Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Computer guru's chatrroom java update help here?

Dinar_Eddie

I know I'm gonna tick some people off by beating this horse to death, but I don't give up easily!

Many times in the chatroom Mods and highly respected and trusted members (not me) cannot paste a

link or news article in chat because the have ugraded java. The only solution offered so far is to revert back to

previous version java. Now I am no computer expert here, but seems to me the ultimate solution lies in a server update.

Please, any computer tech that is aware of what is required to have this updated on the server offer your solutions here

so we can finally get this ball rolling! Now I've always been able to copy and paste in chat, so I'm not interested in hearing

once again that the problem is on my end. Some Mods have even expressed they are happy that all cannot paste in chat

because of liability issues, etc. I would gladly give up my right to do so if this were fixed and all Mods and info suppliers like

Scooter were the only ones with the capabilty to do so. Any information that would help persuade the owner of this site to

to update the copy and paste feature in the chatroom would be much appreciated!

thank you,

Dinar_Eddie

• Upvote 1

Once again, here is the link to revert back to earlier java, http://dinarvets.com...rking-properly/

not the best solution IMHO

You can also edit the java security policy file on the current version

Not the easiest way, but it works....

http://forums.addoninteractive.com/showthread.php?7707-Copy-Paste-Issue-in-Java-1.6-Update-24

AddonInteractive has recently been made aware of Java security updates which disable copy, cut, paste, and image hotlinking (IMG tag) within an applet.

We are currently in the process of trying to determine whether or not these security measures will exist in the same form in the next Java update. We're also investigating and testing feasible methods of re-enabling these functions through AddonChat code modifications.

For those of you who depend upon inter-application copy/paste here are two solutions:

Solution 1
: While AddonInteractive discourages the use of older Java versions, the simplest solution is to simply uninstall Java 1.6.0_24 and install Java 1.6.0_23. Java 1.6.0_23 may be downloaded from Oracle's web site at
or at
- We do not currently have instructions for Mac users.

Solution 2
: The Java security policy file may be edited to permit applet clipboard access. The following has not been tested on a Mac (though it should work) and we haven't tested whether or not it affects image hotlinking.

a) Locate your Java Security Policy file. This file is named java.policy and should be located in the lib/security folder of your Java installation. On Windows 7, the file may be found in C:\Program Files(x86)\Java\jre6\lib\security or C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\security. In OSX, the file should be located in /Library/Java/Home/lib/security

B)

Copy this file to your home folder (e.g., C:\Users\Chris in Windows or /Users/chris in OS-X)

c) Rename the file to .java.policy (note the period at the beginning of the file name)

d) Edit the file using your favorite text editor. Locate the following line of text:Code: // "standard" properies that can be read by anyoneAdd the following line just below this line such that it reads:Code: // "standard" properies that can be read by anyone permission java.awt.AWTPermission "accessClipboard";e) Save the file.

f) Close any open browser windows and ensure that Java is not running before testing.

(Credit to this goes to 3rd post at
)

---

For those interested, the following link provides a technical explanation of the vulnerabilities:
- furthermore, a discussion regarding this topic can be found at Oracle's online forum:

Chris Duerr

·
·
Live support Software

• Upvote 1