Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Good for a laugh!

happygilmore

This is another proof that Obama is completly out of touch with reality. 1967 borders. I guess America should go back to the borders when Spain, Mexico and England held most of what is now America. Sorry if I offend someone but the sooner he is gone the better.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 2

It's past time our current leaders got a lesson in global geopolitics, and their influence on US politics. The facts are that the nation of Israel has powerful allies within the US, both Jewish and Christian. Obama is rolling the dice that their influence is not as great as those with whom he has thrown in his lot. I think he'll lose and, in the process, start a major shift of the Jewish vote (and its associated money) away from the Democratic party. That could have disastrous consequences for the Democrats in the 2012 elections.

The other piece of this puzzle is the influence of US military power in the ME. One of the main reasons why we have incurred the wrath of the Islamic radicals is that they realize they cannot win without the absence of that power. If they are successful in disengaging the US from Israel, it will be only a matter of time before Israel is attacked.

That could have disastrous consequences not only for the ME, but for the world as a whole. Does anyone seriously doubt that if Israel's back is against the wall, they would use EVERY means at their disposal to defend themselves, including their putative nukes? Were that to occur, the world economy would suffer a setback from which it would take decades to recover, not to mention the millions of lives that would be lost.

Bottom line: Obama may view his position as a prod to both sides to negotiate in good faith. JMO, but he's playing with fire, and may well make the situation worse, not only globally, but for himself and his party domestically. Experience counts, and he doesn't have much.

• Upvote 6

This is another proof that Obama is completly out of touch with reality. 1967 borders. I guess America should go back to the borders when Spain, Mexico and England held most of what is now America. Sorry if I offend someone but the sooner he is gone the better.

This has been the United States' offical stance on the situation for over 30 years. It's not Obama's brand new idea.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

i am a libertarian and, therefore, not a fan of obama, but it amazes me that we americans tolerate the israeli political line. for nearly fifty years, the israeli government has broken up these borders by passing building codes, bulldozing homes, and building jewish-only communities in their places. the government then built roads between the communities and allowed travel on the roads with government permission only. "papers, please." this has created the breakdown of the 1967 borders. muslims (and much of the rest of the world) hate us because we are viewed as the biggest hypocrites in the world. the israelis use government power to tell people where they can and can't live based on their religion, race, and creed, and our government not only agrees, it gives them billions of dollars per year. maybe we are hypocrites.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6