Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

UGLY BETTY ACTOR KILLS MOM WITH SAMURI SWORD

Marilyn53

Report: 'Ugly Betty' actor slays mom with sword

Neighbor says man was heard shouting 'repent, repent, repent' at NYC apartment

1. Below:

[*]

Advertisement | ad infomsnbc.com msnbc.com updated 11/23/2010 10:02:39 AM ET 2010-11-23T15:02:39

• NEW YORK — An actor who appeared on "Ugly Betty" was arrested early Tuesday after allegedly killing his mother with a samurai sword, according to a report.

New York-based TV station WPIX said that Michael L. Brea was tasered by police after taking his mother hostage at an apartment in Brooklyn.

A neighbor told WPIX that he heard a man shouting Biblical passages "like repent, repent, repent."

Brea, 31, was later taken into custody, WPIX said.

The New York Daily News reported that Yannick Brea, 55, was stabbed repeatedly with a sword. WPIX reported that she was found decapitated.

"I had just dozed off to go to sleep and then I woke up to somebody screaming," neighbor Bernard Bent told WPIX. "It sounded like lady's voice and after a while I just didn't hear the woman's voice again."

The newspaper said the suspect was undergoing a psychiatric evaluation at Kings County Hospital.

Advertisement | ad infoCiting website BelFim.com, WPIX said Brea had appeared as a dancer in film "Step Up 3-D".

He appeared in a 2009 episode of "Ugly Betty," the website said.

"I remember growing up and my mother was always feeding people who were less fortunate," Brea is quoted as saying on BelFim.com. "My parents raised me to always share and to give charity in the name of God."

According to the Daily News, it was not clear what had provoked the attack.