Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Army officer headed to prison

RiverStyx

Army Officer Who Sent $100,000 To Wife Here Is Headed To Prison An Army officer who approved supply contracts in Iraq is headed to prison for lying about the contents of a package he sent to his wife in Killeen that held more than $100,000 in cash.

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (October 8, 2010)—Army Maj. Charles E. Sublett, who approved supply contracts in Iraq, was sentenced Friday to 21 months in prison for lying about contents of a package he sent to his wife in Killeen that contained more than $100,000 in cash.

Sublett had faced as much as five years in prison after pleading guilty in July to sending almost $108,000 in sequentially numbered $100 bills and more than 17 million Iraqi dinar, then worth about $11,600, from Balad, Iraq, to his wife in Killeen.

Customs officials in Memphis intercepted the package in January 2005.

Sublett was indicted in January.

In return for his guilty plea, the government agreed to dismiss a bulk cash smuggling charge.

He was never charged with stealing the money.

http://www.kwtx.com/..._104602309.html

any package you mail over seas can be searched it goes though customs and if they want to open the box they can just like they can search your luggage at the airport without asking you. I have learned over the last six and a half years that when I hand a package to the post office or my luggage to the clerk at the airport if they want to open it they will and as far as the airports luggage people if they want to take something out of it for them self they will do that to. that is why you never put anything important in your luggage or the mail just my 2 cents

Sooo. A few questions if any one cares to enlighten me.

Did he/his wife get to keep the USD and the Dinar? If not why wouldnt he? He wasnt charged with stealing it or smuggling it...

Was it his money to begin with? They were very vague with the origin of the funds so mysterious...

If he is not being charged with stealing the money and not being charged with 'Bulk smuggling" what are they charging him with? Lying? really? If i put $100k in a box to be mailed I sure as heck wouldnt be advertising what it was.

He should be charged with stupidity for sure for sending that much cash through the mail... If CBP didnt get it, his neighborhood mailperson or his neighbor might have! Just sayin...

Sooo. A few questions if any one cares to enlighten me.

Did he/his wife get to keep the USD and the Dinar? If not why wouldnt he? He wasnt charged with stealing it or smuggling it...

Was it his money to begin with? They were very vague with the origin of the funds so mysterious...

If he is not being charged with stealing the money and not being charged with 'Bulk smuggling" what are they charging him with? Lying? really? If i put $100k in a box to be mailed I sure as heck wouldnt be advertising what it was.

He should be charged with stupidity for sure for sending that much cash through the mail... If CBP didnt get it, his neighborhood mailperson or his neighbor might have! Just sayin...

Law says you have to declare over I think its $5,000 in cash on your person if you are traveling and or any amount in international mail.

The charge was lying about the contents of the package, as to keep it??? your guess is as good as mine. If he was not charged with stealing it I would think he kept it but not sure if it was kept for evidence and confiscated. They X-ray boxes and the strips show up in money. Many do not know that. Also some dogs hit on money. Something like 3 out of 4 dollars in circulation now have cocaine traces on them even though you are unaware of it. Most dogs can detect money in this way. Not saying that is what happened. Most likely it was an X-ray.