Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Basket of currencies

I came across this about the Kuwait dinar on Wikipedia, I was just curious about the re-Val of kwd and gave me hope on on the Iqd. Not ment to be a rumor or news, just something that raised confidence in our investment.

From March 18, 1975 to January 4, 2003 the dinar was pegged to a weighted currency basket. From January 5, 2003 until May 20, 2007, the pegging was switched to 1 U.S. dollar = 0.29963 dinar with margins of ±3.5%.[5] The central rate translates to approximately 1 dinar = 3.33745 dollars.

From June 16, 2007, the Kuwaiti dinar was re-pegged to a basket of currencies,[6] and is now worth about US$3.609 (€2.686). It is the world's highest-valued currency unit.

But if you notice the basket of currencies, Iqd is on the list. Also, it was on Wikipedia, so take it for what it is...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuwaiti_dinar

• Upvote 1

I came across this about the Kuwait dinar on Wikipedia, I was just curious about the re-Val of kwd and gave me hope on on the Iqd. Not ment to be a rumor or news, just something that raised confidence in our investment.

From March 18, 1975 to January 4, 2003 the dinar was pegged to a weighted currency basket. From January 5, 2003 until May 20, 2007, the pegging was switched to 1 U.S. dollar = 0.29963 dinar with margins of ±3.5%.[5] The central rate translates to approximately 1 dinar = 3.33745 dollars.

From June 16, 2007, the Kuwaiti dinar was re-pegged to a basket of currencies,[6] and is now worth about US$3.609 (€2.686). It is the world's highest-valued currency unit.

But if you notice the basket of currencies, Iqd is on the list. Also, it was on Wikipedia, so take it for what it is...

Interesting, but I believe the IQD was mentioned because Saddam Hussein replaced the Kuwaiti currency with his own when he invaded Kuwait.  You may want to double-check, but I think that is why.  I don't believe that it has anything to do with the anticipated RV for the IQD. JMHO.  :shrug:  :twocents:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

kuwait did not rv. do a google search or even a serach on this forum and you will see tons of things explaining that situation and what really ahppenend.