Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Friday Pick-me Up

krome2ez

Incredible Video of a 6-Year-Old Piano Prodigy Playing ‘Piano Man’ Will Make Your Jaw Drop

Posted on April 27, 2012 at 10:44am by Jonathon M. Seidl

If you need a video pick-me-up this Friday, look no further than this story and Ethan Walmark.

Ethan, from Connecticut, is 6-years-old with Autism Spectrum Disorder, and he’s a piano prodigy to say the least. How so? He learns and plays by ear.

“He‘s a great kid and it’s some kind of a miracle,” his piano instructor, Chris Robison, explains. “I tell people but you can‘t really see unless you’re there.”

She’s not kidding. Here he is playing Billy Joel’s “Piano Man” a couple days ago:

So who is he? The local Patch site gives a little background on Ethan, who’s been capturing hearts and ears over the past year:

Ethan Walmark’s dad sang The Beatles’ “I Will” to his child every night. It’s the gentle type of song that a proud father would sing to his son, with lyrics like, “Love you forever and forever/Love you with all my heart.”

When Ethan was four, he played the song by ear. At five years old, he knows The Doors, the tunes from Glee and just about anything else he hears. For Ethan, who has autism, music is medicine, therapy and a rare gift

“When people see our son and all the attributes he has, it takes a little of the pain away because I’m in pain 24/7,” said his mother, Allison Ziering Walmark.

While Ethan can belt out a bevy of tunes despite being too short to reach the piano pedals, his disorder makes social interactions difficult. When Mike, his dad, played The Beatles over an iPhone, Ethan started hysterically shouting to turn it off. He often shouts and has problems focusing.

And Ethan’s local news station covered his amazing ability last year:

Can’t get enough of the little guy? You’re in luck. Here are some of his best “hits”:

In case you’re wondering, Ethan’s parents, Michael and Allison, are raising money for autism here

Videos would not load.

Can be seen at link provided here:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/incredible-video-of-a-6-year-old-piano-prodigy-playing-piano-man-will-make-your-jaw-drop/

Edited by krome2ez
  • Upvote 2