Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Kathy Griffin - Suck it, Jesus. This award is my god now."

rand

This is a forwarded message .......

Regarding Kathy Griffin

I am asking everyone of you too send this one on asking people not to attend any movies that this person is in and to let the operators of the movie house know the reason you are not attending the movies she is in..... THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS

If this makes you as angry as I, you will surely pass it along.

In God We Trust

I looked this up on truth or fiction and it is the TRUTH! Comedian Kathy Griffin's "Suck it Jesus" Comment-Truth!

Summary of the eRumor:

A forwarded email complains about an appearance by comedian Kathy Griffin on the Emmy Awards show. In accepting an award she allegedly said that no one had less to do with her award than Jesus then said "Suck it Jesus. This is my God now."

The Truth:

Kathy Griffen was presented with an Emmy at the 2007 awards in the category of "Outstanding Reality Program" for her show "My Life on the D-List."

In her acceptance speed she said, "A lot of people come up here and thank Jesus for this award. I want you to know that no one had less to do with this award than Jesus. Suck it, Jesus. This award is my god now."

Her comments not only drew criticism but also attention when the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences chose to edit out her remarks from a pre-taped telecast of the show.

Updated 12/15/07

A real example of the eRumor as it has appeared on the Internet:

At the September 2007 Emmy awards, comedian Kathy Griffin's acceptance speech said, "A lot of people come up here and thank Jesus for this award I want you to know that no one had less to do with this award than Jesus." She went on to say,"Suck it, Jesus. This is my God now!" referring to the Emmy. As a Christian, I am offended by her hate speech. What do you think might have happened if she had made the hate speech against Muhammad???? Kathy Griffin has the right as an American to say what she thinks. As a Christian-American, so do I. Today I will refuse to

watch any show that she may be on or purchase tickets to any event at which she would perform. What will you do? If you delete this, nothing bad will happen to you, but if you pass this on, you will truly have stood up for Jesus Christ. Let's see what the 80% of Christian-Americans can do.

I remember when this happened. I was so upset that anyone would stand up there and do that. I have refused to watch anything that has her in it. If it be a movie, tv appearance, comedy show, etc. If we all would stand up for what we believe in..maybe things wouldn't be the way they are. Thanks for posting this.