Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Whats up with the Filter?

delta22

I was just wondering about the site filter or software, till now I always assumed that Hillarious Clinton was a pun by the poster. This morning I posted an article by Senator Rand Paul with Hillarious in the title yet when it posted it came up as Hillarious don't get me wrong in no way am I a fan of any Clinton I just think if your going to to select her name for editing then we should be able to use all the other words the filter has problems with. Darn filter limits my speech! :lol: :lol: :lol:

See it did it again lets try H i l l a r y .

• Upvote 2

I say let's get rid of the filter altogether!

Considering the words that are not filtered that should be, the phrases and sentences that are offensive to some, the thoughts and ideals that many avow but also many scorn, what is the use of a filter anyway? It doesn't keep the end product from being as raw as it would be with those words. We all know what they were before the filter. Personally, as a lover of words and word usage, I would love to see the filter removed. Let all he!! fly, eh?

:)

amee2

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I agree with Smee and would prefer no censoring or filter for the most part... but, I understand it's purpose to keep things civil. And, I do enjoy some of the replacements... heck I always wondered what "Bunny ear" meant (for L O P) when I was a newbie in chat!!! :lol:

And, I believe Hilarious is the latest addition from a few months ago... suggested by a member... and implemented by Adam himself!

I'll try to just enjoy it all with some light-heartedness... :)

• Upvote 1

I agree with Smee and would prefer no censoring or filter for the most part... but, I understand it's purpose to keep things civil. And, I do enjoy some of the replacements... heck I always wondered what "Bunny ear" meant (for L O P) when I was a newbie in chat!!! laugh.gif

And, I believe Hilarious is the latest addition from a few months ago... suggested by a member... and implemented by Adam himself!

I'll try to just enjoy it all with some light-heartedness... smile.gif

As our friend FlyHi says "Words are powerful".

Ummm... that may have been me introducing "Hillarious"... that was just my bad spelling and going with it in a moment of humor and context, and I let it go. I had wondered why it showed up that way ever since. It certainly wasn't intended as a suggestion as a new way to refer to her.

Actually... I respect her for taking the job on and how hard she has been working for us.

I believe she has been doing a good job representing us. smile.gif

As far as filters go, I don't care for them. I wasn't aware they were there.

I'll try to take it with some "light-heartedness" but I will watch what I say more carefully in the future.