Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Iraq ranks 5th as S.Korea's largest crude oil supplier in February EconomyIraqBreakingOil 2024-03-28 03:48 Font Shafaq News / The Korean National Oil Corporation (KNOC) reported, on Thursday, that Iraq emerged as the fifth-largest source of crude oil during February. KNOC stated that Saudi Arabia topped South Korea's list of oil suppliers last month, exporting 25.390 million barrels, followed by the US with 13.626 million barrels, the United Arab Emirates with 11.110 million barrels, and Kuwait with 10.873 million barrels. The statement added that "Iraq ranked fifth as South Korea's largest oil supplier for February, with a total of 8.419 million barrels, up 13.13% compared to Febreuary 2023’s 7.429 million barrels. This also represents a 7.2% surge from the preceding month when exports reached 7.851 million barrels." According to the company's statement, "South Korea suspended the purchase of Kazakhstani crude oil blend, with no third-largest crude importer in Asia receiving any shipment of the product from Central Asia in February." "Major local refining companies found logistics services for purchasing light crude oil to be excessively costly and inefficient amidst ongoing maritime safety concerns in the Red Sea and the industry." Notably, Iraq and South Korea share a significant relationship in oil trade, marked by mutual economic interests and strategic cooperation. South Korea is a major importer of Iraqi crude oil, vital for meeting its energy demands and driving industrial growth. The two countries have established trade agreements and long-term contracts governing oil imports, with South Korea seeking to diversify its energy sources to ensure security. South Korean companies have invested in Iraq's oil sector, contributing to infrastructure projects and technological advancements. Despite challenges such as geopolitical instability and market fluctuations, both nations continue to explore opportunities for collaboration, exchanging technical expertise and fostering innovation in the oil industry.
  3. Gold fluctuates across Iraq: Rise in Baghdad, dip in Erbil EconomyIraqBreakingGold 2024-03-28 04:09 Font Shafaq News / Gold prices surged in Baghdad, falling in Erbil on Thursday, March 28, 2023. Our correspondent reported that gold prices in Baghdad’s Al-Nahr Street rose this morning, recording a selling price per mithqal (equals to five grams) for 21-carat gold, including Gulf, Turkish, and European gold, of 453,000 IQD, with a buying price of 449,000 IQD. The selling price per mithqal of 21-carat Iraqi gold stood at 423,000 IQD, while the buying price reached 419,000 IQD. In jewelry stores, the selling price per mithqal of 21-carat Gulf gold ranged between 455,000 and 465,000 IQD, while the selling price per mithqal of Iraqi gold fluctuated between 425,000 and 435,000 IQD. In Erbil, the selling price per mithqal for 24-carat gold was 520,000 IQD, for 21-carat gold it was 455,000 IQD, and for 18-carat gold, it was 390,000 IQD. Global gold prices steadied on Thursday, as investors digested comments from Federal Reserve Governor Christopher Waller on interest rate cuts and looked forward to more US economic data for policy clues. Spot gold was up 0.1% at $2,195.59 per ounce. US gold futures edged 0.2% higher to $2,195.10. Spot silver was steady at $24.68 per ounce, platinum rose 0.7% to $899.75 and palladium climbed 1.4% to $997.41, as reported by Reuters.
  4. Today
  5. Pimpy Community Comment: "George Bush once stated the war will eventually pay for itself." Nope that was Paul Wolfowitz. He worked for the Bush Administration, but it was not George Bush who said that. Nevertheless, the point is still the same, and it came from the Bush Administration..! GWB DID say that the Iraq war wouldn't cost the U.S. taxpayer one dime.
  6. I found the below on Wikepdia The ship has a diesel engine for propulsion, and 4 diesel generators and they couldn't keep any of them running? My experience is limited to steam powered turbines and diesel generators. I don't know how the above is all interconnected, unless it was some sort of fuel issue. In the previous incident this ship had they mentioned a Fuel Guage issue. Yep, EM2, was in '80-'85. I was on the USS Lockwood (FF-1064), Home Port Yokosuka, Japan and the USS Goldsborough (DDG-20), I mentioned in an earlier post. My last electrical job was in '89. I'm an accountant now, believe it or not. My bbf I joined the Navy with, was an EM too, he became a Navy Diver, after we got separated for duty. Still has his helmet, actually, he was down in FL a few months ago and had another friend, that got him suited up in the dive suit and back in the water one last time. I don't know if we have ever discussed this before. .
  7. I also read about 5 to 7 years ago they had discovered a hugh vein of gold worth in the Billions of dollars but not under the streets of the green zone. Ever since I had read the article been watch for more info of this article. But not heard any more of this article. So either it was a false statement or was announced by mistake and they been mining this gold in secret. May come out for sure one of these years. JMHO
  8. been there felt all that so many times BG , every country is super corrupt every one is trying to game the system and most are and do imo its just the way of the world, this has always been a long shot and highly speculative as you know nothing is guarantee sometimes articles are posted and raises peoples expectations and its easy to get sucked into it everyone has to make up their mind to keep holding ,sell back or sell down to a level that it doesnt alter ones well being and life as for me iv'd learned not to get to consumed with it all and keep pursuing life always hoping for the best prepared for the worse ... cheers
  9. REMEMBER, no one really knows what will happen, or when. They're simply stating their opinions based on what they perceive to be happening in Iraq... So, take everything with a grain of salt ... RON Frank26 IMO the United States of America has been paid in full...mission accomplished...IMO Iraq and the United States have come to an agreement on many files and the one important file was the sanctions on the banks that needed to be lifted...There is a lot happening. It is complex. It is tedious. It's all concerning the monetary reform. Pimpy Surprise! I literally just a couple months ago was looking up the steps Iraq has to take in order to get back on the Swift system and it listed everything saying they were in the process. That's all it said. Apparently they are beyond the process and they've been through the process since the end of 2022 beginning of 2023. Great, that's another big accomplishment for Iraq. We need to make sure restrictions under the currency are lifted. We need for them to get into the World Trade Organization and we need to see them on the Forex. Those things have got to be coming soon. This is exciting new for Iraq... MarkZ ...Bank Story...One of our members went into a Wells Fargo and spoke to a manger. She asked if all the recent redecorating was because they were going to be a redemption center. The manager said “As a matter of fact –yes.” Then went on to say that they have to wait for a notifications to start... I thought this was positive as we so rarely get a positive story from WF. Militia Man Article: "Fouad Hussein: America avoids talking about sanctions against Iraqi banks" The banks that were sanctioned were likely ones that may have had connections to the crime of the century. Those arrest warrants for many in the previous government are fresh in the news. Regardless the US Treasury has more important things to talk about. They are talking reforming the banks and financial issues above and beyond energy!! Things are coming along very well. They are setting the stage in the USA and the UK, while informing us all along the way.. I so very like today's news.. It is amazing. Walkingstick The citizens of Iraq are not exchanging for the float. They're exchanging for purchasing power. That's all the Iraqi citizens get. They only get purchasing power of their currency which is everything to them. Sandy Ingram A pivotal moment looms on the horizon with Iraqi Prime Minister Mohammed Shia al-Sudani slated to visit Washington DC on April 15, 2024. President Biden is set to host this crucial meeting...It's not all about military...the meeting is also expected to tour upon Iraqi financial reforms...This is the reason this meeting is important for Iraqi dinar investors. The US...undoubtedly has a vested interest in the successful implementation of these reforms. Frank26 ll the contracts that Al-Sudani signed around the world are now being recalculated and being converted into dinars...That takes guts to do that. Normally a country would simply walk away and say forget you, up yours. But right now Sudani has so much power, he is in so much control that the world will bow to any of his demands concerning the economic reform of Iraq all because the monetary reform was successful and proven to them. They all want a piece of Iraq, at whatever cost. Fnu Lnu The Dinar Mythology surrounding this EO is amazing...It says exactly NOTHING about buying Dinar. Executive Order 13303 was issued on May 22, 2003, by United States President George W. Bush to protect the Development Fund for Iraq for the rebuilding of Iraq... Executive Order 13303 also terminates sanctions specified in EO 12722, EO 12724, EO 13290, as it applies to the development fund. In effect, EO 13303 provides an extraordinarily broad legal shield for any and all contractors and mercenaries working in Iraq on behalf of US corporations in any oil related enterprise. The Executive Order also declares a national emergency to deal with the threat to a peaceful reconstruction of Iraq, which US Presidents have renewed every year since, most recently in May 2023. MarkZ There are some meetings with Iraqi ministers in DC and some at the UN in New York. We will not see Sudani until April 15th…but no part of me thinks they would pull the trigger with him not in his own country. Comment: IMO Sudani isn’t coming here on 4/15 to raise rates after he leaves…i think he is taking a victory lap because it will RV before he comes. Mark: That is what I think is going to happen. My gut is screaming somewhere between now and next Wednesday based on what I am hearing...but nobody knows the exact timing. I certainly am feeling good about it.
  10. You are Correct...right under the streets of the Green Zone..!
  11. From WRAL-TV; Winning Powerball Numbers Wednesday, March 27, 2024 37 46 57 60 66 PB 08 Power Player 2X Congratulations 429! You matched tonight's powerball plus one! Sorry; We had no other winning matches.
  12. As I said earlier, The angle of the rifle’s barrel, coupled with shooting from a ridge above the target, accounted for the arc in the bullet’s trajectory, he said That alone would negate the loss of vision due to the curve of the earth. Kinda like shooting from a roof top down to another roof top. I live next to a "Long Range Rifleman". (Sniper) 3 tours in Iraq, 5 years on the Sheriff's department Swat team. I have seen him shoot stuff I can't see without a scope. There is alot that goes into shooting long distance. More that my brain wants to figure. I shoot stuff. I fix stuff. I reload stuff, and I know stuff. That long distance stuff is the stuff I don't want to know.
  13. I was able to buy shares of DWAC on Friday. I'm up by over 100% as of now. For an hour or so was at 240% and kicked myself for not going bigger, but I wasn't sure if DWAC would convert to DJT. ARGH...
  14. This is the key phrase, in my opinion, for the whole article. I don’t know if we will ever see a return on our hopes, dreams, and prayers with the dinar but I do believe It’s all about personal and/or party interests that control EVERYTHING that goes on in Iraq. I’ve been warned by people who have spent time in Iraq that the country is so corrupt that there will never be an agreement on anything due to the different power hungry factions. I am becoming a believer and feel about ready to cash in my chips. ☹️
  15. I agree with the generator start and potential phasing issues. Initial thoughts on the multiple flashes..it is possible they have power supplied from both shores, which would account for two flashes. The problem with the others is once there is a dead short condition the power supply overcurrent device will trip, eliminating the power. You know they had shunt breakers before the 70's, although most were not correctly coordinated, that wouldn't have any bearing on this event. Ground fault protection came out in first code in 1976, I'm sure the system was updated a couple times since built. Giving the benefit of doubt to circuits supplied by multiple feeds, with one mile plus of structure you'll have at least 20 circuits between 24 volts to 480 volts, for general lighting, sign lighting, street lighting, data signal, aircraft lights/strobes, walkway lights, and a multitude of sensors and fire fighting appliances. Once the conductors are pulled apart at the junctions I don't believe the capacitive inductance would be great enough to create the successive flashes. It is very possible that several fixtures were emergency rated with battery or capacitor stored energy, but you wouldn't get that backfed into the supply lines. Static discharge in this application would not be present due to the existing bonding of the structure. This is all total conjecture, as I obviously have no inside info on the wiring system. There may be a perfectly plausible explanation for five or six large arc flash discharges due to redundant systems, but I would need to see the schematics to erase the doubts that video creates. I didn't know you were a Sparky.. me too.
  16. OMG, I absolutely give up. Refusing to admit the variables is unacceptable. Rotation is absurd, how the heck can you shoot a target so far away OVER THE HORIZON that you can't see it? Maybe I shouldn't ask. God knows what you will come up with next.
  17. Captain and Crew of DALI Cargo Ship Were Taken to Walmart Before Ship Crashed into Key Bridge The Baltimore Sun reported the captain and the crew of the DALI cargo ship that crashed into the Francis Scott Key bridge were taken to a local Walmart to shop before their departure on early Tuesday morning. The Apostleship of the Sea Director, Andrew Middleton, told the press he took the DALI captain and crew members to shop at a local Walmart over the weekend. https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/03/captain-crew-dali-cargo-ship-were-taken-walmart/
  18. Honestly, I believe Al-Sudani has accomplished a lot. Al-Abadi is just showing his support to Al-Sudani. “I am in favor of granting Prime Minister Muhammad Shiaa al-Sudani a second term” Go Al-Sudani Go Reforms Go Stronger dinar
  19. I cannot imagine sweating blood. Given human, the intensity of knowing already what was coming purely from pain, agony and death. Even though He is God, and overcame death, the reality and pain real. Amazing His love for us and something I won't fully understand or appreciate until home.
  20. ron - thought I read somewhere that Iraq has some big time gold deposits too. Or maybe I'm hallucinating again - JK 😬🙃🙂
  21. Temenos; We were founded in 1993 and set on a mission to revolutionize banking. Since then, our community of customers, partners, influencers, and employees has grown. Back in 2002, we celebrated signing our 300th client, and today we serve 3000 customers. Two-thirds of the world’s top 1,000 banks and 70+ challenger banks in more than 150 countries rely on our technology. Our open platform enables over 1.2 billion people to carry out their daily banking needs. That’s 30% of the world’s banking population. Banking providers – big and small, traditional and new – use our platform to build new services and state-of-the-art customer experiences through highly personalized and AI-supported user journeys. We constantly innovate to combine rich, out-of-the-box functionality with cutting-edge technology. Our single code base means every dollar we invest benefits all our customers. We help our clients create new growth opportunities, drive efficiencies at scale and achieve cost-to-income ratios at half the industry average. We do this by offering open, composable, cloud-based banking services at a fraction of the cost of legacy systems. I see Progress… Go banking system Go Open market economy Go Stronger Dinar
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.