Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Do You Believe in Bigfoot ?

brbrlocke

89 members have voted

1. 1. Does Bigfoot exist

• Yes, I believe he is there.
    • No way, people who believe are crazy.?
    • Maybe......?

As a researcher I get so irritated as some of the 'great minds' when they are interviewed regarding bigfoot or other cryptos.  It is so stupid to think we are the only thing out there.  Also it is so insulting to tell people who truly believe they have seen something that they are mistaken.  Quite often it is someone who has never left the classroom telling someone who has grown up in the woods that they do not know a bear when they have seen one.  If there is one thing I have learned in my research is that there are so more questions out there than there are answers.

• Upvote 3

As a researcher I get so irritated as some of the 'great minds' when they are interviewed regarding bigfoot or other cryptos.  It is so stupid to think we are the only thing out there.  Also it is so insulting to tell people who truly believe they have seen something that they are mistaken.  Quite often it is someone who has never left the classroom telling someone who has grown up in the woods that they do not know a bear when they have seen one.  If there is one thing I have learned in my research is that there are so more questions out there than there are answers.

Thanks for responding. Where do you do your research?  You are so right about some that will insult folks trying to tell their story and that is why although I belong to several bf groups on facebook, I never share with them because someone is always soooooo ready to call a hoax.  That's why I come here to share with my friends that are willing to listen to my encounters and not judge me.  The things that I see and hear are very real and I have no purpose to make them up.  The only thing I hope to achieve is to find others that would like to share and need someone that will hear.

• Upvote 2

I once had a bigfoot break into my kitchen one night...  :blink: ... but when I turned on the light it was only Thug raiding the fridge!!!  :rolleyes: 

Dog and Desimo... I have spent enough time in the woods to know what your sayin'... I've heard wildcat's scream at night in NC, owls of all types, eagles screeching, loons calling, etc..., etc... If anyone thinks the woods and the wild are a quite, noiseless place they haven't been in the wild imo.  But, I would take that type of noise (the wind in the leaves, branches creaking, critters talkin', etc...) over a busy congested day in the city any day!  Thanks for sharin' ya'll... and please pardon my humor... I try to behave... but there are just too many options!!!  :lol: 

• Upvote 1

My research as been in areas of psychology so it really grinds my grits when I hear the great minds use psychology to 'prove' that things do not exist.  If anyone should be open to things that are not understandable or seen should be those in the area of psychology.  I have had my experiences in the areas of spirituality, ghosts, and UFOs.  I know what I have seen as a kid and as an adult regarding things flying that are unexplainable.  As a psychologist I found one of the greatest tools that I had was the acceptable of the spirit component. 

• Upvote 2

I met Bigfoot once...he had a copy of Obama's real birth certificate crumpled in his fist and he was on his way to meet Elvis

at the Communist Party meeting....

Bigfoot is described in reports as a large hairy ape-like creature, in a range of 2-3 m (6.6-9.8 ft) tall, weighing in excess of 500 pounds (230 kg), and covered in dark brown or dark reddish hair.[5][9] Purported witnesses have described large eyes, a pronounced brow ridge, and a large, low-set forehead; the top of the head has been described as rounded and crested, similar to the sagittal crest of the male gorilla. Bigfoot is commonly reported to have a strong, unpleasant smell by those who claim to have encountered it.[10] The enormous footprints for which it is named have been as large as 24 inches (60 cm) long and 8 inches (20 cm) wide.[9] While most casts have five toes — like all known apes — some casts of alleged Bigfoot tracks have had numbers ranging from two to six.[11] Some have also contained claw marks, making it likely that a portion came from known animals such as bears, which have five toes and claws.[12][13] Proponents claim that Bigfoot is omnivorous and mainly nocturnal.[14]

History Before 1958

Wildmen stories are found among the indigenous population of the Pacific Northwest. The legends existed prior to a single name for the creature.[15] They differed in their details both regionally and between families in the same community. Similar stories of wildmen are found on every continent except Antarctica.[15] Ecologist Robert Michael Pyle argues that most cultures have human-like giants in their folk history: "We have this need for some larger-than-life creature."[16]

Members of the Lummi tell tales about Ts'emekwes, the local version of Bigfoot. The stories are similar to each other in terms of the general descriptions of Ts'emekwes, but details about the creature's diet and activities differed between the stories of different families.[17]

Some regional versions contained more nefarious creatures. The stiyaha or kwi-kwiyai were a nocturnal race that children were told not to say the names of lest the monsters hear and come to carry off a person—sometimes to be killed.[18] In 1847, Paul Kane reported stories by the native people about skoocooms: a race of cannibalistic wild men living on the peak of Mount St. Helens.[12] The skoocoomsappear to have been regarded as supernatural, rather than natural.[12]

Less menacing versions such as the one recorded by Reverend Elkanah Walker exist. In 1840, Walker, a Protestant missionary, recorded stories of giants among the Native Americans living in Spokane, Washington. The Indians claimed that these giants lived on and around the peaks of nearby mountains and stole salmon from the fishermen's nets.[19]

Various local legends were compiled by J. W. Burns in a series of Canadian newspaper articles in the 1920s. Each language had its own name for the local version. Many names meant something along the lines of "wild man" or "hairy man" although other names described common actions it was said to perform (e.g. eating clams).[20] Burns coined the term Sasquatch, which is from the Halkomelem sásq’ets(IPA: [ˈsæsqʼəts]),[2] and used it in his articles to describe a hypothetical single type of creature reflected in these various stories.[12][20][21] Burns's articles popularized both the legend and its new name, making it well known in western Canada before it gained popularity in the United States.[22]

Frontiersman Daniel Boone reported having shot and killed "a ten-foot, hairy giant he called a Yahoo." Folktale scholar Hugh H. Trotti has argued that Boone’s account may have been the inspiration for some of the Bigfoot stories told in North America.[23]

After 1958

In 1951, Eric Shipton had photographed what he described as a Yeti footprint.[22] This photograph generated considerable attention and the story of the Yeti entered into popular consciousness. The notoriety of ape-men grew over the decade, culminating in 1958 when large footprints were found in Del Norte County, California by bulldozer operator Gerald Crew. Sets of large tracks appeared multiple times around a road-construction site in Bluff Creek. After not being taken seriously about what he was seeing, Crew brought in his friend, Bob Titmus, to cast the prints in plaster. The story was published in the Humboldt Times along with a photo of Crew holding one of the casts.[12]

Locals had been calling the unseen track-maker "Big Foot" since the late summer, which Humboldt Times columnist Andrew Genzoli shortened to "Bigfoot" in his article.[24] Bigfoot gained international attention when the story was picked up by the Associated Press.[12][25] Following the death of Ray Wallace – a local logger – his family attributed the creation of the footprints to him.[5] The wife of L.W. “Scoop” Beal, the editor of the Humboldt Standard, which later combined with the Humboldt Times, in which Genzoli's story had appeared,[26] has stated that her husband was in on the hoax with Wallace.[27]

1958 was a watershed year not just for the Bigfoot story itself but also for the culture that surrounds it. The first Bigfoot hunters appeared following the discovery of footprints at Bluff Creek, California. Within a year, Tom Slick, who had funded searches for Yeti in the Himalayas earlier in the decade, organized searches for Bigfoot in the area around Bluff Creek.[28]

As Bigfoot has become better known and a phenomenon in popular culture, sightings have spread throughout North America. In addition to the Pacific Northwest, the Great Lakes region and the Southeastern United States have had many reports of Bigfoot sightings.[29]

Disbelief if you like professor.

They are real. They do exist

I think what bothers men like you  with your great knowledge

Is they are smart enough to stay hid.

After all we are they great minds on this planet

A animal that lives  in the woods can`t out think us.

We are all that and a bag a chips.

hahahahahahahahahaha

. . 

• Upvote 5

• 3 months later...

I'm so excited.... This Sunday night, on Animal Planet, the Finding Bigfoot show I attended will be airing.  I've been waiting since January to see this one and I can hardly wait.  I am not one of the speaking witnesses but it was so exciting to be there and hear the stories others had to tell and meet the Finding Bigfoot team.  It's about Fouke Arkansas and The Legend of Boggy Creek.  I remember seeing that movie when I was a teenager and it's always scared the poody poo out of me. hehehehe. Since it looks like we've still got a while to wait on our dinar to pop, pop some corn and watch the show.  As always, feel free to share your stories here with us.  It's getting time here for the yearly encounters to start so I'm ready and waiting to see what happens this season and I'll be sharing as we go.  Have a great weekend peeps. xoxo

• Upvote 2

the Finding Bigfoot show I attended will be airing. It's about Fouke Arkansas

So Did U Get To "Meet The Fouker's" ? :o

:D     :D    :D

Thx For The Heads Up Barb - I'm Going To Set My DVR To Record It ! ;)

B)          B)

• Upvote 2

Looking forward to it brbrlocke.  Is it just me.......or does Bobo seem way too comfortable in the wild?    :lol:   I absolutely believe in Squatches......but I think it's funny when my wife and I are watching that show and she says, "maybe this is the week we actually see one".  I tell her......"Do you really think we would have to wait until Sunday night for confirmation?"   :) 

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 3

It is stories like this that make me occasionally wish that I had cable. I love it when I go on business travel and get a hotel with cable and while I'm working I get to watch Duck Dynasty, the stories like Sasquatch or the ooky-spooky stuff - bummer, sorry I'll miss it.

• Upvote 2

Sounds like a page right out of Louis L Amour's book "Haunted Mesa"... check it out some time. Very interesting possibilities! Thanks for sharing!!! wink.gif

Excellent book. I have all of his books and that was one of my favorites

Roadrunner

The older Cherokee tell of a spirit called the Nunnehi. It can take physical form when it wants. They are no threat to people unless they are provoked.

Roadrunner

• Upvote 2