Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

For Bravo, et al

SSI

SSI and Duck...Thanks you for the info. The thing that really stood out to me was where it said the US dollar and Dinar would co-exist until all the small denoms got circulated....To me that is huge....isn't that saying 1-1?...anywho Cheers to you both, for hopefully we can all be on the beach soon!!!

Sorry I don't know the answer to that but apparently it has just recently been demanded to be done in Dinar. I would assume it hasn't been long based on this. Total assumption though

Thank you Duckhead. I was once in that situation and it took 6 weeks to get straightened out. That is the time limit that most have the patience for before they walk. The question also arises with how were they being paid in dollars, was it cash, check? Are they set up at a certain bank? With the CBI shutting off the auction it may have become harder for them to get paid in cash thus the no more dollar rate of pay. Now they are waiting to be paid at what ever the new rate for the IQD will be possibly. There must be some higher level discussions going on and unfortunately the contractor is the low man on the pole. Been there did that it is not pretty.

SSI and Duck...Thanks you for the info. The thing that really stood out to me was where it said the US dollar and Dinar would co-exist until all the small denoms got circulated....To me that is huge....isn't that saying 1-1?...anywho Cheers to you both, for hopefully we can all be on the beach soon!!!

Hey Simon. I would think that either means .86 or it means that it will be straight 1 to 1 where you use them interchangeably. I know that the 1 to 1.17 makes sense with simply dropping the three zeros from the exchange rate, but in that case, the dollar is slightly more valuable. My opinion is that they would literally need to be exactly the same value for them to be interchangeably and to demand equal confidence in the dinar. I think if they are not one to one, then what happens when I travel to Mexico will be the case. Regardless of the current USD/Peso exchange rate, they always seem to just assume that it is 10 to 1. At some times, that is advantageous to us, but at other times it irritates me to death because the exchange is not exact. To me, an exact value of the dollar is what makes the most sense.

Thank you Duckhead. I was once in that situation and it took 6 weeks to get straightened out. That is the time limit that most have the patience for before they walk. The question also arises with how were they being paid in dollars, was it cash, check? Are they set up at a certain bank? With the CBI shutting off the auction it may have become harder for them to get paid in cash thus the no more dollar rate of pay. Now they are waiting to be paid at what ever the new rate for the IQD will be possibly. There must be some higher level discussions going on and unfortunately the contractor is the low man on the pole. Been there did that it is not pretty.

Thanks Abarvets. I will add that question to the next round,. That's a great question. Thanks for sharing.

• Upvote 1

Thanks SSI and Duckhead. I think a lot of what you have brought to us have been speculated by our knowledgable people such as Sonny, BondLady, Scooter, Nauty!, Bravo, Carrello, Adam, etc. How nice to hear that what we thought was happening is being confimed by someone who is in the midst of the fire. Appreciate you taking the time to bring this to us!

Hey folks,

DH just sent me this ad on that goes on our update tonight. Very interesting:

I forgot to mention something important. He said that the private contractors have been told that they can no longer be paid in USD! And they are getting impatient because they haven't been paid since they were told this.. cant believe I forgot that. That's huge. He said if they aren't paid soon, they will all leave. Fyi- this guy isn't private so its not him saying this.

Contractors not getting paid in USD, Now THAT is significant...........

Mak63

Thanks Abarvets. I will add that question to the next round,. That's a great question. Thanks for sharing.

You are very welcome, let me know what you find out. By any chance could you find out the validity to a post yota had yesterday about the fine for smoking? The fine for smoking was 8.50. Now my question is USD or IQD? If it is IQD then they coins and the lower denoms must be coming out very, very soon if not in the institutions already. Do you see where I am going...........

Edited by Abarvets

Too bad it's not true...there is no such deadline for removal of the usd from iraq by 2/1/12....that's just more made up bs. I visit iraq regualrly and have many freinds who live there. Got multiple people saying no such deadline.....nice try though :shakehead:

Well it sure looks like it was true.

Quad B)

• Upvote 1

You are very welcome, let me know what you find out. By any chance could you find out the validity to a post yota had yesterday about the fine for smoking? The fine for smoking was 8.50. Now my question is USD or IQD? If it is IQD then they coins and the lower denoms must be coming out very, very soon if not in the institutions already. Do you see where I am going...........

I'm pickin up what you're puttin down. If we take the recent articles at face value, which I know is dangerous, they say they will only be releasing 3 bills at first. 50, 100, and 200, then I would assume this to be 8.50 in USD. But remember, the USD will be used as a lower denom "staple" for a while. The citizens understand the value of the USD, and not the future value of the dinar. This to me is the beginning of the transition. I feel this will be a calculated multi-step process until only dinars are utilized. If they come out at a 1 to 1, this transition will be smooth as "budda" and 8.50 will be easy for the citizens to figure out. Confidence must be restored first. This is my opinion of how it will play out.

Thanks SSI for your contributions to this site and I totally agree with you, I did not read anything in your post that was "guru" style, lol. If I have learned anything over the last 7 years of this investment, it is that "In Iraq" definitely does not mean "In the Know". For years we relied on news from "Boots on the ground" lol, truth is, we know more than they do. lol. Appreciate your info and +1 from me!

You are exactly right. I have been in this country from top to bottom for eight years and don't hear half the crap that you hear about the dinar. I tell you what I do know. My pay for the month of Jan. was $18,000 USD and not IQD. So what does that say about one statement mentioned? After seven years you think you would learn, I agree. That is why I believe absolutely nothing that is printed on this or any other site and will rely on the CBI for legitimate info. :lol:

I'm pickin up what you're puttin down. If we take the recent articles at face value, which I know is dangerous, they say they will only be releasing 3 bills at first. 50, 100, and 200, then I would assume this to be 8.50 in USD. But remember, the USD will be used as a lower denom "staple" for a while. The citizens understand the value of the USD, and not the future value of the dinar. This to me is the beginning of the transition. I feel this will be a calculated multi-step process until only dinars are utilized. If they come out at a 1 to 1, this transition will be smooth as "budda" and 8.50 will be easy for the citizens to figure out. Confidence must be restored first. This is my opinion of how it will play out.

Thank you Duckhead. I agree with taking anything in print at face value is indeed dangerous. That is why that figure for the fine threw me off the bus so to speak. They will not be able to use the USD as a staple for to long with the reduction in velocity of dollars coming out of the CBI. Don't get me wrong they can still get them from the bank, but not in the amounts that you could substitute one for the other until the transition is complete with the decrease in auctions. Am I making sense?

You are exactly right. I have been in this country from top to bottom for eight years and don't hear half the crap that you hear about the dinar. I tell you what I do know. My pay for the month of Jan. was $18,000 USD and not IQD. So what does that say about one statement mentioned? After seven years you think you would learn, I agree. That is why I believe absolutely nothing that is printed on this or any other site and will rely on the CBI for legitimate info. :lol:

Just curious, what do you do in Iraq? Who do ya work for? If too sensitive, I understand.

That is totally what I was trying to say in my earlier post.....totally agree!!!!!!

If you believe nothing on this site why are you here?

If you believe nothing on this site why are you here?

Good question. I would think the USD for deenar auctions coming to a halt on Feb. 1st gave us a little credibility, but that's OK. No matter what anyone says, there are thousands upon thousands of contractors over there with differing levels of importance, pay, knowledge, etc., etc., etc. This guy isn't lying to us or making this up. He's a high ranking official at the State Dept. so he does have access to information that others do not. Period. I literally think that some folks believe it's gonna stay at 0.00001 or whatever for eternity :)

Entertainment and every once in a while some news links I may have missed.You will see after a few years, hang in there. B)

Thanks for the encourgment.....However I've been at this since 2006, so Im pretty confident in my thoughts or opinions...hense the rumors section...Cheers to you and yours!!!

Entertainment and every once in a while some news links I may have missed.You will see after a few years, hang in there. B)

Normal payment is by bank transfer in UK, with the facility for local currency (if needed) available in base location. Dollar is better at moment but no shortage of any currency reported from base offices. Most concerns are expressed about the executions and the localised feelings from the different groups. Even when all the ground troops were in country "bug out" bags were S.O.P. so I suppose the majority of personnel do it now.Don't see much hidden on your pages so I suppose its only laziness you being asked to answer above questions. Stay safe matey.

• Upvote 1

Thank you Duckhead. I agree with taking anything in print at face value is indeed dangerous. That is why that figure for the fine threw me off the bus so to speak. They will not be able to use the USD as a staple for to long with the reduction in velocity of dollars coming out of the CBI. Don't get me wrong they can still get them from the bank, but not in the amounts that you could substitute one for the other until the transition is complete with the decrease in auctions. Am I making sense?

If they were to RV at more than 1:1, that would be incentive to exchange dollars for dinar as the dinar value would be greater than the dollar and that would lead to de-dollarizing the country and perhaps lead to strengthening the view by the Iraqi's of the dinar and away from the dollar.

Mak63