Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

For Bravo, et al

SSI

Dear Deenarians,

A couple of weeks ago I posted some interesting information regarding the removal of USD as the primary method of exchange with a target date of Feb. 1st attached. And, indeed, on Feb. 1st the auctions stopped and we gained some significant credibility with those of you who exhibit both sensibility AND manners. Well, guess what folks...our good friend Duckhead reached out and got a very detailed update from a mutual buddy that maintains contact with this contractor that we originally mentioned. The information is as follows and at this point I would like to state several obvious facts: 1.) The monetary change occurring in Iraq is exceedingly complicated with many layers of informed participants. Thus, the separation of those in Iraq with actual knowledge of the proceedings vs. those who appear to be bereft of any intelligence whatsoever regarding the deenar. 2.) Duckhead is awesome for bringing this update to us and deserves many kudos from us all. 3.) SteveL, we see you looking so go ahead and copy and paste this to your site as well. I am 200% certain that Our intel is as good or better than yours, so go ahead and make fun if it helps you sleep at night.

Good night folks,

SSI

Dear SSI,

Ok, I posted the other day that we had a call in to our contractor buddy in Iraq. Our local friend heard from him today. This is in no way any special intel or date and rate predictions, simply passing on some information that I would want any other member to share with me if they had the contact. I think you will find the information interesting and goes along well with what we on the net are seeing in the articles. He works as a state department contractor in Baghdad. These are a few of the points that he made. Some good and some not so good.

Our buddy that was speaking to him today asked him what the mood seemed to be like in Iraq. The contractor said that there seemed to be a very pessimistic outlook from the Iraqi citizens with respect to the blocs coming together to end the disputes between them. There is a very strong undercurrent of in fighting that few Iraqis that he knew thought would ever end. He also said that he as well as other contractor friends of his were ready to get out of Iraq as they feel as if they cannot trust many of the Iraqis. He was asked about hearing any rumblings of the borders closing and he said he has heard nothing in that regard.

The conversation then moved to discussing currency. I found a couple of things interesting in this regard as it plays into what we hear on the forums and through articles everyday. He was asked about the removal of the USD from circulation as we discussed at the beginning of this thread. He said that in the beginning of their stay, they were being told that the removal of the USD from the streets was to be completed by the first of this month. He said that there was unexpected resistence by the citizens to turn the dollars over. The assumption was that with all of the "propaganda" coming from the CBI with regard to a "strengthening dinar" the citizens would be easily convinced to surrender the USD. Then in mid project, there were new objectives or a change in CBI plans and they began releasing more USD on the streets again. (hence the 2 consecutive weeks with $200,000,000) auctions. This puzzled many but the citizens embraced it because they trust the USD. Recently now, the auctions have basically stopped as a result of the flow of USD to Iran. This apparently concerns the CBI tremendously. According to the contractor, the border crossings are very tight and people crossing are scrutinized. Two of his contractor friends acutally had immunity leave (or something like that) to travel freely and they were arbitrarily detained for three days when trying to cross into Kuwait last week. According to the contractor, at least he and his friends are ready to get out of Iraq.

The contractor also has regular conversations with who he says is a top guy at the US embassy. He said this person says that everything is in place to implement a monetary change in Iraq. This person says that he feels that the USD are in the streets by design as the lower USD denominations will be used temporarily with the new denominations for the dinar in order to have small enough notes to make change in the market easily.This will stay the case until ALL of the new denominations are in the market place and Iraqi citizens have restored their faith in their own currency. He also said that many of the Iraqis have specifically told him that they will not relenquish the USD until their currency can be used instead. He assumes this means that in order to accomplish what they want, the dinar will need to be at least on par with the USD. This also created an atmosphere where the large (3 zero) notes would be handed over without much question. This obviously was a masterful plan.

Anyway, I know I have rambled a bit but I wanted to pass this along as a follow up. Like I said, this is no claim of sensitive intel, so "In Iraq" critique this all you want, but I thought this was interesting if nothing else. 

DH

Hey folks,

DH just sent me this ad on that goes on our update tonight. Very interesting:

I forgot to mention something important. He said that the private contractors have been told that they can no longer be paid in USD! And they are getting impatient because they haven't been paid since they were told this.. cant believe I forgot that. That's huge. He said if they aren't paid soon, they will all leave. Fyi- this guy isn't private so its not him saying this.

• Upvote 8

Amazing read and goes with how I thought it would happen....dry up the dinar with the auction, now it becomes an even exchange 1usd-1new lower dinar. Anyone still believe they have 30 trillion in circulation? I never have!!! LOL. This is far away with what any country has done in terms of a redenomination.....because those Iraqis who have saving accounts in dinar get added value to their "000" notes the same as speculators. Their is no way to separate speculators from this scenario as it is playing out...thank god!!

I know this is the rumor section but the news matches the rumor so I like it. I just read Iraq wants immunity to the sanctions with Iran ...I hope they get it because having an influx of rial become worthless could hurt the CBI reserves....they need the opportunity to use the rial before Israel starts a war...or they are stuck with worthless paper in their reserves...

I forgot to mention something important. He said that the private contractors have been told that they can no longer be paid in USD"

I can't understand why a private US contractor would be willing to accept anything but USD. They would all just go home.

Edited by lotsofdinar

I forgot to mention something important. He said that the private contractors have been told that they can no longer be paid in USD"

I can't understand why a private US contractor would be willing to accept anything but USD. They would all just go home.

Dude your here you have heard actual boots on the ground info that has been factual and u still question it?how about when they convert iqd to usd will they make money on the conversion,you seem smart enough that this sould be transparent,JUST LIKE YOU GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AWAY LOVE DAVE

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

How am I totally wrong? I heard that there was gonna be a shift in the USD supply by Feb. 1st and on Feb. 1st the lowest USD for dinar auction occurred in Iraq. You seriously are not reading the intent of this, but I could care less, as you started in on me as soon as I posted this originally. There were a couple of guys that posted some things that were of interest to me and I posted this to reach out to them (and certainly NOT you). There is no popularity contest in my opinion and I'm sure that you could beat my a$$ or I could beat your a$$, etc., etc., etc., which is infantile and completely irrelevant. I never said USD was gonna be burned in the street and illegal to carry. My wife was a flight attendant for years and we used to travel all over before we settled down with kids. In every country that I have ever visited, the USD is used in the marketplace as it is the WORLD'S RESERVE CURRENCY (just like it is wherever you are). However, at some point, it is not going to the primary mechanism of exchange in Iraq no matter what you see, what you think, or what you believe. Period. And today's auction (among many, many other things...) bears me out.

Thanks SSI for your contributions to this site and I totally agree with you, I did not read anything in your post that was "guru" style, lol. If I have learned anything over the last 7 years of this investment, it is that "In Iraq" definitely does not mean "In the Know". For years we relied on news from "Boots on the ground" lol, truth is, we know more than they do. lol. Appreciate your info and +1 from me!

• Upvote 1

Thank you for the update SSI and for sharing the intel from DH. We appreciate every morsel that helps put all this together!

Lordi knows it's hard enough trying to get info out of the translated articles that make any sense in the english language! ;) It sure makes it nice when the info comes from people that speak the same lingo!

• Upvote 1

Dude your here you have heard actual boots on the ground info that has been factual and u still question it?how about when they convert iqd to usd will they make money on the conversion,you seem smart enough that this sould be transparent,JUST LIKE YOU GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AWAY LOVE DAVE

I never would've known that lotso even posted had I not seen it in your quotations. That blocking option is AWESOME. He's one of those constipated deenarians that would find something wrong while he was cashing out for $1+ in the event of an actual RV.

• Upvote 1

I had the same thought initially myself lots, but then I thought about how this would work in any other country. If a Russian firm came to the US to contract a project and the contractors were here for an extended period of time, such as 10 months like some we know, why wouldn't they be paid in the local currency. This thought process assumes two things however, 1. That as soon as they actually get paid with dinar, there will likely he a higher value, and 2. It will have to be recognized internationally so the contractor can easily exchange as he/she departs the country. You're assumption about them simply packing up abc rollin out would make sense given the current status of the dinar (value and recognition) but I deduce that those reasons are specifically why the contractos haven't seen pay checks in dinar as of yet.

• Upvote 1

Thank you for sharing SSI and Duckhead! The information is greatly appreciated. Do you have any idea how long they have not been paid? This could shed some additional light into a timeline of sorts. You are correct with it being complicated. They have to have all the systems in place. All areas of government, finance must be informed and have their software up and checked for the conversion. Could you imagine the software crashing with the ration cards? Talk about riots! I have been reading where other governments in the region have gotten their banks up to date with electronic banking.

Also I concur with his statement on the Rial. How much does the CBI possess? This question has troubled me for the past few weeks once new sanctions were placed upon their neighbors. The articles were focused on what was going out of the auction and I was focused on what was coming in from other countries. This will effect their hard currency reserves.

Thank you for sharing SSI and Duckhead! The information is greatly appreciated. Do you have any idea how long they have not been paid? This could shed some additional light into a timeline of sorts. You are correct with it being complicated. They have to have all the systems in place. All areas of government, finance must be informed and have their software up and checked for the conversion. Could you imagine the software crashing with the ration cards? Talk about riots! I have been reading where other governments in the region have gotten their banks up to date with electronic banking.

Also I concur with his statement on the Rial. How much does the CBI possess? This question has troubled me for the past few weeks once new sanctions were placed upon their neighbors. The articles were focused on what was going out of the auction and I was focused on what was coming in from other countries. This will effect their hard currency reserves.

Sorry I don't know the answer to that but apparently it has just recently been demanded to be done in Dinar. I would assume it hasn't been long based on this. Total assumption though