Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

For Bravo, et al

SSI

Texans are known for their bragging. Common sayings are “It ain’t braggin’” (if you can do it, or if it’s true) and

“no brag, just fact.”

“Never let the facts get in the way of a good story” (sometimes given with “truth” replacing the word “facts") is something that seems either from Texas or Hollywood (or a bit of both). The phrase dates from at least 1940.

Folklorist J. Frank Dobie is sometimes credited with this phrase, but this has not been verified with documentary evidence. Delbert Trew (another Texas folklorist) has claimed: “I never let the truth stand in the way of a good story”

wspaper editor

I don't know why, but some of the posts in this thread just reminded me of this quotation and leaves me wondering what a script could be cobbled together with the combined imagination that is sometimes displayed by some contributors. Come on now be fair, read some of this post with an open mind and smile, I know all you Texans can take a "joshing"(spelling)?

It's "joshin.'" <smile>

I don't know if it will happen THAT fast or not, but I know it can't happen until after Feb. 1st. China (along with most of central Asia) is on holiday until about the 27th of January for the lunar new year.. and when they holiday.. they don't do ANYTHING. There won't be any 'global action' requiring China's involvement until after the new year holiday..

So.. sit back, have a <<preferred beverage>> and wait for the Dragon.. by the way.. the coming year is the year of the dragon. Keen business people all over the world are watching to see what will happen in China this year.. you may want to keep that in mind if you are a 'serious' investor.

..now back to my congee.

China is not going to do very well if the EURO and US zone take a hit. China sells to the world, and if the world cant buy they are in just as deep crap as everyone else.

Youre best to look at emerging areas such as Burma or Mongolia or Brazil than you are with China, and its all a roll of the dice.

take a look at what Jim Rogers has to say:

http://www.dogstarmist.com/

Agreed! The streets of Iraq have been flushed with USD and Euro since the initial swap, duh! The recent uptick in daily auctions seems to be the black market and all the USD being smuggled to Syria and Iran because of the sanctions and cash shortages. Means nothing to an imminent RV. The sky is blue today, must mean imminent RV mentality.

Iran officially has shut down Dollar traders. But that only means the black market for Dollars just took on a whole new profitability.

Their (IRAN) currency has devalued 40-59% since the threat of sanctions and everyone in Iran is trying to hoard dollars (one source>Iraq and CBI auctions) to stop the bleeding. Doesnt mean that Dinar is going to RV because of it.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

SSI bumped this post because it's inline with whats going on right now. Go back to the first page and reread his post. I +1 one SSI. Someone had negged you. I sure hope it's all true. Would love to be able to sleep thru the night.

Go RV

• Upvote 2

????

Look at the original post that I made. Someone in Iraq spoke of a big change that he was associated with that was going into effect on Feb. 1st. concerning the use of USD in the streets. And today, on Feb. 1st we see the lowest USD for deenar (yes, spelling is intentional :D ) auction possibly ever. I don't know what the end result of all of this is going to be, but something sure as h_ll happened today LOL!

SSI bumped this post because it's inline with whats going on right now. Go back to the first page and reread his post. I +1 one SSI. Someone had negged you. I sure hope it's all true. Would love to be able to sleep thru the night.

Go RV

You're all right ;)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Look at the original post that I made. Someone in Iraq spoke of a big change that he was associated with that was going into effect on Feb. 1st. concerning the use of USD in the streets. And today, on Feb. 1st we see the lowest USD for deenar (yes, spelling is intentional :D ) auction possibly ever. I don't know what the end result of all of this is going to be, but something sure as h_ll happened today LOL!

You're all right ;)

Got it... I read the original post after the ????. Sorry about that.

Hey guys,

My little deenar group here in GA has an accountant that's been in this investment for years on the direction of one of his financial buddies in FL. Well...this guy is doing the taxes for someone who has been working as a security contractor of some sorts in Iraq. He finally gets in touch with him today after attempts failed all week. After finishing their business, our buddy asks this guy what is going on over there. He said that the streets are flush with USD, Euro, etc., and pretty much everything but the deenar. Well, this guy says that they are there to help keep things stable when the USD, etc., is removed from the streets BY Feb 1st. Now, one of the WTO requirements is for a country to utilize it's own currency (hello, new, internationally recognized LDs!!!) and not someone else's (goodbye, USD!!!). And finally, isn't this kind of what Bravo eluded to when he said that two of his contractor buddies were rushed back unexpectedly for something big??

No BS, so neg or plus me...I honestly don't care.

SSI

Here is your original post up above...

SSI You certainly did bring in some great info biggrin.gif Seems to be coming true for sure!

Thank You and your credibility just went way up in my book. Can you do some calling and see what you can find out? Your sources are clearly good.

Sorry for all the neggie's that you had to put up with... just know that most here appreciate you and your efforts. GO Deenar tongue.gif and plus +1 from me!

Good Job Elixirbaby! +1 for you too! biggrin.gif

Edited by Maggie123

Too bad it's not true...there is no such deadline for removal of the usd from iraq by 2/1/12....that's just more made up bs. I visit iraq regualrly and have many freinds who live there. Got multiple people saying no such deadline.....nice try though :shakehead:

I'm pretty sure I mentioned this to you before, but I doubt that Shabibi would confide in your friends who live there, and actually would not confide in you, either, no matter how many times you visit. Nice try though. :shakehead: Sorry.

• Upvote 3

"when the USD, etc is removed from the streets BY Feb 1st."

Sorry, it's got EVERYTHING to do with an imminent RV.

Well, it's FEb 1st and the dollar has NOT been removed from the streets except by Iranians who need it because of what the sanctions are doing to their currency.....AGAIN, NOTHING TO DO WITH THE RV :shakehead:

I'm pretty sure I mentioned this to you before, but I doubt that Shabibi would confide in your friends who live there, and actually would not confide in you, either, no matter how many times you visit. Nice try though. :shakehead: Sorry.

Guess what...it's Feb 1st and the dollar is still on the streets of Iraq....surprise, surprise. Told you so :lmao: :lmao:

90 isn't bad :-)

so 90 people gave pos (+) and the info was false...didn't happen....what's so great about that. I would rather get 100 neg (-) and be right than get 100 pos (+) to post bs B)

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

Well, it's FEb 1st and the dollar has NOT been removed from the streets except by Iranians who need it because of what the sanctions are doing to their currency.....AGAIN, NOTHING TO DO WITH THE RV emot-shakehead.gif

Guess what...it's Feb 1st and the dollar is still on the streets of Iraq....surprise, surprise. Told you so emot-LMAO.gifemot-LMAO.gif

so 90 people gave pos (+) and the info was false...didn't happen....what's so great about that. I would rather get 100 neg (-) and be right than get 100 pos (+) to post bs cool.gif

TimS The dollar may not be off the streets yet but you have to admit if you have been reading the news today that they will have to be taken off the streets in short order. No more dollars sold at auction? ohmy.gifrolleyes.gif

biggrin.gif Come on Man can't you see the changes taking place right now TODAY! Be Happy! Peace Out! biggrin.gif

Edited by Maggie123
  • Upvote 7

Well, it's FEb 1st and the dollar has NOT been removed from the streets except by Iranians who need it because of what the sanctions are doing to their currency.....AGAIN, NOTHING TO DO WITH THE RV :shakehead:

Guess what...it's Feb 1st and the dollar is still on the streets of Iraq....surprise, surprise. Told you so :lmao: :lmao:

so 90 people gave pos (+) and the info was false...didn't happen....what's so great about that. I would rather get 100 neg (-) and be right than get 100 pos (+) to post bs B)

Umm, I hate to be Captain Obvious here. The dollar will always be available in Iraq..the same as it's available anywhere else in the world at banks and exchange counters. Let me help you with the point to this entire RV. See, they are drawing in the higher denomination IQD so when they RV the Iraqi's will go the bank and exchange for their own currency (which by the way will be valued slightly higher than the USD). Pretty sure that is in plain and simple terms for you. Good luck!

• Upvote 2

Umm, I hate to be Captain Obvious here. The dollar will always be available in Iraq..the same as it's available anywhere else in the world at banks and exchange counters. Let me help you with the point to this entire RV. See, they are drawing in the higher denomination IQD so when they RV the Iraqi's will go the bank and exchange for their own currency (which by the way will be valued slightly higher than the USD). Pretty sure that is in plain and simple terms for you. Good luck!

Bingo. The USD is the world's reserve currency (for now). It will always be used for transactions in foreign markets, however, if you had read the post you would see that I was making the point that there is an effort to make the USD a secondary form of payment. Once the deenar is formerly recognized, it will be utilized as the primary form of payment in the streets. Today's auction indicate that there has been some rather large change that took place today regarding how much USD they're putting out on the street. And I never said there would be an RV/RI/RD/LOP today. Just that there would be change regarding the use of USD by today's date.

• Upvote 5

I see that the auction went for $3,250,000 today... Am I correct that just last week they were at 200,000,000?

You are correct, sir. The auctions had recently seen highs of the upper $300M range and then settled at $200M for the past week or two. And now $3M. Don't tell me something's not afoot :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1