Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraqi Dinar Under Attack

Sara Johnson

Lol....they are issuing press releases to describe whats going on....BUT....only guna tell you what they want you to know."

What the heck does that mean?

Seriously? Dude you made the wrong decision....this isnt for everyone....but it appears you just like to argue

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

Stryker,

IMO; what a perfect storm that has been forced by the "Powers that Be" by sanctioning Iran and Syria. It will force Iraq to quit screwing around and revalue their currency. I know it sounds like a conspiracy theory. But face the facts!!! Their USD reserves are being depleted....

I like the way you think

Ok...i'm going to help everyone out in figuring out the different types of Dinarians...I call this the Goat Fart theory.

On television, they show a reporter in Iraq talking about something. Behind him walks a goat and it passes gas for all to hear. The types of Dinarians are divided as such

1) The Smoke and Mirrorers- They think the goat has finally eaten some expensive feed. For the goat to get this expensive feed, its owner must've finally come across the money to feed it this. There must be an in country RV that they're not telling us about.

2)The Lopsters- They think the goat has been eating poor feed. The goat, knowing that poor feed can only lead to no feed is gobbling up as much feed as it can, thus causing it to pass gas. The goats owner, who has no money and never will, will soon run out of feed, thus fulfilling the goats prophecy.

3)The Tweeners- We like to sit back and let things happen as they happen knowing that no matter what we do, the Dinar will go on it's destined course. Our only real concern is for the reporter, who has to deal with the smell of the goat fart.

• Upvote 3

Having been raised in a broadcast media family, I learned early on that the producers of the news are the ones who call the shots about what is covered, and how it's covered. Let's keep in mind that the Iraqi media is no different and, in fact, may be even more inclined to act that way, due to the tribal influences that permeate their culture. When you contemplate the fact that the news we are reading is, first, designed to elicit a response from the public that furthers the news producer's ideological agenda and, second, comes to us through the filter of a translator that is highly suspect with regard to its accuracy, then how can ANYONE, Lopster or not, place unqualified reliance on what we read from the Iraqi media? :lol:

• Upvote 2

Ok...i'm going to help everyone out in figuring out the different types of Dinarians...I call this the Goat Fart theory.

On television, they show a reporter in Iraq talking about something. Behind him walks a goat and it passes gas for all to hear. The types of Dinarians are divided as such

1) The Smoke and Mirrorers- They think the goat has finally eaten some expensive feed. For the goat to get this expensive feed, its owner must've finally come across the money to feed it this. There must be an in country RV that they're not telling us about.

2)The Lopsters- They think the goat has been eating poor feed. The goat, knowing that poor feed can only lead to no feed is gobbling up as much feed as it can, thus causing it to pass gas. The goats owner, who has no money and never will, will soon run out of feed, thus fulfilling the goats prophecy.

3)The Tweeners- We like to sit back and let things happen as they happen knowing that no matter what we do, the Dinar will go on it's destined course. Our only real concern is for the reporter, who has to deal with the smell of the goat fart.

Sure....Blame it on the goat :P

It would stand to reason that if the dinar is under attack (wonder how that happend... Maybe because you left the value at pennies on the dollar for over a year now) that the best, logical course of action would be to raise the value of the dinar so IF it were availible, fewer entities would be able to buy it... Maybe it's just me...

It's a tough question. I hope that in the (not so) long run it's better to sell dinars for dollars at the current low dinar rate because you don't want the Iranians holding a lot of RV'd dinars- with which they could aquire far more dollars with then than now.

I guess its been smoke and mirrors for 8 years then just so happens..my guess is this time next year we will be talkin about the same thing...

Smokin', IMHO, and I mean no offense, but the individuals that have experienced smoke and mirrors for 8 years, have been listening to the "gurus", aka pumpers, and not observing the country, or what needed to happen to achieve an RV. The US State Department wrote a plan for Iraq in 2005 that spelled out in itemized, detailed steps, what needed to take place to get Iraq rebuilt and on its feet. Prior to that it was basically impossible for an RV to take place without massive failure. Even late last year, the World Bank made recommendations for changes the financial and banking sector. Iraq needed to make these changes to be in compliance with international trade and financial markets. The last phase of the State Dept. document, phase #20 of the plan, deals with the buiilding and implenting of the financial system. That is the state we are in now.

Anyone that that the RV could take place a year ago did not understand, nor research, what had to take place to reach the goal. That is just fact. It was impossible to a successful revaluation to take place up until now, and that process is not quite complete, as far as we know.

Again, I mean no offense.

Edited by Carrello

Lowering Deficit

The country will reduce its budget deficit to 11 percent of economic output this year from 14 percent in 2011, Salih said. In 2013, the central bank will cut three digits from the currency, reversing a policy it introduced in the 1980s to address the government’s budget deficit.

http://www.bloomberg...syria-iran.html

Man, if you think the CBI is going to tip their hand and tell you EXACTLY when they are going to do things, then you have alot to learn. No one, and I do mean, no one knows when this is going to RV except for a select few. If Iraq mentioned when they were going to RV, everyone on the freakin' planet would buy up dinar and that would be detrimental to their economy.

• Upvote 3

The only negative I can see in this is the depletion of Iraq's dollar reserves, hence a reduced capacity to back an "eventual" RV. But, if increased demand for the dollar threatens the Iraqi dinar, the only solution would be an immediate RV. Am I wrong?

I agree with Carrello you are not wrong. Now let's look at this scenario. Iran has been using Iraq via the auctions. If I am wrong in this scenario please add your thoughts. They sold dollars for dinars, dollars if by they usual means comes back to them, keeping their foreign currency and their currency stable. Unfortunately some bank was not as upfront and deceitfully by passed them, now Iran has the dollars to keep their dropping rial from falling to the floor. Those dollars are in a sense lost to Iran. They aint gonna get them back. Meanwhile their country wants dollars and inflation is tapping at the back door. Not good for Iraqs economy.

In the videos Shabibi was clear in terms of inflation, at the time they were at 5 per cent, today they are 7 plus rising. He said, the bank would have to look at tools to keep inflations in check. Revaluation being one of those tools. IMO CBI does not work on an emotional basis, but what has to be done to keep Iraq inflation in check. An RV is probably more possible today than it was in April 2011.

However I find this scenario very interesting. What if, they knew very well Iran was doing what they were doing. What if Iraq's redemonitation articles were leading Iran to believe the dinar they held would be useless for them. An Iraq dinar RV would have put Iran in a pretty position possibly. So they pulled the dinar in from a country deemed dangerous. And I will bet if this is true, the US Treasury knows how to freeze Iran's investment as we speak.

The thing is we are clueless and we can read these articles and try to come to a conclusion as where this investment is going to end. We can read RD, we can read RV but the powers that be might have plans of their own, for good or ill. We may be pawns and Iraq may be the biggest guru of all. However it doesn't mean they won't come through and give us a percentage in their portion of the pie.

After all Uncle Sam will collect, and don't forget those from other countries who have bought a little dinar for a maybe someday, their countries will get a percentage of their piece of pie. In the end I hope we all will be eating pie and not wearing it.

• Upvote 6

Man, if you think the CBI is going to tip their hand and tell you EXACTLY when they are going to do things, then you have alot to learn. No one, and I do mean, no one knows when this is going to RV except for a select few. If Iraq mentioned when they were going to RV, everyone on the freakin' planet would buy up dinar and that would be detrimental to their economy.

Thank you and +1, be safe people :D

Good Zigmeister, hope we are not wearing it....

• Upvote 2

The CBI is being successful at "deleting"/raising the zeros (Phase I)........they have therefore, IMO, created a scenario where more US dollaros will be used by the average Iraqui citizen for typical day to day transactions.......not what the CBI wants long term. This calling in of the big currencies will result in an imminent need for distribution of lower denoms which have most likely already been created. Because they are forced to need and use these lower bills it will be necessary to RV the dinar in order to monetize and stabilize the resulting economic pressure (Phase II).

They have told us what they are going to do............they are doing it...........it makes no sense to "lop"......... this is something they could have done long ago had that been the plan. This is a transfer of wealth plan folks...........planned at least 7 years ago! Allow it to unfold...........it will, in spite of ourselves.

GLORY BE, GO RV!

• Upvote 5

just want to chime in here and i am on the same line as carrello and zig. this is fantastic news. the financial sector MUST undergo all of the changes we are seeing before iraq emerges to a sustained level of international prominence. it appears, just from the title of this thread (article), that iraq cbi is continuing to promote a atmosphere of economic panic. in a previous article it was explained that for increased liquidity the dinar had to be reclaimed by the central bank and that the primary method of doing this was the auction process. now the perfect environment exist where everyone over there is running to turn their dinars in for usd. this is a dream come true for them.

the rules of simple supply and demand will win out. think about it in simple terms. the dinar becomes more and more scarce (lower the supply) and then you change its exchange rate (increase its demand). what happens? demand shoots to the roof....the more demand, the more valuable the currency. what will allow the cbi to continue its auctions at such a pace is its oil exports PAID FOR IN USD (remember the article saying that oil will not be paid in dinars). both the united states and iraq wins in this scenario. the dollar strengthens as oil is paid for in usd and the dinar strengthens through the aforementioned supply & demand.

i like what i am hearing and i will help the cbi get the news out, "THE DINAR IS UNDER ATTACK....RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!! BUY USD"

GO RV!

• Upvote 7

I read an article earlier today that stated that Senator McCain stated that there might be a split forming 3 states in Iraq. We all know of the 3 fractions that are fighting within Iraq. This would make sense, and then with the talk of the above article concerning an attack on the currency, this has me a little scared with this investment. I don't want to be negative, but wow, there is a lot going on that doesn't really sound good. Is this smoke and mirrors or are these serious issues that may not be resolved for a long time? I would love to hear Adams thoughts on this. Hey, I am like all of you, I want to hear GOOD news.... but have to be realistic in what is going on.

Anyone on this forum that has expertise on all of the above, would love to hear from you.

• Upvote 1

When you contemplate the fact that the news we are reading is, first, designed to elicit a response from the public that furthers the news producer's ideological agenda and, second, comes to us through the filter of a translator that is highly suspect with regard to its accuracy, then how can ANYONE, Lopster or not, place unqualified reliance on what we read from the Iraqi media? :lol:

You made my point. I did not say the Iraqi media is reliable. The Iraqi media need not be reliable to be relied upon.

I read an article earlier today that stated that Senator McCain stated that there might be a split forming 3 states in Iraq. We all know of the 3 fractions that are fighting within Iraq. This would make sense, and then with the talk of the above article concerning an attack on the currency, this has me a little scared with this investment. I don't want to be negative, but wow, there is a lot going on that doesn't really sound good. Is this smoke and mirrors or are these serious issues that may not be resolved for a long time? I would love to hear Adams thoughts on this. Hey, I am like all of you, I want to hear GOOD news.... but have to be realistic in what is going on.

Anyone on this forum that has expertise on all of the above, would love to hear from you.

McCain's opinion is about as reliable as his ability to run an effective presidential campaign.

• Upvote 1

I, for one, am most disturbed to hear that the Dinar is under attack. I want Iraq to succeed. Therefore, I am willing to make a sacrifice and commitment of supporting Iraq in shoring up their Dinar and will let them buy mine back at a bargain basement price of 1:1 for USD. Plus, as an added bonus, my Dinar are not worn out and can be put back into circulation without the added cost of destroying them and reprinting.

• Upvote 3

I never said I agreed with it, was just posting the Bloomberg link.

As the startup founder of a company that now employs more than 500 people I always believe I have a lot to learn because thats what got me in this great position ;)

• Upvote 2

just want to chime in here and i am on the same line as carrello and zig. this is fantastic news. the financial sector MUST undergo all of the changes we are seeing before iraq emerges to a sustained level of international prominence. it appears, just from the title of this thread (article), that iraq cbi is continuing to promote a atmosphere of economic panic. in a previous article it was explained that for increased liquidity the dinar had to be reclaimed by the central bank and that the primary method of doing this was the auction process. now the perfect environment exist where everyone over there is running to turn their dinars in for usd. this is a dream come true for them.

the rules of simple supply and demand will win out. think about it in simple terms. the dinar becomes more and more scarce (lower the supply) and then you change its exchange rate (increase its demand). what happens? demand shoots to the roof....the more demand, the more valuable the currency. what will allow the cbi to continue its auctions at such a pace is its oil exports PAID FOR IN USD (remember the article saying that oil will not be paid in dinars). both the united states and iraq wins in this scenario. the dollar strengthens as oil is paid for in usd and the dinar strengthens through the aforementioned supply & demand.

i like what i am hearing and i will help the cbi get the news out, "THE DINAR IS UNDER ATTACK....RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!! BUY USD"

GO RV!

Awesome!

I never said I agreed with it, was just posting the Bloomberg link.

As the startup founder of a company that now employs more than 500 people I always believe I have a lot to learn because thats what got me in this great position ;)

It's all good :)

• Upvote 1

DUHHHH

Is the CBI thick or am I missing something.

Just stop auctioning the bloody dollar & RV that way they will hold a shed load of $s, huge reserves to back the RV & once again Iraq will be on par with the neighbouring countries in the surrounding area :angry:

• Upvote 2

Anyone mind if I drop this here?

The Syrian Pound and the Iranian Rial are probably crashing, especially with the news that Tokyo may suspend oil purchases from Iran, and the Arab League threatening Syria about their in house "cleansing".

Do you think that it's possible, that in a rush for hard currency, they are selling off their (possible) stashes of Iraqi Dinar for USD? I strongly guess, given their relations with Maliki, that if something IS coming with an RV, that they stockpiled a buttload of it.

If ol' Shabby is as smart as we think he is, don't you think he'd jump at the chance to suck up some of this "out of country" dinar? Could this be why they're dragging this thing out a bit, under the guise of "political differences" (smoke!)?

• Upvote 1