Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraqi Dinar Under Attack

Sara Johnson

Woah. I'm not a lopster. I pick currency to speculate on that I believe has the potential to slowly increase in value over a decade or so.

I was merely referencing the LOPsters. The true calling card of a LOPster is a naive belief in every printed word - a Luddite fallacy if I ever saw one.

But, to your point, if Iraq telling folks they were going to RV would be disastrous for them, as you suggest, why would they be sending out coded messages that you could "read between the lines" in and conclude an RV was on the way? So, if not you, who are they coding these messages for?

They're not coded messages, per se.

This is what I posted on the bloomburg article earlier this morning

I like this article, heres my breakdown of a few quotes;

The country will reduce its budget deficit to 11 percent of economic output this year from 14 percent in 2011, Salih said. In 2013, the central bank will cut three digits from the currency, reversing a policy it introduced in the 1980s to address the government’s budget deficit.

The country will reduce its budget deficit to 11 percent of economic output this year from 14 percent in 2011, Salih said.........here he says the country will reduce its budget to 11 percent of economic output this year.....now the next sentence...

Salih said. In 2013, the central bank will cut three digits from the currency, reversing a policy it introduced in the 1980s to address the government’s budget deficit..............do you see.....now he says they are cutting the three digits from the currency in 2013 to address the government’s budget deficit.............which is it?............NOW......or......2013.............IMO a perfect case of miss direction...

Now I'll jump back up to the top of the article:

,” Salih said. “We are now under a currency attack because of the regional situation.” ..........now, they were saying the auctions were large because of the troops leaving causing a demand of USD.......then it was because the bordering countries were dumping the dinar due to the chaos in Iraq.... or was it because of the dinar rate was rising and they needed to increase the amounts sold at auction to lower the exchange rate.......and now its because of Iran and Syria........IMO another case of miss direction because the info is being released from the CBI.......

Anyway my take and thoughts on this article........coffee is really working today.....

Read more:

Stryker,

IMO; what a perfect storm that has been forced by the "Powers that Be" by sanctioning Iran and Syria. It will force Iraq to quit screwing around and revalue their currency. I know it sounds like a conspiracy theory. But face the facts!!! Their USD reserves are being depleted....

• Upvote 1

Striker you are banging on all 8 cylinders today. Thank's for putting everything together for everyone. When you see it side by side like that it really puts things into perspective as to how close we are. This is the misdirection I have been waiting to see and I didn't even know it.

Your welcome Striker1 just trying to help, I have a couple more that I'm working on that have been posted, I'll have time to finish them and get them post tomorrow that I think will help but they involve some research, it helps me understand them too. Glad to help.

They are either smoke and mirrors, complete fabrications, or they are not. Sorry, your logic escapes me. But, I'll let it go.

I am not reading "coded messages," like Ralphie in A Christmas Story. You put it that way to try and make me look ridiculous.

Your welcome Striker1 just trying to help, I have a couple more that I'm working on that have been posted, I'll have time to finish them and get them post tomorrow that I think will help but they involve some research, it helps me understand them too. Glad to help.

You remind me of a guy we used to have called DOC. He would post the auctions everyday and break them down for everyone. I hope he and his family are doing well. Haven't seen him in a while. Full of intelligent conversation like you with some life experience to back it up.

No, Sanssouci. I'm just trying to understand your logic. If the articles are "smoke and mirrors," and don't contain some kind of hidden message in them that you can "read between the lines" and understand to determine an RV is coming, I just don't get the point of analyzing them. If there is nothing to read from them, then all that is left is reading something into them.

Edited by lotsofdinar
  • Upvote 2

Stryker,

IMO; what a perfect storm that has been forced by the "Powers that Be" by sanctioning Iran and Syria. It will force Iraq to quit screwing around and revalue their currency. I know it sounds like a conspiracy theory. But face the facts!!! Their USD reserves are being depleted....

unirod, I put this out there but I'm under the understanding that this is what has been planned all along.

The misdirection has been everything else, the truth is the Iran Syria, thus this article,

Shabibi uses the media to his advantage and pulls in dinar from bordering countries..Iran the most we hope..

US is out there getting the allies to support sanctions on Iran's Central Bank, thus cutting off their financial means--they can't profit from the IQD

Articles that stated counterfeiting and money laundering and concern that the most thru Iran

This is why I and others have been saying soon and I think real soon......got to go!!

It would stand to reason that if the dinar is under attack (wonder how that happend... Maybe because you left the value at pennies on the dollar for over a year now) that the best, logical course of action would be to raise the value of the dinar so IF it were availible, fewer entities would be able to buy it... Maybe it's just me...

• Upvote 2

So, Sanssouci, why do you think they are going to RV? If they've never said they were, where did you get the idea they would?

In Washington a year or two ago, Shabibi was asked if Iraq was going to RV their currency. He said, "Even if I know this, I cannot tell you." Sanssouci is correct, they wouldn't tell you.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

No, Sanssouci. I'm just trying to understand your logic. If the articles are "smoke and mirrors," and don't contain some kind of hidden message in them that you can "read between the lines" and understand to determine an RV is coming, I just don't get the point of analyzing them. If there is nothing to read from them, then all that is left is reading something into them.

What incentive do the people responsible for these articles have to not create a diversion? I hate to burst your bubble, but implicitly believing an article at its word is not any kind of analysis. It is rather the willing suspension of disbelief. As I said earlier, the only real negative I can see in the article is the depletion of Iraq's dollar reserves, which part I am wont to believe, hence a reduced capacity to back an "eventual" RV. But, if increased demand on the street for the dollar threatens the value of the Iraqi dinar, the only solution would be an immediate RV. That is not me reading a "hidden message." It is a healthy skepticism.

In Washington a year or two ago, Shabibi was asked if Iraq was going to RV their currency. He said, "Even if I know this, I cannot tell you." Sanssouci is correct, they wouldn't tell you.

Thank you, Zig!

Zig, we will specify that Iraq has never said they would RV and never would. But at some point along the way, someone said they would. Someone took a leap of faith. Or this forum wouldn't exist.

I'm just trying to understand the logic that got that person, and so many people today, to that conclusion if, as we agree, Iraq would never say it. Shabibi's statement explains why he would never say it would RV, but not why he would put out thousands of articles saying the opposite.

Not really. How would it benefit Iraq to telegraph their intentions? If you can explain this, then your point is worthy of consideration.

Maybe the value is not going to change. So far everything the CBI has stated has been true - pretty much anyway. Anytime they say something we don't like as investors we label it smoke. I am beginning to wonder though.

• Upvote 1

Not really. How would it benefit Iraq to telegraph their intentions? If you can explain this, then your point is worthy of consideration."

Well, they could just not say anything. If they aren't saying they are going to RV (which is your point), then what's the point of a "diversion?" I mean, without them saying they are going to RV in a way that has never happened in history, why would anyone think they were?

Lol....they are issuing press releases to describe whats going on....BUT....only guna tell you what they want you to know.....do u believe what you here on CNN FOX or when a politician speaks? If you do....then wake up sleepy....if you dont...well then there you have it

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

"But, if increased demand on the street for the dollar threatens the value of the Iraqi dinar, the only solution would be an immediate RV"

An immediate, overnight RV to any significant amount would result in rampant inflation and instant further devaluation of the Dinar. It would seem to me to be the opposite of a solution.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Good guess. :rolleyes:

This inability to read between the lines is the LOPsters' Achilles heel. Everything they hold dear is predicated on their unshakeable belief in every word they read in the Iraqi press.

So here's the real question. What if the CBI realizes that there are still several foreigners that are buying up dinar because of the "smoke and mirrors" that are supposedly there? They could keep sending out news articles that appear to be "smoke and mirrors", thus becoming pumpers themselves. Could it be that they're not as obvious as you think they are?

I was merely referencing the LOPsters. The true calling card of a LOPster is a naive belief in every printed word - a Luddite fallacy if I ever saw one.

They're not coded messages, per se.

If anywhere the abundance of naivety is to be found in the rumors section where many on dinar forums believe the made up nonsense from Gurus with childish silly screen names.

Most people would be prudent to listen to the Iraqi official news than the absolute dross that is in the rumors sections.

Maybe the value is not going to change. So far everything the CBI has stated has been true - pretty much anyway. Anytime they say something we don't like as investors we label it smoke. I am beginning to wonder though.

Of course, the articles just scream LOP. The articles are designed to do this. But there has been no LOP yet, has there? If there was to truly be a LOP they would have already made it so. Everything the CBI has stated has been true only because there has not yet been an RV.

Edited by Sanssouci

Now your catching on to the true meaning of the phrase of "Smoke and Mirrors" for this site!! Congratulations! :lol:

If anywhere the abundance of naivety is to be found in the rumors section where many on dinar forums believe the made up nonsense from Gurus with childish silly screen names. Most people would be prudent to listen to the Iraqi official news than the absolute dross that is in the rumors sections.

What you say is true, to a point. But where is the LOPsters' skepticism for the Iraqi official news? What is there to be gained from implicit belief in the Iraqi "official" news? That, you see, is LOPsters' Achilles heel.

So here's the real question. What if the CBI realizes that there are still several foreigners that are buying up dinar because of the "smoke and mirrors" that are supposedly there? They could keep sending out news articles that appear to be "smoke and mirrors", thus becoming pumpers themselves. Could it be that they're not as obvious as you think they are?

That would be exhibiting a healthy skepticism. However, here at DV, I am not seeing much in the way of healthy skepticism regarding the Iraqi press, at least not from the usual suspects.

Lol....they are issuing press releases to describe whats going on....BUT....only guna tell you what they want you to know."

What the heck does that mean?

Are you dense? You're not getting the whole truth from the media, and that means any media, American or Iraqi, ever.

Edited by Sanssouci

Zig, we will specify that Iraq has never said they would RV and never would. But at some point along the way, someone said they would. Someone took a leap of faith. Or this forum wouldn't exist.

I'm just trying to understand the logic that got that person, and so many people today, to that conclusion if, as we agree, Iraq would never say it. Shabibi's statement explains why he would never say it would RV, but not why he would put out thousands of articles saying the opposite.

I have a couple of videos, perhaps you have watched them. The first one Dr. Shabibi gives a history so to speak as to where they were and today. The raising of zero's is involved, but he does not refer to it as redomination. In my opinion they are going to remove the zero's for obvious reasons, ease of counting and so forth. The question/debate is which will come first. He also speaks to how and when the three zero's were added.

How the idea of an RV came into fruition, I don't know. I feel its the logical next step, I also think Iraq wants to bring the dinar back to where it was before Saddam's regime pulled it down. They speak of bringing the glory back to the dinar.

BTW this took place in Washington back in April of last year.

"But, if increased demand on the street for the dollar threatens the value of the Iraqi dinar, the only solution would be an immediate RV"

An immediate, overnight RV to any significant amount would result in rampant inflation and instant further devaluation of the Dinar. It would seem to me to be the opposite of a solution.

.10?