Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraqi senior officials meeting for the emergency meeting

12/01/2012 15:53

BAGHDAD, Jan. 12 (AKnews) - Iraqi president, prime minister, speaker of the House of Representatives and heads of political leaders are due to meet on Sunday to set the stage for the emergency meeting of the political leaders.

Deputy for head of Kurdistan Blocs Coalition Mohsen Saadun told AKnews that during Sunday's meeting senior politicians will confirm whether the blocs will attend the emergency meeting or if they have any preconditions to resolve.

The emergency meeting was called by Iraqi President Jalal Talabani after relations between two major blocs, Iraqiya List of Ayad Allawi and State of Law Coalition of Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki, deteriorated.

Maliki sacked his Iraqiya deputy Saleh Mutlag and a court issued an arrest warrant for Vice President Tareq al-Hashemi, both senior figures in Iraqiya, shortly after the U.S. military left the country in December. These events and the timing are widely viewed by Iraqiya members and Sunni leaders as evidence that Maliki is trying to establish a Shiite hegemony.

Some blocs have conditions to be met before the conference. Members of National Coalition (which includes SLC) for instance have stated their bloc will not attend the meeting if Iraqiya addressed Hashemi and Mutlag's issues. Iraqiya said the presence of Iraqi Kurdistan Regional President Massoud Barzani for attending the conference. Barzani in turn has rejected to attend the meeting if it is held in Baghdad.

http://www.aknews.com/en/aknews/4/283877/

No, that was just to set the stage for "emergency meetings" that don't ever seem to take place. :lol:

What a bunch of morons.

They are going to hold a meeting to discuss when, and who will attend an "emergency" meeting for sometime in the future.

"Emergency"......Haha! Give me a break. What a bunch of self-absorbed idiots. They could give a crap about their country or the people on the street.

Wait a min...

"...are due to meet on Sunday to set the stage for the emergency meeting of the political leaders."

So... let me see if this is right.

They are having a meeting to set the stage for an "emergency meeting" on Sunday to see who can attend a future meeting. :blink: :blink: :lol:

Correct!

Sometimes. I think they're making up excuses to have meetings, so they can sit around and smoke hash. That would, if you think about it, explain a LOT of things.....

That's it!. I didn't know there were In-N-Out franchises, Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia, and great Bose systems in Iraq. B)

I would hate to be a patient in their "emergency" room. LOL

Knowing what we know with their sense of the word "emergency", could you imagine how long you would be in the waiting room??? :lol:

With all due respect I had to take my son to emer. room due to an injury a while back...it was pathetic, to say the least, how long we had to wait.

With all due respect I had to take my son to emer. room due to an injury a while back...it was pathetic, to say the least, how long we had to wait.

That's terrible... there is no justification to stall over medical issues. I don't know if they are overwhelmed with patients vs doctor ratio or what the issue is for such a delay.

Sometimes. I think they're making up excuses to have meetings, so they can sit around and smoke hash. That would, if you think about it, explain a LOT of things.....

They say they have vast resources for agriculture... Could you image the revenue stream from a few marijuana fields? :blink:

Actually, maybe they should, they need to tone down the tensions between them. :lol:

Obviously, there is no "emergency". I think these are all threats and both sides are holding the other side hostage for some type of prize, and that is just the GOI and CBI. Then you have the political factions and their carelessness. I didn't think you could get so many Banty Roosters in one country. Scratch, peck, crow. Scratch, peck, crow. Be careful out in the yard - there's always a hatchet in the stump.

ps.....does anyone really think there will ever be peace in the ME in our lifetime?

Barzani in turn has rejected to attend the meeting if it is held in Baghdad.

http://www.aknews.com/en/aknews/4/283877/

I thought that this meeting was to be at Talabani's place? Isn't it one of Sadam's old palaces which was descibed as a resort? Did he get the wrong invite or is he still at the kiddie table? Stay tuned for tomorrow's episode where we find if Alawi's camel is still broken down..............As the Dinar Turns

Guys... I have this strange feeling that we won't be seeing a revaluation for a long while... Ugh... This may drag on and on and on... :(

I think all this meeting stuff is smoke! :P

Hey Alex, this is off topic but I have been wondering how you sweetheart is doing? Sorry if you posted an update elsewhere but I couldn't find it...I have been keeping her in my prayers!

Obviously, there is no "emergency". I think these are all threats and both sides are holding the other side hostage for some type of prize, and that is just the GOI and CBI. Then you have the political factions and their carelessness. I didn't think you could get so many Banty Roosters in one country. Scratch, peck, crow. Scratch, peck, crow. Be careful out in the yard - there's always a hatchet in the stump.

ps.....does anyone really think there will ever be peace in the ME in our lifetime?

Peace in the Middle East? Are you kidding me? These people have been at each others' throats since biblical times! Only God knows if there will ever be peace in the ME.

Edited by rUfUsT