Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Why is a lop not possible??

CO.5-0

Nice try Tampa. Seen this hundreds of times. Its your peragotive to believe it but please show me just one time in history that a currency has ever jumped by 1000 times its current value. Fractional banking or not there is simply no way there will be an extra 60 trillion worth of value on earth overnight. Hyperinflation would plauge every country on the planet. It cannot happen. This theory which has been passed around every dinar site out there has so many holes in it swiss cheese would be jealous.

Exactly!!

In my opinion, it would be rather foolish to not consider the emotions of those who would be using IQD and also some who hold it speculatively into account prior to finalizing their decision on which direction it may go. Demand supports value, high demand normally leads to a higher value, simple economics (Supply & Demand).

We do not have the data to understand where all the IQD sits at this moment.

How much is held by foreign government reserves?

How much is held by foreign bank reserves?

How much is held by exchange stations located all over the world?

How much is held by citizens & businesses neighboring the region?

How much is held by speculators across the globe?

How many invested through Warka or ISX in hopes to create a profit by the appreciation of the IQD value?

So for example, lets say the CBI does a re-denomination of 1000:1 with a two year duration to collect all old bills. They do not change the value whatsoever initially and have no intent to until their process is completed. What are some things that may happen?

Speculators in neighboring regions would exchange (Likely for a different foreign currency other than the new IQD)

Businesses in neighboring regions would exchange (Probably for a trade-able currency)

People who invested in Warka or ISX with the hopes of a R/V whether big or small will create returns may decide to invest elsewhere.

Exchange stations that handle IQD will have to exchange out their inventory (Will they re-buy the new denoms?)

Foreign bank reserves & government reserves, if they happen to hold hard currency will have to make an exchange (Will they re-buy again?)

Can the foreign cash reserves of the CBI handle cashing out to all those entities knowing they will likely never re-invest?

How many of us will go through the hassle of re-buying in (By the idea of getting lower denoms, going through ISX, or going thru Warka)??

I would say a very small % of us will look into re-couping our losses by re-investing... I know I sometimes think about it, but, I think the risk is still high for a low pay-out than.

I think domestic demand is no where near its potential because many people use USD over IQD. Where is the incentive to use the IQD? Whether it be the 000 notes or the R/D notes, why would they desire to use it? It is not internationally traded, you are limited to traveling outside the borders with no more than 200k IQD ($172 value), and any reasonable person would know that USD is likely more accepted in the market place. If a business needs to buy goods & have them imported, they need USD. If a citizen decides to travel & go on vacation, they'll need USD (& with USD, at least they can travel out of country with up to $10k)

If I was a citizen, and they did a R/D, I'd exchange for USD & just use USD until the process of removing the 000s was completed. And if a lot of others felt the same way, it would really put a hamper on the demand towards IQD. Why would I do that? Because I am used to using USD, Euro, & IQD... Now I would know that the IQD will become a new IQD while they co-exist, it may be stressful, confusing, and agitating to deal with both old & new IQD so I would stick with USD or Euros until the project is completed.

I don't think they have the resources to r/v @ 1:1, but I also don't think a straigh-up r/d is going to do them any good (At best? neutral event, at worst? plunging of demand of IQD which results in the CBI having to take action to counter it to stabilize it).

STUDY THE CURRENCY revaluation of Germany,Japan,Russia, France and Kuwait all post war revaluation and all returned to pre-war value,,,,all followed the War,rebuild, re-denominate and profit take model...

Iraq will return to value of $3.22... i can't say when..but, then nobody can..

Kuwait was a unique example and was more of a restoration of street value of their currency. The entire country lost faith in their own currency which depleted demand. Banks were closes & people had no idea what was to occur with the currency. They re-printed new currency & exchanged 1:1 at its previous value (More of a re-instatement). But, its an example of where something was worth "X" amount & suddenly over night worth 100s to 1,000s times more than X.

Germany & France, I believe you are referencing the Marshall Plan. I also think this was a hybrid scenario where the value went up but they were also removing zeros. Only going off of memory on this one, but I think it started off like this: They removed 1 zero and exchange for the new currency, and as they progressed forward they were dropping more zeros, but the idea was to exchange to the same currency. So in other words, it was best to exchange right away. Maybe they had problems getting people to exchange for the new denoms?? Maybe someone with more experience or history education can jump in on that.

I don't think Russia had a true r/v... I think that was another case of a r/d.... But it takes a little deep digging to find that info. I think I recall Enoch looking into that further & found that it was more of a r/d and claiming it as a r/v would be false.

Each issue is an apple to oranges statement.

With the IQD, they're under a democratic rule & new govt. They also are desiring a different style of economy, much like Turkey. They want free trade/ free market economy (not a welfare). That is why we may never see the $3 rate (even post R/D). It would likely fall between $1.00-$1.50

Can they reach that w/o re-denominating? Well anything is possible, but I am not getting my hopes up. If they do a straight-up R/D, I hope they r/v the re-denominated currency to at least $1.25+ from the start (Best way to re-coup losses and walk away break-even when considering we paid premiums).

The appreciated value is increased enough to create incentive to use IQD, it shows it is worth more than a $1, and they don't give themselves a 100 or 1000 times more liabilities issues.

This would seem feasible, potentially possible, and maybe even a high possibility of an outcome.

But, if we paid nearly $1,200 per million... It would take a r/v over $1.20+ to break even or come out ahead. (Considering they removed 3 zeros thru a R/D)

We have to consider bank fees, spreads, etc when exchanging.

STUDY THE CURRENCY revaluation of Germany,Japan,Russia, France and Kuwait all post war revaluation and all returned to pre-war value,,,,all followed the War,rebuild, re-denominate and profit take model...

Iraq will return to value of $3.22... i can't say when..but, then nobody can..

Well I think the key word there is redenominate. None of those countries revalued their currency buy 1000 times its value. If im wrong then please show me. Yes Iraq probably will reach $3.22 again someday but only after RD. The dinar we hold will long be worthless by then. Our only hope would be if we could exchange for the new currency but that is unlikely here in the states. Warka account would solve this issue. Then you would be able to hold out for however many years it would take to get back to 3.22. So really you would triple your money but have to wait years to do it.

• Downvote 1

Well I think the key word there is redenominate. None of those countries revalued their currency buy 1000 times its value. If im wrong then please show me. Yes Iraq probably will reach $3.22 again someday but only after RD. The dinar we hold will long be worthless by then. Our only hope would be if we could exchange for the new currency but that is unlikely here in the states. Warka account would solve this issue. Then you would be able to hold out for however many years it would take to get back to 3.22. So really you would triple your money but have to wait years to do it.

That's just it, I don't think they'll ever shoot to have an exchange rate value of $3++ ever again. I think with their desire to have a more free-market economy, they'll always hover between the USD value & Euro/GBP value, ($1.00-$1.50) so to speak.

Look at the exchange rate of the Turkish Lira. They got inflation below 10%, they did their re-denomination, and it was in the mid $1-2 range intiially. However, every since, it has dropped in value. (Not entirely sure if we would call that a success or not....)

We can look at several worst-case scenarios, starting with the bottom.

Inability to cash-out whatsoever with hard currency.... Initial investment entirely lost**

They R/D 1000:1 and we can only cash in through dealers (who gouge the prices and offer less than its worth)

They R/D 1000:1 and we can find banks who will exchange within a reasonable value with minimal spread, etc.

They R/D 1000:1 but they appreciate the value to $1 (1.10, 1.20, and so forth)

Anything beyond what I listed above may involve a more hybrid scenario (I.e., removing 2 zeros and R/V to $1, etc)

We can look at it through doom & gloom glasses, but that is not going to get us anywhere except depressed. Nothing wrong with hoping & looking for positive results with positive indicators to support positive results.

• Upvote 3

That's just it, I don't think they'll ever shoot to have an exchange rate value of $3++ ever again. I think with their desire to have a more free-market economy, they'll always hover between the USD value & Euro/GBP value, ($1.00-$1.50) so to speak.

Look at the exchange rate of the Turkish Lira. They got inflation below 10%, they did their re-denomination, and it was in the mid $1-2 range intiially. However, every since, it has dropped in value. (Not entirely sure if we would call that a success or not....)

We can look at several worst-case scenarios, starting with the bottom.

Inability to cash-out whatsoever with hard currency.... Initial investment entirely lost**

They R/D 1000:1 and we can only cash in through dealers (who gouge the prices and offer less than its worth)

They R/D 1000:1 and we can find banks who will exchange within a reasonable value with minimal spread, etc.

They R/D 1000:1 but they appreciate the value to $1 (1.10, 1.20, and so forth)

Anything beyond what I listed above may involve a more hybrid scenario (I.e., removing 2 zeros and R/V to $1, etc)

We can look at it through doom & gloom glasses, but that is not going to get us anywhere except depressed. Nothing wrong with hoping & looking for positive results with positive indicators to support positive results.

You maybe right. The only reason I could see that they might is because of their egos. It may not even be in our lifetimes but something tells me they would slowly work towards out doing Kuwait. Maybe not.

Doom and gloom is really all that seems to be left. It has become clear (to me anyway) what is going on. One thing I would really like to see happen though is for them to jump to par with the USD pre RD. Still would lose out on dealer spread but a jump to 1.25 post RD would put most of us at a break even situation IF we can somehow exchange for the new currency. Thats a big if.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Yes yes yes, A lop is very possible and is easier to defend than the high hopes for a lucrative RV. Which, incidentally, is why the overwhelming majority of us got into this investment. So rather than waste your time, and all of our time who check a post to realize it is the same mamby-pamby rhetoric of people who think they are so smart to try to dispel theories, myths, or whatever else you want to call this Iraqi monetary situation. For me, all these lopster posters would be better suited to just sell their damn dinar for a minor loss and reinvest in something safe like a CD or whole life insurance and leave the rest of us the hell alone. I am sick of all this hypothesizing why this will never happen - and, again I know it may well not. Thank God people like Rockefeller, Edison, Gates and the like were not surrounded by multitudes of naysayers like yourselves; we would still be in the Stone Age.

EXCUSE ME!!! Do you not know how to read??? This is the LOP section. You physically had to push the enter button to be in this section. I for one am not following you around, posting negative crap to what you say. So how can you accuse us of not leaving you alone??? HUH??? You knew what was being discussed before you read the first post. Why dont YOU do all of us a favor and remain in mamby pamby land.......Mmmmkay... ;)

If you are "so sick of all this hypothesizing", then why dont YOU stop reading???? Its really quite simple. If I dont like something, or dont like reading something, then I dont do it. COMMON SENSE!!!

And another thing, why in the world would I sell my currency and lose a few thousand, when I believe after this redenominates and then revalues to 3$+, I would make 2-3 times what I invested????? CD's???!!!! HAHAHAHAHA, what is that?....like 1.9% growth over 6 months???? no thanks.

Main point of my post: If you dont like it, stay away from it, otherwise you are the exact person that you are acusing us of......Mr Negative!!

so this is were they come to..........

Are you referring to the people with common sense???........Why yes it is...... :D:D

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

You maybe right. The only reason I could see that they might is because of their egos. It may not even be in our lifetimes but something tells me they would slowly work towards out doing Kuwait. Maybe not.

Doom and gloom is really all that seems to be left. It has become clear (to me anyway) what is going on. One thing I would really like to see happen though is for them to jump to par with the USD pre RD. Still would lose out on dealer spread but a jump to 1.25 post RD would put most of us at a break even situation IF we can somehow exchange for the new currency. Thats a big if.

Let me ask you, do you firmly believe that 100% if not, extremely close that we will fail to make any profit on this? If I truly felt that way, I would put up my IQD on E-bay or find someone willing to buy it for what it goes for currently on the dealer websites.

Remember, they have to appreciate the value against the USD pretty significantly, whether before or after R/D, to a value beyond the dollar for us to make profits. $1.20+++ is what most of us would need to see to even come close to breaking even. I think we would need about a $1.25 or so, to factor in fees/spreads (realistically) And if they reached $1.50, most of us would be able to claim a small profit.

We can't see the future, so we can only predict it through speculation Heck, even at times I contemplate selling because I feel this will never come to fruition or to what we hope it to be. But than again, I don't truly have the feeling they'll R/D as they claim, we have a chance to pull profits...

I'd rather continue holding and not regret it by taking a loss than try to break even and regret making profits.

I'd hate to be the guy who sold his holdings & it r/vs the next day at 1:1... That would be my luck

I'd also hate to be the guy who has the chance to sell to break even and finds out a R/D occur and I take a loss.

But, I know out of those two which would suck more.

• Downvote 1

Let me ask you, do you firmly believe that 100% if not, extremely close that we will fail to make any profit on this? If I truly felt that way, I would put up my IQD on E-bay or find someone willing to buy it for what it goes for currently on the dealer websites.

Remember, they have to appreciate the value against the USD pretty significantly, whether before or after R/D, to a value beyond the dollar for us to make profits. $1.20+++ is what most of us would need to see to even come close to breaking even. I think we would need about a $1.25 or so, to factor in fees/spreads (realistically) And if they reached $1.50, most of us would be able to claim a small profit.

We can't see the future, so we can only predict it through speculation Heck, even at times I contemplate selling because I feel this will never come to fruition or to what we hope it to be. But than again, I don't truly have the feeling they'll R/D as they claim, we have a chance to pull profits...

I'd rather continue holding and not regret it by taking a loss than try to break even and regret making profits.

I'd hate to be the guy who sold his holdings & it r/vs the next day at 1:1... That would be my luck

I'd also hate to be the guy who has the chance to sell to break even and finds out a R/D occur and I take a loss.

But, I know out of those two which would suck more.

Haha... Yeah Darin I hear ya. Thats pretty much where I am at. I am convinced that this deal isnt going to pan out but only 99.9% convinced. If I needed the money I would have sold by now but I am comfortable and see no need to do that. If worse case senerio happens and Iraq RDs and wont take out of country dinar back in (which is possible) then O well. Yeah I would lose money but it wouldnt be devestating. It would be my luck that I would sell and the next day something unforseen happens and they remove one zero or something. What I am 100% about though is that they will not RV to 1 or anything near it overnight. To 3.22 overnight is laughable. Anyway I am going to hold out and see what happens. Maybe the white hats will come through afterall and every man wowan and child on earth will be millionares overnight. Haha

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It was re-denominated the day the central bank of Iraq bills where issued.. i only speak the truth...

You must understand the difference between a War and non-war rv's

Your 'truth' is a bit off the mark.

The currency was not redenominated when the CBI issued the new bills. That was a replacement of currency, not a redenomination.

Currency redenominations are used to contract the monetary supply, not increase its volume. The amount of currency that they had in circulation was increased due to the 1:1 exchange with Saddam notes and the swiss notes getting 150 NID each.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Haha... Yeah Darin I hear ya. Thats pretty much where I am at. I am convinced that this deal isnt going to pan out but only 99.9% convinced. If I needed the money I would have sold by now but I am comfortable and see no need to do that. If worse case senerio happens and Iraq RDs and wont take out of country dinar back in (which is possible) then O well. Yeah I would lose money but it wouldnt be devestating. It would be my luck that I would sell and the next day something unforseen happens and they remove one zero or something. What I am 100% about though is that they will not RV to 1 or anything near it overnight. To 3.22 overnight is laughable. Anyway I am going to hold out and see what happens. Maybe the white hats will come through afterall and every man wowan and child on earth will be millionares overnight. Haha

Well, a lot to consider is that they are heading into new territory. Do they continue with their current model & monetary policies, or do they revamp & reform taking a new approach?

History has them under a dictatorship regime, now they are a democracy which intent to become more of a free-market society.

So, they may not feel the need or necessity to back their currency 100% by liquid assets.

But, if they do remain a pegged currency and pegged to the dollar, by looking at their history you will see the changes in value are quite substantial.

I.e., a change from 2500 to 1500, or 750 to 1500, etc.

Which would be great even at that point considering any substantial appreciative movement would leads to profits

What if they double their value? That 1170 we commonly see would be 585

This would put them at 0.00172 instead of 0.00086

If you paid $1,200 for 1 Mill, and this happened, you could & should find a bank that could cash you out and your likely profits would be around $400 considering variables such as fees & spread.

Not to bad, and nothing to really regret. (Especially if you've only been invested for a short time)

I try & remain open-minded, because this can blow in any direction. I play out a lot of scenarios in my head out of curiousity & see how they impact us.

Everyone is either on Team R/D or Team R/V

What about Team (in the middle)? LOL A hybrid scenario.. (Where they R/V to as high as they can and than remove the zeros to get them on par w the $1 or better.

They still remove their zeros, they add incentive to use the IQD, and speculators don't lose money. With the additional purchasing power, you know many would be happy to use the IQD pushing demand within their local market. (Depending upon how much appreciation occurs)

Is that too hard to see happening? I don't think so.

Somebody help me here, please. If the IQD "lops" the 3 zeros and a 25k IQD is only 25 IQD post "lop", then won't 1,000,000 "old" IQD, which for argument's sake cost you $1200, then be worth 1000 "new" IQD? AND if the value is 1 USD per 1 "new" IQD, how can you lose? The only problem I can see is exchanging "old" IQD for "new" IQD. THEN we would lose bigtime. Do I have this correct?

Somebody help me here, please. If the IQD "lops" the 3 zeros and a 25k IQD is only 25 IQD post "lop", then won't 1,000,000 "old" IQD, which for argument's sake cost you $1200, then be worth 1000 "new" IQD? AND if the value is 1 USD per 1 "new" IQD, how can you lose? The only problem I can see is exchanging "old" IQD for "new" IQD. THEN we would lose bigtime. Do I have this correct?

Well with your statement, you are assuming that they push the IQD to be on par with the USD (Such as 1:1 post re-denomination). Here is where the problem lies:

Upon the event of a R/D, it is a value neutral event. The currency you hold is worth no more or no less than prior to the event.

But, the current exchange is 1170 ($0.00086), which means 1,000,000 is equal to $860. 1,000,000 old IQD would be equivalent to 1,000 new IQD. The new IQD would also be worth $860.

There difference is basically the face value of the notes & their corresponding exchange rate.

1,000 (New notes) would be @ $0.86

1,000,000 (Old notes) would be @ $0.00086

Either way, the value is $860...

So, if they were to R/D and appreciate the value against the dollar to make it 1:1, we would have to consider what we paid for the IQD in the first place.

Lets say you purchased from a dealer a million at a time (Most purchased less at a time I would imagine)

Considering wire transfer fees, shipping fees, costs of geting a money order or cashiers check.

1,000,000 would likely have cost us out of pocket around $1,200

(We pay even higher premiums the less we buy....)

So, if they remove the 3 zeros, what we hold is $860... If it never appreciates we are at a loss of at minimum $340 (per million)

Now, we would likely have to find a place to exchange and most places don't exchange just for free. We would have to consider spreads, fees, and so forth which will vary.

So, to "what" value would they need to appreciate the value to for us to even be close to breaking even? $1.20+

At $1.20, our 1,000,000 which is similar to 1,000 would be worth $1,200 (Similar value to our inistial money spent)

If we purchased when it was much cheaper, we start profiting here.... If we just recently bought, your looking at losing out to spread or fees.

If they were to appreciate the value to $1.30+ we should start seeing profits (albeit very minimal) depending on how much you bought (100k at a time, 250k at a time?)

When you play with the numbers, you know you can't really say a R/D is a break-even event for us personally considering how we acquired our IQD. Its not like money exchangers work for free. Dealers sell for premiums, and charge shipping.

I am personally just hoping for a more positive outcome... Because everything I listed above, although a very possible scenario, is something I am truly hoping does not play out that way.

I would rather see them R/V to $0.01, than remove 2 zeros. (Essentially, this is close to about 10 times your initial investment)

Some may claim even that is far fetched as a possibility, but, who knows..

Well with your statement, you are assuming that they push the IQD to be on par with the USD (Such as 1:1 post re-denomination). Here is where the problem lies:

Upon the event of a R/D, it is a value neutral event. The currency you hold is worth no more or no less than prior to the event.

But, the current exchange is 1170 ($0.00086), which means 1,000,000 is equal to $860. 1,000,000 old IQD would be equivalent to 1,000 new IQD. The new IQD would also be worth $860.

There difference is basically the face value of the notes & their corresponding exchange rate.

1,000 (New notes) would be @ $0.86

1,000,000 (Old notes) would be @ $0.00086

Either way, the value is $860...

So, if they were to R/D and appreciate the value against the dollar to make it 1:1, we would have to consider what we paid for the IQD in the first place.

Lets say you purchased from a dealer a million at a time (Most purchased less at a time I would imagine)

Considering wire transfer fees, shipping fees, costs of geting a money order or cashiers check.

1,000,000 would likely have cost us out of pocket around $1,200

(We pay even higher premiums the less we buy....)

So, if they remove the 3 zeros, what we hold is $860... If it never appreciates we are at a loss of at minimum $340 (per million)

Now, we would likely have to find a place to exchange and most places don't exchange just for free. We would have to consider spreads, fees, and so forth which will vary.

So, to "what" value would they need to appreciate the value to for us to even be close to breaking even? $1.20+

At $1.20, our 1,000,000 which is similar to 1,000 would be worth $1,200 (Similar value to our inistial money spent)

If we purchased when it was much cheaper, we start profiting here.... If we just recently bought, your looking at losing out to spread or fees.

If they were to appreciate the value to $1.30+ we should start seeing profits (albeit very minimal) depending on how much you bought (100k at a time, 250k at a time?)

When you play with the numbers, you know you can't really say a R/D is a break-even event for us personally considering how we acquired our IQD. Its not like money exchangers work for free. Dealers sell for premiums, and charge shipping.

I am personally just hoping for a more positive outcome... Because everything I listed above, although a very possible scenario, is something I am truly hoping does not play out that way.

I would rather see them R/V to $0.01, than remove 2 zeros. (Essentially, this is close to about 10 times your initial investment)

Some may claim even that is far fetched as a possibility, but, who knows..

Thank you for the clarification, Darin. Math has never been my strong suit.

Git 'R(V) Done!

I did not say I'm waiting on anything, like I said I was only sharing something I read!!! Pay attention before you start being negative!!! That's the reason no one wants to share anything on here!!!

Why don't you add a little and share how its been debunked and let us know what you know!!! Do you have anything to offer? I guess NOT!!!

Negative? How is pointing out that DD is biased in his agenda, which is something most everyone already realizes, being negative? How is pointing out a theory that has been raked across the coals numerous times in the year or so that it has been floating around being negative? Personally I think it's absolutely hilarious that people state you are being negative for simply not screaming rah-rah all the time for an RV and actually question the information that people push through the forums, much of which ends up being inaccurate and total misinformation.

As mentioned before, many reasons have been put forward to discredit the theory you posted. For example, beyond the DFI numbers not being accurate, according to the audit reports, you also have to look at Iraq having to give up so much of their known oil supply just to increase the value of their currency without redenominating like every other country has done. Iraq has a known lifetime oil supply value of around $20 trillion. Given that there is very likely at least a few trillion dinar in the hands of speculators, an RV to the level of pre-war levels would essentially give ownership of their oil to the foreign holders of their currency, as well as not give them anything to support themselves on in the future.

Yeah, it looks great if you are on the US side of the equation, especially when the economy is the way it is and people are looking for something to reverse the problems. But when you look at the numbers from the Iraqi side of the equation, the theory doesn't look so good - and that is the economy that they are trying to get started again.

• Upvote 5

Negative? How is pointing out that DD is biased in his agenda, which is something most everyone already realizes, being negative? How is pointing out a theory that has been raked across the coals numerous times in the year or so that it has been floating around being negative? Personally I think it's absolutely hilarious that people state you are being negative for simply not screaming rah-rah all the time for an RV and actually question the information that people push through the forums, much of which ends up being inaccurate and total misinformation.

As mentioned before, many reasons have been put forward to discredit the theory you posted. For example, beyond the DFI numbers not being accurate, according to the audit reports, you also have to look at Iraq having to give up so much of their known oil supply just to increase the value of their currency without redenominating like every other country has done. Iraq has a known lifetime oil supply value of around $20 trillion. Given that there is very likely at least a few trillion dinar in the hands of speculators, an RV to the level of pre-war levels would essentially give ownership of their oil to the foreign holders of their currency, as well as not give them anything to support themselves on in the future.

Yeah, it looks great if you are on the US side of the equation, especially when the economy is the way it is and people are looking for something to reverse the problems. But when you look at the numbers from the Iraqi side of the equation, the theory doesn't look so good - and that is the economy that they are trying to get started again.

Thanks.

Sorry I'm a little late to the discussion been under the weather. :( Yep, an RD is definitely more likely than an RV. I'm still holding out for some possibility to make some money from this investment but I'm pretty sure that would be from a slow appreciation in value - not some big RV. I've always wondered what the economic implications would be comparing say a .01 or.10 RV compared with a straight up lop? Best choice seems to be one day to let it go on the world market and let supply and demand determine the value. But then again I'm no economist. Only way we'll see $1 or $3 in the remote future will be thru an RV followed by a 2 or 3 to 1 RV. At least somewhat of a profit but not the millions that we're hoping for and the pumpers have led us to believe.

• Upvote 1

I have been a dinar investor (?) since 2008 and believe in the process.

However since the CBI has stated on numerous occasions that they will delete 3 zeros first, (move the decimal to the left) then raise the value to equal a US dollar.

I have asked this question to a number of Gurus and have not gotten an answer?

At the risk of sounding like a lopster...why wouldn't they remove the zeros then revalue equal to a dollar?

i.e.: 25,000 IQD = approximately $21 now....remove the zeros...25,000 becomes 25 IQD and then revalue to a dollar to equal $1.

To put another way 1,000,000 IQD = $1,200 now...remove the zeros and 1,000 IQD will equal $1,000 :(

Please tell me I am wrong.

Hopeful,

DrC

1,000,000 IQD equals 855$ USD now.

GO RV :)

We all hope no lop, "well" most of us anyway, but you all had better hope and pray this is the real deal. IMO this is the only thing that will save the World economy, period at this time and can happen due to riches beyond imagination that Iraq has and notice how we are seeing more and more come out to show more value? The last being this huge oil find just announced a couple days ago! No a lop makes no sense, what does to me is a 1 to 1, you come out of the gate strong, many will sell back most or all, guess what, they just increased valuation again, then here comes Forex opening up to the World, then those high numbers come, within time. You do have to think outside of the box and just imagine the World now trading the dinar! I don't see a lop, period and I don't see 3 to 16 or whatever the gurus are saying, but will stick to my $1.17.

Now for you lopsters, if you were I and "if" I owned I woud sell and stop wasting my time! Simple.

• Upvote 1

We all hope no lop, "well" most of us anyway, but you all had better hope and pray this is the real deal. IMO this is the only thing that will save the World economy, period at this time and can happen due to riches beyond imagination that Iraq has and notice how we are seeing more and more come out to show more value? The last being this huge oil find just announced a couple days ago! No a lop makes no sense, what does to me is a 1 to 1, you come out of the gate strong, many will sell back most or all, guess what, they just increased valuation again, then here comes Forex opening up to the World, then those high numbers come, within time. You do have to think outside of the box and just imagine the World now trading the dinar! I don't see a lop, period and I don't see 3 to 16 or whatever the gurus are saying, but will stick to my $1.17.

Now for you lopsters, if you were I and "if" I owned I woud sell and stop wasting my time! Simple.

These same lopsters have been pasting the same spew over and over for at least 5 years because that's all they have.

How the heck can you release new lower denoms and publish that both currencies will coexist but also state they are going to

have LESS paper notes out there.

They will make something up for that also, but their real problem is hanging out in a forum daily on something

they MIGHT make a few dollars on. Sad first of all, then really pathetic.

Do I think it's going up 1000x ?...I doubt it but I can see .10 cents to buy our currency outside of Iraq back, a bounty you could say.

As for the world economy, nothing will fix it until the "moneychangers" are swept up and thrown in jail where they belong. Period.

Edited by DinarDebbie
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Ok. That all sounds great but you have failed to explain how a RV to 1.17 is possible. How does a country go from a hyperinflated currency back to par or above the USD overnight? The answer is simple. They dont without a RD. It isnt possible. If you disagree then please explain how it can be done instead of state that a RD makes no sense when that is exactly what is done to hyperinflated currencies.

• Upvote 3

Thinking outside the box is always a good thing but to think a country roughly the size and population of Texas is going to "save the world economy" to me at least is a stretch.

Granted,Iraq has extensive untapped natural resources but the reality is they have less than 3 thousand active wells...Texas alone has over a million...

At some point in time Iraq will be a major player in the world economy but, imo, not in the foreseeable future....