Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Found Money?

I love it when I find a five dollar bill in my winter coat pocket, but that's just nuts!

Seriously, I'd use that to cover the budget this year, and just pay off Kuwait and get the Chapter 7 rolling. They wouldn't have to deduct the 5% for the DFI fund anymore either. With most debts paid, they'd be ready to rock!

this should tell you that all of there numbers are dead wrong, they lose pallets of money, the whole amount they had in circ that they claimed to have is a total lie........

Yeah...like he said ;)...& Keep honestly we had our spat regarding the financials...you saying that it's all we have to go by :o....& me saying that they are full of sh_t & the truth will eventually come out ;)....looks like we're finally getting the truth :D

• Upvote 1

Just imagine the physical dimensions of 44 trillion Dinar they just "found." I thought about the post somebody did that showed in progression of what 1 trillion US dollars looks like of $100 bills. It would be a mountain of notes! Holy Dinar Batman!! :D

i cannot deduce from the article whether these funds are secured or missing. anyone?

I'm thinking they are "missing". As per the sentence below:

She is a member of the Finance Committee of MP Magda Tamimi Kurdistan News Agency (aknews) today that the final accounts since 2004 to 2010 "where some issues including the Finance Minister said Treasury Anbar 2009 targeted and burned papers in another province and Governor died had received large amounts of quite after 2004 do not know where these funds went."

I think that what they are saying is that there should be a whole lot more money in the DFI than the stated 13 trillion dinars.

I thought the DFI was wound up back in July last year though, and the remaining funds were handed over to the Ministry Of Finance?

I think they're questioning the reported figures of how much oil was distributed. The funds for oil were put into the DFI and then distributed from there for reconstruction. At least I think that's how it works. Somebody will correct me on that though if I'm wrong.

Now I think they're saying, "Well if there was only 13 trillion in the DFI, what happened to the rest of the money because there should have been an extra 44 trillion?"

I'm thinking they are "missing". As per the sentence below:

She is a member of the Finance Committee of MP Magda Tamimi Kurdistan News Agency (aknews) today that the final accounts since 2004 to 2010 "where some issues including the Finance Minister said Treasury Anbar 2009 targeted and burned papers in another province and Governor died had received large amounts of quite after 2004 do not know where these funds went."

I think that what they are saying is that there should be a whole lot more money in the DFI than the stated 13 trillion dinars.

I thought the DFI was wound up back in July last year though, and the remaining funds were handed over to the Ministry Of Finance?

I think they're questioning the reported figures of how much oil was distributed. The funds for oil were put into the DFI and then distributed from there for reconstruction. At least I think that's how it works. Somebody will correct me on that though if I'm wrong.

Now I think they're saying, "Well if there was only 13 trillion in the DFI, what happened to the rest of the money because there should have been an extra 44 trillion?"

Unfortunately that's how it reads to me too. What are these corrupt people going to be like when the money is actually worth something?

Unfortunately that's how it reads to me too. What are these corrupt people going to be like when the money is actually worth something?

Thank you. That's how I interpreted it as well. It doesn't mean (IMO) that they suddenly have 44 trillion extra in their account. It means they're books are way off and they need to run some heavy-duty checks and balances to figure this all out. Hopefully it doesn't have an effect on passing the current budget; I could see Parliament possibly wanting this taken care of first....but let's hope not.

They say there's a "big problem" and they "don't know where the funds went." Sounds like more corruption as usual in their government. And these people have the nerve to claim our government is corrupt!!!blink.gif

WHOA! my friends. and again i say WHOA!

before we go into finger pointing mode highlighting the spec in iraq's eyes, let us consider the beam in our own country's eyes. i have never heard in any history book i've ever read of over $9T in USD missing (to be repaid by honest hard working tax paying americans) and nobody knows where it went.

i'm not dogging you guys, i am just reminding you to keep things in perspective so that we avoid hypocrisy. really what we should be hoping for is that these people operate with MORE integrity than us.

• Upvote 1

Did you just use "Iraq" and "Integrity" in the same sentence? I wish I could give them that much credit my friend....but they have done nothing but prove otherwise. They clearly have unaccounted for oil that has been sold and missing trillions of dinar. Whew! Again, just my opinion that I try to respectfully submit, it is still part of the cleaning-up-the -mess process from years ago....clear back to 2004 as of now.

Yeah...like he said ;)...& Keep honestly we had our spat regarding the financials...you saying that it's all we have to go by :o....& me saying that they are full of sh_t & the truth will eventually come out ;)....looks like we're finally getting the truth :D

Keep are you still around :blink::huh::unsure:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Did you just use "Iraq" and "Integrity" in the same sentence? I wish I could give them that much credit my friend....

hmmm....look like my words might have been slightly twisted. hoping for something does not equate what is current.

the spirit of my post is spelled out herein: our government and its monetary policies wreak with corruption. $9 Trillion dollars extended from the accounts of the Federal Reserve and is unaccounted for....REALLY?! and this is just one instance. there is not enough blog space for me to enter the rest. if you ever spend any time at all studying the "crime of banking" which is fraudulent at its roots, you will begin to peer into a world of realism that many are not prepared to mentally to absorb the weight of. but instead we make comment after comment of "iraqi political corruption" and how nauseating it is. HOW DARE WE?! everytime i read post like so, evidently ripe with patriotic haughtiness, it nauseates me because we wade at the deep end in the pool of the information age and yet we appear so unlearned of our own national condition.

my last post. thanks for allowing it to entertain.

• Upvote 2

Well, this is a sticky wicket. If in fact they are missing 44 trillion IQD, equal to 40 billion, and if these funds are missing from the DFI Fund, and since the US held the DFI Funds here in the US, doesn't this imply that we owe them 40 billion dollars? That's what I get from this anyway. The way our government spends money like a drunken sailor (just an expression and no offense to sailors intended), it is easy to believe that 40 billion (a drop in the bucket for US lawmakers) could have been siphoned out of the DFI accounts. We probably needed a new toilet seat for the space shuttle that has since been parked. This smoking gun gives new meaning to Bush's statement about the war paying for itself.

Edited by speculatorsRIDE
  • Upvote 2

Here is Kromes post from this morning.........

Aswat Al Iraq / Politics , Baghdad

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Questions on lost 44 trillion Iraqi dinars - Ahrar MP

1/7/2012 5:17 PM

BAGHDAD / Aswat al-Iraq: A Member of the Parliamentary Financial Commission Majda Timimi expressed her concern for the absence of non-spent 44 trillion Iraqi dinars during 2007-2010.

She added that "important financial data are absent that led the government not to submit the final statements till now.

MP Timimi, of Ahrar bloc, said, in a special statement to Aswat al-Iraq, "according to my information there was a surplus in the budget with 44 trillion Iraqi dinars, namely, there is about 11 trillion dinars surplus each year.

She added that a letter was sent to the finance minister to point out the surpluses from 2007 till now.

Timimi disclosed that there are amounts were destroyed in Anbar province due to a fire incident and another figure of a governor who received great sum of money from the Americans in 2004, but he is dead now.

Criticism was mounted in the Parliament against the government for not submitting final financial statements for the last years, but the government said that there "problems unsolved during the premiership of Iyad Alawi in 2004-2005".

Timimi questioned the real quantities of exported oil because there are no gauges to count the quantities, which are more greater than recorded.

Iraqi oil ministry announced during the last two years that it put the oil gauges at sea vent in the southern part of the country.

RM (TI)/SR

http://en.aswatalira...eshow&id=146386

Read more:

Now look at this article from Yota

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Population figures are misleading in the calculation of the budget

BAGHDAD / Baghdadiya News / .. confirmed member of the Finance Committee Magda Al-Tamimi, said today's session will see the second reading of the law of the Federal budget.

She said Tamimi told / of Baghdadi News /, that "the Finance Committee during its meetings, has expressed some important notes in regards to the budget, including the law of development of the regions," said Tamimi, "There is a kind of misinformation in this law share of the provinces counted Cold MD to the ratio of the population of each province, but what we have observed is that there are data points filed by a Ministry of Planning and the Ministry of Commerce, show that there is a conflict in the ratios, criticizing at the same time statistics of the Ministry of Trade that the ministry accused the issues of fraud, and there names are not true is registered in the ration card, and emphasized Tamimi: that the true figure of the budget is not announced as 117 trillion and the provinces there was a surplus of petrodollar funds not disbursed, making the true figure of 120 trillion budget figure has been sent to the Finance Ministry for approval. / End / 18 a /

http://translate.goo...aghdadia.com%2F

Read more:

I think I know why the hold up in the RV. :)