Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Questions on lost 44 trillion Iraqi dinars

krome2ez

Aswat Al Iraq / Politics , Baghdad

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Questions on lost 44 trillion Iraqi dinars - Ahrar MP

1/7/2012 5:17 PM

BAGHDAD / Aswat al-Iraq: A Member of the Parliamentary Financial Commission Majda Timimi expressed her concern for the absence of non-spent 44 trillion Iraqi dinars during 2007-2010.

She added that "important financial data are absent that led the government not to submit the final statements till now.

MP Timimi, of Ahrar bloc, said, in a special statement to Aswat al-Iraq, "according to my information there was a surplus in the budget with 44 trillion Iraqi dinars, namely, there is about 11 trillion dinars surplus each year.

She added that a letter was sent to the finance minister to point out the surpluses from 2007 till now.

Timimi disclosed that there are amounts were destroyed in Anbar province due to a fire incident and another figure of a governor who received great sum of money from the Americans in 2004, but he is dead now.

Criticism was mounted in the Parliament against the government for not submitting final financial statements for the last years, but the government said that there "problems unsolved during the premiership of Iyad Alawi in 2004-2005".

Timimi questioned the real quantities of exported oil because there are no gauges to count the quantities, which are more greater than recorded.

Iraqi oil ministry announced during the last two years that it put the oil gauges at sea vent in the southern part of the country.

RM (TI)/SR

http://en.aswataliraq.info/(S(g3kjy1451ttk3l555uak2455))/Default.aspx?page=article_page&c=slideshow&id=146386

• Upvote 1

Timimi disclosed that there are amounts were destroyed in Anbar province due to a fire incident and another figure of a governor who received great sum of money from the Americans in 2004, but he is dead now.

Bummer, said the wrong thing I bet.

So with this surpluss why don't they just send a check to Kuwaiti and call it a day?

Hypothethetical observation here...IF I were a corrupt Iraqi politician...and stole billions of Dinars OR Dollars.....RIGHT NOW ..Id be living on the beach some where warm. (You pick your favorite ..Ill pick mine :lol ) who would what to be RICH in a country that doesnt have any goods or services? JMO that some place warm would not be any where near THE PERSIAN GULF.. :D ........

Edited by tim5400

Hypothethetical observation here...IF I were a corrupt Iraqi politician...and stole billions of Dinars OR Dollars.....RIGHT NOW ..Id be living on the beach some where warm. (You pick your favorite ..Ill pick mine :lol ) who would what to be RICH in a country that doesnt have any goods or services? JMO that some place warm would not be any where near THE PERSIAN GULF.. :D ........

The Persian Gulf is hot in more ways than one......

Try going west a ways...

Quad B)

• 1 year later...

Thanks for bumping this yota.  This article sure caught my interest!   :)   This money appears to be the drainage funds Iraq has been holding on to for years.  That's another 32+ Billion Iraq has in accounts.  Geat article.  Sorry I missed it the first time.  Wonder where krome2 is?  I haven't seen him lately.

• Upvote 2

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that it is not missing paper money, but budget book entries.

unless it is the hidden lower denoms that have existed all along.
it was said years ago that 14 denominations of the currency we hold were printed.

Edited by sportfisher
  • Upvote 1

Keylime: If they were truly burnt in the fire yes, but do any of us really believe this? look at our Politian's and how they ALL become wealthy when they get into Office. Id call that 44 Trillion spent on buying Votes and or terrorist (I mean Freedom fighters-cough cough... ;)

Badrabbit

Personally I bet there are not more than a Dozen truly good Politian's in our whole Government, We the USA are in the process of molding the Iraqi Gov. after ours! (that's a bad thought isn't it.) they (Iraqi Leaders) are quick learners when it comes to corruption.