Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Attacks Targeting Shiites Kill 72 People Thurs.

Zeenews2012-01-05: Baghdad: A wave of bombings targeting Shiites in Iraq killed 72 people on Thursday, deepening sectarian tensions that exploded just after the last American troops left the country in mid-December. The coordinated attacks targeting Shiites bore the hallmarks of Sunni insurgents linked to al Qaeda, although there was no immediate claim of responsibility. The bombings began early in the morning when explosions struck two Shiite neighborhoods in Baghdad, killing at least 27 people. A few hours later, a suicide attack hit Shiite pilgrims heading to the holy Shiite city of Karbala, killing 45, said provincial official... more »

http://zeenews.india.com/news/world/attacks-targeting-shiites-kill-72-in-iraq_750444.html

[/url]

Im having a hard time getting my mind around Muslims suicide bombing each other. I realize that there is a lot of tension between Shiite and Sunni. And, I understand how they rationalize sacrificing their lives to kill infidels. But, to sacrifice ones life to kill another Muslim would not be a pathway to heaven as I understand Islam.

Could it be that Al Qaeda is paying these guys to do this? Many are desperate,Im sure. Maybe a few hundred or thousand dollars is all it takes. Seems a prosperous economy with some hope for the future would help end alot of this violence.

• Upvote 2

It has been said more than once, that some of the neighboring countries, and/or factions...literally hate the idea of an up and rising democracy from the west, rising up in their part of the world...it's kind of like a slap in the face to many Islamic groups and their beliefs....IMO....I do believe that an RV would deter much of this..maybe not all of it to start with, but if we look at the poorest parts of the globe, one can see that this is where the most extreme criminal acts of all types are usually committed...due mainly from the abscence of even the bare neccessities not being available...many see no hope and actually just give up, especially in Iraq's case...as there will most definitley be more of this probably, at least until they give the people something to give them some hope...as most of them know that even while they were under a dictatorship with Sadaam...that they at least had their essentials usually available to them...and now, as they watch the trillions of dollars pour into their country...while some are still starving to death...while watching these massive waves of investments pass their door daily...many are at the end of their rope...IMO...something needs to be done sooner than later...but, I guess we will see???