Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Need an opinion from the DV Christians

bamagirl

Tithing is tithing - not the same as giving above and beyond like an offering. Giving beyond your tithe would be beyond the 10%. A Tithe should go to the church you support and your offering can go to who you see fit and want to support. I just think it's important to distinguish the two. The 10% tithe belongs to the Lord represented by the church you are a member of or frequent, the offering beyond that can belong to whomever you decide to give to, like missions, or whatever organisation you choose to support. So to answer your question, I don't believe the 10% are negotiable who to give to if you want the rest blessed. Giving to a needy organisation is not tithing, it's contributing financially to them.

• Upvote 1

Bama, my husband and I will be tithing 10 percent to the Lord's House. Our church is setting well financially, so we will be giving 5 percent to them, but the other 5 percent is going to go to my niece and nephew who have started a church in Reno, NV, They are a wonderful couple with 3 small children, and have a heart to serve God. I know the 5 percent given to them in the name of the Lord will be greatly appreciated. Above and beyond the 10 percent will be gifts to local Christian TV that struggles to provide good family programming through donations, Plus many other special interests. Many people who just need a hand up, not a hand out. I think each individual needs to tithe as God leads them, so I pray that you give where the Lord leads your heart, and it will be the right decision. This is the best part of this investment I think. Another Christian couple are also invested, and when we talk, it is not about the riches we are going to have. It is about what we can do for others in he name of the Lord. Now that is exciting! God Bless you Bama!

I plan, although I haven't talked it over with my husband, to start a "foundation" of some sort to help out abused women and children. Unless I stumble into one that manages their money so well...then I'll just put it in an account to give to them as needed.

My church is loaded. They don't need any more. My local christian school could use a gymnasium, though :)

Another voice. And some concerns.

Like some of the other voices, I believe that the tithe needs to be "gathered into the storehouse;" given to my local church. When my wife and I became members of this church, we promised, among other things, to support our church through our tithes; not part tithes, but tithes. Period. Now we have no problem writing personal checks to the church to take the tax-break. If we tithe on "gross" earnings, we get better than "net" blessings and if the government wants to support us on giving to our church... we've already tithed on that money. On the same token, we take an extra "offering envelope" and write "FOOD BANK" on it and tuck in some cash; usually every week. Our church accepts food donations for the church's food bank, but they have said that they prefer cash as they can then buy even more food at less than wholesale than we could donate. This is an offering. The giver of this gift is unknown to anybody except for us and our Lord -- see Matthew 6:1-4: "Be careful not to do your acts of righteousness before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven. So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets to be honored by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you." And I plan to do much more of this type giving. And I would like to be able to contribute to other local churches where they preach the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Now the concerns. Some years ago, a fellow member of our church made some property adjacent to the church available to the church at a level way, way below market value. Personally, I saw this as a gift to the Lord. But I was horrified when it was announced in church that this person was doing this so everyone could clap. And I let the preacher we had at the time know that I thought that we had just robbed this individual of a blessing. We agreed to disagree. My wife and I plan to pay toward having the sanctuary re-modeled, at last re-painted. I mean if we can pay to upgrade our own home, surely we can pay to upgrade God's house. And I would be horrified if someone put a plaque with my name on it on the door or the wall.

My church is very good about supplying the congregation with weekly stewardship reports. This past year, our tithes and offerings were x and our expenses were approximately .96x. What came in, basically went out. This included donations above our pledge to Missions and donations to a local boys home. That's all a good thing. But what happens when the weekly stewardship report shows that there was a sizeable contribution -- not that our new preacher or the church treasurer would ever mention my name - I know they wouldn't. But if all of the sudden the church had a bunch of cash, would the rest of the parishoners feel that they no longer needed to tithe? I know I can only be responsible for me, but I think you can get my drift here.

I think that in the end, while I tithe and give offerings, it will probably be through a corporation or trust so that I can do it in secrecy.

Just my 2 cents.

Tithing is tithing - not the same as giving above and beyond like an offering. Giving beyond your tithe would be beyond the 10%. A Tithe should go to the church you support and your offering can go to who you see fit and want to support. I just think it's important to distinguish the two. The 10% tithe belongs to the Lord represented by the church you are a member of or frequent, the offering beyond that can belong to whomever you decide to give to, like missions, or whatever organisation you choose to support. So to answer your question, I don't believe the 10% are negotiable who to give to if you want the rest blessed. Giving to a needy organisation is not tithing, it's contributing financially to them.

I agree with your definition of the tithe, however, I have another thought regarding this...if say an individual does not happen to be connected to a specific church, then how would they give to further God's work? It that case, since as I posted earlier, one would have to decide what they believed was the best place for that tithe, and by the way, a tithe is to be given of your "firstfruits", that would be considered monies before taxes. Biblically speaking, we really do not have the chance to give 1st to the church, if we tithe from a JOB, cause taxes are taken before we even get our checks! Of course God knows this, and we work with the laws of the land. My point is that the motive of one to give would be very important to God. If someone doesn't have a church and desires to give, I believe their tithe (in God's eyes) would receive the same blessings as givig to a church! God looks on the heart, and He would understand the individuals circumstances. Ever consider that there are many churches that really are not about the work of the Lord but are just big business. Ideally, you are correct in saying that the intent of the tithe is to be given to the church to further good works. Like salaries for the preachers, etc. that don't have traditional "jobs",

Also, as you mentioned, anything above the tithe would be considered abundant sharing and could be in the form of money, time as well as other means. This is my understanding, having studied the Word of God for several years...I remember the first time I waas able to tithe, I cried that I had the opportunity after I read and understood from Gods Word about the meaning of tithe as well as abundant sharing! God Bless...and seriously, if anyone here does not clearly understand tithing, please be sure to ask at your church so that you may do so with knowlege and understanding.

A ministry that I was part of years ago was fantastic at teaching us how to read the bible for ourselves and to be able to rightly divide it...I will be forever thankful and grateful for that teaching.

It's like so many people don't know the promises in th bible, they may not be taught so they can't claim those promises if they are not aware of them and/or have not been taught correctly regarding them.like it states in Ecclesiastes(para phrased) My people are destroyed for lack of knowlege.

And to you Bama, several times you have posted things regarding the bible, sounds like you are very hungry for God's truth and I thank you for your posts cause they cause me to REMEMBER things that perhaps I have not considered for awhile...God Bless

I have plans to tithe and help others when this RV finally comes but I am wondering about the tithing part...do we have to tithe our 10% to a church or can we use the money we set aside as tithes to really help people? I don't want to give money to pay salaries or help build another mega church, I really want people to be helped and to know it's from blessings from the Lord. Your opinions would be greatly appreciated, my husband and I are really wanting to do the right thing but we are torn on this.

Bama, last month one of my friends turned me on to the BEST teaching that I have EVER heard about provision in the Kingdom of God. It covers tithes and offerings, to be sure - but it doesn't end there; that's only the beginning. There is so much more.

It's by Gary Keesee, at www.faithlifenow.com; it is a set of 5 cd's or you can download it immediately as MP3 files; the title is "The NOW Revolution 2.0."

I had been obsessing so much about the Dinar that I was in danger of making the Dinar and the RV an Idol, and sinning against God, by viewing it as "my only shot to get out of the hole of debt that I had dug for myself."

I make my living in a computer repair business which had previously really slow and a terrible struggle; I was "holding my breath" for the RV; now business has roughly doubled just in the past 30 days since I have been following the pattern that Gary lays out.

For the first time since I invested, I have confidence that I will succeed in creating wealth in anything that I do, regardless of how the Dinar goes.

Have you read the story when Jesus supernaturally multiplied a small boy's lunch to feed a crowd of probably about 20,000 people, and wondered how that happened, especially because He said in another remark that "The things that I do, you (his disciples) will do also." Sound far out? If you listen to Gary's teaching, it won't seem so impossible.

God Bless... and GO RV!

My study of tithe was exhaustive. From every angle I could think of. I wanted to get it right. Reason. I knew a man with a family that went to a church and tithing was a big thing to the pastor of that church. He had new members sign documents stating they would pay tithe and offering to that particular church. My acquaintance fell on hard times. He was unable to pay tithes as his new job required all of his money to meet his obligations to lenders. He was told he was going to hell if he did not pay tithes as he was robbing God according to old testament scripture. The pastor told him no thief was going to make it to heaven and he owed God his first fruits which by this pastors definitions meant right off the top before any expenses. This man consequently told me he was quitting church and was going to be as much of a sinner as he could be since he was going to hell anyway. I am a self studied person. I did not go to seminary or college to learn other mens opinions about the Bible and about God. In my studies I never found once where the old testament command to pay tithe was ever visited on the New Testament church. Please remember that Matthew through John we were still under OT law. In my findings tithing and offering was for the Levitical and Aaronic priesthood in OT times. When Jesus was tempted in OT times by the Pharisees about tithe he said RENDER unto Caeser that which is Caesers and unto God that which is God's. Render is an interesting word. We render lard or the old wringer washers would have been considered rendering. Jesus said render tithe.

The firstfruits simply were just that. It was an agricultural society and God required tithe of the firstfruits also. Reason was this was the fresh produce after a year of eating old produce. A lot of people wanted to keep all of this fresh produce and catch up later in OT times. This meant the priesthood had old produce until the harvest and missed out on the first fruits. SO God in His foreknowledge commanded about first fruits. No place in scripture ever did God give a judgement of hell for not tithing. He said your money bags would rot and get holes and your cisterns would run dry and your crops would cast off their fruits but God never gave a sentence of hell. Any pastor or preacher that has ever told that to a member of their congregation is guilty of the blood of that lost soul. He is also guilty of being greedy and is one who beats the flocks. I say that here in comfortable anonymity as I could not destroy this mans confidence in his pastor. My reply to him was my findings and my studies. I told him that I believe it is a good thing to pay tithe unto God but when you are paying it to a man because of a signed document or because a man demands it you have lost the blessing of tithing anyway. In New Testament times There is no such law brought down upon the heads of the church. It just is not there. I pay tithes. I pay tithes unto God. I pay them as commanded in scripture. Tithe was payed upon the increase. It started this way in the first mention of tithe by Abraham to Melchizadec and it was the law given by Moses. Not off the top but according to increase. Somewhat like a 10% taxation after expenses. remember this is God we are dealing with. If you enter into a covenent with God (not man) concerning your finances then we have to approach this honestly and we are allowed to render tithe according to Jesus. The Pharisees counted out the very seeds themselves in this rendering process.

The man is still living for God today and changed churches. Same beliefs just a different pastor of a different congregation. I would not want to ever be guilty of causing someone to go to hell or through hell because of my greed and desire for filthy lucre. I am simply in this post clarifying my beliefs and why I feel so strongly about them. Enter into covenent with God in your finances by all means. You will be blessed. Even more so because you are not commanded to do so. I pay my tithe as stated before to my local church. I pay offering too. I struggle at times but consider myself to be a very blessed man. You never pay tithe and offering to man or you are just giving your money away.

• Upvote 3

The Tithe-Gods way of blessing and promoting us. The actual money or check you write and put in the collection plate each pay period what does it represent? It represents energy exerted over a 40 or 80 hour period. In what manner or spirit did you exert that energy? Do you go to work for love or money? When the people of God were commanded to tithe, they were expected to render the best of their work. If you were an owner of sheep, you had to present to God a spotless perfect sheep. No defects! This animal was going to be split open by the priest right before your eyes and He would stick his hands inside the dead but still warm insides and examine the sheeps heart, liver and etc checking it's internal health as well. Reminds me of David's psalm when he says he desires truth in his inward parts. I'm Sure David was accustomed to seeing his father present his first fruits to the priest and watched them cut open the animals he raised with care. Have you wondered what does it take to present such a pristine animal or crop to God as a tithe. It required excellence! It required that you would become an expert in your field. That you would study and track every part of that animals growth. From which grass was best, which two animals to pair up for breeding, you had to become an expert in diagnosing the animals droppings and making adjustments in its diet. You couldn't just watch them from a far and see what happens. Same goes for farmers. Do we think God is looking at the moment you release a check into a collection plate or is he examining the heart and the attitude of the 80 hours it represents? When God examined Abel's and cains offering, God said he did not respect Cain and his offering. He rejected both. Then God said "if you DO well, will YOU not be accepted. I propose the tithe is represents the spirit in which we do our work. Colossians says to do everything as if unto the Lord. Like everything else in the Word it all comes back to our heart. If we began to take great care in the manner and spirit in which we work as if unto the Lord, you never do anything for God for money..it's always for love. If you ignored the paycheck and focused on excellence, go above and beyond DO IT WELL, will you not be blessed. The tithe was actually setup for your prosperity and promotion. Think about it. If you successfully offered God a clean perfect sheep or crop as tithe...what condition or quality is the other 90%???? You would be the expert in your field in 5 years. We should wake up and say I'm going to worship today instead of going to work. The tithe principle which goes back before the law actually is more about our becoming, transforming and our blessing. Forgive the grammar and such.

• Upvote 2

I could try to paraphrase this explaination but it wouldn't be as good...

Excerpted from GRACE STORIES by BOB GEORGE.

Is tithing the New Testament standard of giving for today?

Giving… the New Covenant Way

Money is a subject most of us are uncomfortable discussing, specifically as it relates to giving. We have all heard the "dig deep" sermons, which make us feel guilty about giving to the Lord. Then there are the radio and television guys using every manipulative trick in the book to get us to open our wallets and give to them. At the core of all these "guilt laden" messages is the idea that to be a “good Christian” we must tithe. And if we don’t, based on Malachi 3:8-10, we are robbing God.

Of course, no one wants to “rob God.” But is tithing the New Testament standard for the believer today? Let’s take a closer look.

Tithing was an Old Testament law, mandated by God to the nation of Israel. It was a requirement of every Israelite family to give a tenth of their produce and livestock for the support of the Levitical priesthood. The word tithe literally means one-tenth or ten percent.

The tribe of Levi was the only tribe of Israel not given an inheritance in the land by God. They were rigorously set apart by God to perform religious duties in the temple and to serve as His representatives to the people. The tithes from the remaining eleven tribes served to provide for the Levites’ needs, “I give to the Levites all the tithes in Israel as their inheritance in return for the work they do while serving at the Tent of Meeting” (Numbers 18:21).

The work of the Levites merely foreshadowed the person and work of Jesus Christ. The writer of Hebrews describes that old system in this way: “The law is only a shadow of the good things that were coming –not the realities themselves” (Hebrews 10:1). The realities are found in Christ Jesus.

Through His death and resurrection, Jesus fulfilled all that the Law of Moses required, and in so doing, ended the Levitical priesthood. Christ finished their work forever. Jesus now stands as our high priest, and the only high priest. Every reality, which the Old Testament foreshadowed, can now be experienced through faith in Him.

When Jesus fulfilled the Old Covenant, He ushered in the promised New Covenant (Jeremiah 31:31). Therefore, the old priesthood has been replaced by the new one – Jesus. Under this new covenant with its new priesthood in place, the old system of tithing no longer remains in effect. Under the New Covenant, we have a new way to share financially in His work here on earth – the grace of giving ( 2 Corinthians 8:7).

Under grace, giving is not a required activity as the law of tithing was. New Covenant giving is a natural overflow of God’s love in service to others as His Spirit controls us. Can that be ten percent of everything we make? Sure it can, and perhaps more or less as God works in our hearts individually. That is the freedom we have in Christ.

It is important that we see that God doesn’t want what is in our hands; He wants our hands. God doesn’t need money. He is far greater than limited human economic systems. God wants our hearts first, and then the right actions will follow.

As a child of God, giving should be a response to what Jesus Christ has already done and continues to do in our lives. The grace of giving flows from the heart. And it is in the heart that the Spirit of God does His work to transform us into people eager to share in God’s work.

The first century Macedonian Christians provide us with a beautiful picture of this grace in action. Paul tells their story in 2 Corinthians 8 & 9 to encourage the believers in Corinth and believers everywhere to excel in this grace of giving.

“ And now, brothers, we want you to know about the grace that God has given the Macedonian churches. Out of the most severe trial, their overflowing joy and their extreme poverty welled up in rich generosity. For I testify that they gave as much as they were able, and even beyond their ability. Entirely on their own, they urgently pleaded with us for the privilege of sharing in this service to the saints. And they did not do as we expected, but they gave themselves first to the Lord and then to us in keeping with God’s will” (2 Corinthians 8:1-5).

These believers were impoverished and were experiencing severe trials and tribulations. Yet, they saw giving as a privilege and pleaded with Paul in order to share in “this service to the saints.” God’s grace had done a powerful work in their hearts, and as a result, they desperately wanted to give of themselves and their resources.

2 Corinthians 9:7 summarizes the type of giving God desires for every believer. “Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.” We spend so much time focusing on the amount we are to give that we miss what truly matters to God. We look on the outside, and God looks at the heart. Only God’s grace can capture our hearts and produce in us overwhelming joy that wells up in generosity.

Under grace, all we have and all we are belong to God. We can’t out-give Him; He will supply all our needs. This frees us to help meet the needs of others. As He blesses us, we in turn are to give to His work by means of a thankful heart.

It is important to note here that we are not talking about freedom from tithing as much as freedom to give out of a cheerful heart, the way that God desires. When you consider how much God has given you in Jesus Christ, can you possibly set a limit on how much to give to further His kingdom? He has given freely and unconditionally. In response, as you have freely received, freely give.

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ (Ephesians 1:3).

• Upvote 3

I know what I will do. I will still give to my local church, but it isn't going to be the whole tithe. it's only a 200 people congregation and the building was paid for years ago.

We already sponsor 6 kids through Compassion. If I were to become very wealthy, I'd sponsor hundreds of kids all around the world. I think that is what God would have me do.

Set up a trust or something like that, that would provide for many kids for years.

Thats a very admirable cause.may god continue to bless you and your family.

• Upvote 1

May I ask a question regarding this subject, which I hope isn't deemed to be silly but: Does the tithe have to be for the benefit of people only or can it also go to such things as the Human Society or an organization that helps to clean the enviornment? Just curious. :)

Tiff, I guess if you tithe to a church it goes to what they deem appropriate but I don't know if I'll tithe directly to a church or not. If you don't give to a church I guess you just help out where your heart leads you. I personally want to help people...I don't want them to have to fill out a thousand page application or spend a month going through a process, I just want them to be helped. I am not tied to any certain church but I have strong Christian beliefs, that is why I am torn over what to do and what would please the Lord. This very likely could be a large sum of money (10% of whatever this revalues at) and I just want to do the right thing.

May I ask a question regarding this subject, which I hope isn't deemed to be silly but: Does the tithe have to be for the benefit of people only or can it also go to such things as the Human Society or an organization that helps to clean the enviornment? Just curious. :)

Tiff,

Previously you've posted that you're an athesist/agnostic. I'm interested that you're interested in this topic.

To my way of thinking, the tithe isn't even for the benefit of people per se, but for the work of the church (and I'll include synagogues, here -- I haven't got a clue about other religions and don't want to bash.:) ). I'm sure that St. Francis Assisi (sorry if I spelled that wrong) would be cool with you helping out animals. But really it's for the work of the church. As a believer, I'll be praying that it is used to further the Kingdom of Jesus Christ and have all confidence that it will do just that.

Thanks for asking.

• Upvote 1

It is very heartwarming to see all the posts of giving our fruits to God, for without His help we would not see fruits. I was brought up to believe in tithing, but when I met my husband I learned the REAL meaning of giving to God's work. We do not count out 10%, we give and when I looked back to see if we were doing the 10% it was more than that amount. Not really understanding that I asked my husband why he gave the amount he / we give his reply was simply - because we have been richly blessed and we need to share. Please keep in mind we both work and we are not well off. We have a list of places that will get our "tithes": our church of course, Red Cross, Salvation Army, St Judes, Food bank, Christian youth camps, to mention a few. The reason we are not rich with money is we choose to give. I know some will think this to be crazy, but I once heard that our hearse will not have a trailer hitch!!! (Oh, by the way - - we have 5 kids, 8 grandkids, and 9 3/4 great grands so far!!!!!!!!!!!!! In christian love - - - - GO RV!!!

• Upvote 1

Tiff,

Previously you've posted that you're an athesist/agnostic. I'm interested that you're interested in this topic.

To my way of thinking, the tithe isn't even for the benefit of people per se, but for the work of the church (and I'll include synagogues, here -- I haven't got a clue about other religions and don't want to bash.:) ). I'm sure that St. Francis Assisi (sorry if I spelled that wrong) would be cool with you helping out animals. But really it's for the work of the church. As a believer, I'll be praying that it is used to further the Kingdom of Jesus Christ and have all confidence that it will do just that.

Thanks for asking.

429...so from what you wrote. work of the church" is getting the word out about Christianity vs like helping the poor. Won't helping the poor in the name of Christ actually do both? Or is it to like sponsor someone doing mission work? Sorry...just curious to see how the other half live. :)

Renee...I like that you are solicting help from others...for what it's worth...my father says that the Salvation Army is one of the best organizations for those in the military...that is, it is probably the most seen by our warfighters and since any proceeds of the RV would result from their sacrifice, I would think it would be an excellent choice. But that's from an outsider looking in...anything to better the world would be a good choice IMHO...you continue to be a great role model! :)

Hey bama, it's great that you are going to give when we finally get our new found wealth. I plan to donate to my church, our local boy scouts, and the humane society, plus a few other notable causes. Right now my wife and I around Christmas time try and watch for needy families going into Walmart in a beat up car and stick an envelope saying Merry Christmas with a $100 bill in it on their windshield. We both feel this makes us feel better than buying each other a gift we really don't need. And its fun to sit in the parking lot and watch the expressions on their faces when they open an anonymous envelope with a hundred bucks in it, not much but it's something. So I feel anything is better than nothing. Roll Tide and Husker Power! B)

• Upvote 1

There are a couple of things that I have been thinking about. The first thing is that I have 1/10th of my Dinar designated for my Tithe. I may or may not convert it before tithing.

I'm considering creating a Charitable Foundation, and then contributing to some of the following:

In no particular order:

Doctor's Without Borders

MercyShips.org

Wounded Warrior Project San Antonio

Samaritan's Purse (Franklin Graham)

Water Wells in Africa ( I don't have the name yet, but there is an organization my church works with that digs water wells in Africa while preaching the gospel.th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif)

More to come...

Matthew 25:33-41 (NLT)

33 He will place the sheep at his right hand and the goats at his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. 36 I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me.’

37 “Then these righteous ones will reply, ‘Lord, when did we ever see you hungry and feed you? Or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 Or a stranger and show you hospitality? Or naked and give you clothing? 39 When did we ever see you sick or in prison and visit you?’

40 “And the King will say, ‘I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!’41 “Then the King will turn to those on the left and say, ‘Away with you, you cursed ones, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his demons.

• Upvote 1

There are a couple of things that I have been thinking about. The first thing is that I have 1/10th of my Dinar designated for my Tithe. I may or may not convert it before tithing.

I'm considering creating a Charitable Foundation, and then contributing to some of the following:

In no particular order:

Doctor's Without Borders

MercyShips.org

Wounded Warrior Project San Antonio

Water Wells in Africa ( I don't have the name yet, but there is an organization my church works with that digs water wells in Africa while preaching the gospel.th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif)

More to come...

Are you a preacher Mark? I have always wondered if you were.

I really appreciate your heart to search out all avenues for the Truth concerning giving of money for the work of the Lord. Usually I would'nt comment but as I like how you are responding I will throw in my 2 cents. The biggest part for me is having peace with my decision in giving. If our giving is to the Lord then I try to keep at the forfront of my mind that He has sent us the Holy Spirit to lead us and guide us into a closer relationship with Jesus. So no certain rules can apply to spirit led giving that involves a Living God. I would pray and ask Him what He would like you to do and believe that He can speak clearly to your heart and give you peace with whatever decision you would make. I know there have been times I felt He told me to use the money i was going to give to the church to someone in need that was family or friend. I did'nt feel like I had to repay the church for not giving that week or month. As the Blood and Body of Jesus is the only thing that restores me to the Father, weather or not I give money can bring me no closer to God in it self. So my heart is clear to do whatever is true and just. Blessings

• Upvote 1