Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Just got the call

randalln

I was disappointed that Randalin did not follow up with us as he promised he would, However, I will not judge him or bash him Not my job, It would great if we could all be a lot more like our Mod Bumper (who I am sure has his own opinions on issues) but is still respectful to all. I want the RV as much as anybody, but I won't hurt someone else in my zest to see it happen.

• Upvote 2

He answered nothing. He's just a know it all huh?

Well, that should be so easy for you to recognize. Might be the easiest thing you do all day. huh?

Randalin will have to work at something more difficult to try to trick you up. That should not be too hard to do either.

Edited by Carrello
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's amassing What they are able to keep of the Internet .....this is to the one that is giving my friend the all the hassle there at the green zone If you have a problem with me telling the truth .......deal with me I know your reading this And you have my phone number

People they watch every thing wrote on this site ........just so they can spin it ......believe it are not it's done .. And I don't work for y'all any more so you can't tell me to keep it quite ..........

SO SPIN THAT

Now that is interesting my friendbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Kuwait did not RV.

Ok, well, I am willing to learn. Here is a NYTimes article dated March 25, 1991 (with link) regarding the Kuwait RV. So do you think that the New York Times mis-reported its information? If so, please show me your link....I'm just trying to learn. Thank you

AFTER THE WAR; No Electricity but Kuwait Reopens Its Banks

By DONATELLA LORCH, Special to The New York Times

Published: March 25, 1991

It still has no water and little electricity or food, but Kuwait revived its banking system today, introducing a new currency.

Banks reopened for the first time since Iraqi occupation forces shut them down in December. Thousands of people lined up to exchange their old Kuwaiti dinars for crisp new ones and to withdraw a limited amount of money.

Without electricity, the banks services were slow, limited to money exchange and withdrawal. There was no telex, no electronic money transfer and no telephones. The computers were unusable, so all transactions had to be entered by hand.

"It's like going back 20 years," said Mohammed al-Yahya, the manager of the Commercial Bank of Kuwait, the nation's second-largest bank. Seized Dinars Canceled

The Central Bank is canceling the value of Kuwaiti dinars that were seized from the Central Bank and put into circulation by the Iraqis. The invalid serial numbers were posted today in front of all banks in the city.

pixel.gifpixel.gifAll other old dinars can be exchanged for new ones on a one-to-one rate until May 7, when the old dinars become invalid. The new official exchange rate is 3.47 American dollars for one new Kuwaiti dinar.

Although it is severly handicapped without electricity, the Commercial Bank, like many other major banks, was able to open for business because its records had been saved from the Iraqis. Mr. Yahya hid the bank's balance sheets in his home and sent its computer records to London via Syria with an Indian employee, who packed the tapes into the back of a trailer.

The banks also face serious personnel shortages. Only 11 of the Commercial Bank's 35 branches opened today, with 137 out of 1,300 workers.

Before the Iraqi invasion, only 17 percent of the bank's staff was Kuwaiti. Many of the foreign workers -- Jordanians, Palestinians and Indians -- fled and now cannot re-enter the country.

For those exchanging money today, there was little they could buy in Kuwait. Many of those in line said they planned to use their money for vacations or for shopping trips to Saudi Arabia to buy generators and food.

"I need to get away from this pressure," said Abdul Mohammed Hussein, a computer engineer in his early 40's who said he was withdrawing 1,500 new dinars to take a vacation in the United Arab Emirates. "Everywhere you go you find lines. At the supermarket, you find lines. To get petrol for the car, you find lines."

Abdul Hamed al-Atar, a 50-year-old retired Interior Ministry official, said this was the first time he had set foot in a bank since September, and he seemed relieved. "Kuwaits always keep a lot of cash with them," he said as he was handed crisp new piles of money that he stuffed into a small bag. "It's a comfort to have money in my hands."

http://www.nytimes.c...-its-banks.html

• Upvote 4

Well, that should be so easy for you to recognize. Might be the easiest thing you do all day. huh?

Randalin will have to work at something more difficult to try to trick you up. That should not be too hard to do either.

Dang girl.......... I like that........ Tellin' us what you REALLY thinkbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Mak63

It's amassing What they are able to keep of the Internet .....this is to the one that is giving my friend the all the hassle there at the green zone If you have a problem with me telling the truth .......deal with me I know your reading this And you have my phone number

People they watch every thing wrote on this site ........just so they can spin it ......believe it are not it's done .. And I don't work for y'all any more so you can't tell me to keep it quite ..........

SO SPIN THAT

Randall, so when do you think we'll see it here in the US? And what was the rate your friend gave you, thanks.

• Upvote 1

SO SPIN THAT

Atta Way Randall - Stick to your guns - If you believe your pal was straight up with you - I'll stand by you.

If you get a clarification or more details - please share and don't worry about the NEGS!

(I can tell you were typing frantically frustrated from the spelling - even YOU are better than that! LMAO!)

greg

Edited by wavggg
  • Upvote 2

Hahahahahaahahahaah I bet you would like it closed .........I ant Okie ........you can feed him bull S#!t..... Not me

so randalln...... while we sit here and try to decipher your responses............could you try to not be so vague and fill us in on the scoop..........GO DINAR.

• Upvote 1

SO SPIN THAT

If you don't mind me asking, what nationality are you? Just curious.

Not bashing or judging here.........but it has been my observation that Randall has appeared in past posts to be somewhat delusional in his thinking and perhaps expansive in his stories. I think the R/B and vodka got the best of him last night............that can happen, but come on, Randall, give it up man............it didn't happen!!

SO SPIN THAT

Does this thread come with a decoder ring??

• Upvote 2

Just got the call from a friend in Iraq who knows a friend who is a third cousin once removed from Maliki's press secretary. He says Maliki, Shabibi and Saleh are issuing a joint statement today that will go something like this:

"LISTEN YOU KNUCKLEHEADS, THERE WILL NEVER BE AN ARBITRARILY RAISED VALUE OF THE DINAR AGAINST THE DOLLAR, POUND, EURO OR ANY OTHER CURRENCY. YOU THINK WE'RE STUPID? ONLY ISOLATED THIRD WORLD COUNTRIES DO THAT. WE'RE GOING TO HAVE TO EARN OUR PLACE WITH THE BASKET OF CURRENCIES NOW BEING TRADED AND WE'RE GOING TO DO IT THE RIGHT WAY. WE ARE NOT GOING TO DESTROY OUR ECONOMY BY CHARGING 1,000 OF TIMES MORE FOR OUR CURRENCY WHEN IT IS ALREADY OVERPRINTED TO THE TUNE OF 30 TRILLION AND PRACTICALLY WORTHLESS WHILE CAUSING MASSIVE INFLATION FOR OUR PEOPLE AND THE EMPTYING OF OUR FOREIGN RESERVES JUST TO MAKE YOU ALL MILLIONAIRES!!! IS THAT UNDERSTOOD??!!!

Could be a rumor but this is the right forum I believe.

Don't bash the messenger cause I have a positive reputation of +1 :D (not for long) ;)

Hahahahahaahahahaah keep on telling them that fella maybe 1or2 will believe it .........y'all didn't expect that it would catch fire like it has ....hahahahahaahahahaah

Knuckleheads .....hmmmmmm you must be from. 3id. Think that was yalls favorite saying

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Ok, well, I am willing to learn. Here is a NYTimes article dated March 25, 1991 (with link) regarding the Kuwait RV. So do you think that the New York Times mis-reported its information? If so, please show me your link....I'm just trying to learn. Thank you

AFTER THE WAR; No Electricity but Kuwait Reopens Its Banks

No where in that article is a RV implied? The banks were closed from Dec to March. During that time no one knew if the old Kuwait dinars would be honored so people were selling them for little value. People on the streets were selling them, not the banks or the government. Once the banks reopened they were honored at one to one with the new dinars which had a value of 3 something. So officially the old kuwait dinar was never devalued or revalued.

Does this thread come with a decoder ring??

Boy y'all are coming out the woodwork today ........and you thought nov 26 was the busiest shopping day of the year .....hahahahahaahahahaah

No where in that article is a RV implied? The banks were closed from Dec to March. During that time no one knew if the old Kuwait dinars would be honored so people were selling them for little value. People on the streets were selling them, not the banks or the government. Once the banks reopened they were honored at one to one with the new dinars which had a value of 3 something. So officially the old kuwait dinar was never devalued or revalued.

I think you forgot to tell them that all the bills numbered series 90 and under where 3to 1 also don't go changing history on us now some of are still alive that where there

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If you don't mind me asking, what nationality are you? Just curious.

This is a sarcastic and playful response to your question, so please don't take it personally: What nationality do you think Randalin is with a name like Randlin, has friends that run JP Morgan lives behind a gate, across the street from his father, and the nearest neighbor is two miles away, on the other side of the gate? :P And I would guess that there is a huge country club near by.

The point of the article is that a country can be in shambles, and can RV when you least expect that they could.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This is a sarcastic and playful response to your question, so please don't take it personally: What nationality do you think Randalin is with a name like Randlin, has friends that run JP Morgan lives behind a gate, across the street from his father, and the nearest neighbor is two miles away, on the other side of the gate? :P And I would guess that there is a huge country club near by.

Might add that he probably wears a 20x stetson and a pair of Tony Lama's or Lucchese's while in his home state.

Bet he wears Wranglers too! :lmao::woot:

• Upvote 2

Uhm, I guess it is how you perceive the article as it is written or typed up.

Old KWD was devluated to absolutely being worthless if you had a bad serial #.

Also, street value, was driven down due to fears of people assuming it may be worth nothing.. They fled to a different currency to protect themselves.

Long story short, those that held out (came out ahead) those that sold off their savings for pennies on the dollar) lost money..

Banks did not have to worry about any increase or decrease of liabilities that existed. (if anything, they liabilties decreased as some legit old KWD was not counterfeited)

Well I think it's done now if what my friend says is true all we have to worry about is who is giving the best rate

Randalln,

I appreciate your effort to keep us informed on possible good news with this post. You have posted a simple rumor which uses "i think" and "if what my friend says is true" so I don't see why the stir and 17 plus pages of very critical commentary.

Thanks

• Upvote 2

SO SPIN THAT

If the rate was changed in iraq why the cbi will hide it ? what do you mean by "believe it are not it's done" ?

thank you in advanced

The point of the article is that a country can be in shambles, and can RV when you least expect that they could.

Hahaha we shut that country club down years ago .....that is now a huge mud-x track and fishing pond the younger generation from my youth didn't get the ball and stick stuff so we rode our motorcycles all over it till it was just right and it's been that way every since 79

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1