Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Bill Maher: Jesus Just ******* Tim Tebow Bad

delta22

Would it had offended you if he used Buddha?

Yes, it would have offended me.

Doubt it, that was what the Hindu reference was about.

Duh!

No, I don't believe I am wrong about most christians in America when dealing with OUR freedom of religion. I mean, isn't it the ONE religion and all others are false and non-believers are doomed to hellfire and brimstone and we as believers should spread our beliefs in missions on foreign lands?

I don't believe that. I also believe, there will be many people from different religions in heaven, but their common thread will be their belief in Jesus.

....And you have no issue with other religions? blink.gif

None. As a matter of fact, I grew up as a Catholic

And btw, that's my wife on the left, I'd take him to get his eyes checked.

Why? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And, It's his opinion, right?

And how in the world was that equivalent?! blink.gif

Because they both used freedom of speech to offend

Bill Maher is a SHOCK JOCK, he makes news and people tune in to see what he will say next, he makes money, it gives him satisfaction. I never read the tweet, but somehow I know about it...think about it. I have never tweeted in my life, I have never watched Bill Maher, but I was informed by the media about it to stir up something. We give his words weight by repeating them....look past your own nose and realize that our freedoms mean somebody at sometime will get offended. I think that Tebow was the target of his vile, not Jesus, because of all the media this overrated TE in a wildcat formation has recieved just because of his religious devotions, not his talent. I cannot ban Bill Maher or HBO because I watch neither...can you? That is how you respond.

Freedom of speech should be used towards good and protecting our rights, not hurting and offending others. Bill Maher was attacking Christianity and I'm sure Tebow as well. I guess in his mind, he must be the genius, he got where he is by not relying on Jesus. And, why should he have targeted Tebow, btw? FYI, I don't watch tv nor movies.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Freedom of speech should be used towards good and protecting our rights, not hurting and offending others. Bill Maher was attacking Christianity and I'm sure Tebow as well. I guess in his mind, he must be the genius, he got where he is by not relying on Jesus. And, why should he have targeted Tebow, btw? FYI, I don't watch tv nor movies.

How can you tell someone what freedom of speech should be used for??? Honestly, I don't care either way, but I do like a good debate. I hope not to offend.

Edited by typhoidfvr
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

How can you tell someone what freedom of speech should be used for??? tongue.gif

If you are any kind of civilized lifeform, that's what freedom of speech SHOULD be used for. Otherwise, go for it, just don't cry, threaten lawsuits, shoot somebody, when you are held accountable for what you say. wink.gif

No offense, taken here.

• Downvote 1

Are you saying that you don't believe yours is the only right religion? blink.gif

No, I was asking you a question as to why you have such a low opinion of Christians. You have to had developed that opinion by some means, and that is why I asked. My apologies, my intention wasn't to offend but to gather information so I could better understand your position.

But to answer your question, I believe the Bible is the Word of God and I believe its contents in its entirity. In the Bible, there are many verses that say there is only ONE True God, and any other god is a false god, made up by humans. The Bible is about Jesus of Nazareth, aka Jesus Christ. The Old Testament tells of his coming, and in the New Testament Jesus tells us that He is the Way, The Truth and the Life, and no one comes to the Father except through him.

-

• Upvote 3

typhoid dude, the real issue is not whether someone believes their faith or religion is the only correct one but that when you intentionally attack someone's faith in a degrading and disrespectful way that you cross the line.

This would never be politically correct to do so if this was pointed toward the muslim religion today. The news networks, and papers would have a hay-day with it.

The real prejudice and hypocrisy is that it has become politically correct to show extreme acceptance and compassion toward other religions but has become more and more acceptable to show intolerance for Christianity at the same time.

I am no doubt a person of deeply committed faith in Christ but am not mean spirited or disrespectful toward people of other faiths. To answer the question: I do absolutely believe they are wrong and I am right. But that never gives me the arrogance or self-righteousness to treat them with disrespect or lack of compassion.

Maher's disrespect and blasphemy toward Tebow, his faith, and all who believe as he believes is hate-mongering at its worst

GP weighing in

• Upvote 5

Arguing with hedonists will get you nowhere. They defend moral and immoral issues, whichever suits their argument at a given time, place and situation. They are not credible and cannot stand on their own arguments. They have NOTHING in their amoral character that presents any consistancy. And, when they debate they often contridict themselves and trip over their own toungue and look like fools! This is the what we have today with people who try to defend idiots like Mahers!

Ask them..., can Maher get away with using such rhetoric on a religious radical sect? I say he won't! Soooo..., he's just a sleazy coward who hides under a rock and slithers into the open whenever he feels like it, just like he did a few days ago when he used inciteful and hurtful words against folks who celebrated a Holy Day (Christmas). What was his reasoning? Think about it :blink: And for those who defend him you may want to reconsider your point of view!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

First, I don't agree with what Maher said at all! It merely began as a debate of freedom of speech/ religion. I stated he does not believe in Christ and is a shock jock. That is what he is paid to do. Second, If Tebow was Budddhist and he said that Buddha was really putting it to Tebow...no shock value, no uproar, no media blitz, no money for Maher. Third, we give his words weight when we go on incessantly (as we did here) versus just tuning him out and disconnecting from what supports him. No fan base...no Bill. I did feel the need to go on defense when Dogmatic made it personal about my wife for just stating the other side of the argument. But to answer her, Yes, it would be his opinion and freedom of speech and I would think no better of him than I do Maher. Thing would be that I could express my freedoms too and it would not upset millions of people or make the news, so I still do not see the equivalent. Poor argument. Fourth, I do not have anything against the christian religion, was once one myself, but had issues forgiving someone (as Christ forgave me so that I may enter the kingdom of Heaven)...my own issue. I am a proud American and love my freedoms, but I understand in order for me to have them other will to and what they choose to do with them I cannot control. I can only control how I react to them...so that is how Bill Maher chooses to make his living...I pity him.

Edited by typhoidfvr
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Political Correctness/Christian Faith Bashing has become popular because all the others start crying right off; we Christians have allowed them to think of

us as quite little door mats. We need to turn Political Correctness around and

call foul when this sort thing happens! :rolleyes:

• Upvote 2

SENSATIONISM

Like other shock jock radio people... He did that to stir up controversy and what all of you are saying.

This is a move to have people talking about him. His rating will sky rocket. In other words this is exactly what he wanted and knew previous to making his stupid or wrongful or politically disgusting remarks.

I hate to say it but the man is very smart. His points are USUALLY accurate (not always). And right now he is feeding and winning off all of the outrage.

Similar to how Charlie Sheen did. His off the wall antics made him a TON of money.

I personally dont like this way of becoming popular or making money or creating buzz but I will say it is working.

I wish all of you the best holiday season. Please dont get mad at me for saying this. :mellow:

You hit the nail right on the head...there is no such thing as bad press...His ratings are going to go thru the roof

• Upvote 1

First, I don't agree with what Maher said at all! It merely began as a debate of freedom of speech/ religion. I stated he does not believe in Christ and is a shock jock. That is what he is paid to do. Second, If Tebow was Budddhist and he said that Buddha was really putting it to Tebow...no shock value, no uproar, no media blitz, no money for Maher. Third, we give his words weight when we go on incessantly (as we did here) versus just tuning him out and disconnecting from what supports him. No fan base...no Bill. I did feel the need to go on defense when Dogmatic made it personal about my wife for just stating the other side of the argument. But to answer her, Yes, it would be his opinion and freedom of speech and I would think no better of him than I do Maher. Thing would be that I could express my freedoms too and it would not upset millions of people or make the news, so I still do not see the equivalent. Poor argument. Fourth, I do not have anything against the christian religion, was once one myself, but had issues forgiving someone (as Christ forgave me so that I may enter the kingdom of Heaven)...my own issue. I am a proud American and love my freedoms, but I understand in order for me to have them other will to and what they choose to do with them I cannot control. I can only control how I react to them...so that is how Bill Maher chooses to make his living...I pity him.

You don't think that what Bill Maher said about Tebow's God wasn't offensive to him? I brought your wife up, hypothetically, wasn't saying she is plain, fat and ugly. Just said, what if your neighbor thought that she was....? No need to get defensive about that. Did Tebow get defensive, no he turned the other cheek, like a good Christian man. I don't care what you say, an offensive remark is just that. It is equivalent, in my mind. There is nothing wrong with expressing one's thoughts, but it's not nice to hurt someone and or a group of people. If someone is going to open their mouth with intent to be malicious, then they should be held accountable. So, the backlash that Maher is experiencing is well deserved. As I said previously, we all have a right to our own freedom of speech. Just because someone pipes up and spouts hatred, doesn't mean we should all sit back and keep our mouths shut! The only people that will be watching Bill Maher will be those that like him to begin with. I'll never turn on the tv, to see what he has to say, he brings nothing of value to the table.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Fourth, I do not have anything against the christian religion, was once one myself, but had issues forgiving someone (as Christ forgave me so that I may enter the kingdom of Heaven)...my own issue.

You do know that forgiveness is for our benefit and not for the person we are forgiving? If we don't forgive, that gives Satan power over us, and it would be a shame to lose your soul to Satan and let him win. You seem like an intelligent man, you should understand that.

Ephesians 6:12

For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.

-

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I do disagree with the point that Maher's statement will definitely make him more popular. Radical and hateful statements against any religion is a very sensitive area and networks and sponsors often fear the reprisal that it may bring them. It is an area where pressure from the public can be applied with much influence.

Charlie Sheen got fired from his show 2.5 Men, Hank Williams fired from Monday night football, ect..

typhoid, I do see what you are saying but respectfully disagree on one point.

Freedom of speech is at the very core of the freedoms we hold dear. I respect Maher's right to disagree and his right to say so.

I cannot respect his language, disrespect, or hateful bashing of Tebow or Christianity.

Thank you for your contribution and I am sincerely sorry that you were hurt so deeply by another that it has affected your faith.

Best of wishes to you my friend.

Sincerely,

GP

• Upvote 3

I do disagree with the point that Maher's statement will definitely make him more popular. Radical and hateful statements against any religion is a very sensitive area and networks and sponsors often fear the reprisal that it may bring them. It is an area where pressure from the public can be applied with much influence.

Charlie Sheen got fired from his show 2.5 Men, Hank Williams fired from Monday night football, ect..

Freedom of speech is at the very core of the freedoms we hold dear. I respect Maher's right to disagree and his right to say so.

I cannot respect his language, disrespect, or hateful bashing of Tebow or Christianity.

Thank you for your contribution and I am sincerely sorry that you were hurt so deeply by another that it has affected your faith.

Sincerely,

GP

What GP said..

• Upvote 1

You hit the nail right on the head...there is no such thing as bad press...His ratings are going to go thru the roof

Thanks for the understanding. The man is a genius. What he USUALLY SAYS is great. But I REALLY STRONGLY believe he did this on purpose and look... It worked.

You do not need to believe in his point of views or how he went about this. It si clearly a LOW BLOW and many are taking personal offense. He is surely walking to the bank laughing.

I know he is, even if you think I am wrong... He might need to add a few body guards but other then that he is fine. I have heard him say things which were over the top wrong before and he would smirk. He is doing all of this on purpose.

It is the nature of his work and comedy and image and position... The best part is people are talking and expressing their thoughts. IN FACT this has done more for the Christian belief than anything resently.

THINK ABOUT IT?

Peace my fellow Dinar holders. Pray for an RV soon...

Sincerely,

GP

I agree it is wrong and should not be sluffed off BUT he did this on purpose. I am 100% sure of it. It isnt his first.

ALSO Charlie Sheen made a fortune off his crazy antics. He didnt as much get fired as quit... When you tell you boss to shove it you know fairly well you will get fired.

The writing was already on the wall for him and he knew it. He made so much off all that craziness and exposure that it isnt even funny! In fact it is a sick way to self promote.

YET, even if we agree that the ways are over the top the end result is still THEY MADE OUT! They made BIG money off of these antics.

Not everyone on your list but these two did.

Our society is not well. It is into SHOCK. Call it bad laws or demoralization of society or even the devil. Regardless is that our sick world THRIVES off of bad news.

Why do you think that people slow down at an accident scene? To drive carefully? No! Most want to see what happened. Next time you are in that situation question yourself.

I hope we all are able to see the frailness and weakness in our selves and society and HOPEFULLY after this RV happens we will have a stronger voice to create changes that are healthy.

PEACE

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

When you flip by his show and see the dumb a**es on there that think he is witty and funny, you get to narrow down your TV and Movies list of what not to watch !!!!

So true!

Now, it's not nice to call other people names, Mamma didn't raise me like that,

but suffice to say BM (apt initials) is using oxygen better spent on the rest of humanity. <_<

• Upvote 2

I dont think anyone should be this upsed about something BM said. As someone else already stated its something you would expect from people like him and howard stern. But it is his right to say what he wants. He wasnt poking fun at Jesus or Christians, he was poking fun at Tebow, who btw i believe does his "Tobowing" to get a bigger fan base. Someone who was really in it for the religious aspects wouldnt have to stop what hes doing after everything decent he does and get on 1 knee. Also the people who are jumping on the "Hes gonna burn in hell" train should learn to take things like this a little less seriously and should enjoy life more. You cant possibly get enjoyment out of sitting behind a computer screen typing out bible verses at people who are doing what they do for a living... making jokes. If you dont like the jokes, move on.. No one specifically called out Jesus or Christianity... they called out a d-bag who likes being on his knees.. ha ..So relax.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I don't respect Maher. I think he is a moron. Maher's choice of words were very poor, and he should get everything that is fired his way for that choice. However, people have said Jesus has "helped" Tebow win games...so where was Jesus in such a bad performance. The answer is in faith, bad things happen to people because if it was all easy than there is no need for faith. The problem for a lot of people is that when you give God credit for Tebow and the Broncos winning, then what do you do when Tebow and the Broncos come up short or have a really bad game. Maybe we should just give Tebow credit for his good and his bad. Because we invite comments like Maher's when we bring God/Jesus into the conversation. I don't want to believe in a God that spends his time impacting football games. There are too many other troubles in the world where God's efforts would do more good. So if people quit giving God credit for Tebow then no one would try and question faith or God when Tebow struggles.

Maher was wrong and is a moron and that did not start with this particular comment. However, the more we talk about it the more we fuel Maher. Millions of people watch him and he has the mic, he gets the last word on his show and the people that watch do so because he is controversial. He will take all the outrage toward this comment and make it work for him. If we said "what a moron" and moved on he would get nothing. But, sadly we give him power by spending all this time and effort to try and put him down.

Edited by edbigkahuna
  • Upvote 3

I GOT BLASTED BY THE EXTREMIST RIGHT WINGERS THAT ARE SITTING BY AND WATCHING THIS COUNTRY BECOME A SOCIALIST NATION, WTH...THIS IS A DINAR BOARD NOT A PLACE FOR FAR RIGHT TO SPEW THERE BULLSHIT

dinar_millions, please define

1. what you consider to be "extremist right wingers"

2. what are they doing specifically to watch this country become a socialist nation?

Most people I have heard seem to agree that it is the far left that is trying to make our country socialistic.

I am trying to understand your post.

Thank you GP

• Upvote 2

I dont think anyone should be this upsed about something BM said. As someone else already stated its something you would expect from people like him and howard stern. But it is his right to say what he wants. He wasnt poking fun at Jesus or Christians, he was poking fun at Tebow, who btw i believe does his "Tobowing" to get a bigger fan base. Someone who was really in it for the religious aspects wouldnt have to stop what hes doing after everything decent he does and get on 1 knee. Also the people who are jumping on the "Hes gonna burn in hell" train should learn to take things like this a little less seriously and should enjoy life more. You cant possibly get enjoyment out of sitting behind a computer screen typing out bible verses at people who are doing what they do for a living... making jokes. If you dont like the jokes, move on.. No one specifically called out Jesus or Christianity... they called out a d-bag who likes being on his knees.. ha ..So relax.

Just so you know, the Bible specifically states that we will be held accountable for EVERY idle word we speak. It doesn't matter whether it is a Joke or not. Words have power, and you, I and Bill Maher will be judged by the words that come out of our mouths.

1. Matthew 12:36
    And I tell you this, you must give an account on judgment day for every idle word you speak.

-

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

When you flip by his show and see the dumb a**es on there that think he is witty and funny, you get to narrow down your TV and Movies list of what not to watch !!!!

You tell em littlefeet...you are correct as all the rest of the posters...he is a dirtbag and definitely not funny or entertaining...a real tv moron

• Upvote 2

You tell em littlefeet...you are correct as all the rest of the posters...he is a dirtbag and definitely not funny or entertaining...a real tv moron

Somewhere, someone laughed at BM's "joke". However, I am more concerned the message he sent to the viewers is that to believe in Jesus Christ is the real joke because Mr. Tebow's faith did not help the Broncos win a football game! His arrogance is sad and I pray that Mr. Maher doesn't get hit by lightening on a sunny day!

• Upvote 1