Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Is it really true?

iqdheadlines

Is it really true that the economic sanctions of CH VII have already been lifted?

If this is the case, then Iraq doesn't need to be fully out of CH VII so they can RV their currency.

Is it really true that Iraq needs to be a full member of the WTO so they can RV their currency?

If this is the case, then Iraq needs to have: (1) Fully completed GOI (2) HCL voted and passed and implemented (3) Become a full member of the WTO.

So the above (3) things have to be completed before the RV can even happen (Remember Shabibi said, "I won't raise the value of the dinar until I see a fully completed and seated GOI").

And maybe the Erbil and Article 140 implemented if not already.B)

Edited by iqdheadlines

I honestly don't think anyone has a clue as to what needs to be done before they RV. Just do it already

Well I know for sure that we must have a fully completed and seated GOI for an RV to occur because that is what Shabibi said himself.B)

Don't forget that I was asking a main and very important question and that was "Have the economic sanctions of CH VII been lifted yet"?

Edited by iqdheadlines

From what I have read, there were three items that needed to be implemented before chapter 7 sanctions woud be totally lifted.

One of these was an RV. I don't recall if the other two have been completed as yet. To the question regarding the WTO, I don't think they have to be a member in order to RV since they can RV at any time and as far as I have seen, it is not a condition for acceptance.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Iraq must join the IMF if the IQD is to be accepted as a viable tradable currency on the world FOREX. It don't have to be completely out of Chapter 7 to join the WTO but it would help. Iraq will host the WTO, OPEC & Arab League Conferences in 2012 & will more than likely be accepted full membership in all organizations. The RV will probably occur before these events to further solitify it's position & acceptance.

The USA-UN-Kuwait are working around the clock to get Iraq out of Chapter 7. Kuwait will host a meeting this week with Iraqi officials to resolve outstanding issues.

You can get more information from the Kuwait Times & Arab News in English & on line.

Edited by Luigi1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Well I know for sure that we must have a fully completed and seated GOI for an RV to occur because that is what Shabibi said himself.B)

Don't forget that I was asking a main and very important question and that was "Have the economic sanctions of CH VII been lifted yet"?

All economic sanctions were lifted December 10 2010 only the ones concerning Kuwait now apply. and their not really sanctions, but must be completed for the complete lifting of chapter 7.

I don't think they have to RV to be released from chapter 7, I know the gurus say that but they say alot of things...

Your right but it would help to be out of Chapter 7. It won't be in Iraq's best interst to RV in Chapter 7 with claims & liens still on it. Get Chapter 7 done. Then be in position to RV at a better rate. This would make the IQD stronger.

Edited by Luigi1

IMO, my gut tells me they must become a member of the WTO as well before RV so that the ISX can be internationally traded and it will all happen at once..what happens to my stock if the dinar RV's and and ISX can't do anything because Iraq is not in the WTO for ISX to become international? Any thoughts out there on this opinion?

Please Explain what the Humanitarian Sanctions with Kuwait are about...I know this is why the UN security Counsil refused to give iraq what they asked for....Just trying to learn...Chevysmemaw

smile.gif

Hopefully someone who really knows will answer this one. I will try but I am not sure if I am right ... so whoever else really does know can correct me and inform you.

:)

Iraq made war on Kuwait. For that they owe Kuwait money reparations, and that has been part of the financial sanctions on Iraq. They have been paying it off some I believe but think there is something also to do with all the oil money coming into the country going elsewhere so part can be taken first to fulfil this Kuwait obligation.

Then there are also Humanitarian Sanctions which I believe in every case, no matter which country owes those reparations to whichever other country, it is never the same, not just money as in the financial reparations. In this case it seems to hinge, at least in part, on Iraq finding and handing over all the bones of all the Kuwaitis who were lost in that war, on the Iraq side of the border. That is my understanding. Now you and I are about as informed, or ill informed as each other. And this is where I hope someone who knows much better than we do will tell use what it all is actually about.

:)

smee2

• Upvote 1

There is no restriction on the value of the currency under any CH7 sanctions.....look back at the history of the dinar, it has gone up and down several times the past 2 decades under sanctions.....

Its mostly just guru talk that they must RV in order to get out of CH7 or that they cant RV until they are released....

So it really doesnt matter if they lifted them all yet or not, even though it is still hanging over them at least until they get the land disputes settled with kuwait...I dont think that they will keep them under until they are completely finished paying off Kuwait....

• Upvote 2

Iraq must join the IMF if the IQD is to be accepted as a viable tradable currency on the world FOREX.

Don't really understand that statement, considering that Iraq has been a member of the IMF since 1945 and their membership is also the reason that they have been allowed to obtain the stand-by agreement funds (loans).