Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Dr. Stephen Jones

12/27/2011

Iraq's political crisis and its effect on the dinar

As we are coming to the end of December, it is time to assess the situation in Iraq and to see how it may affect the revaluation of the dinar.

Two weeks ago the UN Security Council decided against removing the remaining sanctions from Iraq. They will consider it again in June. The question now is whether Iraq must be out of Chapter VII first, or if they must revalue first, as many are saying. I have no personal information on this, one way or another.

When the last of the US forces pulled out of Iraq on Dec. 18, the country immediately went into a political crisis. PM Maliki apparently induced his favorite Supreme Court judge to issue an arrest warrant for Vice President Hashemi, accusing him of terrorism. It is reported that Maliki lied, claiming that all 5 of the Justices had signed the warrant, when in fact only one judge had done so, and the others claimed ignorance of the whole thing.

Hashemi fled to Kurdistan, demanding that any trial be held there, instead of at Baghdad where Maliki could influence the outcome. Maliki's political coalition is now being held together by a thread, as many are talking about ousting him and even calling for new elections.

If this is the way they go, then it seems likely that the country will remain under UN sanctions, since they are looking for "political stability" before they give Iraq full independence. There have been a lot of media moments this past month in which Pres. Obama and others recognize Iraq's "sovereignty" and "independence." However, that is just talk until the paperwork is signed. Even so, there is a report that the paperwork is supposed to be signed Dec. 28.

So what does the current state of affairs mean? Well, at the start of December, I saw that we had entered a type of Passover, particularly in the idea of "coming out of Egypt." When Israel came out of Egypt, they left with a bit of cash. Therefore, it was a good time to watch for the dinar revaluation.

The problem is that in the law there are two Passovers (Num. 9:9-11), each a month apart. So if we extend that law to our current prophetic situation, then the second Passover would occur about now--the end of December. So we are again at a time to watch events closely.

In the big picture, Iraq is a type of Babylon. Iraq was formed in 1921, and it fell to the coalition forces 70 years later in the first Gulf War in 1991.

The second Gulf War in 2003 was equally interesting, as the overthrow of Hussein occurred 70 years after 1933, when the banks foreclosed upon the US government, putting our own country under the full authority of Mystery Babylon. So it is clear that Iraq is interconnected with 70-year prophetic patterns of Scripture.

I have written in the past that I do not expect to see PM Maliki remain in office much longer. Maliki is a word derived from melek, "king," and so he is currently playing the role of Belshazzar, the final king of old Babylon (Dan. 5). When Babylon fell, Belshazzar was killed; hence, when Iraq falls in our day, Maliki will either be killed or perhaps just ousted from his position as head of state.

The revaluation correlates prophetically with the diversion of the Euphrates, which occurs just prior to the fall of Babylon. The Euphrates was the life blood of Babylon, its source of life. Modern Babylon is primarily a banking system, and its life blood is money. Money is liquidity, the "river" running through the banking system.

The Euphrates was dried up by diverting the water into channels upstream, allowing the troops of Media-Persia to enter the city on the dry riverbed. So prophetically, in Rev. 16, it is prophesied that the angel will dry up the river Euphrates in order to prepare the way for the kings of the East. This portends the downfall of Babylon today, even as it did back in Daniel's time.

It is my view that the diversion of the river today is the revaluation of the dinar (money). In Scripture, this is the final event before the change in government over Babylon.

We are now seeing Maliki's coalition threatened like never before. There are calls for new elections. Many have lost confidence in his leadership. Many call him a dictator and compare him to Saddam Hussein. Certainly, the old divisions between Sunni, Kurds, and Shia are cracking the foundations of this coalition and splitting them into three parts (as per Rev. 16).

The imminence of Maliki's downfall shows us that we are very close to the revaluation, because, if I am reading the prophetic types correctly, we should see the revaluation before Maliki's downfall. Or perhaps nearly at the same time.

Those who look merely at the political situation are becoming discouraged, thinking that his downfall could push the revaluation out another six months or a year. By normal political analysis, I might agree. But I look at things from a more prophetic standpoint. Hence, my view is that we will see the revaluation before or about the same time that Maliki is killed or expelled from office.

He could receive a no-confidence vote in Parliament and be forced to call for new elections. If things went normally, as in most other countries, he could remain in office until after the elections. If that proves to be the case, we may have to wait until the first or second Passover next Spring. But I do not think this is a normal situation. I have found throughout the past that nothing is normal when it is linked to spiritual things and/or prophetic types.

For this reason, I view Maliki's political problems as evidence that the revaluation is drawing near. The unknown factor is how long Maliki can survive these problems. The heat has been turned up, however, and we should watch this with interest.

To finish out the prophetic story. . . Revelation 16 indicates that some time after the Euphrates is dried up, Babylon will fall and then split into three parts. The natural fault lines of Babylon are the regional borders between the Kurds in the north, the Sunnis in the middle, and the Shia in the south. It seems to me that whatever happens to Maliki will bring about this three-way split, but not immediately.

It will naturally take time for the country to split like this. The process may get started almost immediately, of course, but the formal split would take weeks or months. There will still be a window of opportunity for those invested in dinars between the revaluation and the national split. Of course, when the nation splits into three parts, it is not likely that they will agree to share a common currency as before. For this reason, I believe that a few months after the revaluation, the currency will be repudiated and become worthless as it is replaced by three separate currencies.

So it might be a good idea to cash in all the revalued dinars, instead of holding on to a portion of them in hopes that they might increase in value later. But if you do hold on to some of them, just be watchful of the political situation in Iraq. Watch for signs of collapse. Don't be caught with dinars if and when that occurs.

Understand, however, that there will be an adequate window of time in which to cash out of dinars into dollars or whatever other currency or store of value that you choose. Meanwhile, stay balanced and do all things by faith, never by fear.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

They have attempted to assassinate Maliki once.

Thanks for the post, very interesting read when you put in a prophetic standpoint.

"Understand, however, that there will be an adequate window of time in which to cash out of dinars into dollars or whatever other currency or store of value that you choose. Meanwhile, stay balanced and do all things by faith, never by fear."

Stephen,

Your article is good untill you get to your understanding of the biblical prophecy's. The Babylon spoken of in the Bible book of Revelation is symbolic of the world empire of False Religion. She is spoken of as a Harlot that rides upon the backs of the Kings of the earth. She commits Spiritual Fornication with these same Kings of the earth (Rev 17:1-6). I will not address you as Dr Stephen Jones as if you have a degree in theology. It is evident that maybe you need to go back to school or better yet, ask God for Holy Spirit that will unlock the understanding in the book of Revelation for you. You really missed the boat on this one. Sorry to be so direct, but interpretations like yours make Christians look ignorant. Gods word should be allowed to interpret itself for the honest hearted, and not co-mingled with financial profit making.

Sincerly,Respectfully,

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

Stephen,

Your article is good untill you get to your understanding of the biblical prophecy's. The Babylon spoken of in the Bible book of Revelation is symbolic of the world empire of False Religion. She is spoken of as a Harlot that rides upon the backs of the Kings of the earth. She commits Spiritual Fornication with these same Kings of the earth (Rev 17:1-6). I will not address you as Dr Stephen Jones as if you have a degree in theology. It is evident that maybe you need to go back to school or better yet, ask God for Holy Spirit that will unlock the understanding in the book of Revelation for you. You really missed the boat on this one. Sorry to be so direct, but interpretations like yours make Christians look ignorant. Gods word should be allowed to interpret itself for the honest hearted, and not co-mingled with financial profit making.

Sincerly,Respectfully,

Dr. Jones didn't post the article.

Stephen,

Sincerly,Respectfully,

Unified someone neg you..I plus you and evened you out. Nothing wrong with a different view or even being corrected on biblical interpretation. The book of revelation doesn't mention false religion when addressing Babylon. It does address spiritual fornication as you wrote. Spiritual fornication can include the love of money, greed and can become a false god. We tend to think that this Babylon is...let's say the Cath church, new age, or any other false teacher, doctrine flavor off the month. What they all have in common is money. The financial system we all are connected to...that is about to collapse. Am I wrong? Maybe. I keep an open mind. I've noticed that over the years my theology has changed in small incremental ways. I think it's normal. If something is outside my BOX, instead of throwing out I carefully consider it. Happy new year!!!

This is Dr Stephen Jones website http://gods-kingdom-ministries.org/

Im not sure anyone on the planet has the book of revelations figured out.

OBE,

I'm sorry I got the poster wrong. And Don't be so sure there are not those on the planet who have accurate insight into the book of Revelation. It would be a cruel God that would have authored a book providing salvation to the honesthearted. Only to have it remain a mystery....:)

• Upvote 1

OBE,

I'm sorry I got the poster wrong. And Don't be so sure there are not those on the planet who have accurate insight into the book of Revelation. It would be a cruel God that would have authored a book providing salvation to the honesthearted. Only to have it remain a mystery....:)

Salvation comes from accepting Christ as your saviour, there is no mystery on that point...I think that's the one thing Christians can agree on. : )

• Upvote 6

OBE,

The Old Testament also had a mystery, and that was Jesus and salvation. Nobody understood what had happened when Jesus was crucified and buried. Not until Jesus Himself revealed the mystery to us (after the completion of events) after His resurrection when He explained it when He joined the 2 men traveling down the road pondering what had happened. It was at that time He told of why everything that had happened needed to happen and explained the Old Testament mystery....

I believe Revelations is the same way. It is a mystery that will not be completely revealed until all the events come to pass. Salvation is no longer a mystery and that truly is all that really matters. How the end times come about doesn't really matter to me. I know that I will be with Him either way. Babylon as a symbol or an actual place.... whatever. I'm not going to drive a wedge between other believers arguing a mystery.... I'll talk about the finer points of salvation till I'm blue the face though.... :) :) :)

• Upvote 2

Wookie is right.

Plus Revelation was written to encourage the Christians who wwre being thrown to the lions and having their heads chopped off to the entertainment of a very evil empire called Rome. The christians needed a word of encouragement therefore God called John, the writer of Revelation, to record what he SAW. What he saw was signs of Christian victry over evil. The true messaage of Revelation is that God will bring victory to every Christian and every part of evil will be punished for eternity.

According to God through the book of Revelation is : THINGS ARE NOT WHAT THEY SEEM. It may seem like evil is winning the daily victory, but the day of God's promises are coming.

Rome may kill you = but don't worry if you are fatihful to God even if they kill you you go right to victory in Jesus. READ: REVELATION 17:14; 19:1-9

Revelation 1:3 and 1:19 - the time was near/at hand not 2000 yrs away.

Yes a thousand yrs are like a day to the Lord 2 Peter 3:8-11. The people of Peter's day was making fun of christians because they thought God was not keeping His promise to Come again. Read the whole chapter.

Wookie is right.

It hurts the true nature of God to say his word says something that it does not say. What would it help the christians of the first century who were being killed merciliessly just for BEING a follower of Jesus. WELL, IN THE YEAR 2012 THIS OR THAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN - NOT MUCH HELP FOR THE MOMENT. HOW UNFAIR.

As far as this investment is concerned leave God out, accept for a personal understanding that God does not want people to have any other God (and money is a god for some) before HIM.

Sorry I just had to say what I have said. :):mellow:

• Upvote 4

As far as this investment is concerned leave God out, accept for a personal understanding that God does not want people to have any other God (and money is a god for some) before HIM.

Amen KrispyKreme smile.gif

If you consider yourself to be a Christian, how can you leave God out of this investment, when he instructs us to pray about everything? God wants to be in every aspect and part of our lives. How can you shut him out like that???

Philippians 4:6 (NLT)

6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you

need, and thank him for all he has done.

• Upvote 6

If you consider yourself to be a Christian, how can you leave God out of this investment, when he instructs us to pray about everything? God wants to be in every aspect and part of our lives. How can you shut him out like that???

Well said.

• Upvote 1

Wookie is right.

Plus Revelation was written to encourage the Christians who wwre being thrown to the lions and having their heads chopped off to the entertainment of a very evil empire called Rome. The christians needed a word of encouragement therefore God called John, the writer of Revelation, to record what he SAW. What he saw was signs of Christian victry over evil. The true messaage of Revelation is that God will bring victory to every Christian and every part of evil will be punished for eternity.

According to God through the book of Revelation is : THINGS ARE NOT WHAT THEY SEEM. It may seem like evil is winning the daily victory, but the day of God's promises are coming.

Rome may kill you = but don't worry if you are fatihful to God even if they kill you you go right to victory in Jesus. READ: REVELATION 17:14; 19:1-9

Revelation 1:3 and 1:19 - the time was near/at hand not 2000 yrs away.

Yes a thousand yrs are like a day to the Lord 2 Peter 3:8-11. The people of Peter's day was making fun of christians because they thought God was not keeping His promise to Come again. Read the whole chapter.

Wookie is right.

It hurts the true nature of God to say his word says something that it does not say. What would it help the christians of the first century who were being killed merciliessly just for BEING a follower of Jesus. WELL, IN THE YEAR 2012 THIS OR THAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN - NOT MUCH HELP FOR THE MOMENT. HOW UNFAIR.

Sorry I just had to say what I have said. :):mellow:

I'm not religious type person but well said. I would not think money and a God should be mentioned in the same sentence. You shouldn't need money to have a God in your life, nor does a God owe you any monetary gains. I believe it to be sacrilege to mention God and this IQD investment in the same sentence but that is my opinion only and each and every one of you is entitled to yours.I hope you are not disappointed in God if this does not pan out.

The book of Revelation is Christian code written to the early churches who were being persecuted by the Romans. Christians were living under the domination of Roman and the disciple John gave them encouragement through writing this secretly coded piece for them. 666 stood for the Beast and is translated as Caesar! Interesting that the last paragraph of the Bible says there is a Tree of Life that reaches across the river in Heaven. The birds (representing all nations) will come and perch in it and there will be world peace. Now that is a vision! Actually, the statement about money and God in the same sentence is very true. Jesus talked about money more than any other topic. We, with this rv, should we see it in our lifetime, had better remember that we are meant to share. We had better vote for and work for policies that bring about sharing. That is the goal of the kingdom of God. I think the rv is meant to help the world shake up the way money is horded and help us share.

Edited by HopeTas
  • Upvote 1

With so many people losing homes and struggling with finances in this current world, don't you think it saddens God to watch. I truley believe he is involved in this investment if only to test us with our intentions of goodwill. If there is to be an Armagedeon don't you think he is going to help with provisions for us to choose for ourselves to be prepared. Just something to think about.

• Upvote 2

I am certainly not an expert on the Book of Revelaion - but I do know that our Lord wants us to prosper- even in the monetary sense.

Matthew 25:14-30 tells us of the Parable of the Talents. The 3 servants are all entrusted, and it is the 2 servants who double the money that are told

"is lord said to him, "Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a few things, I will set you over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord."

— Matthew 25:23,

I take it at face value - money itself is not a bad thing, and investments (or in our case, a speculation) are neither good or bad. Rather, it is the greed that is the problem.

'For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs.

- 1 Timothy 6:10

So I have no problem prayng to the Lord for money or blessing me with riches if it is His will. It is an aspect of our life - and like all aspects or our life, He should be a part in all things. Part of it is understanding His will for us. Like I tell my daughters....God answers all prayers...but just you your dad, sometimes he answers "No" because he has a better understanding or plan for you.

Just my :twocents:

• Upvote 1

*BINGO* i believe my steps are ordered by the Lord and this is in accordance to His Word. from my marriage to employment to finances to life's everyday occurrences. He promised that "ALL things work together to the good of them who love Him and are called according to His purpose."

"Remember the Lord your God, for it is He who gives you the ability to produce wealth" Deut 8 : 18

However I will say, just as I told a friend of mine a few days back, God will bless me BUT it might not come through an rv. I will not put God in a box nor will I act as if an RV is my saving grace. God is my saving grace and He is the source of everything I have ever gotten. The second I begin to rely on politicians, bankers and world government to bless me is the second that I lose my blessing. God is not a man that He must lie neither is He the son of man that He must repent. If He ever told you that He is going to bless you, you can take it to the bank. His Word is more stable than all the world economies combined.

So I live by faith....by my works. So I invest my earnings, I go to work everyday, I research and study where to place the talents God has placed in my stewardship, I'm faithful to church, I'm faithful to my spouse. But I do not look for success to come through my research. I look for Him to bless the fruit of my hands and my home. And I rest assured in this one thing, "The blessing of the Lord maketh rich and adds NO sorrow with it." If He doesn't bless it then I don't want it because I love HOW He blesses. He makes me wait, He tempers me, He proves me, He helps me to understand what is really in my heart. This way I don't leave God for mammon. I don't leave my wife of 12 years for some ditzy 18 year old with a body full of plastic as soon as I get a lil' something. I don't destroy the lives of my children because I've gotten rich and haughty. I still have compassion on the unfortunate, the destitute, the downtrodden. In two words... God can "TRUST ME".

If its by way of an RV or no RV, this one thing I do know, God aint done blessing me! :D

be blessed my friends

• Upvote 1

With so many people losing homes and struggling with finances in this current world, don't you think it saddens God to watch. I truley believe he is involved in this investment if only to test us with our intentions of goodwill. If there is to be an Armagedeon don't you think he is going to help with provisions for us to choose for ourselves to be prepared. Just something to think about.

i so totally agree and do you know that I pray continually that God has His will be done and everyday i pray that He have my hands do His will, have my feet go to where he wants me to go and have my eyes to see only good and what He wants me to see and that my tongue say only what needs to be said. I also pray that He has his way with this investment and for it to only happen if a lot of good and His will can come of it and that all of our dinarians can have pure hearts and not let this get to our head and to do good with it. We all have so much potential with this to make positive changes in this world, to help people, communities, etc. That is my hope.

• Upvote 2

i so totally agree and do you know that I pray continually that God has His will be done and everyday i pray that He have my hands do His will, have my feet go to where he wants me to go and have my eyes to see only good and what He wants me to see and that my tongue say only what needs to be said. I also pray that He has his way with this investment and for it to only happen if a lot of good and His will can come of it and that all of our dinarians can have pure hearts and not let this get to our head and to do good with it. We all have so much potential with this to make positive changes in this world, to help people, communities, etc. That is my hope.

i i-net-touch and agree :D