Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

For those who have been in this investment more than a couple years?

Just a post for the people who have been in this investment more than a couple/few years...do you feel like progress has really been made and we really are closer than ever? I have only been in this investment about a year or more so I can't really say. I know a lot of the people who have been in this investment for many years remain positive no matter what, which is very important. Just wanted to know if you guys really do feel based on recent news and events that we are closer than ever, or is this the same close comings and dissapointment that has happened the past 8 years. Thanks for your honest opinions, Merry Christmas!

No closer. People have picked a bunch of metrics that they think will cause an RV (HCL, Erbil, Chap 7, etc), so everyone will say yes because we probably are closer to HCL (for example), but in reality none of those things Is directly linked to the value of the currency.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

I've been in this for five years now. More or less, took a chance with this investment, knowing it's a huge risk, so used monies I could afford to lose at the time. Bought 1 million dinar and have been watching the dinar world turn and turn. Always amazing every so often to see people get so excited only to see their hopes dashed to pieces. This is one investment wherein the narcasistic liars come to the forefront and make themselves a guru, living their lies and putting them onto public forums under screen names, where no one knows their identity. Every week, every month, then every few months we are constantly bombarded by a series of rumors, too high in hopes, or flat out lies to either pump dinar sales or their swollen heads. Iraq, IMHO is still a long ways off from doing such drastic changes to their currency....far too much turmoil, lack of infrastructure, electricity, good roads, etc. Yet, am optimistically hoping to be wrong, of course, but who knows? Just keep your eyes open, feet on the ground, watch out for the vultures, keep yourself optimistic, and, who knows, just maybe our dreams will become a reality.

Peace......GO RV!!!!!

• Upvote 2

Hubby started bringing it home since 2003, after several tours in Iraq. Iraq has made a lot of progress from what he has seen. Also, he will be going to Afganestan in May, so I hope all his service is not in vain. He keeps such a positive attitude in all he does for our country, he deserves some new army boots! smile.gif also deserves to keep hoping, it helps us get through his duty.

. . . you know fun dreams to talk about instead of ME: "how's it going over there?" HUBBY: "Oh lot's of gun fire and stuff" ME: "Oh, well just duck" HUBBY: "No honey, I have to fire back" ME: "OH that's not good, come home we miss you!" HUBBY: "But it's my job to keep you safe" etc.....

Hope for good things to happen for the people, things getting better and GO RV are so much more fun to talk about. Keeping it positive for our soldiers! wink.gif

Edited by MovieMaker
  • Upvote 3

Bought mine from a coin & currency dealer 2008. Did some trading also. I had not been looking for an RV. I wanted it for numismatic collection. But, later the coin dealers were speculating that once Iraq's chapter 7 was lifted (which it is for Iraq to do business), investment starts emerging they will have a more valuable currency. They key thing I was told by a good friend is that elections would have a lot to do with it.

A functioning government will be the key for it to emerge to the world. Autonomous Iraq!

It was not until this year in July a friend of mine who was part of the WGS (CMKX) was buying dinar. ??? My friend is not a coin collector either. It boggled me so I asked. My friend heard about the dinar through the hodges lawsuit for the world global settlements. Don't want to get into that. That's another song.

IT WAS THEN, I realized that the dinar was actually being sold as a currency, and not just for numismatic collectors. That was a big deal already. So I did some searches on the net and OMG all these dinarians. I was shocked.

I joined DV in Aug and just started to educate myself on what was going on.

The coin & currency guys will not call and RV or even encourage for an RV. What their advice back in the day to me still holds true and I will do it. Hold, Hold, hold.

I bought more this year in the event of an RV. I will keep some for the numismatic values if any for later. Those notes will become rare since CBI says they will send new notes out and destroy the large notes. I think the best one to hold is the $10,000 note.

With just educating myself on this possible RV I have come to the conclusion that it will happen, and soon. Yes, we are somewhere we have never been. I didn't watch this for years but I have see the sequence of events and how Iraq is becoming part of the world as a real player. You cannot have a worthless currency and do this. Iraq is ripe for a descent RV which is really not an RV but I won't get into all that. Iraq is no longer considered a rogue country, it's a team player.

So, this is just my summary and situation. Others probably disagree with an RV or being closer to one. All the screens showing zero, I have gone to the bank for currency and had that. Could not buy it, it happens all the time. So I have no clue which screens some of the folks are talking about. I am no guru, just a collector and investor like many here. I have done some really good transactions, but this one will top my largest. And it would not hurt my feelings any. :D

• Upvote 2

Just a post for the people who have been in this investment more than a couple/few years...do you feel like progress has really been made and we really are closer than ever? I have only been in this investment about a year or more so I can't really say. I know a lot of the people who have been in this investment for many years remain positive no matter what, which is very important. Just wanted to know if you guys really do feel based on recent news and events that we are closer than ever, or is this the same close comings and dissapointment that has happened the past 8 years. Thanks for your honest opinions, Merry Christmas!

It will be 8 years for me this month (DEC) and to be quite frank with you I really don't see a big change some but not a lot. When I first got into this investment I was told it would be 7 to 10 years before I would seen a return on my investment and that is the way it looks like it will happen. My prediction, we are still a ways off, still to many obstacles lye ahead for these people to deal with. BUT I hope I am DEAD WRONG and it RV'S tomorrow , go RV :lol::lol: ..

• Upvote 3

We always hear news coming from Iraq, some good...some bad. I dont think that Iraq is anywhere close to making any major changes on their own. I do however believe that it will ultimately be the people pulling the puppet strings that bring this to pass. I think that there has been a plan for this all along, one that will take place even if Iraq is unable to totally get their house in order. It will probably be made to appear as if they are ready, and a major change will be made. UN, IMF, WB,US ....who knows the identity of the persons truely responsible for making the changes, but I think most of the things being made to appear to be reason for progress, or lack of are a front....this is the reason that I dont go along with the theory of a low value once a change is made. There is an agenda, and I dont think we have even begun to scratch the surface of what it truely is! You can bet that too much time, blood, and money have been invested in this for a few cents on the dollar. Time will tell, but I truely believe we are at the cusp of something breaking loose!! I try to follow the money, not misinformation! Go RV!

• Upvote 1

I am not sure if it was late 2004 or early 2005 when I bought my first million. But, I do know this much; I only paid around 600 USD for it. If I sold out right now I would just about double my money. I am expecting a lot more in the long run, but if I am wrong I haven't lost a dime.

Roadrunner

I am not sure if it was late 2004 or early 2005 when I bought my first million. But, I do know this much; I only paid around 600 USD for it. If I sold out right now I would just about double my money. I am expecting a lot more in the long run, but if I am wrong I haven't lost a dime.

Roadrunner

That is if the civil war does not start.

If we see a full blown civil war the IQD can become worthless and maybe worth less than the VND.

This can all fall apart in one day.

Not being negitive I am just being truthful.

People need to understand every day that goes by the RV chances are less and less and civil war and a worthless IQD more and more.

Everyone needs to know this can become a total loss real fast with no return ever.

Edited by coolbeans
  • Upvote 2

It will be 8 years for me this month (DEC) and to be quite frank with you I really don't see a big change some but not a lot. When I first got into this investment I was told it would be 7 to 10 years before I would seen a return on my investment and that is the way it looks like it will happen. My prediction, we are still a ways off, still to many obstacles lye ahead for these people to deal with. BUT I hope I am DEAD WRONG and it RV'S tomorrow , go RV :lol::lol: ..

After seven years one would think that we might skip reading the blogs at all. However here you are and here I am. Yes it would be lovely if the Iraqi Dinar revalued right here and right now!

Blessings all and I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and will have a Happy New Year!

God Bless America! ;)

I am certain the Iraqi Dinar will fly one day that is one day soon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7mb102V1F0

Edited by Jac

Roadrunner

If you sold it at the current exchange rate you would make about $200.

Well no one knows what the real criteria is for Iraq to RV. We have had a lot of mis-information throughout this entire endeavor. Many claimed that we needed this RV now to get the Gov't out of trouble. Well, it's Tuesday and there was a currency auction so that knocks out today. I don't think it would be enough time to benefit the US for this to happen this year now. Just not enough time for everyone to cash in and pay whatever upfront tax there is (if that is even really true).

I think everyone knew that when our troops came home there would be a major set back in Iraq but glad the boys are out of there. I have been reading everyday for the last month, searching the web for true information. I never saw anything that would lead me to believe we were close; especially for 2011. I think the GURU predications and their intel has gotten way out of hand and that the boards should take some control back. Turkeys cooking at 440 and oil men claiming they know everything, workers staying late at banks and these Algorithms they talk about are all garbage.

We have seen a number of dinar dealers close down; one of the biggest shift their focus from Dinars to other gemmicks to get our money.

We just have to read what's out there and draw our own conclusions. I believe everyone tries to stay positives but we have been let down so many times in the last two years we sometimes need to step away from it all and refocus.

Best of luck to everyone in this venture.

• Upvote 1

I haven't been around too much longer than you so whatever I say is baseless except to say I feel leaving iraq as we did can't be good. I've watched my country throw away lives of good people and have been a part of it once in Vietnam. i watched us walk away on the basis of public opinion be it right or wrong. Always decisions made for political reasons and not good sound judgements as to our national security. I hope I am wrong about the negativity i feel about leaving Iraq but it just doesn't feel good and the posts have not been that upbeat about an RV except for hope. I do like to listen to Adam. He is really the only person I listen to on this site that gives me hope. I am sure there are many others who know their stuff but I am an impatient person so I read little anymore these days because basically there is a lot of nonsense to listen to and I have little tolerance to nonsense left in me. I guess I'm just getting older and less tolerant in general. I am a gambler so I think of the IQD as a good bet. All I feel I have to do is live to see it and the bottom line is I do remain positive that its going to happen.