Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Article 140, IMPLEMENTED!

Aqua Dude

Sure looks like calling it to me. Regardless, your logic is ridiculous and if that's the best you can do in way of analysis you really should thinking about keeping it to yourself.

Perhaps you should share your logic since you (and "Lots of Dinar") clearly always have a dim view of anyone who ever posts anything of positive potential progress towards an Iraqi IQD RV. It is easy to discredit anything on this RV until it actually occurs, and If it ever occurs. So it would appear that stating all your negativity, even when justified at times (although not on this post), is the diatribe that should be kept to oneself.

• Upvote 1

What the hell are "financial instruments"?

Are these financial instruments physical items of value amounting to 10 Million dinars or just referring to plain physical Dinar Currency?

Either way, 10 Million Dinar worth at today's worthless rate doesn't amount to anything when you divide 10 Million Dinar by 490 people.

10 Million Dinar at today's worthless rate equals $8,000.00 USD.

$8,000.00 divided by 490 people equals $16.32 USD which is absolutely nothing.

10 Million Dinar at a 1:1 ratio divided by 490 people equals $20,408.16 USD per person which is a reasonable compensation.B)

Your attitude is not welcome here.

iqdheadlines, I this case, I could think "financial instruments" means a banking tool(s) enabling an electronic transfer to a Smart Card. This looks like a regular distribution.

Merry Christmas! Santa was good to me this morning. B)

Edited by Carrello
  • Upvote 1

iqdheadlines, I this case, I could think "financial instruments" means a banking tool(s) enabling an electronic transfer to a Smart Card. This looks like a regular distribution.

Merry Christmas! Santa was good to me this morning. B)

I am waiting for Maliki to announce his government. That is one thing Shabbs said, no money with no goverment.

"Perhaps you should share your logic since you (and "Lots of Dinar") clearly always have a dim view of anyone"

I think you are misinterpreting where I come from. I've speculated on currency for years. Purely a hobby. Don't need the money to get by. So what you interpret as a "dim view" is not. I'm simply dispassionate about the Dinar. I realize a lot of people here are passionate about an RV of the dinar, but I figure whether RV or RD, I'm going to ultimately make a few bucks. What I am interested in is all the various views on this thing, and getting down to actual facts. So I ask questions and consider the various outcomes. Many here won't consider any outcome but an RV that will make them wealthy, and I'm cool with that. To me, though, the politics and overall situation in Iraq are at least as interesting. YMMV, of course.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

"Perhaps you should share your logic since you (and "Lots of Dinar") clearly always have a dim view of anyone"

I think you are misinterpreting where I come from. I've speculated on currency for years. Purely a hobby. Don't need the money to get by. So what you interpret as a "dim view" is not. I'm simply dispassionate about the Dinar. I realize a lot of people here are passionate about an RV of the dinar, but I figure whether RV or RD, I'm going to ultimately make a few bucks. What I am interested in is all the various views on this thing, and getting down to actual facts. So I ask questions and consider the various outcomes. Many here won't consider any outcome but an RV that will make them wealthy, and I'm cool with that. To me, though, the politics and overall situation in Iraq are at least as interesting. YMMV, of course.

Thank you for your view - well spoken and credible. As I said, it is easy to find some tidbit of logic to discredit, or greatly diminish, the most positive of news. And a lot of the "news" is definitely contrived or misinterpreted hype. Even the most recent chat of Adam Montana tried to make a rather reaching optimistic spin for a state of seemingly total chaos in Iraq. Adam, however; is one of few in this investment who is in a win/win situation, although, in Adam's defense, he definitely will win much more if the RV occurs.

This all being said, it is not that most consider a RV the only option - in fact, I think most deep down realize this is a rather long shot- it is the possibility of this RV that generates and sustains this site. While a RD and a subsequent RV could double or triple your investment - a substantial gain in almost any normal investment - this scenario could take ages to occur in Iraq as well. I stand that most got into this investment not for this scenario, but for far-reaching hope and prospect that a nation rich in resources could actually pull off a RV of a 100:1 (or higher) return on investment. Sometimes

it is nice to forsake the status quo and go with the adage of Bobby Kennedy "Some men see things as they are and ask "why?", I dream things that never were and say "why not?"

• Upvote 1

What the hell are "financial instruments"?

Are these financial instruments physical items of value amounting to 10 Million dinars or just referring to plain physical Dinar Currency?

Either way, 10 Million Dinar worth at today's worthless rate doesn't amount to anything when you divide 10 Million Dinar by 490 people.

10 Million Dinar at today's worthless rate equals $8,000.00 USD.

$8,000.00 divided by 490 people equals $16.32 USD which is absolutely nothing.

10 Million Dinar at a 1:1 ratio divided by 490 people equals $20,408.16 USD per person which is a reasonable compensation.B)

Thanks A.D. for finding this, though I gotta be honest... my brains a little fuzzy this Christmas morning... but I absolutely love what iqdheadlines did with the math.... now "that I can understand"... even through the fog! wink.gif

Come on boyz... gitter dun!biggrin.gif

GO RV Already Baby!!!cool.gif

• Upvote 1

Sure looks like calling it to me. Regardless, your logic is ridiculous and if that's the best you can do in way of analysis you really should thinking about keeping it to yourself.

Speaking of keeping things to yourself! Good Job Aqua Dude I agree with you completely....Merry Christmas and don't let these insignifigant responses stop you positive flow!

• Upvote 1

hahah someone neg'd me...thats funny!!

I thought that, too, when I got red marks last night, but I was told that the new Christmas screen showed only +'s in red, and -'s in green. So if you got red ones, they are all +'s.

Lighten up! Since you are new, you are not aware of any history here, I would assume. Aqua Dude is a respected, contributing member here. I knew immediately what he meant.

So, it is Christmas. Untwist your panties and enjoy not only Christmas day, but the great news. B)

Hear!! Hear!! Carillo!! I'm with you on this one. Aqua Dude is a highly respected member, and those of us who have been around a while all value his contributions. I also knew what he meant.

• Upvote 1

I thought that, too, when I got red marks last night, but I was told that the new Christmas screen showed only +'s in red, and -'s in purple. So if you got red ones, they are all +'s.

Hear!! Hear!! Carillo!! I'm with you on this one. Aqua Dude is a highly respected member, and those of us who have been around a while all value his contributions. I also knew what he meant.

Does anyone know how to explain to a newbie what the booooraaaaaa is all about? :wub::confused::unsure: :unsure:

I hope this helps, it should give you a fairly good narrative on what all this means.

By the way Merry Christmas to all!!

UR

Iraqi Kurdistan is that part of northern Iraq that borders Turkey to the north, Syrian to the west, and Iran to the east. Following the 1991 Gulf War and the subsequent Kurdish popular uprising, the former Iraqi regime retaliated with a vicious onslaught that drove tens of thousands of families from their homes into neighboring countries.

Under pressure from the media and public opinion, and as called for by UN Security Council Resolution 688, the Governments of the United States, United Kingdom, and France intervened along with other governments to establish a no-fly zone and safe haven in April 1991 that allowed the refugees to return to their homes. In an effort to intimidate the people and to create a power vacuum, later in 1991 the former Iraqi regime unilaterally withdrew its forces and administration from many areas of Iraqi Kurdistan.

In 1992 the people of Iraqi Kurdistan held their first free general elections. As a result, the Kurdistan National Assembly –recently renamed the Iraqi Kurdistan Parliament- and the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) were established. These were the first internationally observed elections in Iraq.

All these events led to the establishment of a demarcation line that separated the KRG-administered areas from the rest of Iraq. This artificial line did not determine the real boundaries of Iraqi Kurdistan. The line cuts through Iraqi Kurdistan separating out more than 40% of the territory that has been predominately Kurdish and subjected to extreme abuse by the former regime. This area also includes significant numbers of Arabs, Turkmens, and Christians. Tens of thousands of Kurdish families were expelled from these areas, notably from Kirkuk, and replaced by Arabs from southern Iraq.

This boundary line per Article-143 of the Iraqi Constitution (which is based on article 53 of the ‘Law of Administration for the State of Iraq’) was unilaterally, and undemocratically, determined in October 1991. The demarcation line was militarized and within one month, in November 1991, more than 20,000 families were forced to migrate from areas south of the line - mostly from Kirkuk areas - to the territory north of the line.

Constitution Article-140 lays down a clear road map to define the final boundaries of the territory to be administered by the KRG. The excessive delay in implementing this article is the primary cause of tension and administrative problems in the so-called disputed areas. These are areas that suffered severely from ethnic cleansing and community destruction under the former regime.

Failure to implement Article-140 is also in violation of the policy the Iraqi government announced in June 2006. The Iraqi Prime Minister then stated that “the government will be committed to implement Article-140 of the Constitution which is based on Article-58 of the ‘Law of Administration for the State of Iraq’, also known as the Transitional Administrative Law (TAL).

The Article specifies three phases for implementation that includes normalization, a census, and a referendum on Kirkuk and other disputed areas. The government was to start by taking appropriate steps for the normalization phase, including rejoining detached districts and sub-districts to Kirkuk governorate, and completing this phase no later than 29 March 2007. The census phase was to be completed by 31 July 2007, and the referendum phase by 15 November 2007. The overall question is, thus, why hasn't the Iraqi federal government met its commitments? Since 2003, successive Iraqi governments have failed to implement this constitutional article.

Following the 2003 war, the Kurdistan leadership took an active part in rebuilding a new Iraq, including participation in the process of drafting the country’s permanent constitution. The constitution, which was overwhelmingly approved in a countrywide referendum, recognized the Kurdistan Region as a federal region within a sovereign and independent Iraq.

Kurdistan Region President Masoud Barzani has repeatedly called for the implementation of Article-140 and has shown considerable flexibility in this regard. The President and other Iraqi Kurdistan authorities have so far agreed to repeated delays and postponements of this Article.

The Iraqi federal government has a legal and moral responsibility to implement this article and to allow the people of these areas to decide their future. The Kurdistan Region will not waiver in its efforts to see the status of these areas resolved peacefully through Article-140.

We do not intend to annex or control the so-called disputed areas, as repeatedly suggested by certain ill-informed media sources. We want the people of these areas to be presented with the opportunity to decide for themselves what they want.

The results of the recently held provincial elections have clearly demonstrated what the people of these areas really want. They overwhelmingly voted in favor of the Kurdistan List. Had the people of Kirkuk also been able to participate in the recent elections, the results would likely have been the same.

btw, I forgot to add a link, so here it is.

http://www.krp.org/english/i3.aspx?sm=93

• Upvote 10

UnitedRich...Thankyou for all you do here at this site. Never do I read anything demeaning or disrespectful from you. Once again thankyou . As to the post ....Great find AD....I kinda look at it as just one more step closer to this becoming a reality...next step hopefully Ch.7....Thankyou ..Chris...ps happy holidays

• Upvote 3

Does anyone know how to explain to a newbie what the booooraaaaaa is all about? :wub::confused::unsure: :unsure:

Much to do about nothing.

As I pointed out on page 2 of this thread in the article it states this is the 5th time this year they have done this and they started the program early in this year.

So it is just a news article covering something that has been on going for months.

People are misreading this and making it into something it is not.

It is good news as is any forward movement and ongoing resolution to problems but this is by no means a "trigger event" as it has been going like this for months now as per this posted article in the first post.

FWIW

Edited by coolbeans
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I hope this helps, it should give you a fairly good narrative on what all this means.

By the way Merry Christmas to all!!

UR

Iraqi Kurdistan is that part of northern Iraq that borders Turkey to the north, Syrian to the west, and Iran to the east. Following the 1991 Gulf War and the subsequent Kurdish popular uprising, the former Iraqi regime retaliated with a vicious onslaught that drove tens of thousands of families from their homes into neighboring countries.

Under pressure from the media and public opinion, and as called for by UN Security Council Resolution 688, the Governments of the United States, United Kingdom, and France intervened along with other governments to establish a no-fly zone and safe haven in April 1991 that allowed the refugees to return to their homes. In an effort to intimidate the people and to create a power vacuum, later in 1991 the former Iraqi regime unilaterally withdrew its forces and administration from many areas of Iraqi Kurdistan.

In 1992 the people of Iraqi Kurdistan held their first free general elections. As a result, the Kurdistan National Assembly –recently renamed the Iraqi Kurdistan Parliament- and the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) were established. These were the first internationally observed elections in Iraq.

All these events led to the establishment of a demarcation line that separated the KRG-administered areas from the rest of Iraq. This artificial line did not determine the real boundaries of Iraqi Kurdistan. The line cuts through Iraqi Kurdistan separating out more than 40% of the territory that has been predominately Kurdish and subjected to extreme abuse by the former regime. This area also includes significant numbers of Arabs, Turkmens, and Christians. Tens of thousands of Kurdish families were expelled from these areas, notably from Kirkuk, and replaced by Arabs from southern Iraq.

This boundary line per Article-143 of the Iraqi Constitution (which is based on article 53 of the ‘Law of Administration for the State of Iraq’) was unilaterally, and undemocratically, determined in October 1991. The demarcation line was militarized and within one month, in November 1991, more than 20,000 families were forced to migrate from areas south of the line - mostly from Kirkuk areas - to the territory north of the line.

Constitution Article-140 lays down a clear road map to define the final boundaries of the territory to be administered by the KRG. The excessive delay in implementing this article is the primary cause of tension and administrative problems in the so-called disputed areas. These are areas that suffered severely from ethnic cleansing and community destruction under the former regime.

Failure to implement Article-140 is also in violation of the policy the Iraqi government announced in June 2006. The Iraqi Prime Minister then stated that “the government will be committed to implement Article-140 of the Constitution which is based on Article-58 of the ‘Law of Administration for the State of Iraq’, also known as the Transitional Administrative Law (TAL).

The Article specifies three phases for implementation that includes normalization, a census, and a referendum on Kirkuk and other disputed areas. The government was to start by taking appropriate steps for the normalization phase, including rejoining detached districts and sub-districts to Kirkuk governorate, and completing this phase no later than 29 March 2007. The census phase was to be completed by 31 July 2007, and the referendum phase by 15 November 2007. The overall question is, thus, why hasn't the Iraqi federal government met its commitments? Since 2003, successive Iraqi governments have failed to implement this constitutional article.

Following the 2003 war, the Kurdistan leadership took an active part in rebuilding a new Iraq, including participation in the process of drafting the country’s permanent constitution. The constitution, which was overwhelmingly approved in a countrywide referendum, recognized the Kurdistan Region as a federal region within a sovereign and independent Iraq.

Kurdistan Region President Masoud Barzani has repeatedly called for the implementation of Article-140 and has shown considerable flexibility in this regard. The President and other Iraqi Kurdistan authorities have so far agreed to repeated delays and postponements of this Article.

The Iraqi federal government has a legal and moral responsibility to implement this article and to allow the people of these areas to decide their future. The Kurdistan Region will not waiver in its efforts to see the status of these areas resolved peacefully through Article-140.

We do not intend to annex or control the so-called disputed areas, as repeatedly suggested by certain ill-informed media sources. We want the people of these areas to be presented with the opportunity to decide for themselves what they want.

The results of the recently held provincial elections have clearly demonstrated what the people of these areas really want. They overwhelmingly voted in favor of the Kurdistan List. Had the people of Kirkuk also been able to participate in the recent elections, the results would likely have been the same.

btw, I forgot to add a link, so here it is.

http://www.krp.org/english/i3.aspx?sm=93

Thank You for your enlightening reply. That was very kind of you to reply on Christmas day. I have not been on here very long so I play catchup every time.

I can only Say Thank You and Have the most wonderful holiday season Ever.

:twothumbs: :twothumbs:

• Upvote 3

You know Matt you really need to take a happy pill or something. You are never positive about anything here! If we are all in a fog its okay we like it! Just let us go on finding little positive notes and let us live in a dream world if we like! You really should find something to do with your time that you like and can be more positive about! Merry Christmas???

• Upvote 2

Perhaps you should share your logic since you (and "Lots of Dinar") clearly always have a dim view of anyone who ever posts anything of positive potential progress towards an Iraqi IQD RV. It is easy to discredit anything on this RV until it actually occurs, and If it ever occurs. So it would appear that stating all your negativity, even when justified at times (although not on this post), is the diatribe that should be kept to oneself.

As has already been pointed out, this is the FIFTH time this has happened this year, so why would it possibly herald an RV? As has also already been pointed out, Iraq has been paying people in their "worthless" currency for almost 20 years, why does this ONE payout mean that "logically they have RVd"? Complete nonsense.

ADs posts are poorly reasoned and poorly researched and indicate a severe lack of comprehension about investing, economics, and currencies. I don't care how many negs I get, it's the truth. No one should listen to anything he says about the dinar.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 24

Oh my! This is a Glass Half Full kind of Day. Praise the Lord!!!

Really? Calling the RV as already happened? You really do want to be the new okie, don't you?

They've been paying Iraqis with "worthless" currency for around 20 years, you're not being logical at all.

Another neg for this poser!! Aqua Dude is accurate in his assessment so stop hatin'on Xmas Day!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1