Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

I just got engaged to the love of my life!!!

Alex38

Ok....... I will ask.... How did you pop the question friend???? Congrats my friend..... May God Bless you and your new FAMILY!!!!!! tip_hat.gifth_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

Bodeen

Go Day 14 biggrin.gif

I was going to ask that too Alex smile.gif I thought I remembered you saying you would propose like in the awsome video after RV...

I guess you couldn't wait huh biggrin.gif I'm sure it was special so please tell us!

Go Day 14 th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif You Are Doing Great Bodeen... I Salute You!

• Upvote 1

I was going to ask that too Alex smile.gif I thought I remembered you saying you would propose like in the awsome video after RV...

I guess you couldn't wait huh biggrin.gif I'm sure it was special so please tell us!

Go Day 14 th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif You Are Doing Great Bodeen... I Salute You!

I will do this for my girls... Having your baby (Anna) check you every night with her nose is so much fun.... Tomorrow will be 2 weeks and I feel so much better already...

Thanks Maggie and Bamagirl for the support....

Merry Christmas to you and yours.........

From Bodeen

:hug:

• Upvote 1

Okay, you made it a more-or-less public announcement so I'll make a more-or-less public piece of advice. And this is from someone married twice. The first one lasted five and a half months. The second one lasted almost 35 years.

So, what did I learn that I would pass along? Very simple.

Be Friends ... Good Friends ... First, Last, and Always.

You can be upset with your lover and pout. You can be angry with the handyman you married because of the hideous colour he painted the living room walls. You can fume when you have to ask the neighbour for a ride into town to get to work when your weekend mechanic got the brakes off but didn't get them back on before a friend came over with a 2-4. You can be embarrassed to a deep shade of purple when your husband, trying to keep track of new relatives, leans over and asks ugly aunt Mable is she is the one who had the sex change operation.

Or you can be upset with the love of your life when she innocently announces at a family dinner, just as everything goes quiet, that she doesn't wear undies because you don't like them to get in the way, She can aggravate you when you are trying to fix the motorcycle by rearranging pieces you had set out as they came off the frame and now you'll need to go buy a book on how to reassemble it. And the list goes on.

Over the years your spouse is going to do and say, or not do and not say, things that will make you want to ... well we won't go there. But you will want to, believe me. You see, a spouse is many things. And each of those attributes comes not only with a blessing, but also a curse. It is entirely possible to love someone and want to smack them at the same time.

In those times fall back to the basic. Your spouse is before, during and after everything in your life, your friend.You may be angry at your spouse, but you still love and need and cherish your friend. You may be hurt by some thoughtless remark made by your spouse but even as you feel like crying you still love and need the love of your friend. here will be many times in the coming years when one of the people your spouse is will cause you to become upset, angered, hurt, and a lot of other emotional pitfalls we really don't need to open up. But each time you spouse says or does something you don't like, don't want to deal with, remember your friend. Together you and your best friend can handle anything. Make your spouse your best friend and together you can outdistance any other couple you know.

Congratulations on having the courage to ask, and on getting the answer you wanted, and on being so much in love that you just had to share it. That is special. That is a good sign you have the making of a soul-mate friendship

Enjoy it. And always remember that even though there are times you don't even want to be in the same room with your spouse, you will always want to be in the arms of your best friend!

:)

smee

• Upvote 5

Okay, you made it a more-or-less public announcement so I'll make a more-or-less public piece of advice. And this is from someone married twice. The first one lasted five and a half months. The second one lasted almost 35 years.

So, what did I learn that I would pass along? Very simple.

Be Friends ... Good Friends ... First, Last, and Always.

You can be upset with your lover and pout. You can be angry with the handyman you married because of the hideous colour he painted the living room walls. You can fume when you have to ask the neighbour for a ride into town to get to work when your weekend mechanic got the brakes off but didn't get them back on before a friend came over with a 2-4. You can be embarrassed to a deep shade of purple when your husband, trying to keep track of new relatives, leans over and asks ugly aunt Mable is she is the one who had the sex change operation.

Or you can be upset with the love of your life when she innocently announces at a family dinner, just as everything goes quiet, that she doesn't wear undies because you don't like them to get in the way, She can aggravate you when you are trying to fix the motorcycle by rearranging pieces you had set out as they came off the frame and now you'll need to go buy a book on how to reassemble it. And the list goes on.

Over the years your spouse is going to do and say, or not do and not say, things that will make you want to ... well we won't go there. But you will want to, believe me. You see, a spouse is many things. And each of those attributes comes not only with a blessing, but also a curse. It is entirely possible to love someone and want to smack them at the same time.

In those times fall back to the basic. Your spouse is before, during and after everything in your life, your friend.You may be angry at your spouse, but you still love and need and cherish your friend. You may be hurt by some thoughtless remark made by your spouse but even as you feel like crying you still love and need the love of your friend. here will be many times in the coming years when one of the people your spouse is will cause you to become upset, angered, hurt, and a lot of other emotional pitfalls we really don't need to open up. But each time you spouse says or does something you don't like, don't want to deal with, remember your friend. Together you and your best friend can handle anything. Make your spouse your best friend and together you can outdistance any other couple you know.

Congratulations on having the courage to ask, and on getting the answer you wanted, and on being so much in love that you just had to share it. That is special. That is a good sign you have the making of a soul-mate friendship

Enjoy it. And always remember that even though there are times you don't even want to be in the same room with your spouse, you will always want to be in the arms of your best friend!

smile.gif

smee

Very well put! I couldn't have said it better! This, indeed is the key to a successful marriage!

• Downvote 1

Elex,

Congratulations I wish you the best !

I want to ask you if she loves the Lord ? If she doesn't your married will not make it . I'm not trying to be a dower but it is the truth !

I married when I was 38 years old . I should of waited till I was 80 years old to get married , My marriage lasted almost 6 years . I married a gal that loved the outdoors .

We hunted together we did every thing together, it still didn't matter . She was my best friend . I loved her with all my hart, it still didn't matter !

She had been married 3 times before me . I didn't realize she had been married so many times . She left me July 5th 2011 for another man .

My mistake was I believed every thing she told me and I did check it out for my self . She was raised by a liberal family . I hope your feint say doesn't come from a liberal family .

Guess what I'm trying to say is if you and you partner don't love the Lord your marriage will not make it . Even if you love the Lord and your wife doesn't it will fail !

See religion sets lines in the sand that you don't cross .

Wedding vows meant no more to my wife than a new years resolution . New years resolution are broken all the time !

Alex, I wish you the best and I will say a prayer for you and your feint say . :)

• Upvote 2

Congratulations Alex....Remember never go to sleep without kissing each other good night and always stay best of friends...this has worked for me for 30 years. Communication is key..Merry Christmas and Happy New Life. :tiphat:

Sound advise,i might add that My love,Stepdaughter & myself always say "I Love You" as often as we can. You just never know when it might be the last time your together.

• Upvote 1

I proposed and she said yes!!! smile.gif)))) now we can combine our dinar!!! Hahahahahaha... I joke. But, I really did get engaged today!

Hugs to all invested!

A christmas engagement! Alright, Alex! I am thrilled for you-many blessing to you and your girl! smile.gif I hope the new year brings you two many great things. God Bless.

• Upvote 1

I proposed and she said yes!!! :))))) now we can combine our dinar!!! Hahahahahaha... I joke. But, I really did get engaged today!

Hugs to all invested!

Congratulations. I pray yall have a long happy marriage in love and understanding.rolleyes.gif

• Upvote 1