Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

British report: Obama leaving Iraq to the wolves

yota691

"You got that right" (by the way that is a great "Skynryd" song)...let's see how he adresses this to the US...more importantly to the troops that served & their families....I think I know what he'll be saying....."Gimmie three steps and you'll never see me no-more" :o:o:o (another great "Skynryd" song)

Oh Yeah!!! Good one!! +1

Dont get me wrong, I HATE obama HATE HATE HATE. But I have to side with on this one. Iraq was demanding us to leave. They would not give our troops immunity to stay. I would alow them to stay either. But the UK has some nerve pointing the finger at us. They pulled their troops out a long time ago. In fact they never had the njmber of troops deployed as us. Screw them.

• Upvote 5

Dont get me wrong, I HATE obama HATE HATE HATE. But I have to side with on this one. Iraq was demanding us to leave. They would not give our troops immunity to stay. I would alow them to stay either. But the UK has some nerve pointing the finger at us. They pulled their troops out a long time ago. In fact they never had the njmber of troops deployed as us. Screw them.

Forget about the UK and all the other so called allies...especially Obama...we only have one true (powerful) ally by the way B) ......people forget....it was the UN that requested the US to intervene because Saddam wouldn't let the UN inspectors back in.....so just after 9-11...do you expect that we should listen to what they have to say????? :o ....cause based on his actions Obama did :angry:

• Upvote 1

Catpjohn:

The author blames Obama for leaving the Iraqis to fend for themselves. He may have a point. He cites violence and political polorization. (not unlike here)

I believe Obama is doing the right thing and for the right reason.(IMHO) Let me try and explain my view.

I believe this to be the case because in the big picture, the american people have gained nothing from the failed Bush plan for economic control of Iraq. We have not had Bush's words come true yet when he said: "The war will pay for itself" All the major oil contracts in Iraq went to China and Russia.We got zip!

We have not seen this plan come to fruition because it was not thought out well enough to include all the moving parts, and Bush is not known for his brains. He needed adult supervision.

This has left the American people holding the bag on the money he borrowed the to finance his war in Iraq. Tha war was running in the billions a day at some points. This debt was largely a contributing factor in the economic crisis that we are in today.

4500 good Americans were killed and countless others maimed and burnt sometimes beyond recognition. The returning veterans of the two wars will require decades of medical and financial assistance, and they deserve it!

But, ads another burden to the American people for many years to come. the war may have ended but costs have not yet all been tallied.

The returning troops are coming home to a country that does not have any opportunity for them because the economy is collapsing as we speak.

Contrary to what you may believe and with all due respect: We did not go to Iraq to liberate anyone in the noble sense. We went into Iraq to free it up financially and economically so the a chosen few could benefit. You and me and the majority here, were not in that bus!

Ironically, the plan was not well thought out, we only succeded in opening a can of worms.

Seasons greeting to all

Carlos

Amen Carlos and Seasons Greetings to You about time somebody noticed that Bush wasn't all that!rolleyes.gif

Catpjohn:

The author blames Obama for leaving the Iraqis to fend for themselves. He may have a point. He cites violence and political polorization. (not unlike here)

I believe Obama is doing the right thing and for the right reason.(IMHO) Let me try and explain my view.

I believe this to be the case because in the big picture, the american people have gained nothing from the failed Bush plan for economic control of Iraq. We have not had Bush's words come true yet when he said: "The war will pay for itself" All the major oil contracts in Iraq went to China and Russia.We got zip!

We have not seen this plan come to fruition because it was not thought out well enough to include all the moving parts, and Bush is not known for his brains. He needed adult supervision.

This has left the American people holding the bag on the money he borrowed the to finance his war in Iraq. Tha war was running in the billions a day at some points. This debt was largely a contributing factor in the economic crisis that we are in today.

4500 good Americans were killed and countless others maimed and burnt sometimes beyond recognition. The returning veterans of the two wars will require decades of medical and financial assistance, and they deserve it!

But, ads another burden to the American people for many years to come. the war may have ended but costs have not yet all been tallied.

The returning troops are coming home to a country that does not have any opportunity for them because the economy is collapsing as we speak.

Contrary to what you may believe and with all due respect: We did not go to Iraq to liberate anyone in the noble sense. We went into Iraq to free it up financially and economically so the a chosen few could benefit. You and me and the majority here, were not in that bus!

Ironically, the plan was not well thought out, we only succeded in opening a can of worms.

Seasons greeting to all

Carlos

Bottom line.... the author is correct :D & you are soooo wrong :P ....so go ahead & keep to the left but eventually you'll be educated enough & have no choice but to see the light & then you'll finally be on the "right side"

• Upvote 1

Bottom line.... the author is correct :D & you are soooo wrong :P ....so go ahead & keep to the left but eventually you'll be educated enough & have no choice but to see the light & then you'll finally be on the "right side"

So he points out a slew of issues that he feels are relevant and seems to have thought it out.

But you call him wrong, stick your 'tongue' out at him, and imply he is uneducated; yet you don't provide any valid argument to why he is wrong!

But he'll come around to the "right side" some time. Seems like a "fair and balanced" reply!

Maybe you could keep to the right, but educate yourself a little and sometime you'll be wise enough to see that we've wasted billions and billions of dollars in Iraq and are going to end up, as a country, with nothing to show for it.

Maybe we should follow McCain's plan and spend a couple of billion a month supporting Iraq indefinitely! Why not, we're flush at home! Why spend it here when we can build roads, bridges, schools, and protect borders there! We're good here, lets support them.......