Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

British report: Obama leaving Iraq to the wolves

yota691

British report: Obama leaving Iraq to the wolves

12/22/2011 | (Voice of Iraq) - Add comments - twilight News threw British report, on Thursday, blamed the U.S. President in a political crisis that is currently taking place in Iraq, noting that Obama's withdrawal of its forces and "leave Iraq to the wolves." The Guardian newspaper in an editorial on Iraq seen by "Twilight News" and headlined "Obama to withdraw his troops and leave Iraq to the wolves!", he "can anyone predict what will be, but the U.S. President is in a hurry is determined to wash his hands of Iraq," adding "The accession of the existing Iraqi government was the basis of the fragile stability that has enabled the United States to withdraw, but the same reason exclusion may not predict well in the future." Gazette and indicated that "Nuri al-Maliki did not take long before returning to his custom, in today's I left the U.S. forces of Iraq finally turned against al-Maliki's vice president, accusing him of what he was suspected of the same by, any orders to carry out bombings and the assassination of political opponents. " and saw the Guardian that "the right to Allawi, who was against the deal with al-Maliki and forced to surrender to the desire of his party after the defection of key figures him as saying less pain you so? ", and also considers that he" was right to accuse him of - a dictator emerging - and that is pushing the country into the abyss of war, new sectarian. " The security forces in Baghdad airport prevented Sunday last plane Hashemi and seven wanted to protect him, including his brother-spoken news later for the arrest of quitting, while Hashemi said that he invoked the utmost patience and waiting behavior "rational" by the government. referred to the United States and the limbs of international worry about what Iraq seen emerging from political crisis to his name, and what might be construed to him the situation afterwards. P n

Read more: http://www.sotaliraq.com/mobile-news.php?id=35825#ixzz1hGttYFLz

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It seems there is no winning this one. If we stayed then the world would be in a uproar that we did not stick to our plans and promise to leave by the end of year. When we do leave then we are washing our hands of Iraq and leaving them to the wolves. I feel that no matter what the USA does it will not matter because they will always find a way to slander us...

Happy holidays all.

Oh my goodness....this world we live in! I don't see any of the naysayer countries moving more troops to Iraq to fill the void. Damned if you do....Damned if you don't. :angry:

GO RV, then BV

Took the words right out of my mouth...

• Upvote 5

It seems there is no winning this one. If we stayed then the world would be in a uproar that we did not stick to our plans and promise to leave by the end of year. When we do leave then we are washing our hands of Iraq and leaving them to the wolves. I feel that no matter what the USA does it will not matter because they will always find a way to slander us...

Happy holidays all.

Great minds think alike. Merry Christmas to you and yours! :D

GO RV, then BV

There are no winners in this, but its so easy for everyone to blame the united states...these people do not care about human life, they would blow themselves up just over a religous believe if it means killing others....yes I will say it, Barbarions....but they all will point the finger at us now.

It seems clear we are the red headed step child in the room.

As the international community takes swipes at us / US we will continue to endure the slander.

We know that our efforts have helped Iraq in their quest for democracy.

Does this sound crazy about now ?

I am sure that there is more to follow here as the gangsters of Iraq try to derail the new governmental polices and members.

We can and must hope that we/ United States have a plan for what is taking place now in Iraq.

Are we really surprised at the goings on?

Nobody in their right mind expected the Iraqi's to just go and live happily ever after.

Time to pray for Iraq and its people.

Lets hope that the emergency meeting in Iraq tomorrow produces some reliefs.

Quad B)

I posted over in Opinions the other day what I believe is happening. We are using Iraq as bait. We can't just go into Iran and bust them up and get rid of Mamhoud and their nuke facilities.. So we use Iraq to draw them out. Once they start moving on Iraq we go in and clean Iran's clock. Watch and see.

Edited by Goeers
  • Upvote 4

There's a lot of places to go but I'll park my comments here. I feel sorry for the innocent people and their families. The jackwipes behind this...brought to justice. Meanwhile, they have a genius CBI President, who is a Doctor...who is eons ahead of his country's leaders in terms of intelligence. Go figure.

I posted over in Opinions the other day what I believe is happening. We are using Iraq as bait. We can't just go into Iran and bust them up and get rid of Mamhoud and their nuke facilities.. So we use Iraq to draw them out. Once they start moving on Iraq we go in and clean Iran's clock. Watch and see.

Haven't heard that in a while. Classic!

You know what I find curious, and a bit ironic. When George Bush went into Iraq in 2003 he was mauled by the mainstream U.S. media as being responsible for tens of thousands of Iraqi deaths...with blood on his hands. Now that our illustrious leader has precipitously pulled out all remaining American troops, against the advise of his military leaders (to essentially ingratiate himself with his rabid left base) he is throwing the Iraqi people to the wolves and into chaos...hence the bombings today on a wide scale. Don't hold your breath waiting for the same condemnation from the leftist mainstream media. Apparently they are only outraged when bloodshed is caused by the right, but remain silent when the same is done by one of their own on the extreme left. The media proves once again that they are motivated by political agenda and not by objective journalism (I do not include Fox News with this bunch). Neville Chamberlain would be proud of our president and his lackeys in the media.

• Upvote 6

Four thousand plus Americans killed as well as tens of thousands wounded and we walk out. This was not a well thought out move although it looks good on the surface to be out of this war. Unfortunately we'll pay the price in harsher terms with our nations security. I've mentioned this once before We are still in Japan, Germany, and Korea long after those wars ended. Why do we think we did that? Its simple...These countries need to be protected further after these conflicts ended. Its in our national interest. Things were getting quiet in Iraq but now they're at risk. Being at the twilight of a possible World War lll depending on how we handle our enemies as well as our allies. We need a warrior Commander in Chief not a good talker.

You know what I find curious, and a bit ironic. When George Bush went into Iraq in 2003 he was mauled by the mainstream U.S. media as being responsible for tens of thousands of Iraqi deaths...with blood on his hands. Now that our illustrious leader has precipitously pulled out all remaining American troops, against the advise of his military leaders (to essentially ingratiate himself with his rabid left base) he is throwing the Iraqi people to the wolves and into chaos...hence the bombings today on a wide scale. Don't hold your breath waiting for the same condemnation from the leftist mainstream media. Apparently they are only outraged when bloodshed is caused by the right, but remain silent when the same is done by one of their own on the extreme left. The media proves once again that they are motivated by political agenda and not by objective journalism (I do not include Fox News with this bunch). Neville Chamberlain would be proud of our president and his lackeys in the media.

I agree.... not that it matters that I agreee but you are right on the money with your post. +1

Catpjohn:

The author blames Obama for leaving the Iraqis to fend for themselves. He may have a point. He cites violence and political polorization. (not unlike here)

I believe Obama is doing the right thing and for the right reason.(IMHO) Let me try and explain my view.

I believe this to be the case because in the big picture, the american people have gained nothing from the failed Bush plan for economic control of Iraq. We have not had Bush's words come true yet when he said: "The war will pay for itself" All the major oil contracts in Iraq went to China and Russia.We got zip!

We have not seen this plan come to fruition because it was not thought out well enough to include all the moving parts, and Bush is not known for his brains. He needed adult supervision.

This has left the American people holding the bag on the money he borrowed the to finance his war in Iraq. Tha war was running in the billions a day at some points. This debt was largely a contributing factor in the economic crisis that we are in today.

4500 good Americans were killed and countless others maimed and burnt sometimes beyond recognition. The returning veterans of the two wars will require decades of medical and financial assistance, and they deserve it!

But, ads another burden to the American people for many years to come. the war may have ended but costs have not yet all been tallied.

The returning troops are coming home to a country that does not have any opportunity for them because the economy is collapsing as we speak.

Contrary to what you may believe and with all due respect: We did not go to Iraq to liberate anyone in the noble sense. We went into Iraq to free it up financially and economically so the a chosen few could benefit. You and me and the majority here, were not in that bus!

Ironically, the plan was not well thought out, we only succeded in opening a can of worms.

Seasons greeting to all

Carlos

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

First Obama is a muslim who is supporting the muslim faith and trying to turn american into a muslim state...NOW he's "leaving iraq to the wolves" aka turning his back on the muslims that he is supposed to be a part of and letting them kill themselves....

the media needs to STFU!!!!

people who read the media and believe the sea saw crap they dish out need to learn how to use logic and analysis

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Oh my goodness....this world we live in! I don't see any of the naysayer countries moving more troops to Iraq to fill the void. Damned if you do....Damned if you don't. :angry:

GO RV, then BV

Happy holidays all.

Welcome to the reality of the Middle East! LOL!! Anyone who knows the culture could see this coming a mile away! Just hate saying "I told you so" to some folks. Awright Mr. Obama, what's the next move? You pulled the troops out, so what next? :blink:

• Upvote 2

First Obama is a muslim who is supporting the muslim faith and trying to turn american into a muslim state...NOW he's "leaving iraq to the wolves" aka turning his back on the muslims that he is supposed to be a part of and letting them kill themselves....

the media needs to STFU!!!!

people who read the media and believe the sea saw crap they dish out need to learn how to use logic and analysis

Duuuuude.......O has to pull the troops so the Muslim Brotherhood can take control. Can't you see them sweeping every Middle East country's Government away with revolution, hell we helped them in Lybia!

Obama is a muslim alright...........an EXTREMIST one........................Obama is in the Muslim Brotherhooddry.gif

The Brotherhood will try to unite the Middle east as one under their control

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 5

Catpjohn:

The author blames Obama for leaving the Iraqis to fend for themselves. He may have a point. He cites violence and political polorization. (not unlike here)

I believe Obama is doing the right thing and for the right reason.(IMHO) Let me try and explain my view.

I believe this to be the case because in the big picture, the american people have gained nothing from the failed Bush plan for economic control of Iraq. We have not had Bush's words come true yet when he said: "The war will pay for itself" All the major oil contracts in Iraq went to China and Russia.We got zip!

We have not seen this plan come to fruition because it was not thought out well enough to include all the moving parts, and Bush is not known for his brains. He needed adult supervision.

This has left the American people holding the bag on the money he borrowed the to finance his war in Iraq. Tha war was running in the billions a day at some points. This debt was largely a contributing factor in the economic crisis that we are in today.

4500 good Americans were killed and countless others maimed and burnt sometimes beyond recognition. The returning veterans of the two wars will require decades of medical and financial assistance, and they deserve it!

But, ads another burden to the American people for many years to come. the war may have ended but costs have not yet all been tallied.

The returning troops are coming home to a country that does not have any opportunity for them because the economy is collapsing as we speak.

Contrary to what you may believe and with all due respect: We did not go to Iraq to liberate anyone in the noble sense. We went into Iraq to free it up financially and economically so the a chosen few could benefit. You and me and the majority here, were not in that bus!

Ironically, the plan was not well thought out, we only succeded in opening a can of worms.

Seasons greeting to all

Carlos

Iraqi government approval of the assignment describes 60 wells in the Zubair oil field to be implemented by U.S. company

12.21.2011 | (Voice of Iraq) - Add comments - Baghdad - Where is the clearest statement of the Iraqi government agreed on Tuesday to refer the pits [60] a well in the Zubair oil field to a U.S. company for the implementation of standing for three years. He said government spokesman Ali al-Dabbagh In a statement received by all of Iraq [where] a copy of "The Council of Ministers decided at its fifty-fifth regular session yesterday, Tuesday 21 December 2011, approved the recommendation of the Committee on Energy on demand and the oil ministry's referred tender for the drilling [60] well in the Zubair field in a manner the project ready turnkey and implementation period of three years the company [baker Hughes] U.S. total amount of [640] million dollars, taking into consideration with the Ministry for the safety of contractual procedures. " He added that the "Committee for Energy Affairs has forwarded the request of the Ministry oil approve the tender numbered [35/2010/AC/ZU] Special issue of drilling [60] a well in the Zubair field to the Cabinet for approval with the announcement of the project in direct advocacy has responded six companies out of ten companies and RPR display three companies matching and acceptance of a [schlumberger, Baker Hughes] and (Halliburton), so was summoned for the purpose of providing bids brand. " Ali al-Dabbagh said the "Management Committee co-management [JMC)] recommended that initially refer the tender total amount of [813] million dollars, distributed between the company [baker Hughes] the amount of referral [600] million dollars and the company [Halliburton] amount [213] million dollars was the tender offer by the Committee on Contracts, the central Ministry of Oil on the Department of reservoirs and field development for the purpose statement of the reasonableness of prices and found that the cost of the tender by the Kuester accredited the Service to calculate the cost of licensing contracts is [601] million, or that the amount of referral higher than the cost calculated according to the program by [35]%, then the Management Committee the joint to hold a meeting of Chairman of the Committee and the Department of reservoirs and field development and the company [ENI)] Italian and contracting companies for the purpose of Commitment reasonably prices. " The government spokesman, said the "company [baker Hughes] America has responded to the directives of the Minister of Oil and the Management Committee Joint abide reasonably prices and the reduction of prices of some paragraphs of its bid first becomes the amount of referral total [640] million dollars and in conformity with the technical specifications required and lower prices, "adding that" consent to the assignment of drilling project of [60] well come in pursuit of the Iraqi government to support the oil sector and the development of its facilities and increase production capacity by drilling new wells in producing fields, which leads to potential export oil high, another of the projects strategic needs of the oil sector in Iraq, particularly that on the verge of a quantum leap in terms of production and export capacities resulting from decades of oil licensing rounds.

Read more:

Edited by yota691
  • Upvote 1

Welcome to the reality of the Middle East! LOL!! Anyone who knows the culture could see this coming a mile away! Just hate saying "I told you so" to some folks. Awright Mr. Obama, what's the next move? You pulled the troops out, so what next? :blink:

He has no "next move" :o ...I hope the other-side becomes educated and gets it correct (RIGHT) next time around...cause it's one & done.....if G.W. was still involved we wouldn't have this issue....cause he would've waited until they RV'd before we pulled out ;)

Edited by GotSix
  • Upvote 1

He has no "next move" :o ...I hope the other-side becomes educated and gets it correct (RIGHT) next time around...cause it's one & done.....if G.W. was still involved we wouldn't have this issue....cause he would've waited until they RV'd before we pulled out ;)

Yeah, and G.W. had the cojones to make them live up to their agreements and keep them in line til they got their proverbial shiite together. All Osama bin Bama ever wanted was us OUT of Iraq, irrelevent of the consequences.

Need to find this in the British newspapers. The translation is difficult to read, but it maybe slanted by the Iraqi news. IMO.

Here's the only quote of "obama" and "leave Iraq to the wolves" that I could find. It's quoting Tariq Aziz and it's from August of 2010. The "leave Iraq to the wolves" is just too perfect a sound-bite not to use in quotations.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/feedarticle/9209374

I'm no big fan of the current administration, but I think that this is the Iraqi media contorting an old story. If anybody can find a recent story -- like just before or just after or right as the US troops left Iraq -- go for it.

Yeah, and G.W. had the cojones to make them live up to their agreements and keep them in line til they got their proverbial shiite together. All Osama bin Bama ever wanted was us OUT of Iraq, irrelevent of the consequences.

"You got that right" (by the way that is a great "Skynryd" song)...let's see how he adresses this to the US...more importantly to the troops that served & their families....I think I know what he'll be saying....."Gimmie three steps and you'll never see me no-more" :o:o:o (another great "Skynryd" song)

• Upvote 2