Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The parliament will be held tomorrow Friday an emergency meeting of heads of Blocs

k98nights

The parliament will be held tomorrow Friday an emergency meeting of heads of Blocs

22/12/2011 ad-12: 00 | readers number: 113

The council president said the Iraqi house of representatives Osama Al-Najafi, Thursday, that the parliament will be held the day after tomorrow Friday, an emergency meeting of the heads of parliamentary blocs to discuss the political and security crisis and coordination with the executive branch, and called on the heads of Blocs to attend the meeting.

He said the media adviser to the president of the Council of Deputies Eden اصو in an interview to "Sumerian News", that "the presidency of the House of Representatives will be held, at three o'clock in the afternoon on tomorrow, Friday, an emergency meeting of the heads of parliamentary blocs to discuss the current political and security crisis and find appropriate solutions to the reduction of its development," he pointed out that "the meeting will discuss also coordinate with the executive branch to solve those problems," he said.

And added اصو that " speaker of the House of Representatives of the Osama Al-Najafi called on all heads of Blocs to attend the meeting."

http://www.burathanews.com/news_article_144809.html

Iraq's Parliament to convene Friday to discuss security deterioration

12/22/2011 1:03 PM

BAGHDAD / Aswat al-Iraq: The Iraqi Parliament's Speaker's Commission has called Thursday for an emergency meeting for the leaders of the

political blocs on Friday, to discuss the deteriorated security and political situation in the country, a Parliament statement reported.

"The Parliament's Speaker's Commission has decided to hold an emergency meeting of the leaders of the political forces at the Parliament's

building at 03:00 pm local time on Friday to follow up the security and political situation and to coordinate with the Executive Authority to treat

the current developments and find proper solutions for same," the statement stressed.

Different areas of Baghdad had witnessed a series of explosions, killing and wounding of dozens of civilians, at a time when the country is

witnessing a serious political crisis, caused by the charges against Vice-President and Leader of al-Iraqiya Bloc, Tareq al-Hashimy, with being

behind terrorist acts and a decision to arrest him, along with a decision by Prime Minister, Nouri al-Maliki, to withdraw trust from his Deputy

Prime Minister, Saleh al-Mutlaq, also an Iraqiya leader.

SKH (PT)

http://en.aswataliraq.info/(S(jofiqv55rmt1jh3ysnbimp55))/Default1.aspx?page=article_page&id=146146&l=1

• Upvote 5

Wonder if CIA Director, Petraeus had anything to do with this meeting?

Looks like he did because he meet with the Iraqi list and dropped the bomb shell that the US knew of the crimes!

So it looks like the US is backing up Maliki on the charges of terrorisim being brought forward against the VP.

Petraeus met with all sides so they ALL know the US has the truth in the situation so we should see something happen quick.

December 21, 2011

Petraeus aware of crimes Hashemi

An official source in the Iraqi List, that head of U.S. intelligence (CIA), which served as the commander of U.S. occupation forces in Iraq earlier (David Petraeus) arrived in haste to Baghdad after receiving a phone call from a Gulf state and leaders of the Iraqi List ask him to attend the emergency meeting held last Monday at the home of the leadership in Iraq Rafie al-Issawi.

The source said that (Petraeus) and the U.S. ambassador in Baghdad (James Jeffrey) participated in the emergency meeting on the serious accusations against Hashemi. According to the source, (Petraeus) surprised the audience by saying he has information about the involvement of al-Hashemi and his involvement in the criminal operations, but added to say that The time then was not allowed to disclose it, adding that he was aware of the issuance of arrest warrant against the latter

http://translate.goo...2Falrayy.com%2F

Read more:

Edited by coolbeans
  • Upvote 2

Thanks for the find K98... this could hold some promise... we shall see, but I ain't holding my breath!dry.gif

Maybe this whole thing with Allawi will help oust some of the rabel rousers and get things back on track.... wow, that sure would be nice! Come on boyz... gitter dun!biggrin.gif

GO RV Already Baby!!!cool.gif

• Upvote 1

I just don't understand why the Iraqi parliament is getting so worked up about the rash of bombings today. It was just yesterday that our beloved vise-president Joe said that "Al Queida is not our enemy". So Joe, just who are these pesky little trouble makers that killed 60 and maimed about 130 others?

• Upvote 2

Sounds great. But what exactly is the heads of blocs? Would that only be certain members? Just wondering if a vote would even be possible if only part of the assembly was present. Not that they ever have a full assembly anyway. LOL.

I think its actually Block Heads! :eyebrows:

Quad B)

• Upvote 3

What I am curious about is the source of the bombings----there is no memtion of suscide bombers --so it seems it is not from your normal run of mill terrorists---this is something different, quite possibly something learned from terrorists, I am afraid that bombing may have become a political tool now to get their own way much like assacination using a silencer on a pistol.

• Upvote 1

Good post. I am certainly glad they are meeting and that THEY know that the U.S. knows what is going on, or at least who is responsible. Arrests will remove the criminals, but it doesn't say much for the "sovereignty" of the GOI. To get rid of the opposition would be to arrest half of Iraq!

What has not been achieved is the training of the GOI and ALL representatives from each side. They are still doing politics the MEastern way: if someone opposes your way of thinking, kill them; if I don't like your politics, off with your head! It is their way of changing governments. Democracy is still difficult for them to understand. (Sometimes I believe it is hard for us to understand.)

Hopefully they will get this "worked out" and the sides can sit down at the same table without a bomb in their pants.

We need to pray that calm heads will prevail at the meeting and that order can be restored.

Jan. 4 would be a good day to RV!

• Upvote 2

What I am curious about is the source of the bombings----there is no memtion of suscide bombers --so it seems it is not from your normal run of mill terrorists---this is something different, quite possibly something learned from terrorists, I am afraid that bombing may have become a political tool now to get their own way much like assacination using a silencer on a pistol.

CIA or BLACK OPS?

They are gonna TALK about it, then they will throw a temper tantrum, then they will throw shoes, then they will walk out.....sorry, but the truth hurts.....

We need to glue these a$$h01es to their seats so they can not walk out and take away their shoes. :lol: When they are done throwing a tantrum perhaps they will get something done.

• Upvote 2