Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq Politicians: US did not work to remove Iraq from CH VII during the years of occupation

Docneose

Iraq Politicians: US did not work to remove Iraq from CH VII during the years of occupation

Posted: December 21, 2011 in Iraq: Chapter VII, Iraqi Dinar/Politics

Tags: Chapter VII of the United Nations Charter, Iraq, kuwait, Kuwaiti, United Nation, United Nations Secretary General, United States, Washington

Congress’s (people): Washington does not work on removing Iraq from Chapter VII during the years of occupation

Posted 20/12/2011 04:24 PM

Opinions varied in the ability of the United States to help Iraq out of Chapter VII and the international sanctions imposed on it since 1990.

MP for the high-mass white Nassif said the United States did not work during the years of its occupation of Iraq to take him out of international sanctions. She told (people) that Washington did not leave a positive effect in Iraq, but on the contrary, sought to stoke the differences between the Iraqis before the exit. She said the United States is working to promote the countries occupied by or under agreements with them and raise their capacity in various areas, but did not do that with Iraq, and now to suffer from the effects of international sanctions.

And continues to Iraq under Chapter VII, which consists of 13 articles by a number of outstanding issues with Kuwait, which has become a stumbling block to the return of Iraq to the international community, and enjoys a number of rights denied to them by the reckless policy of the former regime and the entry of his army into Kuwait on 2 August 1990, and subsequent international sanctions and blockades brought the country in a downward spiral.

For his part, notes the National Alliance MP Abdul Hadi al-Hassani said one of the files carried by the Prime Minister during his recent visit to Washington out of Iraq is the issue of international sanctions. Hasani said in a statement to (the people) demanded that Iraq and more than once, relieving them from Chapter VII, and that the dialogue is still continuing in this regard.

The strained relations with Kuwait, the most prominent obstacles to exit Iraq from Chapter VII, which consists of 13 articles, which is Resolution 678, passed in 1990 and the proposal to remove Iraq from Kuwait by force one of the terms of this chapter, and Iraq remains under Tailth, because the survival of several issues pending, such as the remains of Kuwaiti citizens and prisoners in Iraq and Kuwaiti property, including the archives of the Amiri Diwan, the Crown Prince’s Court, and the issue of environmental awards and oil which do not relate only to the State of Kuwait and other Arab countries and companies still have some rights.

But despite this there are international efforts to mediate a convergence of views between the governments of Iraq and Kuwait, including the call representative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations in Iraq Martin Kobler, who confirmed the readiness of the United Nations to mediate in the reconstruction of relations between Iraq and Kuwait to normal.

http://bit.ly/voLjiz

• Upvote 1

Really? What about Iraq not getting their GOI complete, not finishing up their HCL, nor creating their democracy? When did you get any of the big things that UNSC asked to get done get done?

When you point one finger at somebody, remember you have a few fingers pointing back at yourself!

Get yourself back together IRAQ! and JUST RV!!

-lionfish

• Upvote 2

It is about time for these politicians to get off their hands pick up the pens and start signing off on this stuff that must be done.

As they procrastinate the situation only gets worse for the Iraqi people.

Many anticipate changes soon but all the bickering amongst themselves makes intelligent people scratch their heads and say what the hell are they thinking now?

Fighting has been their way of life for thousands of years and economic issues obviously take a back seat to that.

I believe we ARE on the edge of something happening now .

Let's just see if they can get this thing done!

Go RV!!

Quad B)

• Upvote 2

Really? What about Iraq not getting their GOI complete, not finishing up their HCL, nor creating their democracy? When did you get any of the big things that UNSC asked to get done get done?

When you point one finger at somebody, remember you have a few fingers pointing back at yourself!

Get yourself back together IRAQ! and JUST RV!!

-lionfish

EXACTLY- NO Article 140, missing persons, archives, and compensation as well. Bunch of crybaby lazy victims...we should have just given all these GOI folks a a small monthly stipend until they got the checklist done, PERIOD. Hitting someone in the wallet is the only way to get things done. Thx for the post!!

Edited by thegente
  • Upvote 1

Today I was thinking about Chapter 7 and the UN. And really Iraq is stuck under the small stuff. Finding bodies, booty essentially. Which I can understand Kuwaits position, I would to if I was their country. :mellow: You know what I mean. Anyway I am not sure the UN really cares. I am not sure they want Iraq to be free of their jurisdiction. JMO

The typical Iraqi mentality. Get us out of Ch 7 so we can welsh on every agreement we ever made. We don't want to pay our debt, we want you to just go suck on it.

They been trying to crawfish since day one. I predict they'll try to lock the borders when the time comes. They've done it twice before and anyone holding currency outside Iraq was S....O....L. :blink: