Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Funding WARKA account

sugga10

SOS.

i have spent the last two days trying to wire funding to my Warka Account and my bank is refusing to do so without the physical address of the Warka Bank. Has anyone had this problem. If so can you give me the info. I took the email I received from Warka to my bank. I have call Citibank and they are just has confused as my bank. please help.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I didnt go to my bank..I went to citibank open up a checking and savings account and wired the money. You have to go in there to do it. I gave them the wire information and they charged me 25 dollars to do it. If you dont want to do that then here is a address I found, but I am not sure it is correct.... http://www.iraqdirectory.com/Business/?id=309

SOS.

i have spent the last two days trying to wire funding to my Warka Account and my bank is refusing to do so without the physical address of the Warka Bank. Has anyone had this problem. If so can you give me the info. I took the email I received from Warka to my bank. I have call Citibank and they are just has confused as my bank. please help.

I am encountering the same problem. My bank said I need the address for Warka Bank as well as a telephone number. I e-mailed Warka Bank as well as Mr. Issa 2 days ago but have not received any reply yet - I t hink they are off for the weekend. It appears that they only work Monday through Thursday ( I think).

I will post the info. if/when someone replies from Warka Bank.

its very simple if you have a citibank account.

1) Just log into your citibank account and click on transfer link

2) Then click via Wire Transfers To external accounts

Transfer to an Account in the U.S. or Abroad extra security required (fill in the required information)

3) Click Domestic Wire (USA Destination)

4) Now here you would fill in the amount that you want to transfer to your Warka account (USD), Beneficiary Name at top, ABA Fed Wire 021000089 Here I also put in New York and Bank name Citibank NA

Also, when you want to make the transfer (input date)

5) Click Next, now here you need to put the 36908969 (in account # at Citibank) fill in your address information, then on the right hand side under special instructions put your Name and Wark Bank USD account number. (this tell them to basically deposit into your Warka USD account)

6) Now you click next and you can click send wire, cancel wire, also you can save it as a template for later use.

I recommend just sending like $500 or whatever to test out first to make sure you can do it ( im sure it works because I've send a few myself this way and don't have to bother about talking to anybody and getting pissed because they don't understand what you're trying to do )

Once this is complete it should take about 3-4 days for it to show up into your Warka Account, just log into your Warka Account and see it. Once you see it there you can transfer between your USD to IQD accounts. Hope this helps, remember its a Domestic Transfer because its going from your bank to a bank in NY (what they do with it there is on them) wire fee is like $18 dollars

Goodluck and go RV already....its getting cold here in Afghanistan and I want to come home!

Hope this helps~! Make sure you check all the routing and ABA numbers

Edited by mqchau

Why don't you guys with Citibank accts already just follow my directions? If you do you can just do it all online without even talking to anyone from the bank?

It's too easy...up to you.

Goodluck hopefully you can get it in there before it RV's.

GO RV!!!!

Iraq is on the list of sanctioned countries to which you cannot directly wire funds.

The money is going to Citibank, or Commerzbank in Germany, and Warka has accounts with them, much like a local credit union has an account at a local bank. Part of the problem is that the people wiring funds do not understand this; I had some difficulty as well.

If you give them the Iraq address, your wire will be rejected. US citizens cannot wire funds to sanctioned countries.

I am encountering the same problem. My bank said I need the address for Warka Bank as well as a telephone number. I e-mailed Warka Bank as well as Mr. Issa 2 days ago but have not received any reply yet - I t hink they are off for the weekend. It appears that they only work Monday through Thursday ( I think).

You will probably not get any reply if you emailed during their weekend. You should send emails during their office hours only (Sunday - Thursday).

• Upvote 1

WARKA Bank

Full Address

Al - Wihda , Q 902 , St. 14. Building 50. Baghdad, Iraq

Telephone 1+964-1-7172828

Fax 1 +964-1-7179555

Thanks Carrello. I'll give this information to my bank tomorrow and have them do the wire. Mahalo!

Iraq is on the list of sanctioned countries to which you cannot directly wire funds.

The money is going to Citibank, or Commerzbank in Germany, and Warka has accounts with them, much like a local credit union has an account at a local bank. Part of the problem is that the people wiring funds do not understand this; I had some difficulty as well.

If you give them the Iraq address, your wire will be rejected. US citizens cannot wire funds to sanctioned countries.

BrokeNoMore - the wire is going to Commerzbank in Germany, but my bank says they need the recipient's address. I don't think this should matter because the wire is going to Germany. But we'll see...I hope it goes through.

You will probably not get any reply if you emailed during their weekend. You should send emails during their office hours only (Sunday - Thursday).

Joe - I got a reply from Mr. Issa last night. They are pretty good about responding. Thanks.

Why don't you guys with Citibank accts already just follow my directions? If you do you can just do it all online without even talking to anyone from the bank?

It's too easy...up to you.

Goodluck hopefully you can get it in there before it RV's.

GO RV!!!!

Mqchau - if I still have problems with the wire, I will give Citibank a try. I don't have a Citibank account so I guess I'll have to open up a n account online. I don't think they have any branches in Hawaii as I've never seen them here. Thanks.

Can someone tell me if their recent wire to Commezrbank in Germany went through with very little information? I received the email that my accounts have been set up along with these wiring instructions.

All I got was their USD account number and the Swift code and the bank name in Germany.

I've never sent an international wire without providing far more information than this. Usually they want the banks address and the receipient name and address which in this case is Warka.

Also you would have to put your name and account number in the special instructions correct?

Why are they sending some of us to Germnay?

this is my email instructions:

Please advise your bank to direct your USD wire transfer to our corresponding bank in Germany Commerzbank below are the complete wire transfer instructions:

Warka Bank for Investment and Finance USD Account Number at Commerzbank : 400875402000

Account Name at Commerzbank: Warka Bank for Investment & Finance

Corresponding Bank Name: Commerzbank AG Frankfurt Germany

BIC - Swift Address: COBADEFFXXX

Beneficiary name and account number : Your name and account number at Warka Bank for Investment and Finance.

Best regards,

Customer Accounts Dept.

International Affairs

Warka Bank for Investment and Finance

Can someone tell me if their recent wire to Commezrbank in Germany went through with very little information? I received the email that my accounts have been set up along with these wiring instructions.

All I got was their USD account number and the Swift code and the bank name in Germany.

I've never sent an international wire without providing far more information than this. Usually they want the banks address and the receipient name and address which in this case is Warka.

Also you would have to put your name and account number in the special instructions correct?

Please advise your bank to direct your USD wire transfer to our corresponding bank in Germany Commerzbank below are the complete wire transfer instructions:

Warka Bank for Investment and Finance USD Account Number at Commerzbank : 400875402000

Beneficiary name and account number : Your name and account number at Warka Bank for Investment and Finance.

Best regards,

Customer Accounts Dept.

International Affairs

My bank just declined to do the bank wire because the beneficiary (Warka Bank) is in Iraq. I tried to explain to them that it was going through Commerzbank in Germany, but they said the beneficiary was still in Iraq so they couldn't do it. I guess I will have to try to open a Citibank account and do the wire that way. what a pain!!!

My bank just declined to do the bank wire because the beneficiary (Warka Bank) is in Iraq. I tried to explain to them that it was going through Commerzbank in Germany, but they said the beneficiary was still in Iraq so they couldn't do it. I guess I will have to try to open a Citibank account and do the wire that way. what a pain!!!

Have you thought about wiring to the Citibank in New York instead of Germnay. I'm thinking of trying that instead of the Germany account. I have a feeling my bank will want a recipient's address also.You are right, this is a pain.

That is good news. They have earlier stated that they delete emails arriving out of office hours without reading them.

Nice customer service. :angry: I wonder if I do that if I'll get fired.

Nice way to cut down on the work load.

After we wait for what, a week for a response anyway...???

I have my Account in germany. U just tell them that the corresponding bank is in germany so u give them the adddress in irag and also the the swift code for commerzbank in germany i never had any problems and tell them to wire transfer the money into ur USD ACCCOUNT i never had any problems.Just explain them that warka bank is from irag but they have there corresponding bank in germany so this is where ur account is and where u want ur money to go. all they really need is the swift code. it takes one week or maybe a little longer til the money arrives pretty easy. Cheers

Have you thought about wiring to the Citibank in New York instead of Germnay. I'm thinking of trying that instead of the Germany account. I have a feeling my bank will want a recipient's address also.You are right, this is a pain.

Goldiegirl - I'll try to do the wire with Citibank, but I'm quite sure that as long as the recipient bank is in Iraq, they won't do it. If you are successful, please let us know. Thanks.

I have my Account in germany. U just tell them that the corresponding bank is in germany so u give them the adddress in irag and also the the swift code for commerzbank in germany i never had any problems and tell them to wire transfer the money into ur USD ACCCOUNT i never had any problems.Just explain them that warka bank is from irag but they have there corresponding bank in germany so this is where ur account is and where u want ur money to go. all they really need is the swift code. it takes one week or maybe a little longer til the money arrives pretty easy. Cheers

6ly- I tried telling my bank that, but they still wouldn't do it. I'll try something else. I'm at my wits end to get this Warka account funded. If I can't do it, I'll just buy more dinar here and hope for the best. Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Customer Accounts Dept.

International Affairs

I just thought of something...I wonder if I should have put MY name and address (in Hawaii) as the Beneficiary name and address on the bank wire- with my Warka account number??? Did anyone do it this way? Trying to do this wire transfer to the Warka account is so frustrating!

I just thought of something...I wonder if I should have put MY name and address (in Hawaii) as the Beneficiary name and address on the bank wire- with my Warka account number??? Did anyone do it this way? Trying to do this wire transfer to the Warka account is so frustrating!

Yes you are supposed to put your name as Beneficiary name and your USD warka bank account on the wire. Otherwise they don't know who it goes to.

I was able to send it and got an email today saying that my account was fully funded

I just got my email from Warka; they've received my wire.

I wired directly from my local credit union to Commerzbank in Germany. There was no address on the wire.

I called my credit union after I got home because I realized that for the wire, they used my home address that was on my account, rather than my business address that is on my Warka account. I had a great conversation with the rep who told me not to worry because none of that information actually follows the wire; the only part that is attached to the wire is the routing numbers and account numbers: addresses aren't part of the actual wire. I don't know if names are or not.

Your local bank is who is making this difficult. The address is not required for the wire to go thru; this is your bank's policy. They are trying to make sure that the sanctioned countries don't get the money even though they don't have to.

Each bank's wiring form is a little different. I had to help the teller figure it out; she really didn't know what to do. We ended up putting my account number at Warka under "additional comments." and using the other numbers to Commerzbank under "beneficiary" which apparently means "recipient".

Is there any possibility of getting another teller next time? Or is it one person who handles this?

This is the address for Commerzbank, taken right from their website:

Head Office

Commerzbank AG

60261 Frankfurt/Main

Phone: +49 69 136-20

Fax: +49 69 285-389

I hope this helps you :)