Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Anyone know why Banks were shut down in Australia?

suzieQ

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about why the banks in Australia were shut down yesterday from mid day to midnight no one could withdraw from ATMs or get in the banks? I have a friend I play online poker with and he said no one could get any money out yesterday from mid day till midnight. He tried all day and then finally after midnight the ATMs were back working?:blink:

Hmmm...east meets west?

Yikes...wrong section?....sorry if I posted in wrong place:o

Edited by suzieQ

Thanks...I was hoping maybe there were some Aussies on board...;) I only play poker with this guy and he was complaining about not being able to get money from his bank and tried atm...then realized other banks were down as well. I just found it kind of ironic...nothing was ever mentioned about IQD...he was just venting about how he couldn't go to the bar cause he couldn't get any money...:P

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about why the banks in Australia were shut down yesterday from mid day to midnight no one could withdraw from ATMs or get in the banks? I have a friend I play online poker with and he said no one could get any money out yesterday from mid day till midnight. He tried all day and then finally after midnight the ATMs were back working?blink.gif

Hmmm...east meets west?

Yikes...wrong section?....sorry if I posted in wrong place:o

It was a computer glitch with one of the main banks. Affected ATM withdrawals, internet banking etc. Only affected one bank.

It was a computer glitch with one of the main banks. Affected ATM withdrawals, internet banking etc. Only affected one bank.

Thank you...;) May I ask if you are in Australia and if you can see any kind of IQD rate from there? I just asked him to check Forex out of curiosity and he said there is no IQD listed anywhere...not even for US/IQD?

Thank you...;) May I ask if you are in Australia and if you can see any kind of IQD rate from there? I just asked him to check Forex out of curiosity and he said there is no IQD listed anywhere...not even for US/IQD?

Now that's interesting. :D I hope we see a reboot with a change in the program rate. :D Hopefully 1:1

Thank you...wink.gif May I ask if you are in Australia and if you can see any kind of IQD rate from there? I just asked him to check Forex out of curiosity and he said there is no IQD listed anywhere...not even for US/IQD?

I guess it would depend which site he is looking at. As far as I can tell, some sites list IQD and some don't. Once it becomes an internationally traded currency it will show up on all of the sites.

I believe it will happen simultaneously around the world, if/when it does it change. Don't put too much credence into the east/west, timezone thing.