Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Relax and tell me what you will get with your dinar

Thanks Cooked, we all need to relax that's for sure. As for me I want to stick with the plan I have in place and the first part is travel to Vancouver, B.C., via the Canadian Rockies rail system for vacation and setting up the future for myself and my family.

What else to do? I don't know really. OMG!!! What's happened to my brain? "Relax, just relax...", I tell myself.

Cooked said this is to relax.

My mind then starts wondering again. What to do? So I have a hundred things come into my head. I force my self again to relax and made just a list of three things. The other 97 will have to wait.

They are:

1. Buy waterfront or mountain land somewhere in the north and set up a log ranch home with an office. As to start a business, I can't say 100% yet, unless it's advised as necessary for asset protection. I've been thinking lakefront in Nevada, either Vegas area or Lake Tahoe. But it gets crowded and there are a lot of tourists. So maybe elsewhere, somewhere serene.

2. For relaxation, a villa in Cyprus, which I'll lease while there. May consider a purchase and lease it to others. Depends on taxes and investment and earnings potential.

3. For golf, a vacation cottage in Scotland, which I'll lease while there. May also consider a purchase and lease it to others. Also depends on taxes and investment and earnings potential.

Thanks, Cooked, I can go to watch TV now and really relax now. :D

• Upvote 1

If I were to become suddenly rich I'm still not sure I would be able to get past the sticker shock of a brand new vehicle. I've purchased two in my lifetime but all the others have been "gentley" driven. There is one cadillac CTS-V calling my name though. :P Anyone else think it would be a problem even if you could afford it?

I'll just settle for my autovac I've requested. This dog hair drives me insane. You'd think a short haired mutt wouldn't shed but no.

• Upvote 1

After giving my tithe to worthy ministries, I'd pay off all our debts and buy a new car. :D My children each have as many dinars as I do, and I gave them each a large portion of my inheritance from my father. So I rest easy now that they will be OK in the future. I have a home that I love, so will be just fine right here. I've lived in many houses from a small "starter" home to a 6,000 sq. ft. house on the Tennessee River with a view that went all the way to the NC mountains. What I have now is right in between the two, filled with lots of love, and is just right!! But since I love to cook, I will buy a new professional gas stove!!

My sweet husband has multiple sclerosis and no amount of money will make that right. But I want to do something FUN, take him on a cruise, buy some of the neat HAM radio equipment he wants, drink lots of champagne, and not worry any more about having enough money to buy the things we need and would like to have. What a relief that will be!!

I sure hope it comes soon. I'm waiting and getting excited that maybe it is just going to happen. :rolleyes: And you guys are great. Good luck to each of you.

cdg

• Upvote 3

For relaxation, a villa in Cyprus, which I'll lease while there.

End Quote

Heard only good things about Cyprus. And it's also a Tax Haven.

Umbertino, I spent a week there in warmth and sunshine, loved every day. And a lot of English spoken there too being formally ruled by Great Britain. Stayed in a hotel on the beach for a little over 50 dollars a night in Limassol. Thanks for the info about the tax haven, I wasn't sure what the situation on that was.

• Upvote 1

Umbertino, I spent a week there in warmth and sunshine, loved every day. And a lot of English spoken there too being formally ruled by Great Britain. Stayed in a hotel on the beach for a little over 50 dollars a night in Limassol. Thanks for the info about the tax haven, I wasn't sure what the situation on that was.

ON A SERIOUS NOTE....I know people don't like to say how much they have. Y'all keep talking about how you will retire or live off your money and not work. How much dinar is that if this thing RV's at 1:1? Greater thank 1 mill, 2 mill, 3 mill, or more dinar? I have less than a million dinar for my wife and me, and have some dinar for each of my children. I know what we have will pay off our bills and allow money for a retirement account. Hopefully would have something extra for us to do some fun stuff with. Anyways go RV

• Upvote 1

Well, I don't drink so getting drunk is out. My only debt is a credit card for about six hundred dollars so that is no big deal. I have no great urge to travel at the moment. All of my "gifting" is already done. And yes, as others who feel they could use a return to sanity, I can say that "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." so I might go looking for that.

In practical terms it would depend on when the RV happens. If I found out about it early in the morning I would consider trying to bribe my doctor, or find another source, for some pain killers that would actually WORK, darnit !!!!

If it were in the middle of my day I'd be on line ordering books I have wanted to get complete sets of for so long, and that would be fun.

If it happened in the evening I might just vegetate until the next day trying to really take in the realization of what has happened.

But taking the question very seriously, and giving it serious thought, I would have to say that not much would change for a while. Once there was money in the bank or buried in a tin coffee can in the back yard, I would be very generous to those around me and be paying for things for them. That's just how I am. Believe it or not my bank tellers are still treating me as some kind of wierdo ... one day as I was finishing up with my teller there was a woman beside me at the next teller who started crying. There were extra charges on her account and she had to pay them first before she could get any money out. She was collecting the government supplement and that really hurt her. She would, as she said to her teller, have to cut down on groceries and hope the kids would keep eating Kraft Dinner and peanut butter sandwiches. I felt so bad for her. In the past I faced a similar situation. So, I took a folded amount from my wallet, leaned over on the way from my teller, and put it into her opeh purse and just said. "I know what you are going through, this will help." and left. I went to one of the manager's offices as we had a meeting scheduled and she came and burst in apologizing and crying tears of happy and I was so embarrassed. I can tell you guys about this because it is very unlikely I'll meet you and have to be embarrassed again. But it felt good, too, you know. So that is the kind of thing I would like to start with.

Yup, while my money manager person is dealing with the big gucks I will go around and be giving out littler bucks to people. Let them think I am the town crazy. I don't care. It would be so much fun. I don't expect to be around long here but if I can make it so that the money and I run out at the same time I'll be exceedingly happy.

That's it. Sorry to be so verbose ... sometimes I just get going like a snowball downhill.

:)

smee2

• Upvote 5

We know we have no control over what is going on with the dinar. Lets just relax and think good things. For fun lets say it RVs tonight and we all know how much money we wil have. What are you going to get your self(just you right now) with the money first.

I saw the house I want and think my wife and daughter will love it. how about you?

Buy a house and pay off all of my existing bills! Best plan ever!

Well, I don't drink so getting drunk is out. My only debt is a credit card for about six hundred dollars so that is no big deal. I have no great urge to travel at the moment. All of my "gifting" is already done. And yes, as others who feel they could use a return to sanity, I can say that "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." so I might go looking for that.

In practical terms it would depend on when the RV happens. If I found out about it early in the morning I would consider trying to bribe my doctor, or find another source, for some pain killers that would actually WORK, darnit !!!!

If it were in the middle of my day I'd be on line ordering books I have wanted to get complete sets of for so long, and that would be fun.

If it happened in the evening I might just vegetate until the next day trying to really take in the realization of what has happened.

But taking the question very seriously, and giving it serious thought, I would have to say that not much would change for a while. Once there was money in the bank or buried in a tin coffee can in the back yard, I would be very generous to those around me and be paying for things for them. That's just how I am. Believe it or not my bank tellers are still treating me as some kind of wierdo ... one day as I was finishing up with my teller there was a woman beside me at the next teller who started crying. There were extra charges on her account and she had to pay them first before she could get any money out. She was collecting the government supplement and that really hurt her. She would, as she said to her teller, have to cut down on groceries and hope the kids would keep eating Kraft Dinner and peanut butter sandwiches. I felt so bad for her. In the past I faced a similar situation. So, I took a folded amount from my wallet, leaned over on the way from my teller, and put it into her opeh purse and just said. "I know what you are going through, this will help." and left. I went to one of the manager's offices as we had a meeting scheduled and she came and burst in apologizing and crying tears of happy and I was so embarrassed. I can tell you guys about this because it is very unlikely I'll meet you and have to be embarrassed again. But it felt good, too, you know. So that is the kind of thing I would like to start with.

Yup, while my money manager person is dealing with the big gucks I will go around and be giving out littler bucks to people. Let them think I am the town crazy. I don't care. It would be so much fun. I don't expect to be around long here but if I can make it so that the money and I run out at the same time I'll be exceedingly happy.

That's it. Sorry to be so verbose ... sometimes I just get going like a snowball downhill.

:)

smee2

Smee, you are great. People like you make the world go round...

probably grabbing a blackd out everything 2011 chevy camaro then ill do a litle shopping for my new home in this awesome gated community about 45 mintues away from where i live. Pay off loans, help my mom out and take a long vacation in lake tahoe to go snow boarding and rent a cabin.

I'd go down the the local OWS encampment and help them out with legal services, clothes, gas masks...whatever they need. Then I'd go on tour speaking out against our idiot government owned by bankers...

I just got back from the south of France, and speak French - it is exquisite there. So I'd prob buy a small stone house on a few acres near the coast in the mountains of Provence. Buy a ticket on a jet seaplane to Nice for a round of parties.

I will build on my land in the Bahamas, in Great Exuma. Inherited the land, but never had enough to build on it. It is in a exclusive development with rules. But unbelievably pretty, on Elizabeth Harbor, a twenty mile bay, about a mile wide. Breathtaking.

I will buy a smallish sailboat, say 40' or less, Swan or Cheoy Lee, and sail thru the Bahamas, as I have done before in my youth on a borrowed sailboat.

I will give loans or gifts to friends who need it, and help my children, but not too much, so they stay self-reliant.

I will thank the love god/goddess of the universe for all the abundance we all know is out there for all of us.

Buy some land, add on to the house.

Newer used vehicles for the drivers in the family.

A couple of good show horses for me & my daughter (hunter/jumpers).

New clothes!!!

Travel abroad.

Maybe an RV for around here (recreational vehicle).

FNBPlanet, I like your idea of the self-sustaining farm, I've been accumulating books on the subject. I agree it may be a good idea to be able to live independently. Hopefully the PTB will allow it. If we keep heading the direction we're going, we may not have the choice.

I don't have time to be scared, so I'm skipping right to terrified. I might bury a cache of precious metals somewhere and buy a warehouse of batteries for when the EMP's hit. With batteries, one can be very popular at the swap meets that will replace the looted malls.

• Upvote 1

I will sell my current house, donate my camaro and navigator to family members, put the exchanged dinar in a high yield account and live abroad in the south pacific (Tahiti, Fiji, Bora Bora, Thailand, Phillipines) where I can get exponential growth in the exchange rate. I would come back to visit family and friends on special occasions (holidays/marriages/birthdays) and of course to see my Super Bowl Champion Baltimore Ravens in my private suite at M&T Bank Stadium.

Will definitely make a substantial donation to charities supporting returning and wounded troops.

Oh yeah, and if it is a good RV I'm buying an apartment in NYC next door to Tiffani929

....... :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1