Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

A country in the middle of a hornets nest

valtar

12-12-2011 Guru Bear 5642 JUST GOT WORD THIS IS NOW SET TO GO AND EVERYONE JUST GET READY...DONT BELIEVE THAT JANUARY 2012 BS...MALIKI WILL NOT LEAVE WITHOUT A TRADEABLE CURRENCY, PERIOD

I thought he stated that he would not come here without an RV :o:angry:

No RV very soon

Iraq faces many challenges as U.S. troops pull out, ranging from human rights issues to oil deals to national stability.

Meghan O'Sullivan, a Bush administration deputy national security adviser for Iraq and Afghanistan from 2004 to 2007, wrote that there is "reason to worry" in a recent analysis for Foreign Affairs posted on CNN's Global Public Square blog.

"The foundations of the Iraqi state remain shallow. Divisions within Iraq's ruling elite run deep," wrote O'Sullivan, now a professor at the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University. "A continued U.S. military presence would not have guaranteed peace and prosperity, but its removal increases the risks of failure in Iraq by eliminating the psychological backstop to a still delicate political system and by kicking open the door more widely to foreign interference."

U.S. officials have insisted that the drastic pullback of troops does not mean an end to the U.S. government's presence in Iraq.

"We are absolutely committed to be your partner to the extent you want us to be," Vice President Joe Biden told al-Maliki during a visit to Iraq earlier this month. "We stand ready to provide assistance."

The move is the start of "a new chapter" in the United States' relationship with Iraq, State Department spokesman Mark Toner said shortly after Obama announced the withdrawal in October.

Toner noted substantial improvements in the capabilities of the Iraqis, even as he admitted the continued importance of addressing "security needs" of the hundreds of non-military U.S. personnel who will remain there.

That includes about 1,700 diplomats, law enforcement officers and various economic, agriculture and other professionals and experts who will be in Iraq into 2012, according to the State Department. In addition, 5,000 security contractors will protect the U.S. diplomats and another 4,500 contractors will serve other roles, such as helping provide food and medical services, until they can be done locally.

Future U.S. involvement in training for Iraqi troops is also a possibility, U.S. officials have said.

"We will continue discussions on how we might help Iraq train and equip its forces -- again, just as we offer training and assistance to countries around the world," Obama said in October.

Earlier this month, al-Maliki said Iraq was becoming a more stable country. He said all Iraqis should be proud of what has been achieved, adding that it was not a success for any particular party, sect or ethnicity.

Al-Maliki made the comments during a ceremony honoring the sacrifices of both U.S. and Iraqi troops.

But the prime minister noted that Iraqis have paid a huge price in lives and property.

Officials and analysts have said the impact of the U.S. presence will echo for years to come.

"Iraqis, Americans and the world ultimately will judge us far more on the basis of what will happen than what has happened," former U.S. Ambassador to Iraq Ryan Crocker said in 2008 congressional testimony. "In the end, how we leave and what we leave behind will be more important than how we came."

http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/12/politics/obama-maliki/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

• Upvote 1

this may be the only time i agree with Bear ,BUT I heard from a friend that a (technical ) team will be retuning to iraq this week to monitor the trigger pull

Don't know any thing else but this may happen before the first

I know that goes against what i said in a prior post ( BUT IT IS WHAT IT IS) and I might have been wrong last week .

this has just come up in the last hour (I know one of the techs) he is packing as we speak..............(and he ant going to miss Christmas )

So I will leave it at that ...........

Praying for a dollar ............happy with 10 cents ..........but you can forget 3+

GOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRVVVVVVVVV

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

this may be the only time i agree with Bear ,BUT I heard from a friend that a (technical ) team will be retuning to iraq this week to monitor the trigger pull

Don't know any thing else but this may happen before the first

I know that goes against what i said in a prior post ( BUT IT IS WHAT IT IS) and I might have been wrong last week .

this has just come up in the last hour (I know one of the techs) he is packing as we speak..............(and he ant going to miss Christmas )

So I will leave it at that ...........

Praying for a dollar ............happy with 10 cents ..........but you can forget 3+

GOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRVVVVVVVVV

Thanks . Randalln. Sounds hopeful. Maybe a Christmas bonus is in store for us. :D

Go RV

this may be the only time i agree with Bear ,BUT I heard from a friend that a (technical ) team will be retuning to iraq this week to monitor the trigger.

by the way, what is a technical team?

Go RV

Hey randalln , have you heard from you friend going over to ME yet?

Thanks

Yep said they are linking up cell to banks system

I take that to mean removing whatever was blocking cell signals

that stuff is probably why he can't really say much more than that ................most of iraq is Wireless and sat. fed. my friend works for the compony that maintains it ......but he is just a tech. supervisor

but i would think with all the troops leaving they are getting ready to go global ..........

Maliki didn't come to the U.S. with an RV and he didn't leave with it either. No one knows when this will happen except maybe Maliki and, for sure, Shabibi. Everyone else that thinks they know, or has someone they know that knows, is full of it.

Edited by Captjohn
  • Upvote 1

Yep said they are linking up cell to banks system

I take that to mean removing whatever was blocking cell signals

that stuff is probably why he can't really say much more than that ................most of iraq is Wireless and sat. fed. my friend works for the compony that maintains it ......but he is just a tech. supervisor

but i would think with all the troops leaving they are getting ready to go global ..........

Awesome. Thanks for getting back with me. I would think he has to careful of what he talks about. Thanks for sharing .

Go RV