Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Tebow

rnolloth88

You're correct "they" the team are fun to watch but virtually no credit is given to the teamMany forget that football is a team sport.But all the media hype is about him,and no way in the world am i a raider fan.They do take advantage oppurunities they get.I did say the media is to blame,i probably should have worded my rant a little differently.

LOL!!!

Yes you did say the media is to blame, and I obviously agree rnolloth88! I don't think you deserve negs for your post, so I'm giving you a +1 to equal one out at least.

'Go RV!"

Cheers!

• Upvote 2

"He is not a good Q.B"

Really? :huh:

Fortunately, results in the NFL determine a quarterback's VALUE (is that the same as good?)...not opinions, like yours. :shakehead:

Hey, his declaration, that Jesus is his Lord and Saviour, is only a 15 second sound bite, compared to the 3 hours he spends winning games.

I guess it's all about what you consider relevant...his interview, or his performance (which incidentally, has little to do with his 'style' of throwing).

And, he's sorta like a Dinar Guru around here...if you don't want to listen to him, I recommend changing the channel... :wave:

Historically, QB's have been remembered for the amount of wins they've chalked up (he's currently 7 & 1), not how they delivered the ball.

I suggest that you watch a few MLB games next season, and notice if the pitcher's style, (and, there are NO TWO ALIKE) counts for ANYTHING in his won/lost column.

Nope. :shakehead:

Only results... :twothumbs:

Just like the NFL. :bow:

• Upvote 2

Maybe the media makes such a big deal out of him is because its RARE now a days when a professional athlete of any kind can manage to not let the fame and fortune and attention go to their heads and turn into jerks. I love the fact that my son has a professional athlete role model that he can actually look up to. Thats the problem...too many pros think they are ALL THAT and that the rules, morales, and everything else dosent apply to them. They forget that their fans helped get them where they are. Their fans not only adults but KIDS that look up to them. And if Tim Tebow has no problems praising God in front of the world well then good for him! I would rather see a man get down on his knee and pray on national TV in front of the world then hear about all their extra marital affairs, the dog fighting, their rape accusations, and their drug abuse. Go Tim Tebow for being a great athlete and a great person!...its refreshing in todays society to see someone get noticed because hes doing the RIGHT THING instead of getting media attention for something bad.

And of course...GO RV!

• Upvote 3

I evened you out, and I will even agree with you that he is not yet a great QB or even a average QB. But the fact remains, he has the Broncos in 1st in their division and continues to be magical and find a way put a win in the win column. This is why there is so much Tebow Talk. I actually watched the last two games of the Broncos to see him in action. I got to say, I will continue to watch (only the last part of the 4th quarter tho because that is when he gets divinely inspired to create his masterpiece). It is something special. Praise God!

Their kicker deserves more praise than he does. I've seen rookie QB's that were much more impressive but ofcourse they didn't have all the hype. He'll be considered great when he can play with a broken foot, broken finger, or injured ankle or pretty much anything else like a certain other QB... :P

• Upvote 2

Is anybody else sick of all the Tim Tebow talk?You'd think he was the second coming of christ.He is not a good Q.B. he is a good athlete with a great defense playing around him im just sick of all the hype for a guy thats obviously not a nfl caliber q.b.Sorry for the rant just dont like all the media coverage on him.Can't argue that he's a good guy just not a good q.b.

YOU GOT IT RIGHT, BROTHER! VERY NICE GUY....BUT, VERY VERY LUCKY HAPPENSTANCE CIRCUMSTANCES ABOUND FOR HIS WINS FOR THE MOST PART. IF THEY BEAT NEW ENGLAND, I WILL

CHANGE RELIGIONS!!!

• Upvote 1

I guess im getting -'s because i mentioned the next coming of christ. Maybe i shouldn't have put that,but it was question if anyone else is sick of the talk about him.Sorry i even brought it up.lol Oh yeah btw go R.V!!!!

Hey - the media needs something controversial to present to us - so don't get too upset at all the notoriety they have generated. Look at the Tebow thing this way: It replaces all the news of deviant, child molesting behavior prevalent in sports reporting. It is a breath of fresh air.

Let's be happy for Tim Tebow and anyone that is doing someone positive for that matter. I am sure he would be happy for all of us that purchased the dinar and when it revalues or reinstates, he would probably be the first to congratulate us on this accomplishment. "Go RV!

• Upvote 1

:twothumbs:

Their kicker deserves more praise than he does. I've seen rookie QB's that were much more impressive but ofcourse they didn't have all the hype. He'll be considered great when he can play with a broken foot, broken finger, or injured ankle or pretty much anything else like a certain other QB...

:twothumbs: This was the kind of point i was trying to make!! Nothing about religion strictly the position he plays.

I live in Colorado and we LOVE Tebow. What you have to remember is that he is a brand new QB who has only played in 6 games with little or no pre-season coaching. He gets better and better every week. Show me one great QB in the NFL who was not a rookie first. Plus, you gotta love the guy, never takes the credit away from his players and coaches, does so much with youth and particularly sick kids, and he's building a hospital in some third world country. What is NOT to love about this guy!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I live in Colorado and we LOVE Tebow. What you have to remember is that he is a brand new QB who has only played in 6 games with little or no pre-season coaching. He gets better and better every week. Show me one great QB in the NFL who was not a rookie first. Plus, you gotta love the guy, never takes the credit away from his players and coaches, does so much with youth and particularly sick kids, and he's building a hospital in some third world country. What is NOT to love about this guy!

Again my comment was strictly meant for his playing of the position.He does always give credit to the coaches and his teammates. I would rather here about him doing more for kids in this country and not a third world country though.There are plenty of kids and famalies in this country that could use help also,i personaly don't like the idea of the helping of the third world countries but again thats my opinion.

Their kicker deserves more praise than he does. I've seen rookie QB's that were much more impressive but ofcourse they didn't have all the hype. He'll be considered great when he can play with a broken foot, broken finger, or injured ankle or pretty much anything else like a certain other QB... :P

Good old Brett?? Did anyone see photos of his ankle after the NFC CG vs the Saints? Its amazing he played the following year.

He had a phenominal year that year (2009).. He even quoted it was one of his best, if not best personal seasons of all time.

How many players, QBs (of all people) can be a grandpa and still go out & play FB with the best of them?

But he got a lot of media hype (and people got sick of it).

Funny thing about the media, they'll exploit car-wreck scenario articles. What I mean by this, is people like the OP may be annoyed the Timmy, but, he'll still listen to or likely read the articles (even if he denies it). Others like him, who may have a dislike for Timmy will read about it.

Go to yahoo sports and read the comments. You'll see people post "Why is this news?" and etc. etc. page after page. Well guess what? They clicked it & the articles continue to make the press.

I think they got late-season momentum with a great defense. They may go far in the play-offs. I could even see a NFC CG out of them.

You're correct "they" the team are fun to watch but virtually no credit is given to the teamMany forget that football is a team sport.But all the media hype is about him,and no way in the world am i a raider fan.They do take advantage oppurunities they get.I did say the media is to blame,i probably should have worded my rant a little differently.

LOL!!!

Tebow: “I think my teammates make me look a lot better than I am,” At least he realizes it & that's what counts. :twothumbs: Your take on the media is dead on.

• Upvote 1

I think Tim T is the best thing going in sports!

It is so refreshing not to hear about a sports figure being arrested, breaking laws, abusing women, you know, the stuff we typically hear out of many sports figures.

Wow, he gives credit to the Lord! That is not so unusual, you see it from other players, but unfortunately you often have to look for, or listen for it. Tim wears it right on his sleeve, and shares from his heart. Even when reporters try to bait him into things he remains upbeat and optimistic.

I would be thrilled to see hundreds of sincere "Tebows" evolve out of his attention (including his skill level!) biggrin.gif

Good old Brett?? Did anyone see photos of his ankle after the NFC CG vs the Saints? Its amazing he played the following year.

He had a phenominal year that year (2009).. He even quoted it was one of his best, if not best personal seasons of all time.

How many players, QBs (of all people) can be a grandpa and still go out & play FB with the best of them?

But he got a lot of media hype (and people got sick of it).

Funny thing about the media, they'll exploit car-wreck scenario articles. What I mean by this, is people like the OP may be annoyed the Timmy, but, he'll still listen to or likely read the articles (even if he denies it). Others like him, who may have a dislike for Timmy will read about it.

Go to yahoo sports and read the comments. You'll see people post "Why is this news?" and etc. etc. page after page. Well guess what? They clicked it & the articles continue to make the press.

I think they got late-season momentum with a great defense. They may go far in the play-offs. I could even see a NFC CG out of them.

No, I was referring to another QB that has had some recent public problems (allegedly).....Big Ben!

And that's just it too....Tebow is only getting such "praises" because he wears his religion on his sleeve. I see all kinds of people that have never been Broncos fans before that all the sudden are following Tebow just because of this. Which is odd because really alot of players in the NFL do but this one gets all the hype. I just don't think he's that good of a QB yet to warrant all the attention. Might need to break out the footage of Big Ben's rookie year to show how it's really done!

Edited by JAT1980
  • Upvote 1

:tiphat:

No, I was referring to another QB that has had some recent public problems (allegedly).....Big Ben!

And that's just it too....Tebow is only getting such "praises" because he wears his religion on his sleeve. I see all kinds of people that have never been Broncos fans before that all the sudden are following Tebow just because of this. Which is odd because really alot of players in the NFL do but this one gets all the hype. I just don't think he's that good of a QB yet to warrant all the attention. Might need to break out the footage of Big Ben's rookie year to show how it's really done!

I am a die hard Broncos fan, have been for a very long time, Tebow's wins aren't pretty to say the least, but at the end of the day he keeps chalking one up in the Win column! At the end of the season that's all anybody sees, Win VS Losses! I think it's refreshing to have an athlete like him today! I do understand what you are going through as far as the media though, I'm her in St. Louis and all the media can talk about is Albert Pujols! So sick of hearing about him!

I have never been a huge Tebow fan, but, living in Ga. I got to see him play in college. He has a certain quality that very few athletes have - he finds a way to win. Here are blurbs about his seven wins this year.

Is he a future hall of fame QB? Probably not, but if he has put on one of the finest 6 game stretches of all time (IMHO).

Tebow rallied the Broncos with two touchdown passes in the final 2:44 of the fourth quarter to force overtime, and Matt Prater's 52-yard field goal gave them an improbable 18-15 victory over the stunned Miami Dolphins on Sunday.

Tebow did much of his damage with his legs, rushing for a career-high 117 yards on 12 carries. He did enough damage with his arm to keep the Raiders honest, throwing touchdowns to Eric Decker and Royal.

Tim Tebow hit Eric Decker on a 56-yard touchdown pass, one of his two completions in the game, helping the Denver Broncos to a 17-10 victory over the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday.

Tim Tebow's 20-yard touchdown run with 58 seconds left capped a 95-yard drive and sent the Denver Broncos to a 17-13 victory over the stunned New York Jets on Thursday night.

Tebow, now 5-1 as the Broncos' starter, led Denver from its 43 after San Diego's Nick Novak was wide right on a 53-yard field goal attempt with 2:31 left in overtime. Novak made a 53-yarder in the first quarter, a career-best, and was wide right on a 48-yard try early in the fourth quarter.

Tim Tebow led yet another late rally, passing for a season-best 202 yards and two third-quarter touchdowns to help the Denver Broncos win their fifth consecutive game with a 35-32 victory over the Minnesota Vikings.

After failing to score on their first 11 possessions, the Broncos (8-5) erased a 10-0 deficit in the final 2:08 of regulation.

Tebow hit Demaryius Thomas with a 10-yard touchdown pass, then got the ball back with 58 seconds left and drove Denver downfield for Prater's kick.

VERY IMPRESSIVE STRETCH.

Brett Favre started out in Atlanta where he was unimpressive enough to be traded, and well, you know the rest of the story