Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Pres Obama and PM Maliki Press Conference Today

Carrello

CNN now has an article about discussions of improved Iraq USA relations. No mention of Chapter 7 or RV so far. Go RV

JMHO: I would think the the discussions today are focused on troop withdrawal, and relations moving forward. JMHO: No RV, No Chapter 7....today.

Last week I had seen a meeting on Iraq scheduled for December 15, Thursday, at 11:00 am with Obama in the White House. Now the President's schedule for that day has been pulled, for whatever reason.

Whatever, wouldn't you say we are moving fast? I will check the weather channel and see what the forecast is for Las Vegas.

• Upvote 3

JMHO: I would think the the discussions today are focused on troop withdrawal, and relations moving forward. JMHO: No RV, No Chapter 7....today.

Last week I had seen a meeting on Iraq scheduled for December 15, Thursday, at 11:00 am with Obama in the White House. Now the President's schedule for that day has been pulled, for whatever reason.

Whatever, wouldn't you say we are moving fast? I will check the weather channel and see what the forecast is for Las Vegas.

HA,ha,ha !!! That was funny!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Question was asked of Maliki if Iraq was going to be an ally or a friend of the US. Maliki dodged a direct yes or no but stated there was a 'mechanism' of high priority that must be accomplished first...

I thought the question was asked to Obama, and he keeps identifying them as partners and friends, but he has not called them an ally

Two quotes from O's speach:

"deep and rich exchanges between our two governments and between our peoples,"

"What has happened over the last several years has linked the US and Iraq in a way that is potentioly powerfull and could not only benefit the US and Iraq but the entire world, it will evolve over time and there are certain issues that Malaki and his government think are especially important right now."

Hmm... sounds like there is more to this story...

• Upvote 1