Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Last Cig......

bodeen

I'm Bodeen

I'm 40

My wife is 34

My oldest is 16 ( just got her DL ) :(

My youngest is 9

I just had my last smoke at the request of my 9 year old

If I can handle this investment I CAN handle not smoking!!!!!

Just for you ANNA

No More for Daddy

Starts now.............

12-10- 2011 at 12:20 am

• Upvote 17

You should have waited till after RV.....because this investment can make you want to drink & smokeblink.gif (Not to mention.....during the "wait" till your daughter gets home)

Good luck, it's a tough one, but for all the right reasons! You can do it!!th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.giftip_hat.gif

• Upvote 2

Please bodeen, if not for yourself do it for your kids. My mother smoked and I at a young age, always begged and pleaded to get her to quit. She would tell me to stop it and kept on smoking. Well, it took her life. She had breast cancer (removed her breast) she kept smoking. She developed Emphysema and COPD, she kept on smoking. At the time she was dying, it took it's toll on my siblings and I, to see her coughing and gasping for breath. I pray for your success, for you as well as your kids. Please, you will be much better off and so will your kids. I know it's hard, but draw strength from your family and you should be able.

• Upvote 4

Congratulations Bodeen and bamagirl!! I too was a smoker and I tried many times to quit (the patch works pretty good) but it took being pregnant at age 42 after having my tubes tied that got me to kick the habit for good!

I figure this was a message from god :) It has been four years since I quit and I have great hopes that I will be around for all those special days my daughter has coming!

Just remember Bodeen your promise to your child and it will keep you on course, good luck to you and remember even if you slip up as long as you keep trying you can not fail!!!!!!

• Upvote 2

Bama and Bodeen,

Congrats to you both! I still smoke, unfortunately because I enjoy it. I did quit 2 years ago and while I was quitting I picked up Lobelia tablets (they are sublinguals) from the health food store and MAN did they help with cravings!

http://www.soap.com/p/boiron-quit-smoking-care-kit-3-pellet-tubes-49933?site=CI&utm_source=cse&utm_medium=cpc_S&utm_term=ABO-027&utm_campaign=google&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=ABO-027

Good luck to you both :D

• Upvote 2

Power to you brother! You can do it and you will do it. I started smoking as a teenager and did so for almost 40 years. I'll say proudly, in January it will be 3 years without. My only advice is, when you get the urge, it will pass! Just distract yourself for a moment and it will pass. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

• Upvote 1

I'm Bodeen

Just for you ANNA

No More for Daddy

Starts now.............

I ordered the JoyETech E-Cig. My next door neighbor's son has been a 3 pack a day smoker for years. About 4 weeks ago he comes over tokin on this funny lookin thing. He tells me he has had that for 2 weeks....no real cigarettes. I was like...awesome. He sent me the info of what he had and I sat on it. 2 weeks ago he and I talk....he still has not had a real cigarette. I said enough for me and ordered it. I got that, the tips or watever they are called and the juice you put in it. All this came Monday. Today is Saturday. I have been a 1-2 pack a day smoker for 30 years. I have not had a real cigarette since Monday. I have not had the hard urges that I have had times I tried to quit before.

E-Cigs work in my opinion. The ones they sell at convenince stores I am not sure about. Do some research. Give it a try, whatever brand you choose.

• Upvote 1

Thanks but I failed this time...I smoked this morning. Tomorrow's a new day and I will try again, I will start out by NOT buying another pack. Good luck Bodeen, I am rooting for you!!

We can do it girl!!!!!!! I will pray for you too... Thanks DV members this is one great group..... Its just day 1 and the kids are already proud of dad...... :D

God Bless

Bodeen

+1 for all

• Upvote 3

We can do it girl!!!!!!! I will pray for you too... Thanks DV members this is one great group..... Its just day 1 and the kids are already proud of dad...... biggrin.gif

God Bless

Bodeen

+1 for all

Bodeem, I'm proud of you too....I wish I could decide to quit.....The thing that bothers me most about smoking is knowing that I am not a good witness for our Lord.. I know He wants me to quit but I still have that rebellious heart that I was born with....I will pray for ya..God bless you ......Bamagirl, I'll pray for you too...Please pray for me as I may be more pleaseing in His Eyes

• Upvote 2

We can do it girl!!!!!!! I will pray for you too... Thanks DV members this is one great group..... Its just day 1 and the kids are already proud of dad...... :D

God Bless

Bodeen

+1 for all

Thanks Bodeen... I am proud of you too!

Bodeem, I'm proud of you too....I wish I could decide to quit.....The thing that bothers me most about smoking is knowing that I am not a good witness for our Lord.. I know He wants me to quit but I still have that rebellious heart that I was born with....I will pray for ya..God bless you ......Bamagirl, I'll pray for you too...Please pray for me as I may be more pleaseing in His Eyes

I will pray for you and all my DV family daily...you all have become a blessed part of my life.

• Upvote 1

Without talking about the health reasons...lets just talk about the financial reasons.

At one carton a week in NC, I avg spending $160 a month on smokes. That is alot over a year. Plus, health and life insurance is much higher as a smoker. The E-Cigs I got cost me about $75 for everything and I double ordered the tips and juice. I have almost saved half of the E Cig price since I started. My neighbor, the 3 pack a day man...WOW.

say 10 cartons a month x $40 per carton = $400 x 12 months = $4800 a year. Just for smokes.

One of my sons will be getting his license in 2012. The $$ I spent on smokes will pay for the extra car insurance I will incur when he becomes legal. What could you use that extra $$ for??

Now focus on the health issues. I am preaching to myself as well cuz I am just in my 1st week of quitting smoking. FYI

• Upvote 3

My husband and I quit smoking 9 years ago. It was the best thing we have ever done. Our house smells better, our hair smells better, our clothes smell better, and we are healthier than we were when we smoked. We quit smoking in 2002, bought a new car in 2003, paid for with cigarette money. Together, we smoked 5 packs of cigarettes a day. So, we bought a carton of cigarettes every two days. Our cartons cost us $25.00. So we spent roughly $75.00 a week or more on cigarettes. How did we quit? First, YOU have to want to quit. I did, and I found the best way was to convince myself to quit was to tell myself and believe that I could never, ever, ever, have another cigarette. No matter what. Then, it was easy to quit. I did it, and my husband did it, and you can too. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 2

Good for you!!! I also just quit smoking on 12/4/11. The first 3 days were the worst but it has gotten better ( not great but better ) I quit cold turkey!!!! This is my 4th time... I pray it will be my last. I found a wonderful web site that has gotten me through my rough moments it called why quit?? Best of luck each and everyday is better!!!!

• Upvote 3

I'm Bodeen

I'm 40

My wife is 34

My oldest is 16 ( just got her DL ) :(

My youngest is 9

Just for you ANNA

No More for Daddy

Starts now.............

Bodeen...I just got up and about froze to death to smoke my last one, I think you just inspired me...my children ask me to quit too and I was thinking if I'm praying for you to have strength I might as well pray for myself...thanks.

Bodeen and Bamagirl, I smoked for 32 years, was smoking a pack and a half when I woke on Christmas morning in the year 2000 and instead of having my first cigarette prior to getting up out of bed. I got up, grabbed my pack and the ashtray and walked downstairs. I mumbled "no more" on the way. I put the almost full pack above the desk on a shelf in my office, where I use to smoke constantly. I then went around collecting up all of the ash trays in the house and took them to a spot in my garage to stay out of sight. I kept telling myself "you can do it, don't give in" the rest of the day and the next and the next. After a week the withdrawals began to subside and each day after it kept getting better and better. After two weeks I grabbed the pack off the shelf and threw them away in the kitchen waste can. Never blinked twice to do it. After a month I began to notice how I was breathing easier walking up inclines and steps. After a few months, my taste buds were coming alive. I couldn't believe what a difference it made with the taste of food. Instead of gaining weight as I had feared - I lost 15 pounds. Yes I did eat way more carefully because of having that fear. By the way, I had tried twice before to quit and failed, now I knew it was truly over.

So, here I am almost eleven years later. Never once did I smoke again. Just believe you can do it within your mind and soul and you will. It's all up to you.

Good luck and God be with you both.

• Upvote 5

Thanks Cosmo for sharing your story of success and advice.... I'm surprised to see how many other members planning or trying to quit.... This is great to see...

Kmagina good for you too.... Day 1 has not been easy but I'm going to do this..... We can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe we should start a No Smoking Thread so we can go in there and slap each other...... :lol:

• Upvote 1