Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

US needs to follow this woman

robear

The US Congress should take notes and follow her lead. This woman has more "balls" than all of our Congressional leaders combined.

Australia says NO -- Second Time she has done this!

She sure isn't backing down on her hard line stance and one has to appreciate her belief in the rights of her native countrymen.

A breath of fresh air to see someone lead. Australian Prime Minister does it again!!

The whole world needs a leader like this!

Prime Minister Julia Gillard - Australia

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

Separately, Gillard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying she supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote: 'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT... Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.'

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

• Upvote 15
  • Downvote 1

I very much respect Julia Gillard, here in NZ, we see here almost every night on the Telly. She's a gifted speaker, very polished...would give Tony Blair and Obama a run for their money in that dept. She is also a classy dresser, and has a GREAT figure...easily DD. Not that that matters at all, but believe me, she would make every guy take notice when she walks in the room even if she wasn't the PM. :blink:

We definitely need to adopt that candor. This land is "our land", yes it is diverse, but if you wanna live here... you adapt! If I go to another foreign country they don't kiss my "grits"... I have to abide by their rules, their language or I get to be the one who looks like the idiot (which I do whenever I get outside of and English speaking country... with exception of "Minneeessooootttta".. somehow I understand that language! unsure.gif).

We need to stop this political correctness and take a stand... or someday the US will only be a distant memory!dry.gif

• Upvote 1

I very much respect Julia Gillard, here in NZ, we see here almost every night on the Telly. She's a gifted speaker, very polished...would give Tony Blair and Obama a run for their money in that dept. She is also a classy dresser, and has a GREAT figure...easily DD. Not that that matters at all, but believe me, she would make every guy take notice when she walks in the room even if she wasn't the PM. :blink:

If her physical features don't matter why did you mention them? And then go on to extoll that this is what would get her the attention 'of every guy'.

When women set women back, which I feel reducing an intelligent, accomplished, thoughtful woman to her physicality does, it keeps women as a whole captive to their gender expectations set by the other gender, unfortunately oppositional. Be nice if we could be on the same team, the human team. Guess that might start with getting women on one team first.

Tiff

I agree with you and would love to have her here and run for president, I think she would be a good one and get rid of the political FUBAR we have in washington dc right now.

Robear

Very good post this lady is a great one would love to get to know her.

If her physical features don't matter why did you mention them? And then go on to extoll that this is what would get her the attention 'of every guy'.

When women set women back, which I feel reducing an intelligent, accomplished, thoughtful woman to her physicality does, it keeps women as a whole captive to their gender expectations set by the other gender, unfortunately oppositional. Be nice if we could be on the same team, the human team. Guess that might start with getting women on one team first.

WOW ...

Tiff happens to be one of the more intelligent, accomplished, thoughtful and beautiful people on this board. Yeah, I said beautiful and I do mean in a physical way. Beauty didn't become a sin just because it wasn't part of womanhood to which a man could aspire easily. It is an attribute certain people share, like being left handed.

If you think that anything Tiff wrote on this thread is in some way demeaning to women, you might want to investigate the world around you. And find out what it means to "speak to the audience". There is a time and place for everything, even remarks, right? Well this happens to be the place, and the time, for her remaris.

I would say it is YOU who has separated Tiff out from the "human team" you so want to use to replace the men and women. I suspect you also separate yourself out by not just picking up your own shovel and starting in to work, but looking around before even taking a job to see how many men and of what stature you will have to contend with during your work. Just do your job. They do theirs. Remember for every male jerk on the planet there is a female somewhere being just as much of a jerk. We tend to forgive our own. Too bad.

:)

smee2

• Upvote 2

I can only say I have met ladies on many occasions who are beautiful, sexy and smart. I have always felt a bit of awe around them as they have an aura usually that surrounds them of nurturing and respectability. A man will always be susceptible to that. Classy lady and it definitely dont detract when they are gorgeous. I could live in Australia sounds like to me if she were in office. May even want to if Obama stays in office here.

Any man who wants to beat on a woman needs to write wimp on their forehead. I'm watching my side of the world for anything that goes against our national freedoms, you watch your side. Go wave a Bible on the busiest street corner in town, let the people know this is a christian nation! Yeah!!!!

She reminds me of an older Jody Foster. B) She has my vote ! :D

show...you are right of course, a person's true worth is the beauty they have within them. No argument there what so every, you are 100% correct..but you know a BUT is coming. Like Smee says, throughout history, women have almost always risen to the top because of one attribute...their looks. Some may have come up thru royal linage but not until the likes of Madam Curie came about did we start getting credit for our brains..or other attributes. So while almost every woman wants to be appreciated in-spite of her looks, I think almost all women appreciate it if you also think of them as attractive. But regardless, you point is well taken, and I'm sorry if I made it appear that I won't appreciate her as much if she was ugly down to the bone...after all, beauty is only skin deep. :)

WOW ... Smee, I did not mean to set off a storm or attack Tiff. Thank you for your thoughtful comments.

Tiff happens to be one of the more intelligent, accomplished, thoughtful and beautiful people on this board. Yeah, I said beautiful and I do mean in a physical way. Beauty didn't become a sin just because it wasn't part of womanhood to which a man could aspire easily. It is an attribute certain people share, like being left handed.

I have no problems with beauty in either gender and I have no problem with beauty being a distinguishing characteristic of how a person is evaluated -- we have visual capabilities for a reason and know what beauty is (eye of the beholder is what matters) and we all certainly can use it to evaluate people. I don't see how the DD comment relates to beauty. And I would hope most people have different standards of beauty for a political leader, or a business partner versus a personal partner.

If you think that anything Tiff wrote on this thread is in some way demeaning to women, you might want to investigate the world around you. And find out what it means to "speak to the audience". There is a time and place for everything, even remarks, right? Well this happens to be the place, and the time, for her remaris.

This comment does not make sense to me.

I would say it is YOU who has separated Tiff out from the "human team" you so want to use to replace the men and women. I suspect you also separate yourself out by not just picking up your own shovel and starting in to work, but looking around before even taking a job to see how many men and of what stature you will have to contend with during your work. Just do your job. They do theirs. Remember for every male jerk on the planet there is a female somewhere being just as much of a jerk. We tend to forgive our own. Too bad.

I'll take a stab, you can correct me. Is this about me being unattractive and not wanting to improve myself? Or is it about women excusing bad behavior among other women? Or ..... I'm sorry, I guess I don't understand this one either.

As for human team, what I meant is there is a human team that we are all a part of, men and women. Are we the same? No and thank God for that, our differences (as a whole is what I speak of) are what make us complement each other and thus be able to be a 'team'. Women are a subgroup of the human team as are men. My comment was meant to say that when a woman devalues (imo) another woman by referring to her by her body parts (the DD comment again) they devalue the whole of women and fall in with a subgroup of men who operate at that lowest common denominator level. This was an instance where a woman was brought up and discussed for her intelligence, leadership skills, communication abilities and toughness - no reason to bring up ANY of her physical attributes and especially her cup size. If this had been a discussion of the Victoria's Secret fashion show or any other arena where a woman's physical attributes are part of the qualifications, no problem.

Do I have a general distaste for the level our American culture has sunk to in reducing women to body parts and sex objects, yes.

Do I feel all American men do this, no, but curiously they tolerate it. What I mean is if there are men in America who think that the characterizing of women as body parts and sex objects has gone too far where are the protests and the crys for higher standards, where are the men saying we won't patronize those products, places, TV shows (that means sports -- watch the advertising with a critical eye), etc. that demean, devalue or degrade women. If enough men spoke out, spoke with their dollars, there would be change.

Do I think American women have accepted that it is okay to be judged by physical attributes in the coarsest sense, yes and we as a culture are lesser for it, we have lost a civility and gentleness that comes with valuing people as a whole, prizing everything a woman has to offer not just her potential as an exciting sex partner.

For a team to be the best it can be each group has to be respected for what it brings to the team and that respect is born out of individual attitudes. A football team is going to fail if the offense as a whole disrespects the special teams and if you follow the problem to it's root you are going to find individual(s) on that offense who are setting the tone of disrespect out of their own problems be they past issues with a coach or a special teams member, arrogance, ignorance, who knows, but it will be found to be rooted in individuals. When it comes to the human team I am simply in favor of having respect among the members be a core value, and my belief (I have been stating my own opinions here in total) is that respect needs to be rooted in each individual in order to be borne out in the whole team. And if women respecting other women is one way to change the current status quo then I will encourage that behavior and challenge behavior that is to the contrary.

:)

smee2

• Upvote 1

show...it is not very often that I get called on the carpet for being unsensitive towards others, so I think you have caught me off guard...and I'm very interested in what you have to say. However, I may be looking this in somewhat of another angle. I don't think it is a secret to many of the long term posters to know that I'm a lesbian. I don't normally flaunt that part, as I don't usually see it germane to any topic, but in this case I think it might.

When I look at a woman, I'm looking at her in many ways like a straight man does...in a few instances I size her up...is she or is she not attractive? I'm only human...I know what I like, and for me, I like a "full figured" woman. But I like the look of just about any woman's body, it's one of natures best built endevors. Now this is all done in a split second, and then my mind takes over and I engage that person on who they are, what they like, what their opinions are...and again, I can quickly determine if this is a person that is interesting, someone I would like to have a glass of wine and discuss the meaning of love with..or is this a bias, closed minded person that is high on herself. Again, it's a method to determine whether or not I want to spend more time getting to know that person.

By the way, I'm not immune to guys that are equally attractive...Harrison Ford...old enough to be my father..perhaps Grandfather..is in my eyes...HOT...smart, funny, a take control kind of guy. I also admit, I do like Brad Pitt...killer smile...and very down to earth. So while I'm not so much physically attractive to them, I am in to them.

Not sure if I had a point to this posting...just that I know what I like, and Julin is one of those people I find both physically attractive as well as someone I'd love to pick her brain.

• Upvote 1

show...you are right of course, a person's true worth is the beauty they have within them. No argument there what so every, you are 100% correct..but you know a BUT is coming. Like Smee says, throughout history, women have almost always risen to the top because of one attribute...their looks. Some may have come up thru royal linage but not until the likes of Madam Curie came about did we start getting credit for our brains..or other attributes. So while almost every woman wants to be appreciated in-spite of her looks, I think almost all women appreciate it if you also think of them as attractive. But regardless, you point is well taken, and I'm sorry if I made it appear that I won't appreciate her as much if she was ugly down to the bone...after all, beauty is only skin deep. :)

;):twothumbs: +1

show...it is not very often that I get called on the carpet for being unsensitive towards others, so I think you have caught me off guard...and I'm very interested in what you have to say. However, I may be looking this in somewhat of another angle. I don't think it is a secret to many of the long term posters to know that I'm a lesbian. I don't normally flaunt that part, as I don't usually see it germane to any topic, but in this case I think it might.

When I look at a woman, I'm looking at her in many ways like a straight man does...in a few instances I size her up...is she or is she not attractive? I'm only human...I know what I like, and for me, I like a "full figured" woman. But I like the look of just about any woman's body, it's one of natures best built endevors. Now this is all done in a split second, and then my mind takes over and I engage that person on who they are, what they like, what their opinions are...and again, I can quickly determine if this is a person that is interesting, someone I would like to have a glass of wine and discuss the meaning of love with..or is this a bias, closed minded person that is high on herself. Again, it's a method to determine whether or not I want to spend more time getting to know that person.

By the way, I'm not immune to guys that are equally attractive...Harrison Ford...old enough to be my father..perhaps Grandfather..is in my eyes...HOT...smart, funny, a take control kind of guy. I also admit, I do like Brad Pitt...killer smile...and very down to earth. So while I'm not so much physically attractive to them, I am in to them.

Not sure if I had a point to this posting...just that I know what I like, and Julin is one of those people I find both physically attractive as well as someone I'd love to pick her brain.

Thanks for the nice reply, Tiff. I think you summed it up saying we look at this from different angles.

enuf said

show

• Upvote 1

First of all, Prime Minister Julia Gillard did not write or say that. It is an Internet hoax initially from 2005, and just a more recent variation.

Secondly, Tiff is correct, Julia has a nice rack! .

I would enjoy going out and critiquing women or men with Tiff (and others). Does that make us shallow? WHO CARES? That is their problem, not ours! Stop taking yourself so seriously and trying so hard to be PC. You present yourself like a Feminatzi.

I understand that you did not understand some of what Smee wrote, and that does not surprise us. We love you anyway. We are optimists!

The world is FULL of beauty! It is culturally based, and constantly changing... Jane Mansfield, Twiggy, Marilyn Monroe, Kate Moss, runbenesque women of past paintings...I suppose Botticelli should not have painted The Birth of Venus, or Michelangelo should not have sculpted David, or ...

How are you with women being topless on a beach or by a pool as they are in most countries?

What about President Jack Kennedy that so many people commented about how handsome he was (or unattractive Nixon was)? How about President Obama being referred to by his current Vice President (before the election) as "...you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy”. In contrast there is the Garrison Keillor's statement that he "Has a face for radio" or the comment that "Politics is Hollywood for the ugly".

Smee ,made very good points, including "speak to your audience", which IS the 1st rule of public speaking, and well understood and presented within this site by Tiff. You will find a number of people on DV who are threatened by Tiff, mostly out of fear, ignorance, or Dogma, BUT you will also find a number of us (myself included) who respect her Honesty, views, and opinions. While often we may not agree with her opinions, and often dismiss them, (or even find them cute and naive), but that is on each of us, not her.

So am I coming to Tiff's defense? Perhaps, as many others will, and I might add that we need not do that, as Tiff can definitely hold her own in a discussion or in offering support for her beliefs.

Perhaps above all else, her education, and and Honestly caring about people, Tiff demonstrates Love. Those of you out there who are intolerant of others might do well to better learn what that Truly means, and not just reserve it for those that agree with your beliefs. IMHO cool.gif

• Upvote 1

well I've been put in my place and I'm off to work on my rack--no slouches here!

First of all, Prime Minister Julia Gillard did not write or say that. It is an Internet hoax initially from 2005, and just a more recent variation.

Secondly, Tiff is correct, Julia has a nice rack! .

I would enjoy going out and critiquing women or men with Tiff (and others). Does that make us shallow? WHO CARES? That is their problem, not ours! Stop taking yourself so seriously and trying so hard to be PC. You present yourself like a Feminatzi.

I understand that you did not understand some of what Smee wrote, and that does not surprise us. We love you anyway. We are optimists!

The world is FULL of beauty! It is culturally based, and constantly changing... Jane Mansfield, Twiggy, Marilyn Monroe, Kate Moss, runbenesque women of past paintings...I suppose Botticelli should not have painted The Birth of Venus, or Michelangelo should not have sculpted David, or ...

How are you with women being topless on a beach or by a pool as they are in most countries?

What about President Jack Kennedy that so many people commented about how handsome he was (or unattractive Nixon was)? How about President Obama being referred to by his current Vice President (before the election) as "...you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy”. In contrast there is the Garrison Keillor's statement that he "Has a face for radio" or the comment that "Politics is Hollywood for the ugly".

Smee ,made very good points, including "speak to your audience", which IS the 1st rule of public speaking, and well understood and presented within this site by Tiff. You will find a number of people on DV who are threatened by Tiff, mostly out of fear, ignorance, or Dogma, BUT you will also find a number of us (myself included) who respect her Honesty, views, and opinions. While often we may not agree with her opinions, and often dismiss them, (or even find them cute and naive), but that is on each of us, not her.

So am I coming to Tiff's defense? Perhaps, as many others will, and I might add that we need not do that, as Tiff can definitely hold her own in a discussion or in offering support for her beliefs.

Perhaps above all else, her education, and and Honestly caring about people, Tiff demonstrates Love. Those of you out there who are intolerant of others might do well to better learn what that Truly means, and not just reserve it for those that agree with your beliefs. IMHO cool.gif