Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

czinser (Ariel 12-5-11 Contact states the rate is at the banks

trooper

5.71 yeah right..... :rolleyes: if it comes out at that i will buy the first round in Vegas. oh wait it showed on "the screens in the back from our source in the M.E. that just got back from Iraq where the borders are closed and the RV already happened and everyone is excited" so it must be true right? :rolleyes::lol:

• Upvote 2

Dude, pass over that spliff you're smoking. $5.71 really??????? :eyebrows: I'm gonna need about an OZ before I believe that fairy tale :shakehead: . I'll tell you what, if the IQD rv's at $5.71 (coincedentially the same number as Iraq's bank code) I'll give you half the IQD I own :lmao: . I think the PM'ds you're sending are an acronym for P umped M ore D inar. Put the pipe down and back away :twothumbs: . You're way to high for rational thought :tiphat: . Peace, seasons greetings and Go rv. :D:eyebrows:

Edited by m33angel
  • Upvote 2

That was posted on dinar.guru.com last night...

I hope they are right but I just cannot see this being RVed much more than what Iraq value was before we invaded plus inflation.

They(the gurus) keep throwing rates around. Lets just say the dinar RV's @ $5.71 i.e. shows up on the bank screens as $5.71. Is that the buy or sell rate?

If I go to my bank today the rate of the Kwaiti Dinar shows up on screens as 1 Kuwaiti Dinar = 3.608805 US Dollar (pulled from forex rate at time of posting). Which is rate the bank would buy at. If they were to sell me Kwaiti Dinar I believe the sell rate would be closer to $4.41. So the rate the guru's keep thowing around reflects what??? or do they even know...

I'm going with, they don't know!

5.71 yeah right..... rolleyes.gif if it comes out at that i will buy the first round in Vegas. oh wait it showed on "the screens in the back from our source in the M.E. that just got back from Iraq where the borders are closed and the RV already happened and everyone is excited" so it must be true right? rolleyes.giflaugh.gif

Yeppers emot-LMAO.gifemot-shakehead.gif

its funny people laugh at a high rate like this, but considering how weak the US dollar is and how much inflation there has been in the years, I don't see what the big deal is about a big rate, dollars are just pieces of paper, thats all

Iraq was at least 3 times the value of a dollar while under Saddam rule and UN sanctions after dessert storm. Now they have the inflation like you mentioned. More countries looking to trade with them than before the billions in minerals that they didnt know they had under Saddams rule and the list goes on... This is why I have a hard time buying into the low ball rates of 1 to 1 86 cents 10 cents. I dont think we are going to see much more than the preinvasion rate of $3.21 plus inflation out of the box with increase over time if all goes well. I could be wrong and low ball rate will happen I could be wrong and a high rate could happen. That is just my take away on things

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

"So when I see outrageous rates like 5.71, I assume they are mistaken or confuse it for some kind of banking code." So this is an assumption on your part and not fact, just asking. BTW, I think the $5.71 is extremely high also, and not "bading" you, just asking.

Troop, you forgot to mention this post ids for entertainment only. A RV of 1-1 is the highest I could imagine. If it hits $5.71 I might have a heart attack.

Can't go above a buck. How would they keep shelves stocked at the supermarket if it RV'd above a buck?

That was posted on dinar.guru.com last night...

I hope they are right but I just cannot see this being RVed much more than what Iraq value was before we invaded plus inflation.

They(the gurus) keep throwing rates around. Lets just say the dinar RV's @ $5.71 i.e. shows up on the bank screens as $5.71. Is that the buy or sell rate?

If I go to my bank today the rate of the Kwaiti Dinar shows up on screens as 1 Kuwaiti Dinar = 3.608805 US Dollar (pulled from forex rate at time of posting). Which is rate the bank would buy at. If they were to sell me Kwaiti Dinar I believe the sell rate would be closer to $4.41. So the rate the guru's keep thowing around reflects what??? or do they even know...

Hey Steveinfla, any rate over 1:1 would be a dream come true I think:):):)

Mak63

LOL

All of you keep speculating. There is no rule of thumb to use and NO BANK PERSONEL will know a thing before any of us do.

This isn't going to be some secret which leaks to a select few and doesnt hit the news. THINK for yourselves about the implication of that. How many people at any bank will sit back and say nothing...? So the news wont know?

It is such a crazy thing for any of you to accept. The people who know are in IRAQ (high office GOVT or the CBI) and MAYBE a VERY SELECT FEW outside of that. This is highly guarded information which if leaked out or truely known could ruin IRAQ. To keep this under wraps is bigger than inside trade information.

I have listened to so much BS INTEL for the last year ETC... that it almost makes me laugh. I feel for the person who doesn't know better. It will happen when it does across the board for all of us. Some here might know before your local bank even does due to how much we seek this info. That is possible!

In fact it might take some time for some banks to catch up to the fact. DO NOT BELIEVE IN ANY "Fact" HERE AS REAL. If you want to give me a (-) for being real, go ahead. I am just hoping all of us keep grounded and real. Nothing from a bank has ever... LET ME REPEAT EVER been real thus far. Why any one would buy into it ( I believe) is due to our desire for this event to come to pass. I believe it will, but you wont find out from some person walking around in IRAQ or in a bank behind a computer screen noting a BLIP or a friend or a friend etc...! A long time ago they said the news will be all over the place and intel unclear and we wont know for certain.... In that respect it is looking good.

It will be a hot event and possibily many currencies will RV or RI or whatever comes to pass at once. Hold tight my fellow Dinarians. It will be big international news. Watch the financial world news and the euro... etc.

Peace and sorry to try and bring a grip to this site. SOMEONE HAD TO DO IT.

Again, PEACE...

GO DINAR <_<

Can't go above a buck. How would they keep shelves stocked at the supermarket if it RV'd above a buck?

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE... I mean anything. Dont be so sure either way. None of us can pin this up or down. IMHO

• Upvote 2

There are Swift codes, Sort codes, BIC codes, Branch codes, Location codes, Country codes, ect. I don't claim to be a banking expert by any means, but I know people who are. There's probably many on this board. I was told that 571, 572, 361 ect are some kind of code that identifies IQD, however I don't think its the same number at every bank for some reason. So when I see outrageous rates like 5.71, I assume they are mistaken or confuse it for some kind of banking code.

The SWIFT code is 8 or 11 characters, made up of:

4 letters: Institution Code or bank code.

2 letters: ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 country code

2 letters or digits: location code

if the second character is "0", then it is typically a test BIC as opposed to a BIC used on the live network.

if the second character is "1", then it denotes a passive participant in the SWIFT network

if the second character is "2", then it typically indicates a reverse billing BIC, where the recipient pays for the message as opposed to the more usual mode whereby the sender pays for the message.

3 letters or digits: branch code, optional ('XXX' for primary office). Where an 8-digit code is given, it may be assumed that it refers to the primary office.

SWIFT Standards, a division of The Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication (SWIFT), handles the registration of these codes. For this reason, Business Identifier Codes (BICs) are often called SWIFT addresses or codes.

Depends on the country and/or bank they are looking at. As far as I know anyway.

spot on, glad to see someone has a brain....ty

I agree with Imgesing~

"ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE... I mean anything. Dont be so sure either way. None of us can pin this up or down. IMHO "

And, he is soooo right, can you imagine the implications of a leak on the rate? Not JUST a run on store shelves but on the Dinar! Especially if it was heard to be a huge RV/RI!

That being said, I keep the positive energy flowing! Gooooooooooo RV!

• Upvote 1

I plan on standing in line at the bank waiting for that rate to pop up, then get my fenzen(sp) and other paperwork signed before it disappears again! If it does, i'll just wait it out till it reappears and repeat process. I'll let yall know how that works out for me! :P

its funny people laugh at a high rate like this, but considering how weak the US dollar is and how much inflation there has been in the years, I don't see what the big deal is about a big rate, dollars are just pieces of paper, thats all

Yeah pieces of paper that have to be supported by the economy...you just landed on ESPN's..COME ON MAN, show.

• Upvote 1

So someone please answer this.....exactly HOW does Iraq or any country for that matter determine what rate to RV at???? :blink:

I mean they just dont (I assume) pluck a nice rate out of the air.... it would have to go more by alot of different factors.....correct??

Soooooo with all the untapped resources Iraq is sitting on and the future trade and export potential what would be a LOGICAL RV rate.... 1:1??? or should it be higher.... surely not a 5$ rate... that is ridiculous.

personally i could live with a nice, healthy, fairly normal (compared to other countries) $2.41 sounds good to me! B) B) B) B)

GO RV.....ASAP.... daddy needs a new pair of shoes.... (Rolling the dice) :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1