Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Sadrist whining about U.S. withdrawal celebration

trooper

04/12/2011 15:01

BAGHDAD, Dec.4 (AKnews) - For years, the Sadrist, a radical Shiite party led my even more radical Shiite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr, were demanding a withdrawal of U.S. forces. Now that the U.S. finally leave the country, the Sadrist criticize that U.S. and Iraqi officials celebrated the withdrawal.

On Thursday, U.S. Vice Presdient Joe Biden, Iraqi President Jalal Talabani and Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki attended a ceremony in Camp Victory, once the largest of more than 500 U.S. bases in Iraq, which was handed over to Iraqi authorities last week.

"Such a designation for the ceremony and participation in it is regarded as an offense and ignorance of feelings of millions of Iraqi people," Maha al-Duri, a Sadrist official, said.

The celebration of the U.S. forces withdrawal from Iraq is an "offense to the blood" of Iraqis who were persecuted by the "occupants", Duri said during a conference in the headquarters of the Sadrists. She added the government should celebrate the release of those who stood against the occupation and regard this as a victory not "the blessing of the occupiers."

The question is now what the Sadrist will have to criticize once the Americans are gone.

By Yazin Shamari

LH/CU/AKnews

http://aknews.com/en/aknews/4/276184/

• Upvote 1

04/12/2011 15:01

BAGHDAD, Dec.4 (AKnews) - For years, the Sadrist, a radical Shiite party led my even more radical Shiite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr, were demanding a withdrawal of U.S. forces. Now that the U.S. finally leave the country, the Sadrist criticize that U.S. and Iraqi officials celebrated the withdrawal.

On Thursday, U.S. Vice Presdient Joe Biden, Iraqi President Jalal Talabani and Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki attended a ceremony in Camp Victory, once the largest of more than 500 U.S. bases in Iraq, which was handed over to Iraqi authorities last week.

"Such a designation for the ceremony and participation in it is regarded as an offense and ignorance of feelings of millions of Iraqi people," Maha al-Duri, a Sadrist official, said.

The celebration of the U.S. forces withdrawal from Iraq is an "offense to the blood" of Iraqis who were persecuted by the "occupants", Duri said during a conference in the headquarters of the Sadrists. She added the government should celebrate the release of those who stood against the occupation and regard this as a victory not "the blessing of the occupiers."

The question is now what the Sadrist will have to criticize once the Americans are gone.

By Yazin Shamari

LH/CU/AKnews

http://aknews.com/en/aknews/4/276184/

can anyone say sniper lol dave

This guy has to understand that the only reason he's alive is because us and the rest of Iraq don't want to have to deal with the fallout of his "disappearance". I believe that he's an accident waiting for a place to happen, but not until Iraq gets a foothold internationally. Then if you don't wanna play ball, well.....

• Upvote 1

i don't understand how we don't understand why some iraqis would feel this way. all patriotism aside and the rhetoric of how we "helped" liberate iraq let's get down to the bare metal facts. george bush and the united kingdom launched an assault on a country for no reason other than securing our own oil interest. the rest of the world stood in disbelief that the united states would turn their nose up at their opinion including the united nation's and perpetrate this baseless act. the price was paid in the blood of so many innocent iraqis, and we will never know the true count.

what is so difficult to comprehend about this? how would you feel if the shoe was on the other foot? like really... how would you feel if your had to clean up the severed limbs and intestines of innocent children from your streets on a daily basis? i hate to get graphic but sometimes we need a real picture. its the same thing with kuwait. people want an rv so bad that they spit at kuwait for holding up the chapter 7 release. LIKE REALLY?!! have we forgotten what happened to those people? they tried committing genocide on those innocent folks for crying out loud.

while we wait and believe GOD for an rv and pray at night that we become filthy rich, have we lost our humanity in the process? yes, i desire for iraq to rise again, i desire for her economy to blossom, and i want to be a partaker of that enrichment. at the same time my heart bleeds for people who have been wronged for the simple cause of greed & power. perhaps i can identify being the descendent of slaves and continually witnessing the pervasive affect slavery has had on blacks as a people. but i also believe that anyone with a heart for their fellow man should be touched by these things. all it takes is having a human heart.

i'm done. let the negatives come.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I feel that there are always radicals that do not want to see a free and democratic country. They thrive on hate, intimidation and turmoil. They control by fear and intimidation of their own people. If radical Islamists had their way we would all be dead. Islam is a cult where if you do not profess to believe, your own friends and family turn on you. Because if they didn't their neighbors would There is no free choice and the right to exist if you are not a believer. Do the leaders ( bullies) in Iraq and Iran and all those countries really want democracy? I am afraid that when US troops and other UN people leave the Bullies will force their way into control again.

while we wait and believe GOD for an rv and pray at night that we become filthy rich, have we lost our humanity in the process? yes, i desire for iraq to rise again, i desire for her economy to blossom, and i want to be a partaker of that enrichment. at the same time my heart bleeds for people who have been wronged for the simple cause of greed & power. perhaps i can identify being the descendent of slaves and continually witnessing the pervasive affect slavery has had on blacks as a people. but i also believe that anyone with a heart for their fellow man should be touched by these things. all it takes is having a human heart.

i'm done. let the negatives come.

You have a good point, no negatives from me. Thanks for having the courage to have a heart.

I feel that there are always radicals that do not want to see a free and democratic country. They thrive on hate, intimidation and turmoil. They control by fear and intimidation of their own people. If radical Islamists had their way we would all be dead. Islam is a cult where if you do not profess to believe, your own friends and family turn on you. Because if they didn't their neighbors would There is no free choice and the right to exist if you are not a believer. Do the leaders ( bullies) in Iraq and Iran and all those countries really want democracy? I am afraid that when US troops and other UN people leave the Bullies will force their way into control again.

i truly wonder if YOU are certain how much of what you said is rhetoric and how much is truth. have you ever done a indepth study of the jesuit order (i have). i am sure you would be more inclined to see that evil surrounds us and is not in one specific location. when habeas corpus was suspended by our president, do you realize what that meant to your precious freedom? to your constitutional rights? are we so locked in on what is transpiring over seas and have gotten so overgrown in our arrogance that we are blind to our own state of affairs? simply listen to 10 minutes of any lecturer...take naomi wolfe for example expounding on how america has achieved 9 of the 10 planks to the communist manifesto.

to talk about bullies, control through fear & intimidation, using hate, using turmoil to divide the people and not to look in our own backyard is preposterous. time to open ones eyes and realize truth....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1