Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Who is your pick for most exciting athlete to have ever watch?

Tiffany23

Which player in any sport do you or did you just love to watch...preferably not someone on your own team (if it was my own team for me that would be John Elway, for my father it was Earl Campbell)

When he was inducted into the Hall of Fame...if you have Magic and LB saying they wish they were Mike...what does that say?

Great Commercial against Larry Bird

Old MJ against Young MJ (with hair!) talking trash :)

Old MJ against Young MJ (with hair!)

Edited by Tiffany23
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Oh wow... so many to choose from! Basketball usually delivers the optimum excitement, as it's a small venue... MJ definitely has my vote there along with Larry Bird. Tennis also delivers, where the intensity and personalities are prominently exposed... John McEnroe and Jimmy Connors were awesome back in the day! May have to rethink this and come back with more! Great topic Tiff! :)

Congressional Medal of Honor recipient Robert L. Howard, the only American soldier ever nominated for the award three times for three separate actions, died today in Waco, Texas, at the age of 70.

Below is the citation describing the events of Dec. 30, 1968, that earned then-Sergeant First Class Howard the nation’s highest military honor while serving in the Republic of Vietnam as a member of the Army’s 5th Special Forces Group (Airborne), 1st Special Forces:

1Lt Robert L. Howard (Graphic Courtesy of MedalofHonor.com)

For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity in action at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty. 1st Lt. Howard (then SFC.), distinguished himself while serving as platoon sergeant of an American-Vietnamese platoon which was on a mission to rescue a missing American soldier in enemy controlled territory in the Republic of Vietnam.

The platoon had left its helicopter landing zone and was moving out on its mission when it was attacked by an estimated 2-company force. During the initial engagement, 1st Lt. Howard was wounded and his weapon destroyed by a grenade explosion.

1st Lt. Howard saw his platoon leader had been wounded seriously and was exposed to fire. Although unable to walk, and weaponless, 1st Lt. Howard unhesitatingly crawled through a hail of fire to retrieve his wounded leader.

As 1st Lt. Howard was administering first aid and removing the officer’s equipment, an enemy bullet struck 1 of the ammunition pouches on the lieutenant’s belt, detonating several magazines of ammunition. 1st Lt. Howard momentarily sought cover and then realizing that he must rejoin the platoon, which had been disorganized by the enemy attack, he again began dragging the seriously wounded officer toward the platoon area.

Through his outstanding example of indomitable courage and bravery, 1st Lt. Howard was able to rally the platoon into an organized defense force. With complete disregard for his safety, 1st Lt. Howard crawled from position to position, administering first aid to the wounded, giving encouragement to the defenders and directing their fire on the encircling enemy.

For 3 1/2 hours 1st Lt. Howard’s small force and supporting aircraft successfully repulsed enemy attacks and finally were in sufficient control to permit the landing of rescue helicopters. 1st Lt. Howard personally supervised the loading of his men and did not leave the bullet-swept landing zone until all were aboard safely.

1st Lt. Howard’s gallantry in action, his complete devotion to the welfare of his men at the risk of his life were in keeping with the highest traditions of the military service and reflect great credit on himself, his unit, and the U.S. Army.

If I have to pick the greatest sports star only it would be Jesse Owens.

I grew up watching the Detroit Tigers, I would pick Denny McLain, the last 30 win pitcher in a season we'll ever see with a 162 game season.

Then there is Doug Williams, the only black quaterback to win a Superbowl.

MJ of course.

Gordie Howe - hockey, great game I might add.

The Greatest Sports Player was Jim Thorpe, All American.

I Laugh every time thinks that Michael Jordan was or is the Best.

The Best in Basketball ever was Bill Russel.

11 World Championships!! Last one as a Player and a Coach!!

Jordan Did'nt Win Crap until Magic Johnson and Larry Bird Retired!!!

:P:D:lol::rolleyes:

The Greatest Sports Player was Jim Thorpe, All American.

I Laugh every time thinks that Michael Jordan was or is the Best.

The Best in Basketball ever was Bill Russel.

11 World Championships!! Last one as a Player and a Coach!!

Jordan Did'nt Win Crap until Magic Johnson and Larry Bird Retired!!!

:P:D:lol::rolleyes:

Actually Jordon won his first ring by beating Magic and the Lakers.

• Upvote 1

Hey...I think we may be going off the track a bit. I'm not asking who is/was the Greatest player of all time in any sport, we could be debating that until doomsday, what I’m asking is who YOU thought was the one (or more) athlete, that just made you shake your head and go WOW!

For examples, when John Elway was backed up against the goal line in the 4th Quarter, there wasn't another person on Earth that you wanted handling that ball. Now statistically, Dan Marino, Steve Young or Joe Montana were better on paper, but when it came down to CRUNCH Time....Elway was "THE MAN" (at least for me). :woot:

So who are those athletes who you simply loved to watch!

Dad said he used to love to watch Dan Fouts (sp?) from SD and Mr. October, R. Jackson.

• Upvote 1