Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Obama Plans 17-Day Christmas Vacation in Hawaii

krome2ez

Obama Plans 17-Day Christmas Vacation in Hawaii

Posted on December 3, 2011 at 8:28am by Madeleine Morgenstern

President Barack Obama and his family will spend 17 days in Hawaii for Christmas vacation, the White House announced.

President Barack Obama will be setting off later this month for a 17-day Christmas vacation in Hawaii with his family.

The White House travel office said Obama has no public events scheduled for the trip, which is scheduled for Dec. 17 to Jan. 2. He spent several days in Hawaii last month for an economic summit with other world leaders.

According to the Daily Mail, the president’s family covers the cost of a private beach front residence in Kailua, Oahu, for the span of the vacation, reportedly dubbed a ‘Winter White House’ that costs up to $3,500 a day, or $75,000 a month.

Still, taxpayers help foot the bill for security and travel costs: A similar vacation last year cost more than $1.4 million.

Obama announced plans for the trip during a campaign fundraiser while he was in Hawaii for last month’s summit.

“Michelle and the girls will be back shortly for Christmas vacation, as we do every year,” Obama said in November. “We’ll see if Washington gets its business done, so I can get here as well. But that’s always a challenge.”

News of the vacation comes as Obama said Congress shouldn’t adjourn for the holidays themselves until they pass an extension to the payroll tax cut. The tax cut is set to expire at the end of the year, and though both parties support extending it, they differ sharply on how to offset the costs.

“We’re going to keep pushing Congress to make this happen. They shouldn’t go home for the holidays until they get this done,” Obama said in his weekly radio address Saturday.

The 17-day Christmas vacation follows Obama’s 11-day vacation to Martha’s Vineyard this summer.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/obama-plans-17-day-christmas-vacation-in-hawaii/

(CBS News)

Following his three-day

bus tour to promote his economic agenda -- and not to mention the debt limit rancor in Washington before that -- President Obama is finally getting some rest and relaxation.

On Thursday, he and his family are heading off to Martha's Vineyard, the island off of Massachusetts. They'll be staying at a 28-acre retreat called

Blue Heron Farm for about 10 days.

There has been criticism of the president's vacation at this time. But how does the number of vacation days the president has spent compare to his predecessors? CBS Radio's Mark Knoller has kept track of presidential vacations for years and supplied the data.

So far, President Obama has taken 61 vacation days after 31 months in office. At this point in their presidencies, George W. Bush had spent 180 days at his ranch where his staff often joined him for meetings. And Ronald Reagan had taken 112 vacation days at his ranch.

Among recent presidents, Bill Clinton took the least time off -- 28 days.

To be fair, a presidential vacation away from the White House is not the same as a vacation for the average person. The president is still in contact with his advisers and on call for any emergency.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

A president works 24 hours a day regardless. I can barely stand 24 hours a week!

No one should begrudge some time off for the President,

but Obama is taking it to some lofty extremes.

From a low level fly by to New York for dinner,

to millions spent for Michelle and her friends to go to Spain.

With so many Americans out of work,

and/or living pay check to pay check,

I feel that it's a spit in the face of the citizens who are funding his lavish life style.

BTW, wasn't it Obama who critizied the CEO's of the Big 3 for thier personal jets and lavish spending.

At least they weren't spending the earnings of the American tax payer.

• Upvote 9

No one should begrudge some time off for the President,

but Obama is taking it to some lofty extremes.

From a low level fly by to New York for dinner,

to millions spent for Michelle and her friends to go to Spain.

With so many Americans out of work,

and/or living pay check to pay check,

I feel that it's a spit in the face of the citizens who are funding his lavish life style.

BTW, wasn't it Obama who critizied the CEO's of the Big 3 for thier personal jets and lavish spending.

At least they weren't spending the earnings of the American tax payer.

Krome I like to compare apples to apples. If you post or believe he's taking outrageously more time than others, you can post some comparisons... like this one from:

So far, President Obama has taken 61 vacation days after 31 months in office. At this point in their presidencies, George W. Bush had spent 180 days at his ranch where his staff often joined him for meetings. And Ronald Reagan had taken 112 vacation days at his ranch.

Among recent presidents, Bill Clinton took the least time off -- 28 days.

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-18563_162-20093801.html

I believe it's better that the staff accompany him for presidential responsibility reasons.

It's to the country's advantage to keep this moron out of DC. I say let him have more time vacationing!!

Odd.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Everybody makes such a big deal out of his record amount of vacation days! We should really give the guy a break, he deserves this.

All that fundraising can tire a guy out.

You had me going for a second there :lol: Well he does need to visit the people in what was it all 58 states? :P

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

He needs a vacation after all that campaigning at our expense. The difference in Obama's vacations and that of Reagan and Bush is...Obama's take expensive vacations on our tax dollar and Reagan and Bush went to their Ranch's, where it's not tens of thousands of dollars to rent a place. That's the problem I have with it all. If the Obama's went to somewhere they own, I wouldn't care if he stayed 6 months. There are people in this country losing their house and their job and becoming homeless or wondering where their next meal will come from and these people flaunt it in our face that they are on an EXPENSIVE vacation. They show no concern of the American peoples troubles.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

He needs a vacation after all that campaigning at our expense. The difference in Obama's vacations and that of Reagan and Bush is...Obama's take expensive vacations on our tax dollar and Reagan and Bush went to their Ranch's, where it's not tens of thousands of dollars to rent a place. That's the problem I have with it all. If the Obama's went to somewhere they own, I wouldn't care if he stayed 6 months. There are people in this country losing their house and their job and becoming homeless or wondering where their next meal will come from and these people flaunt it in our face that they are on an EXPENSIVE vacation. They show no concern of the American peoples troubles.

That is very true! People can have fun and not spend 1.4million while doing it. An average vacation is prob about 3500$ not millions crazy huh? He does not even make that much as the President. <_<

• Upvote 1

You didn't even read the original post did you??? NO! You didn't. Let me keep it short for you so you don't overload. Call me Fox News DV Edition.

According to the Daily Mail, the president’s family covers the cost of a private beach front residence in Kailua, Oahu, for the span of the vacation.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

You didn't even read the original post did you??? NO! You didn't. Let me keep it short for you so you don't overload. Call me Fox News DV Edition.

According to the Daily Mail, the president’s family covers the cost of a private beach front residence in Kailua, Oahu, for the span of the vacation.

Okay, smart guy, that's this one, I did read the original post smart guy, how about explaining the others to the rest of us idiots that just don't get it...

Now there's Michelle's trip to Africa this summer with her mother, two daughters and over 20 staff. It may not be a big news item in the American Obama Mafia Media, but the Brits are talking about it. Here's a report from the Daily Telegraph:

Although ignored by most of America’s liberal-dominated media, several online US news sites are reporting that Michelle Obama’s grand tour of southern Africa earlier this year cost American taxpayers nearly half a million dollars – and that's just for the flights. This follows in the wake of claims this August from sources inside the White House itself that the First Lady may have spent “$10 million of taxpayers’ money on vacations alone in the past year.” Without all the figures available, it is impossible to establish the total cost to the public purse of Michelle Obama’s 42 days of holiday during that period, which included her trip to Spain last year (though not the Obamas' recent sojourn in Martha’s Vineyard).

More info to come if you really need it, smart guy. You really need to do more research before you spout off crap you have no idea what you're talking about. Getting defensive of this idiot makes you look stupid.

• Upvote 7

Okay, smart guy, that's this one, I did read the original post smart guy, how about explaining the others to the rest of us idiots that just don't get it...

Now there's Michelle's trip to Africa this summer with her mother, two daughters and over 20 staff. It may not be a big news item in the American Obama Mafia Media, but the Brits are talking about it. Here's a report from the Daily Telegraph:

Although ignored by most of America’s liberal-dominated media, several online US news sites are reporting that Michelle Obama’s grand tour of southern Africa earlier this year cost American taxpayers nearly half a million dollars – and that's just for the flights. This follows in the wake of claims this August from sources inside the White House itself that the First Lady may have spent “$10 million of taxpayers’ money on vacations alone in the past year.” Without all the figures available, it is impossible to establish the total cost to the public purse of Michelle Obama’s 42 days of holiday during that period, which included her trip to Spain last year (though not the Obamas' recent sojourn in Martha’s Vineyard).

More info to come if you really need it, smart guy. You really need to do more research before you spout off crap you have no idea what you're talking about. Getting defensive of this idiot makes you look stupid.

Wouldn't Laura and the Daughters Bush flights to Africa in 2007 cost about the same? Or did they earn enough frequent flier miles on Air Force One going back and forth to the RANCH in Texas? Others have shown that GW was up to triple the time the Obama's have been on vacation. So the Bush flights to Africa were free? Were those flights to the ranch free? Or did they cost you and I money???

You really should crack a history book or google before you spout your Fox News crap as if you know what your talking about. Trying to bust on First Lady travel makes you look like a bafoon and/or a partisan hack.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

That's all you're worth! :P

So in other words "You're right Kiteman, Laura Bush spent a bunch of taxpayer $$$$ going to Africa with her daughter, but it was OK because a Republican was in the White House. Now that a Democrat is there, it's wastefull spending!".

Got it and thank you for your limited amount of input on the conversation. Seems that's all you can handle! :D :D

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

They all travel, just compare the trips and vacations.

With all due respect, that article from the Brits means nothing. They referenced US news sites... that could be and most probably is, the "want to be" news sites. I've warned people on this site and others that the rest of the world hear our bickering and exaggerated accusations.

I could list a few "want to be" news sites but just google "Michelle Obama’s grand tour of southern Africa".

• Upvote 1