Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Time is near to raise the three zeros: Dated Dec ,2011

Seabee

I'm going to guess math wasn't a real strong subject for you....you do realize that the CBI is the one that prints dinar don't you?...really doesn't matter what they hold they can always print more...but I'm pretty sure they can't print US dollars...which is what they need to to cover a significant revalue...it's comical how sure you are of something that you don't have a clue about....but I'm sure everyone appreciates you "protecting" them from me and my evil agenda.

I am going to guess you have very poor vision with those "lopper glasses" you have on. Sheesh if you would take them off for just a minute you would see the infinite possibilities of what could happen here. biggrin.gif

Why in the world would they need to print US dollars to pay for the RV? They will use their own money to do that and you are right they can print more just like we do!

I for one do appreciate JWJW11, Sanssouci and all the others that bring a positive light over the darkness you bring.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Really? Iraq has been paying for this war with their oil sales?

Would you please provide us with a link to back that statement up?

May I respectfully add ... Until You understand fully the dynamics of a currency revaluation you really can't be successful in downplaying it and dismissing it or even trying to debate about it.....

Just a little FYI...

I've asked you nicely, several times, to give us your take on how an RV could happen in a perfect world where you could see everything lining up in the right ways... how would they carry out an RV? Your so smart, I just wanted to hear you articulate your theory on that possibility.

(not asking you to say things are lining up or for you to change your mind)

Nothing! No response, no theory, not a word about that! rolleyes.gif

Iraqs reconstruction has been being paid for through oil sales.....is the DFI fund a good enough link for you?? Compared to what this war could have cost and what could have been coming out of our pockets for decades to come, its not a hell of a lot that we the taxpayers are paying for this war....

When I first invested, thats all I did was read and post about how a RV could and would happen.....and I still know it will happen....my views have changed on how it would need to be done of course, but none the less it COULD RV....I know both sides very well, and if you actually knew me since I first started here on DV you would know that...Ive learned from some of the best PERSONALLY on the dynamics of both sides of this investment, some of the smartest minds to cross these forums and one that EVERYONE would agree about....

Things have changed since then, this plan to RD has picked up more steam and there is less and less positive news about the currency in regards to being able to see a straight up RV....Its still possible, dont get it twisted, but everything is pointing to worst happening and it seems now its all being twisted into being something we actually want....

I could see baby step movements on the dinar as they build reserves up more and getting the oil production up, which could take a few years but that would just give more time to stack the reserves and actually implement a project to cut down and really reduce the money supply thats out there. This of course will take some time (years even) but it could work. If they would actually use a currency auction type set up to take dinars out of the market we would be in business. They can also need to start selling bonds.....BIG bonds....and many of them....thats another way they can directly influence reducing the currency in circulation....Iraq already is working on some of these things like the oil, building reserves, selling bonds but it needs to happen on a bigger scale....these are all ways they can raise the value of the dinar....

All I post on lately are the lop articles because thats all thats being talked about lately and in a higher frequency then it used to and they have been actually making steps forward to make this happen.....Im not worried about anything but that because it will be the make it or break it of our investment and people should be aware of this....it might not happen, we might be lucky since the govt has to approve this plan and so far Maliki and his gang have been showing a lot of opposition to it. The longer it plays out the better our chances.....but nothing else really matters at this point but what happens with this bill.....So you will have to excuse me for posting on them, Im just wanting to keep an eye on whats going on, and if any new information develops....Hell they could even dismiss this bill and shabibi comes back with a plan to delete 2 zeros and still be able to get the new dinar on par with the USD...we would still make a decent amount nothing crazy but it sure would beat them deleting 3.....

Any other questions??

Why in the world would they need to print US dollars to pay for the RV? They will use their own money to do that and you are right they can print more just like we do!

Its more like needing US dollars or another currency used as a reserve currency to back the value or "cover" a RV.....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I am going to guess you have very poor vision with those "lopper glasses" you have on. Sheesh if you would take them off for just a minute you would see the infinite possibilities of what could happen here. biggrin.gif

I for one do appreciate JWJW11, Sanssouci and all the others that bring a positive light over the darkness you bring.

Please enlighten me on the dynamics of a currency revalue...so your theory is they are going to print more dinar in order to cover the new value of the IQD?

Do you realize the highest revalue in the last 50 years was only a 35% increase...yet you are convinced Iraq can increase 100000%.

How about answering the following for me:

Do salaries and prices change overnight with the new value?

How about loans are they all restructured based on the new rate or is someone having to pay 25 million dinar for a car?

If an Iraqi has a bill due and it changes value overnight do they pay the new rate or the old rate?

since it is an exchange rate...what happens to local products does their price change too?

Bash me if you want...really doesn't matter to me...but it won't get you any closer to a RV.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Iraqs reconstruction has been being paid for through oil sales.....is the DFI fund a good enough link for you?? Compared to what this war could have cost and what could have been coming out of our pockets for decades to come, its not a hell of a lot that we the taxpayers are paying for this war....

When I first invested, thats all I did was read and post about how a RV could and would happen.....and I still know it will happen....my views have changed on how it would need to be done of course, but none the less it COULD RV....I know both sides very well, and if you actually knew me since I first started here on DV you would know that...Ive learned from some of the best PERSONALLY on the dynamics of both sides of this investment, some of the smartest minds to cross these forums and one that EVERYONE would agree about....

Things have changed since then, this plan to RD has picked up more steam and there is less and less positive news about the currency in regards to being able to see a straight up RV....Its still possible, dont get it twisted, but everything is pointing to worst happening and it seems now its all being twisted into being something we actually want....

I could see baby step movements on the dinar as they build reserves up more and getting the oil production up, which could take a few years but that would just give more time to stack the reserves and actually implement a project to cut down and really reduce the money supply thats out there. This of course will take some time (years even) but it could work. If they would actually use a currency auction type set up to take dinars out of the market we would be in business. They can also need to start selling bonds.....BIG bonds....and many of them....thats another way they can directly influence reducing the currency in circulation....Iraq already is working on some of these things like the oil, building reserves, selling bonds but it needs to happen on a bigger scale....these are all ways they can raise the value of the dinar....

All I post on lately are the lop articles because thats all thats being talked about lately and in a higher frequency then it used to and they have been actually making steps forward to make this happen.....Im not worried about anything but that because it will be the make it or break it of our investment and people should be aware of this....it might not happen, we might be lucky since the govt has to approve this plan and so far Maliki and his gang have been showing a lot of opposition to it. The longer it plays out the better our chances.....but nothing else really matters at this point but what happens with this bill.....So you will have to excuse me for posting on them, Im just wanting to keep an eye on whats going on, and if any new information develops....Hell they could even dismiss this bill and shabibi comes back with a plan to delete 2 zeros and still be able to get the new dinar on par with the USD...we would still make a decent amount nothing crazy but it sure would beat them deleting 3.....

Any other questions??

Wow, that was really nice of you to explain your history and how you arrive at your conclusions today. I really believe a lot of new foreign currency investors, myself inculded, go through an educational process by following these forums. I know that I too in the beginning thought that anyone who believed Iraq would RD was delusional. But not anymore. Now I believe it's another possible avenue of what could happen but not written in stone.

I really believe you bring a lot to this investment and I for one appreciate your patience with the members who aren't exactly nice to you. They spew their venom all the while claiming you are the one being negative. They should step back and read their responses, and while they may have friends who back them up and support them, it doesn't change the fact of who is really negative and abusive.

• Upvote 2

[

Wow, that was really nice of you to explain your history and how you arrive at your conclusions today. I really believe a lot of new foreign currency investors, myself inculded, go through an educational process by following these forums. I know that I too in the beginning thought that anyone who believed Iraq would RD was delusional. But not anymore. Now I believe it's another possible avenue of what could happen but not written in stone.

I really believe you bring a lot to this investment and I for one appreciate your patience with the members who aren't exactly nice to you. They spew their venom all the while claiming you are the one being negative. They should step back and read their responses, and while they may have friends who back them up and support them, it doesn't change the fact of who is really negative and abusive.

Thanks workerbee....we all want the same outcome here, and we all at one point only saw and would only look at how Iraq will be successful and how they can RV, but never bothered to look at what it really takes to make something like this happen or how this could turn against us.....I know it took me time to open up my eyes to the taboo aspects.....but most of the time, the ones who stick around here the longest or who have been around a long time start to realize what you and me both do workerbee....

Good to see your still around!! Here is hoping for the best! LOL

• Downvote 1

we all want the same outcome here, and we all at one point only saw and would only look at how Iraq will be successful and how they can RV, but never bothered to look at what it really takes to make something like this happen or how this could turn against us...

Keep, can you point to an instance in history where a similar situation did indeed turn against investors like us? That would be extremely helpful toward understanding your point of view.

Keep, can you point to an instance in history where a similar situation did indeed turn against investors like us? That would be extremely helpful toward understanding your point of view.

What I explained wasent enough? You could actually step it up a level from us and talk about how similar situations ended up screwing business investors outside the country.....Iraq did this very thing in 1993 and in 2003 when they switched currency to what we hold now....

They closed borders and didnt allow people to exchange if you were outside the country and it didnt matter who you were....

You could say the same for any currency speculators/traders if they held currencies from russia, turkey, brazil, romania whomever....they might not of had the hype that this dinar carries but if you wanna consider changing currencies and lopping as turning against investors, well, then this is it....

• Upvote 2

What I explained wasent enough? You could actually step it up a level from us and talk about how similar situations ended up screwing business investors outside the country.....Iraq did this very thing in 1993 and in 2003 when they switched currency to what we hold now...

They closed borders and didnt allow people to exchange if you were outside the country and it didnt matter who you were...

1993 is disqualified on account of Saddam Hussein having been left in power in Iraq.

You could say the same for any currency speculators/traders if they held currencies from russia, turkey, brazil, romania whomever...

Not the same. The prospective players are different, the United States did not fight wars in those countries, the United States has not overseen the printing of the currency in those countries, and the natural resources situation in Iraq sets this opportunity apart.

they might not of had the hype that this dinar carries but if you wanna consider changing currencies and lopping as turning against investors, well, then this is it....

If that's all you've got, Keep - namely Russia, Turkey, Brazil, and/or Romania, I'd have to say you don't really have nearly as much to worry about as you seem to be convinced.

1993 is disqualified on account of Saddam Hussein having been left in power in Iraq.

Not the same. The prospective players are different, the United States did not fight wars in those countries, the United States has not overseen the printing of the currency in those countries, and the natural resources situation in Iraq sets this opportunity apart.

If that's all you've got, Keep - namely Russia, Turkey, Brazil, and/or Romania, I'd have to say you don't really have nearly as much to worry about as you seem to be convinced.

It doesnt matter....the main point is that countries close borders when changing currency or you can say even when they "retire" a note.....

If you think that just because we invaded Iraq that it changes the fact of the options or stunts that the CBI and the govt of Iraq can do you are really mistaken.....currency speculation is a HUGE industry....thats basically what forex is for....it doesnt matter what country it is or how much oil they have, that doesnt change the fact that countries DO screw over investors all the time....it happens....

The US didnt print the currency by the way.....6 other countries did..... Sri Lanka, Kenya, Spain, United Kingdom, Malta and Germany.

The worry is if Iraq redenominates.....because those countries also closed its borders when they did....and anyone holding the currency was SOL....And Iraq also closed it borders when they changed currency at a 1 to 1 ratio for the dinar we have now!!

Were you not able to pick that info up from the links provided?

• Downvote 1

It doesnt matter....the main point is that countries close borders when changing currency or you can say even when they "retire" a note.....

If you think that just because we invaded Iraq that it changes the fact of the options or stunts that the CBI and the govt of Iraq can do you are really mistaken.....currency speculation is a HUGE industry....thats basically what forex is for....it doesnt matter what country it is or how much oil they have, that doesnt change the fact that countries DO screw over investors all the time....it happens....

The US didnt print the currency by the way.....6 other countries did..... Sri Lanka, Kenya, Spain, United Kingdom, Malta and Germany.

The worry is if Iraq redenominates.....because those countries also closed its borders when they did....and anyone holding the currency was SOL....And Iraq also closed it borders when they changed currency at a 1 to 1 ratio for the dinar we have now!!

Were you not able to pick that info up from the links provided?

Yes, I read the links, but I think you're a worry wart.

Yes, I read the links, but I think you're a worry wart.

You know how the phrase history repeats itself was coined?

There is no indication that they wouldnt do that again.....its happened everytime an adjustment or change was made to the currency....its part of the reason why so many advise against buying dinar because there is no guarantees that we will even be able to exchange the bills we have.....

If your not aware and conscious of the possible outcomes, you cant prepare or plan properly.....if you dont plan to succeed, you plan to fail....

• Upvote 1

You know how the phrase history repeats itself was coined?

I know it all too well, Keep. Believe me.

There is no indication that they wouldnt do that again.....its happened everytime an adjustment or change was made to the currency....its part of the reason why so many advise against buying dinar because there is no guarantees that we will even be able to exchange the bills we have.....

You must be a nervous wreck worrying about these things! At most, I stand to lose only three grand if that happens. I'll tell you honestly, I got screwed in a DUI case this past year, and I lost well over three grand in the deal. By the way, I had only four glasses of wine at dinner in four hours' time. My BAC should have registered well under the legal limit, but they booked me at .089. I was incredulous, but the point I am making is that I am not afraid to lose what I have invested in Iraqi dinar. Been there, done that.

If your not aware and conscious of the possible outcomes, you cant prepare or plan properly.....if you dont plan to succeed, you plan to fail....

And I plan to succeed.

Edited by Sanssouci