Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Finance Committee unveils budget 2012 after completion of Ashura

02/12/2011 | (Voice of Iraq) - Add comments - Twilight News revealed the parliamentary finance committee, on Friday, on the completion of the budget in 2012 after the end of the decrees established on the occasion of Ashura, explaining that she was able to persuade the International Monetary Fund not to reduce the amounts allocated to the projects and the development of services the regions. The head of the Finance Committee, Haider al-Abadi had said, Wednesday night, during a press conference in the parliament building for budget 2012 will reach the House of Representatives next week, after a reduction of the Ministry of Finance the deficit, and adopt $ 85 price per barrel of oil. A member of the Finance Committee Parliamentary Secretary Hadi Abbas in an interview with "Twilight News" that "all the paragraphs of the budget in 2012 has become clear to the Finance Committee after discussing the paragraphs with the Ministries of Finance and Planning, and accordingly, it will complete the budget after the end of the ceremony of Ashura," stressing that "the budget of 2012 will to the House of Representatives next week. " The speaker of the House of Representatives Osama Najafi, last Monday, to speed up the completion of the budget in 2012 , Abbas said, "the IMF had the objections to the amount of the budget in general, and devoted to the paragraphs in particular," adding that "the Commission agreed with the IMF to reduce the amount of items that do not affect the service projects and the development of the regions and provinces. " and Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, in the middle of this month, that the budget for fiscal year 2012 will be forwarded to the Parliament soon. j p

Read more: http://www.sotaliraq.com/business.php?id=4746#ixzz1fOGppOP7

• Upvote 3

great news.......next week should be an interesting week..........thanks for the post.............GO DINAR

I think the next 3 weeks are going to be a hell of a ride, Something is definetly going to have to happen, with all the news coming out. :D

• Upvote 2

" The speaker of the House of Representatives Osama Najafi, last Monday, to speed up the completion of the budget in 2012 ,

Don't think I can comprehend someone actually using the word "speed" in Iraq. :D That's a first. That means more to me then a lot of the news which is all good.

• Upvote 4

Us pulling out....budget opening....world central banks bailing everyone out....HCL....CHAP 7 getting realeased....oil up over 100 bucks....Iraq Sovereignty declared yest.....IMF with there hands in Iraq....maliki to Kuwait...maliki to Washington....

Thats just off the top of my head....please feep free to add on!

Wow! Things are moving! Could imagine how long it would take the US to get this stuff done!!!

Ohhh and Im watchin O talk about creating new jobs on Fox as I type....MANNN IM GETTING EXCITED!!!

Go RV!!!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

I think the next 3 weeks are going to be a hell of a ride, Something is definetly going to have to happen, with all the news coming out. :D

totally agree........all the events happening at this time.............it is sure different than the last few years heading into the new year..............i will be fun and exciting to see the completion.........GO DINAR

• Upvote 2

totally agree........all the events happening at this time.............it is sure different than the last few years heading into the new year..............i will be fun and exciting to see the completion.........GO DINAR

Papster, I stated in another thread that Christine Lagarde of the IMF will be in Washington, Tues 12/6/11 to give a speech on the Middle East. Maybe she will drop a clue as to what's going on :D

• Upvote 1

The Day of Ashura (Arabic: عاشوراء‎ ʻĀshūrā’, Ashura, Ashoura, and other spellings; Turkish: Aşure Günü) is on the 10th day of Muharram in the Islamic calendar and marks the climax of the Remembrance of Muharram.

It is commemorated by Shia Muslims as a day of mourning for the martyrdom of Husayn ibn Ali, the grandson of the Prophet Muhammad at the Battle of Karbala on 10 Muharram in the year 61 AH (October 2, 680 CE).[2] According to Sunni Muslim tradition, Muhammad fasted on this day and asked other people to fast.[3][4] Sunni Muslims also remember the day claiming that Moses fasted on that day to express gratitude to God for liberating the Israelites from Egypt.

In some Shi'ite regions of Muslim countries such as Albania, Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Azerbaijan, Pakistan, Lebanon, and Bahrain, the Commemoration of Husayn ibn Ali has become a national holiday and most ethnic and religious communities participate in it. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

Papster, I stated in another thread that Christine Lagarde of the IMF will be in Washington, Tues 12/6/11 to give a speech on the Middle East. Maybe she will drop a clue as to what's going on :D

Lagarde? No kidding. Wow. Visiting is one thing, but a speech on the Middle East with Europe in turmoil and she is in the middle of it. Wow.......i need a paper bag...........Wow

Maybe I wowed too much:

CPD Research Fellow Lina Khatib to Join IMF Director at Arab World Conference

Dec 1, 2011

Dr. Lina Khatib will discuss regional Arab reform during the upcoming "In the Middle of the Storm: Development and Governance in the Arab World," conference to be held on December 6, 2011, at the Woodrow Wilson Center in Washington, DC. The two panel conference will feature a keynote lunch with Christine Lagarde, Managing Director, International Monetary Fund.

Dr. Khatib is currently a CPD Research Fellow for the 2011-2012 academic year.

Maybe I wowed too much:

CPD Research Fellow Lina Khatib to Join IMF Director at Arab World Conference

Dec 1, 2011

Dr. Lina Khatib will discuss regional Arab reform during the upcoming "In the Middle of the Storm: Development and Governance in the Arab World," conference to be held on December 6, 2011, at the Woodrow Wilson Center in Washington, DC. The two panel conference will feature a keynote lunch with Christine Lagarde, Managing Director, International Monetary Fund.

Dr. Khatib is currently a CPD Research Fellow for the 2011-2012 academic year.

I had seen it on the IMF site and it said that Christine Lagarde is scheduled to give a speech, I thought that was kind of interesting, as far as the timing... I read somewhere else that Maliki might be in Washington earlier than the sched. visit 12/14 and that 12/6 is possible. It just sounded interesting, You never know a clue might get dropped at that speech. Here's hoping :D