Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Al-Maliki: Iraq today has full sovereignty

k98nights

Roda, Adam said two things left, and one was chap 7, so only HCL remains, and this is waiting for vote, soooo, what is your thought on this ?

Biden and Maliki's statements are more about perception than actuality. It's similar to a Mayor and Developer ribbon cutting ceremony for a new library. It looks good on the six oclock news but the Fire Department still has to sign off on the public safety aspect before it can truly be open for business. Still and all, it is obvious the remaining 'T's' and 'I's' are just about ready to be crossed and dotted.

Now, if those troublesome bunny ears would just go away. :P

Go RV!

• Upvote 1

Biden and Maliki's statements are more about perception than actuality. It's similar to a Mayor and Developer ribbon cutting ceremony for a new library. It looks good on the six oclock news but the Fire Department still has to sign off on the public safety aspect before it can truly be open for business. Still and all, it is obvious the remaining 'T's' and 'I's' are just about ready to be crossed and dotted.

Now, if those troublesome bunny ears would just go away. :P

Go RV!

Yes Biden/Maliki do the ribbon cutting, but the library has to be ready for opening right ?

And I agree lopsters put your tail between your legs and walk away.

Great post C. I really think it is done. The reason is the United States is very influential in the UN, and how they staged it. Vice President Biden announced it, Maliki acknowledged they were indeed a sovereign nation. However no announcement from UN officially so we will see, we

ty

I have to thank you for your dialogue with JWJW and Tigerstripes last night on the "education" post. For the most part, we are in a rut around here in our "RV" thinking, and you were thinking out of the box, and it was great to see. Thanks to all three of you. I love it.

It was a little funny to follow your conversation with JW and TS, while the children ran around the adult's table screaming "mine, mine, mine".

• Upvote 2

Great post C. I really think it is done. The reason is the United States is very influential in the UN, and how they staged it. Vice President Biden announced it, Maliki acknowledged they were indeed a sovereign nation. However no announcement from UN officially so we will see, we

Great post carrello & zig, you guys have been great for a long time... I truly think it's done also..Santa shabibi is coming to town :D

you dont need dinar to do that..........just some balls..........."HEY JACKWAGON"........."TAKE THIS JOB AND SHOVE IT..........I AINT WORKING HERE NO MORE"........then go find something you love to do...........GO DINAR

Agreed 100%. I did that...with a business I owned that I hated. I didn't even sell it. I just closed that miserable business. Jobs are so much easier to walk away from :).

• Upvote 1

The "bodies lost during the war" part doesn't make sense to me. The war with Kuwait was fought almost entirely within Kuwait's borders. Did Iraq take prisoners of war and then execute them?

Sanssouci, there is information below regarding the prisoners. There are details at the site provided.

Keep up the flogging and keep them frazzled! Oh, was that you or Sanssouci2? B)

Aftermath of the 1991 Gulf war – new steps to establish the fate of the missing

http://www.icrc.org/eng/resources/documents/misc/5h5d4x.htm

14-01-2003 Operational Update

Through its long operational presence in Iraq, the ICRC has become a reference for humanitarian problems. Among these: the fate of people unaccounted for. Talks on the issue resumed in January..

The agreement reached on 18 December 2002 to resume talks on establishing the fate of people unaccounted for since the 1991 Gulf war follows four years of discreet diplomatic efforts by the ICRC. The discussions – held in the framework of a technical sub-committee of a Tripartite Commission including Iraq, Kuwait and the Coalition states – were suspended at the end of 1998.

Kuwait says that over 600 of its nationals – and others - disappeared during the Iraqi occupation, while Iraq says that more than 1,100 of its own nationals have been missing since the Gulf conflict.

Within the framework of the technical sub-committee, Iraq, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia met on 8 January 2003 in Amman, Jordan; it was the first such meeting since December 1998. The ICRC chaired the meeting, as it had done since the sub-committee was formed after the conflict (see detailed chronology below).

Sanssouci, there is information below regarding the prisoners. There are details at the site provided.

Keep up the flogging and keep them frazzled! Oh, was that you or Sanssouci2? B)

Aftermath of the 1991 Gulf war – new steps to establish the fate of the missing

http://www.icrc.org/eng/resources/documents/misc/5h5d4x.htm

14-01-2003 Operational Update

Through its long operational presence in Iraq, the ICRC has become a reference for humanitarian problems. Among these: the fate of people unaccounted for. Talks on the issue resumed in January..

The agreement reached on 18 December 2002 to resume talks on establishing the fate of people unaccounted for since the 1991 Gulf war follows four years of discreet diplomatic efforts by the ICRC. The discussions – held in the framework of a technical sub-committee of a Tripartite Commission including Iraq, Kuwait and the Coalition states – were suspended at the end of 1998.

Kuwait says that over 600 of its nationals – and others - disappeared during the Iraqi occupation, while Iraq says that more than 1,100 of its own nationals have been missing since the Gulf conflict.

Within the framework of the technical sub-committee, Iraq, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia met on 8 January 2003 in Amman, Jordan; it was the first such meeting since December 1998. The ICRC chaired the meeting, as it had done since the sub-committee was formed after the conflict (see detailed chronology below).

Thanks, Carello. Yes, we're one and the same. The flogging will continue. :lol:

Edited by Sanssouci