Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Respect for Iraquis

Linda Bower

I have been onthe chat page for a few months now and am saddened by the disrespect I have seen by some in regards to the people of Iraq (lots of name calling). People have complained about everything under the sun about this whole process in regards to how the Iraqui government has done things. It has reminded me of when we adopted several years ago from Russia. We met a couple on the plane over there that were adopting a two year old little boy. They had been in process of adopting 5 short months compared to our almost 4 years. They were very critical about everything. We saw them again in the US embassy and again they couldn't say enough bad things about the Russians and all that they had encountered (which truthfully was not that bad). As we were flying out, again they were on our flight sitting several rows ahead of us. They started bashing the Russians and couldn't say anything positive about the whole affair. There were Russian citizens surrounding us on the flight and i am sure many of them understood English. I was terribly embarrassed, as an American, to have this couple who had just received the most precious gift imaginable in the form of this amazingly wonderful 2 year old little boy, be so rude and disrespectful to the very ones who had allowed them to have this gift. What a kick in the teeth! What I understood about this couple is that they had not done their homework. They had not tried to understand the customs and beliefs of this land they were visiting. They thought everything should be catered to them and Americanized. They did not appreciate the diversity and rich history or sorrows the Russian people had endured. I guess what I am trying to say is: We are about to receive an abundant gift from the Iraqui people, one that will change our lives. Let us please show respect and dignity to the people of Iraq and try to understand where they are coming from. Their customs and beliefs may be different than ours and they may conduct business differently than we do, but they are still human beings and deserve our respect. Just remember, there is a pretty good likelihood that Iraquis visit this site. What will they learn about us?

I have been onthe chat page for a few months now and am saddened by the disrespect I have seen by some in regards to the people of Iraq (lots of name calling). People have complained about everything under the sun about this whole process in regards to how the Iraqui government has done things. It has reminded me of when we adopted several years ago from Russia. We met a couple on the plane over there that were adopting a two year old little boy. They had been in process of adopting 5 short months compared to our almost 4 years. They were very critical about everything. We saw them again in the US embassy and again they couldn't say enough bad things about the Russians and all that they had encountered (which truthfully was not that bad). As we were flying out, again they were on our flight sitting several rows ahead of us. They started bashing the Russians and couldn't say anything positive about the whole affair. There were Russian citizens surrounding us on the flight and i am sure many of them understood English. I was terribly embarrassed, as an American, to have this couple who had just received the most precious gift imaginable in the form of this amazingly wonderful 2 year old little boy, be so rude and disrespectful to the very ones who had allowed them to have this gift. What a kick in the teeth! What I understood about this couple is that they had not done their homework. They had not tried to understand the customs and beliefs of this land they were visiting. They thought everything should be catered to them and Americanized. They did not appreciate the diversity and rich history or sorrows the Russian people had endured. I guess what I am trying to say is: We are about to receive an abundant gift from the Iraqui people, one that will change our lives. Let us please show respect and dignity to the people of Iraq and try to understand where they are coming from. Their customs and beliefs may be different than ours and they may conduct business differently than we do, but they are still human beings and deserve our respect. Just remember, there is a pretty good likelihood that Iraquis visit this site. What will they learn about us?

Very well put together. All I can do is recommend a couple of books. 1) Secrets of the Millionaire's Mind by T. Harv Eker; This book talks about your money blue print. People who are only looking for an RV and nothing else is only worrying about themselves. People like that will be broke all over again in a few years after the RV because of their money blue print. They are not thinking like a millionaire, they are thinking like someone who's poor looking for a ticket out of poverty.

The second book I recommend is "Top Performance" by Zig Ziglar. This is where you can see how important it is to think more about others than yourself. One of Zig Ziglar's quotes is my favorite is "If you help people get what they want, you will automatically get yours".

Folks, All I'm saying is these books will help you in personal development. If you just work hard on "YOU" everything else will fall into place. So please don't act desperate. Be patient and keep reading books on personal Development.

Just sayin

Hello. Good post. I like to think I'm a people person. I have so many friends in the Philippines and I am so hoping I can get there and start a few plantations to help all that I can with work and food and shelter. I have sent 4 people to school and would love to send a million more but that's too many. I am going to try to do my best to help them prosper and gain some education. That's my goal. Thanks.

Hi Linda. Thank you for that wonderful post. I know what you mean about disrespectful people. Some are never pleased even if you bend over backward. There's always going to be some that cry and whine and carry on and hate. But what they don't know is that one day it'll happen to them. Yhen they can reflect back on when they were fools. Thanks.

Hi Linda. Thank you for that wonderful post. I know what you mean about disrespectful people. Some are never pleased even if you bend over backward. There's always going to be some that cry and whine and carry on and hate. But what they don't know is that one day it'll happen to them. Yhen they can reflect back on when they were fools. Thanks.

Thanks Ron & Linda - I appreciated your remarks. Unfortunately, some don't want to change their nature and continue in the same rut, lifestyle, and way they choose to think and view everyone & the world...! I believe it has a name, the --- nature.

RON ;)