Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

'SAME-SEX' UNIONS CALLED "DESTRUCTIVE"

chocolate1

Sad to see how our society has declined over the years. At one time Americans held values that such a post would not rase a brow. Now we have schools that teach very young children how to put a condom on a carrot or other veggie, we show these same young children movies about how is ok to have Billy making out with Brian or the like, they are even showing boys how to "make love with another boy" we have "*** Pride" events and of course we have some people that believe marriage rights should also be extended to the *** community. I could care less with who does what with whom but the fact remains that our country was founded on Christian principals and traditions and that is why the opposition to the movement towards *** marriage will always be there.

yup. some people are just too happy to see the moral fabric of our society destroyed. and why? my guess is they feel more comfortable in that zone....

Well........ I was raised in the church of Scotland. I do not attend church on a regular basis, partly because I don't feel a particular need to. But what I will say is I was always taught the "god" loves and accepts all people of all races , religions and sexuality in to his kingdom, REGARDLESS of any so called "sin" they might have committed whilst her on earth. So, if when I get to the pearly gates I find out this is not the case then I would not wish to enter. If god is the creator of all things, why did he not make us all the same? Why create so many different cultures , races, religions, skin colours and people with differing sexuality? Remember people are born homosexual / lesbian. Life would be very boring if we were all the same. And as far as I am concerned there is room in MY heaven for everyone. Again I will say the original post is one of the most stupid , ill informed, worthless pieces I have read in a long time. Probably stated by people who call themselves christian but have no tolerance for a diverse society. Also it probably has to be their way or no way. Tiff and any others who are anything other than heterosexual. ....enjoy ytour life. I wish you all happiness!!

wow. anger management

Well said.

Tiffany, et al. God is not politically correct and never will be and neither does it matter to Him what our perverted culture has designated as a "alternative lifestyle" or "significant other".

He is not disuaded from being a Holy God and expect us to live holy lives just because His Commandments are unpopular and rejected. God is not going to 'pick up his ball and go home' just because you do not believe that what he said, he meant. You could believe with all your heart and soul that God would not send someone to an eternal separation away from him for not repenting and continuing to live in Sin but unless your beliefs and way of living are substantiated in His Word, the Bible, than you are terribly wrong and cannot enter into the Kingdom of Heaven, either.

Yes, God is Love, understanding, compassionate, etc. etc. , but God still says that Homosexuality is wrong-He has not changed His mind on the matter. If that were the case-then the Almighty owes Sodom and Gomorrah a really big apology!

Does it not register in your head-or maybe you just flat out do not care -that the God of all Creation, 'put down'/crucified/sacrificed a member of the Trinity for you?! Did you know that you actually inferred that because your *** friend is one of the nicest guys you ever knew that in your opinion then, you overide what God' word says about Sin?

You owe it to yourself, and to your Eternal destiny to read the Word of God in its entirety and find out who God is and what His expectations of us, a lost society and people are.

God says in Revelation 21:27: "and there shall in no wise enter into it anything unclean, or he that maketh an abomination and a lie: but only they which are written in the Lamb's book of life." That's final, Tiffany. His Word is non-negotiable.

I have many *** friends as well and I love them all to pieces.

...i want to come out of the closet as a straight person-thing is, im not nice. will i make it to heaven? :blink:

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Goodness me what a hot debate this has become. I am British, and frankly this attack by the religious zealots in here I find not only bizarre but for the most part so hypocritical. No, I don't know you God fearing people, but on the face of it screaming your values at others when you only have to pick up any newspaper on virtually a weekly basis and see the truly criminal perversions of the Catholic church, especially for those to whom many have entrusted their most adored boy children to at boarding school, one of many extraordinarily horrid stories to me, and I really do think that the last thing you should all be harping on about is someone's sexuality. Exploitation of the truly vunerable is vile.

In the name of God even the dinar, bit of topical stuff lol, has been used to con people, we see that every day in the rumours section.

I have watched the Evangelical in America, hmm, and seen some of the justification for having vulgar wealth, multiple marriages and worse, and I will say that I would rather spend the evening with an open, entertaining and funny *** than any of them.

We are Church of England, which means we keep our mouths shut, help as much as we can, and abhor hypocrites and bigots. I never usually discuss religion or politics, but this proves to me I would far rather be kind to those that are kind to me, whatever side they are batting on, simply none of my business, than having mortality rammed down my throat by someone who I have no desire to be in the same room with.

And as a side note, if it had not been for many a homosexual, we would not be able to enjoy their wonderful art and music even through their persecution.

My brief thoughts over, and imo consenting ADULTS should be able to whatever they like as long as they don't hurt others.

...I was going to respond to this erroneous bs but i think the following video pretty much lays it out about the wonderful brits. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i47HoiM0Au8&feature=email

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Funny how this thread started as a discussion on whether same sex unions made good or bad parents....and look where it has gone. There is a quote by Dale Carnegie that says, "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." So this forum shouldn't be about trying to change other folks minds, it should be about sharing your views and learning of the viewpoints of others. I do like reading folks feelings and testaments about this issue, but I don't like seeing single line posts that attack the poster. I respect the views of everyone that has a opinion that is stated in an intelligent manner and not in a childish retort.

Whether the poster is devout in their faith or strong in their philosophy, their views should be respected even if you don't believe that way. (Congrats Pappy because you have demonstrated that many times in this forum!)

Being in a same-sex relationship and having 2 exceptionally talented children (one in graduate school working towards her PhD in Chemistry and the other in high school with awesome talent in the arts) I do firmly believe that same-sex unions can raise wonderful, productive and emotionally well adjusted children. I have found out that it is the others around them that try to tell them otherwise, which they have refused to believe. I have always taught my daughters to evaluate the cost and benefits of taking a particular stance on any issue. If anyone is curious about my religious background, I was raised in a strong Christian home and I am very familiar with biblical teachings. But that is where I take a different course. I am an Objectivist. Objectivism is a philosophy, which is just another word for how you view the world. Everyone has a philosophy, even if they don't know it. There's no way to avoid it. It's the way you make sense of the world. It's how you put your knowledge together into an understanding of the world. It's how you make choices, weigh costs and benefits, and decide how to live your life.

I do not have a faith (a belief that is not based on proof), however, I do have the highest of respect for those that do. I do not attack them for their beliefs.

So my point is, repect others' beliefs and repectively disagree if you want to, but be mature enough to remember Dale Carnegie's quote above. :)

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

...I was going to respond to this erroneous bs but i think the following video pretty much lays it out about the wonderful brits. :)

http://www.youtube.c...8&feature=email

Wow, what is this all about. I think I will go to San Pedro. Cross the scary bridge and run on down to fisherman's wharf and get a bite to eat. This thread is so wrong. Wanna come, cross over.

http://www.sanpedro.com/sp_point/vtbrdg.htm

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Wow, what is this all about. I think I will go to San Pedro. Cross the scary bridge and run on down to fisherman's wharf and get a bite to eat. This thread is so wrong. Wanna come, cross over.

http://www.sanpedro....oint/vtbrdg.htm

I'm with you! The bridge looks a lot prettier then this thread. I'm ready for some pretty Christmas lights for sure !!!! :D

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

<br />Goodness me what a hot debate this has become. I am British, and frankly this attack by the religious zealots in here I find not only bizarre but for the most part so hypocritical. No, I don't know you God fearing people, but on the face of it screaming your values at others when you only have to pick up any newspaper on virtually a weekly basis and see the truly criminal perversions of the Catholic church, especially for those to whom many have entrusted their most adored boy children to at boarding school, one of many extraordinarily horrid stories to me, and I really do think that the last thing you should all be harping on about is someone's sexuality. Exploitation of the truly vunerable is vile.  <br /><br />In the name of God even the dinar, bit of topical stuff lol, has been used to con people, we see that every day in the rumours section.<br /><br />I have watched the Evangelical in America, hmm, and seen some of the justification for having vulgar wealth, multiple marriages and worse, and I will say that I would rather spend the evening with an open, entertaining and funny *** than any of them.<br /><br />We are Church of England, which means we keep our mouths shut, help as much as we can, and abhor hypocrites and bigots. I never usually discuss religion or politics, but this proves to me I would far rather be kind to those that are kind to me, whatever side they are batting on, simply none of my business, than having mortality rammed down my throat by someone who I have no desire to be in the same room with.<br /><br />And as a side note, if it had not been for many a homosexual, we would not be able to enjoy their wonderful art and music even through their persecution. <br /><br />My brief thoughts over, and imo consenting ADULTS should be able to whatever they like as long as they don't hurt others.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

...I know this thread is pretty much done and over with already-but, just wondering if you are aware of the following, and by the way, this may sound pretty blunt but it is the truth, which can be very inconvenient to some people:

There is a HUGE difference between Roman Catholicism and Disciples of Jesus Christ.

I have yet to discover in the Bible where the Lord directs us to make prayers to and place our Hope and Faith in ceramic images of dead saints or other religious man made statuary or Relics or perform pagan rituals to get the attention and divine intervention of God or dead saints.

I have yet to discover where the Alpha and the Omega, The Way, The Truth and The Life, commands us to exalt, reverence or kneel before any man whom places himself at the head of an Organization of over one-billion catholic followers as an alleged mediator for those followers to God.

I have not discovered anywhere in the Word of the Lord Jesus Christ, where he commands or directs us to pray to, worship or reverence in any manner, a female deity AKA the virgin mary.

And, do you really believe that the Inquisition was the work of godly 'christian men' and followers of the teachings and commandments of The Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ as very clearly laid out in the New Testament ?

Why the Roman Catholics and their Leadership have referred to themselves as "Christians" for almost two thousand years is a mystery to me. Those that were killed during the Inquisition were those that refused to recant their faith in Christ as Lord and Saviour instead of the Holy See.

I could go on forever with this-but you get where Im coming from.

The Bible says in the book of Acts that, " they were first called Christians in Antioch". Acts :23-26. They were called 'Christ-ians' because of their personal conduct and way of living as commanded and taught by Him and His Word. The Disciples of Christ were not referred to or called Murderers, Thieves, Decievers, Liars or Boneheads!

Read the New Testament for yourself and see why they call Him the Light of the World.

• Upvote 3

• 2 months later...

cho,

I have no idea if you really believe this or if you were just putting it out there for public comment, but I do know you made someone that I care about very angry today. While you may not care, I do and would ask that you please refrain from making such rash postings in the future. In parting, here are a few words that may make you think twice before doing so again:

Straight Americans need… an education of the heart and soul. They must understand – to begin with – how it can feel to spend years denying your own deepest truths, to sit silently through classes, meals, and church services while people you love toss off remarks that brutalize your soul. – Bruce Bawer

From one of the Greatest Humanitarians of our time and a dam good salad dressing maker to boot:

I’m a supporter of G A Y rights. And not a closet supporter either. From the time I was a kid, I have never been able to understand attacks upon the *** community. There are so many qualities that make up a human being… by the time I get through with all the things that I really admire about people, what they do with their private parts is probably so low on the list that it is irrelevant. – Paul Newman

Ahhh! - so tiff23 is also 14mil! I read many of the other 14mil posts and it is the same person. wow - what a wicked web we weave... tsk, tsk

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1