Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

(ICB) has confirmed it will issue a new bill with a value of 50,000 IQD ($43) but marked as 50 dinars.

trooper

I was born in LB in Belmont Shore, went to Wilson, my dad and grandmother went to Poly. Talk about cruising, if I had a nickel for every time I went up and down Second Street, I could bail out the US government.

What a riot! Mods are probably going to shut our memory lane down but here goes a few more steps. POB: St Marys, graduated Lakewood HS. Remember the Milk Bowl at Veterans stadium at the begining of football season? Lakewood, Milikan, Jordan, Poly, Wilson all played a 1/4. Cruising? Oh man, underage, I drank a lot of beer at Big Johns on 2nd st.

Long Beach Pike

Keep sticking your head in the sand and believing everything the gurus and pumpers tell you to believe.

Lol! Although Im a fan of the beach....not really into my head being in the sand....I honestly just choose to think for myself....unlike you....who obviously believes everything you read.

I listen to no gurus believe me....it appears you are another who has been scarred by the gurus....im sorry for that.:)

If you feel so strongly about your stance....why you hangin around on a dinar forum....dont u have better things to do? This thing is full of "propoganda" take a look around.

Bottomline is even the owner of the site sees things completely different then you....why dont you call him out??? Arent you a VIP? Could have sworn ive seen you in VIP....

Anyways listen if you think the truth is what you read...sell me your dinars....I will give you $1200 per mill....and if it RVs I will sell them back to you for half of what it RVs at.....sound good? Its a win win for you!:)

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

A few on here need to look at this and do the math; posted earlier today

Kurdistan Region’s share of general budget is 22billion ID

PUKmedia 28-11-2011 10:20:53

Member of Economy and Investment Committee in the Iraqi Parliament from White al-Iraqiya Bloc Aiziz al- Mayahi , in a press statement said that the share of Kurdistan Region of the Iraqi state general budget will be 22 billion iraqi dinar which represents 17% of the state’s budget.

http://www.pukmedia....gion&Itemid=385

Read more:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Why do people keep talking about the "current" 50 dinar bill. THERE IS NO CURRENT 50 DINAR NOTE. Do you realize how worthless it would be if there were one already in circulation? The lowest current deno$ is 250 I believe. So there can be no comparison of the "new" 50 and the "current" 50 because there is no current one. There, I feel better.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Why do people keep talking about the "current" 50 dinar bill. THERE IS NO CURRENT 50 DINAR NOTE. Do you realize how worthless it would be if there were one already in circulation? The lowest current deno$ is 250 I believe. So there can be no comparison of the "new" 50 and the "current" 50 because there is no current one. There, I feel better.

There is infact a 50 note... I have no link handy, but you can see it at any dinar dealers web site.

what arew you talking about..I have only 200 50 dinar...and they were released back in 2003....here is the link to the CBI INFORMATION ABOUT The CBI History Monetary Policy Payment Systems Banknotes & Coins Laws & Regulations Iraqi & Foreign Financial Institutions International Financial Institutions Careers RESOURCES Government Debt Currency Auctions CBI Auctions MOF Auctions Financial Statements Statistics Publications News & Announcements Banknotes and Coins

50 Dinar note 250 Dinar note 500 Dinar note

1000 Dinar note 5000 Dinar note 10000 Dinar note

25000 Dinar note 25 Dinar coin 100 Dinar coin

(not in circulation) (not in circulation)

Edited by Hamels
  • Upvote 1

It is only owned by speculators I should have stated that, sorry. As far as circulation, noone I have ever known to have lived in Iraq for any length of time had anything lower than 250. So those who have the 50s now ...it will be interesting to see how they are deemed compared to the new ones as no mention of them has been made.

What a riot! Mods are probably going to shut our memory lane down but here goes a few more steps. POB: St Marys, graduated Lakewood HS. Remember the Milk Bowl at Veterans stadium at the begining of football season? Lakewood, Milikan, Jordan, Poly, Wilson all played a 1/4. Cruising? Oh man, underage, I drank a lot of beer at Big Johns on 2nd st.

Long Beach Pike

OMG. I typically hate chit chat in the middle of a serious conversation, but I can't help myself.

I remember all of the bowl stuff. This is going to give away my age, but if you are a sports buff, my boyfriend at Wilson was Dennis Dummit and we graduated with Bobby Grich.

The Pike? I remember as a kid going down their with another family and kids, but the mothers never went. Wonder why? The roller coaster? All the Navy guys in their white uniforms and white hats. The Rainbow Pier! The west side of Long Beach was always very cool....all the old homes. B)

I need a root beer float and cheese fries from Taco Tio.

It is only owned by speculators I should have stated that, sorry. As far as circulation, noone I have ever known to have lived in Iraq for any length of time had anything lower than 250. So those who have the 50s now ...it will be interesting to see how they are deemed compared to the new ones as no mention of them has been made.

aren't all dinar held in the US speculative???, not just the 50's, but all the bills are a speculative investment

Edited by Hamels
  • Upvote 2

You don't really need to read anything at all to understand why an RV to even a dime is impossible, just have a basic understanding of how economies and currencies work. Iraq very obviously has trillions of dinar in circulation, if they didn't there wouldn't be hundreds of millions for sale on eBay at any given moment, and there wouldn't be dinar dealers selling billions of them a year. Even five trillion in circulation (way low, obviously, but we'll assume a low number so we don't have to "believe" the CBI when they say their M2 is 63 trillion) x 0.10 RV = 500 billion USD worth of currency in circulation. 500 billion = about 2.5 times the currency value of Saudi. Darn near the currency value of Canada. 7 times the currency value of Kuwait. Three times the U.A.E. More than Australias. Is there a reason Iraqs currency would be worth so much in comparison to those other countries? There is not. An RV to a dime is therefore not possible.

Of course he does. How many VIP memberships you think he'd sell if he told everyone it wasn't going to happen?

Lol well ok then....why is it again you troll here?

With a comment like that you wont be around much longer....as you just pretty much made it clear...there is absolutely no reason for you to be here....and now that I know your stance....not really interested in anything else you have to say...see I actually try to learn things as well as pass things on due to the fact I have a pretty good memory....but all your teaching me is how to sit behind a computer and troll a dinar forum cause you obviously have nothing better do....your mama must of told you...you can do anything you want in life....and here you are....attaboy nice work! Lol

Good Luck to you

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

I really want to be wrong so I'm hoping I'm confused -which is usually the case- and that I am reading this wrong and someone will be able to straighten me out.

I just can't make this work out logically in my mind. If they issue a new 50 note and value it as a 50k note that has a 43. USD value, and it's just a 50k note marked as a 50 note, then this means that here in the US if you exchanged a new 50 note you would get $43 but if you kept

your old 50k note you would get $43k USD. That's not equal value. Why would any one in Iraq go for that? If it is true that our 50k notes are going to exchange at .86 for 43,000. USD, then wouldn't every Iraqi citizen holding a 50k note also get $43k USD value as well? Wouldn't

this make the new 50 note and any Iraqi that exchanged their old 50k notes for one of them completely illogical and a very sh#^*% deal?

Isn't the point to of issuing a 50 note with the same value as a 50k note (43 USD) so that the Iraqi citizens can make an even exchange and the Iraqi government can remove the old 50k notes from circulation? So, in other words, just because we would skip the step of

exchanging our 50k notes for the new 50 notes, why would we be entitled to get an exchange value of 1000- 50 notes at are individually worth 43 USD. 1-50 note = 43.00 the same as 1- 50k note.

I really really really want this article to be telling me that my 50k notes will be worth 43k USD, so if someone could please clear this up for me I would be very grateful because if I keep going over this and over this it won't matter because my head will have exploded.

Edited by kivy

You don't really need to read anything at all to understand why an RV to even a dime is impossible, just have a basic understanding of how economies and currencies work. Iraq very obviously has trillions of dinar in circulation, if they didn't there wouldn't be hundreds of millions for sale on eBay at any given moment, and there wouldn't be dinar dealers selling billions of them a year. Even five trillion in circulation (way low, obviously, but we'll assume a low number so we don't have to "believe" the CBI when they say their M2 is 63 trillion) x 0.10 RV = 500 billion USD worth of currency in circulation. 500 billion = about 2.5 times the currency value of Saudi. Darn near the currency value of Canada. 7 times the currency value of Kuwait. Three times the U.A.E. More than Australias. Is there a reason Iraqs currency would be worth so much in comparison to those other countries? There is not. An RV to a dime is therefore not possible.

Perhaps our time could be better spent working out ways that it could work, rather than just rattling on about how it can't possibly ever work.

Have you studied the financial statistics from the CBI? One question that I have is where it lists foreign currency deposits. The latest figures state the foreign currency deposits are worth a bit over 8 trillion dinars. I don't think these foreign currency deposits are a liability to the CBI, rather they would be a liability to whichever country's central bank printed them.

An issue that's been in the back of my mind for a while is that articles state that the US$ is widely used in Iraq, and the CBI wants to de-dollarize the country. Well.....what happens to the US dollars that are currently circulating in Iraq? Anyone have any idea as to the ratio of US$ vs Dinar that are being used in Iraq?

By the way, I have many, many more questions about the numbers the CBI puts out...........are you willing to help in deciphering figures?

• Upvote 1

They said the new bill will be 50 dinarS. not a 50 dinar note like what we have already. the new note will be printed as 50 dinars as in plurel.50dinars =50,000

will be worth 43 usd, as in 100,000. = about 90usd. ...there not leaking out any change of value yet.

Thank you!!! In that case it really does sound like very good news! I can't believe how many brain cells I've squandered over that "s".

Of course he does. How many VIP memberships you think he'd sell if he told everyone it wasn't going to happen?

do you need me to hold your hand while i explain this again

i will write it in caps just in case your sight is suspect.

WHEN THE DINAR RV'S, THERE DINAR RV'S AS WELL, WHICH WILL ALLOW THEM TO COVER IT SINCE THEY HAVE MORE IN THE CBI, THAN IS OUT OF CBI.............THIS IS THE LAST TIME I WILL TELL YOU THIS.......MAKE A MENTAL NOTE........YOUR WELCOME

• Upvote 12

Well to answer your question, I for one think its a good thing. I don't have any facts to back my feelings up, but if I'm reading correctly its saying deleting the three zeros will not have an affect on our investment......that sounds pretty good to me. But I am open for correction. LET'S GO RV......SOONER THAN LATER !

What it means is 1 million dinar would equal 100k usd

• Upvote 1

do you need me to hold your hand while i explain this again

i will write it in caps just in case your site is suspect.

WHEN THE DINAR RV'S, THERE DINAR RV'S AS WELL, WHICH WILL ALLOW THEM TO COVER IT SINCE THEY HAVE MORE IN THE CBI, THAN IS OUT OF CBI.............THIS IS THE LAST TIME I WILL TELL YOU THIS.......MAKE A MENTAL NOTE........YOUR WELCOME

SONNY

I HAVE BEEN SAYING THIS FOR A YEAR NOW, POSED FIRST AS A QUESTION, WHICH NOBODY ANSWERED, AND THEN AS A STATEMENT. I BECAME MORE AND MORE SURE THAT IT COULD BE DONE. AFTER ALL, THEY WILL HAVE DINARS TO TRADE INTO OTHER MONETARY INSTRUMENTS SUCH AS GOLD OR DOLLARS TO COVER AN RV.

I SUPPOSE IT SEEMS SO SIMPLISTIC THAT PEOPLE DO NOT BELIEVE IT, OR WRITE IT OFF AS IMPOSSIBLE, BUT IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT, IT COULD WORK.